[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Not sure which is a better use of funds right now.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 8

File: 1439229057608.png (387KB, 480x726px) Image search: [Google]
1439229057608.png
387KB, 480x726px
Not sure which is a better use of funds right now.
>>
short s&p
>>
>>1036246
LMAO
>>
>>1036242
Use that leverage bro do both.
Short s+p use the money to buy oil
>>
>>1036242
Oil will probably go up eventually. You're fucked if you short S&P and your meme global financial crisis never materializes.

So fuck off and short S&P to be contrarian. Next time you're going to be shitposting from a cardboard box.
>>
>>1036259
ayy lmao. stocks go up every year, right?
>>
File: 1406521782890.jpg (42KB, 377x326px) Image search: [Google]
1406521782890.jpg
42KB, 377x326px
Right now I'm in a 1000x leveraged S&P 500 turbo-bear ETF

Tomorrow I will be a millionaire perhaps even a billionaire
>>
>>1036276
>>
File: bearmode_activate.jpg (598KB, 1200x774px) Image search: [Google]
bearmode_activate.jpg
598KB, 1200x774px
>>1036276
me too :3
>>
>>1036272
But if it does materialise won't oil be suppressed for ages?
Or will the shitty equities market mean people don't feel so bad about spending on commodities and commodity derivatives (consumer products) thus pushing the price higher?
>>
>>1036275

Lol, at worst they dip like 2%. What a return!!!!
>>
>>1036305
Bond yields are going up, so most people with a balanced portfolio won't give a shit that stocks are shitting the bed atm. Most people short the s&p to reduce their risk exposure, not for memes sake
>>
all you retards who want to short missed the boat. enjoy your bear trap, try to think for yourselves next time.
>>
File: inversereturnsofthemarket?.gif (498KB, 500x358px) Image search: [Google]
inversereturnsofthemarket?.gif
498KB, 500x358px
>>1036276
>>1036281
>>1036284
Wait don't leave me out. Can someone explain or provide examples?
>>
File: 6 month SPX.png (9KB, 325x180px) Image search: [Google]
6 month SPX.png
9KB, 325x180px
>>1036325
dat dere downward momentum
>>
>>1036311
have to annualize it brah.

2% in one day exposure = 500%
>>
>>1036311
at worst they dip 2% because I said so xD

china's credit bubble is imploding. oil is gonna keep dropping and pull a lot of american energy companies into bankruptcy. dollar will strengthen even more from those two things and hurt exports. a US recession within 18 months is likely. you ain't seen nothing yet
>>
People that follow technical analysis should at least be branded as retards.
>>
>>1036334
ya no i got that, but like which ETF is the gang going with? Im looking at SPXU and SPXS. I know I'm basically entering midway through the shift in value of these ETF's, but better late then never I always say. Just wondering if there's something else everyone was shorting.
>>
>>1036242
Oh god weve corrected to the historic highs not seen since october 2014

However. Will. We. Make it
>>
>>1036341
>I get all my financial advice from zerohedge
>>
>>1036349
QQQ
>>
>>1036379
wanna share your thoughts?
>>
>>1036407
I already did.
>>1036272

But really I wouldn't do either. There will probably be a serious correction or even a recession in the next couple years, but S&P could go on a +40% run before that for all I know. The fact that everyone and their uncle knows that oil is going to go up means that you probably won't get anything like abnormal returns. It's priced correctly given the time involved and risk premium.
>>
>>1036271
>>use the money
>>the money
What money, the fictional returns, or the possible real ones...?
>>
>>1036242
what you all seem to forget is that the market is ridged to an extent.
if a crash does happen, the big banks will collude to cause a spike,just for a second, all poor fags will be wiped out.

Rich stay rich, middle wiped out, poor stay poor.
>>
>>1036473
Idk man rich fags hold 50% of the equities, a second won't be long enough for all of them to sell their positions.
>>
>>1036276
1000x leverage? How?
>>
>>1036480

stop loss
>>
>>1036521
>what is price slippage
>>
>>1036461
no. you gave a snarky lil fuckboy comment and I was giving you a chance to be less of an idiot, but you failed again
>>
>>1036242

If you don't know don't even start.
>>
File: Capture.png (28KB, 963x320px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
28KB, 963x320px
>>1036515
>>1036325
Ignore them, they're just trolls. Even a retard can notice that the market is clearly catish. No one in their right mind would think that going for a turbo-bear ETF is a good idea.
>>
>>1036242
Both
>>
>>1036952
TPP KEK
>>
As a long term investor that only invest money I don't need anytime soon, I'll wait to shit go down a little bit more and then buy long position.
>>
>>1037216
What makes you think that it's not about to rebound? S&P 500 only dropped 0.14% today, and I'd imagine that a lot more people will want to jump on now that it stopped falling as hard.
>>
>>1037296
>what are market rallies
>what are economic cycles
>>
>>1036275

LOOK GUYS I SAT OUT ON 5 YEARS OF 70% RETURNS JUST TO TIME THIS SHORT AND COME AWAY WITH 20% IT WAS SUCH A RUSH
>>
>>1037313
>>what are economic cycles
Do you seriously think we're facing a contraction just because of one shitty week? Were you also pissing your pants in august?
>>
>>1037346
>ony shitty week
2 weeks so far. also, again
>what are rallies

did the market ever reach new highs after august? no. things will only get worse with the chinese situation

do you seriously believe the bull market lasts forever? how much knowledge do you have of stocks at all?

the first guy said he'll only invest when the market bottoms out, which it hasn't. there is no point in buying in now
>>
>>1037446

How can you tell for sure, it has bottomed out? You could have said the same shit in august.
>>
>>1037463
Stop doing anything with the economy.
>>
>>1037463
do whatever then. buy in now. makes no difference to me. if you can't tell what the market is doing, then go ahead. that type of attitude is what keeps 90% of stock investors/traders in the red.

honestly unless trump is elected we're gonna see a proper recession
>>
>>1037476

>>1037446

>the first guy said he'll only invest when the market bottoms out, which it hasn't. there is no point in buying in now

You clearly implied that the market has not yet bottomed out. So tell me when will it bottom out, since you clearly are a fucking expert at this shit.
>>
>>1037510
do i literally have to explain this to you? it's not about what you don't know i'm wondering, but what about you do know. what have you read on the subject?

what do you think the market's indications are? what do you think the global and national (US) economy's state is? what do you think is going on politically? i'll say it again, unless trump is elected, we're still going for our scheduled recession.
>>
>>1037520

>it's not about what you don't know i'm wondering, but what about you do know. what have you read on the subject?

No, it's about you, not me. You produced your forecast, so you are gonna have to explain it to everybody.

>what do you think the market's indications are?

China indications are down, and it tries to devalue it's currency to get it's industrial production to grow faster.

Yurop tries to devalue it's currency, to get better exports.

US has strengthened it's currency, because it believes it has a strong economy. The currency strengthening ofcourse fucks over all the commodities and production, so I don't even know what the fuck is going on.

At the moment, markets as a whole shit their pants over china.

That's all I know and you probably aint any smarter, since you can't answer my questions.
>>
Morgan Stanley today announced that they believe oil may hit $20 this year. Similarly, Goldman Sachs said the exact same thing around 3 weeks ago.
>>
>>1037542
there's a fantastic book which i could tell you about but now that i think of it, i won't. fuck you. safe to say it's a proven book by a proven author who made over 100+ mil on stocks. to paraphrase one thing he said about the general market, you DO NOT need to know what the market will be doing (or allegedly doing). you need to know what the market IS doing. and what it is doing is goind DOWN (since the month you mentioned, august, not just late december).

you're the one forecasting and asking stupid questions like
>how do you know it hasn't bottomed out

yuan is worthless
USD is nearly worthless

save us trump
>>
>>1037580

>USD is nearly worthless

You are fucking retarded

>safe to say it's a proven book by a proven author who made over 100+ mil on stocks

Implying anyone makes money off those books, but only the ones selling that shit to retards like you.

>and what it is doing is goind DOWN (since the month you mentioned, august, not just late december).

And maybe it will go back up, after that shit. . It's easy to say that shit on the hindsight.

>you DO NOT need to know what the market will be doing (or allegedly doing). you need to know what the market IS doing.

How conveniently ambiguous. And yes, you will have to know, what market WILL be doing, not what it IS doing, since it might fucking turn it's nose around the minute you take your position.

>you're the one forecasting and asking stupid questions like

I just told you what the market IS doing, you fucking retard.

> and what it is doing is goind DOWN

3 times a fucking genius like you has failed to answer one simple fucking question, but amuse me once again: "How.the fuck.do.you.know. it's. going. down?" Try to get it right this time. Faggot.
>>
File: original_37366899.jpg (143KB, 1024x475px) Image search: [Google]
original_37366899.jpg
143KB, 1024x475px
>>1037580
Hurr durr I read a book by a successful banker and now I'm basically an expert on the matter
>>
>>1036276

Oh I'm so fucked it's not even funny. I got into a turbo-bear short s&p 500 maximum 9000 le stock yesterday, was up 13% and now I'm down 11%.

I'm already lubed up bois.
>>
>>1036471
Do people on biz not know how shorting works? Are you fucking retarded mate?
>>
>>1038597
Shorting is where you put your imaginary money in a magical place and then instantly go bankrupt and start a GoFundMe page, right?
>>
>>1038668
Here's your (You)
>>
>>1036952
Underrated
>>
>>1037510
Dow at 12000. Screencap this. Dubs get.
>>
>>1036242
I'd short tomorrow if I was the shorting type. Just be sure you're covered by COB Monday.
>>
>>1036305
Here's what you oilfags don't understand. Oil isn't going back up and if it does it'll do so slowly. Oil is cheap because there is a humongous glut of production right now and virtually no supply risks on the horizon. Buyers are stocking up while its cheap so the longer the glut lasts the more reserves people will have for when production slows down, deflecting any immediate price increases. Unless the Middle East collectively, literally (not figuratively, literally), bursts into flames overnight oil is going to continue dropping or stay where it is.
>>
>>1038402
not a banker. some of those predictions in the pic aren't necessarily wrong. also, yesterday i predicted the S&P500 would see a minor short term (read, 1 or 2 days) rise because of the way it behaved yesterday. opened and went down, then went back up to nearly it's original price. today was the opposite. guess what's gonna happen next.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.