[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

eBay General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5

File: feebay1.jpg (44KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
feebay1.jpg
44KB, 1024x1024px
eBay General. Are the dropping stock markets in China going to affect the /biz/raelis who import from China using Ali Baba and sell on eBay ?
>>
Openbazaar.
>>
>>1036060
>Openbazaar.
>bitcoin only

>>>/trash/
>>
>>1036060
nice meme market
>>
>>1036058
yeah i think the chinamen will raise their prices . hence why you source products locally and leave china crap for whoever wants negative feedback and high return rate
>>
>>1036058
Wth why are first class prices 3.74 now? I thought the price hikes were supposed to happen come the 17th
>>
File: 1412225892917.jpg (38KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1412225892917.jpg
38KB, 900x900px
FUCKING INDIANS

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEee
>>
>>1037722
Fucking frog head weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
I'm officially a business now, /biz/

Don't give up!

Also, what site is good for making a free logo?
>>
How long do you guys hold onto items that aren't selling? I started my eBay store by essentially selling old shit from my grandparents/parents house and stuff people were giving away for free around town.

Worked nice in the beginning while I was learning, but I acquired a bunch of random shit that I don't want or need. Since then, I've found what items work for me and sell those for the most part.

After you've reduced the prices down to the lowest possible profit margin, how long do you wait until to throw the shit away?
>>
>>1038951
On my side I never throw shit.

If you don't have a specific niche of products in your store (like electronics only, books only etc...) then let them stay listed. 0,05$ a month for a possible sale isn't that bad.

If your item you have difficulty to sell doesn't fit in your product inventory, try to sell them in garage sale, craiglist, facebook or simply trade them. If you don't have time, open another Ebay store and let them sleep here.
>>
Have you ever tried importing / selling beauty products from china on ebay?
Is it too dangerous or is the market already too big?
>>
>>1039194

You are going to get sued into oblivion after the first person gets lead poisoning from your incredibly cheap and exotic eyeliner
>>
>>1038951
As long as it takes. Usually if one venue is too cheap to buy something, it'll sell at a different one. So I've got stuff listed at eBay and eCrater and I do comic conventions. But what I've just about stopped doing is sales. Fuck cheap customers.
>>
>>1039218
thought so, but the market is craving for it ( eufag here ):
- ebay.eu/1PWX7sY
- ebay.eu/2008wNq
- ebay.eu/1mY6rE3
>>
New eBay seller here.

Should I just start auctions at $0.99?

Why do you choose to sell on eBay instead of Amazon?
>>
>>1041206
>>99cent auctions
Guaranteed way to lose money unless you're peddling crap.

>eBay over Amazon
Because Amazon doesn't do calculated shipping, fucking you with $4.99 everywhere, and the fee structure is murder for anything under $25.
>>
>>1041393

what fee does amazon charge?
>>
Should I operate as a sole proprietor or an LLC? Should I even bother paying taxes? The thing that worries me is that there is a rock solid electronic paper trail.
>>
>>1041907
this is ebay thread not amazon you derp GTFO

>>1041206
best way to make money with more views is starting at .99 cents
ignore anyone who says different they are the competition

>>1041929
pay ur taxes shithead
>>
>>1036058

when dealing with chinks whats the best way to negociate free shipping?
>>
>>1038951
Depends on what it is.

If I have way too much crap, I start recycling/donating/trashing whatever I can to get room for new inventory.

Also some states charge tax on inventory don't they?
>>
>>1041907
Amazon charges a flat 99 cents, then 15% on the item, then 10% on the shipping.

So you sell something that costs $20 and you get smacked with $4.50 in fees. That's almost 23%. People shit the bed over eBay's 13% commission.

Now, on top of this, Amazon only vouchers $5 shipping, of which they steal 50 cents in fees because reasons. The minimum price for a package with USPS commercial base is $5.32, going up to about $6 on the 17th. So it's really like Amazon is taking _another_ buck, making the take almost 28%.

Again, people shit the bed over eBay taking 13%.

So anybody that sells a product that can't go media mail for $20 or less is taking it straight up the ass on Amazon.
>>
>>1038239
a piece of paper you fucking moron
>>
>>1042638
Add to that all those suckers doing the Amazon drop-shipping gimmick and fees are now like 40% total.
>>
>>1042656
>a piece of paper you fucking moron

Okay then buuuuuuud.
>mfw USPS carrier doesn't pick up packages, and avoids Pickup Requests like half of the itme.
>mfw he keeps marking Pickup Requests as 'completed' even though he never picks anything up.

ffs
>>
>>1043324
You mean Fulfillment By Amazon (FBA)? Yeah, that was a a screw job from the start. They advertise all over the place that the flat 99- cent fee is cancelled. But then if you read the breakdown, they just charge a $1 pick-and-pack fee instead.

And then you pay to ship your stuff to their warehouse.
And then you pay rent for each month that your items are there.
And then when somebody else sends some counterfeit goods to the warehouse, they get mixed in with your legitimate goods, and _you_ take the hit when Amazon ships a fake out under your name.
And if you change your mind about FBA, you pay to have your stuff shipped back to you.

And FBA fees just went up last month I believe. So yeah unless you're selling Chinese shit that fell off an even poorer country's truck, you're in for a real eye-opener if you sell there.
>>
>Purchase a box set weeb books

>Shit never arrives after waiting two weeks

>This was in December

>Turns out seller fucked up the label

>Report through paypal and leave negative feedback

>Check on status

>Seller no longer has the negative nor have I heard shit from paypal

FUCK YOU FAGGOT AND FUCK EBAY WHY DOES THE FAGGOT NO LONGER CARRY THE NEGATIVE?

WHERES MY MONEY

Fucking bullshit
>>
>>1044473
Yea, that fba nonsense. A lot of the posters on the az board are all for it.
>>
fed up with ebay, so started my own website to sell my shit. fuck their stupid customer service shite and fuck their stupid rules. people can find me via google as i write fucking good descriptions
>>
>>1044881
well share the website man
>>
>>1044832
Anyone tell me why this happened?

Now Im forced to find time to call and speak to habib or some fucking Asian guy about this bullshit
>>
>>1038239
Download GNU/Gimp
>>
>>1044832
>WHERES MY MONEY
>WHY DOES THE FAGGOT NO LONGER CARRY THE NEGATIVE?
eBay/Paypal favors the seller over the buyer because keeping the sellers on eBay/Paypal are easier than the buyers. So when they say "We have X number of active daily users", I'd bet a good chunk of my life's wealth that over 50% of those "active daily users" are only selling things and not purchasing.
>>
>>1044473
>And then when somebody else sends some counterfeit goods to the warehouse, they get mixed in with your legitimate goods, and _you_ take the hit when Amazon ships a fake out under your name.

Can confirm, this happened to me.
>Selling my own product (private label item, no one in the world can legitimately sell this item but me).
>Someone get's China to make them a shitty clone.
>Not even close to mine in any way.
>Somehow gets it listed under my listing as alternative seller
>Sells it for less than me to steal sales.
>Start getting bad reviews and returns
>Have to go through a whole legal process to get it fixed with Amazon

>>1045377
>eBay/Paypal favors the seller over the buyer
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Confirmed for never having sold on ebay in their life.

The seller knew what they were doing and was able to get your feedback removed. They probably convinced the CSR that you were trying to extort them.
>>
>>1045369
Nah. That software is utter shit. Use Photoshop but if you want something free, use Pixlr Editor
>>
>>1045377
eBay very rarely favors the seller but I understood what you meant. However, ebays been trying to keep the buyers to continue buying by pushing those shitty eBay deals thing.
>>1045538
So what should I do to get these assholes to give him the negative again

Didn't get a chance to call on Saturday I'll try today.

There's no way they were to convince them to remove a negative from a purchase that was made a year ago

I'm fighting this shit, I've been buying and selling for almost ten years to let some shitter who just started fuck me over
>>
>>1046073
Meant to say convince ebay to remove a negative given to a transaction made a month ago and a half
>>
>>1037722
I know that feel bro

I know that feel all too well.
>>
>Bulk shipping tool indicates $3.65 for 1-3 oz instead of $2.60.
>Have to click 4oz or above and then back down to get correct price or will be overcharged.

what the FUCK eBay?!
>>
Why do people bid on local pickup ads when they live on the other side of the country?
>>
>>1048488
Because they can't read.
>>
>tfw January sales slump

Why isn't it November again
>>
>>1048678
He he. Jan use to be nearly as good as Dec.
>>
>>1037722
It's not really Indians now so much as Filipinos.
>>
>>1045538
Needed to set co-mingling off. Anyone doing FBA should know about that. Even the big shots don't co-mingle.
>>
>>1044832
Why didn't you file an Item Not Received case?
>>
>>1050011
Co-mingling was off. No idea how they got their inventory with mine. Guessing someone at the warehouse dropped the ball. I also got the person banned from Amazon for selling counterfeit items.
>>
>>1050019
Cool, yeah I've heard nothing but horror stories about comingling. Also turn off that other bullshit one that lets Amazons best and brightest stock workers determine whether a returned item is still in new condition. Are you in any Facebook groups for reselling?
>>
Didn't realize the shipping was going up.

USPS just likes sticking the hot poker up my asshole.
>>
File: 1322086004785.png (2KB, 265x455px) Image search: [Google]
1322086004785.png
2KB, 265x455px
>tfw still have 11 First Class packages missing from internal theft.
>tfw buyers don't contact you first, and just file INR.

shit FUCKING SUCKS.
>>
File: 1355470203439.jpg (571KB, 456x628px) Image search: [Google]
1355470203439.jpg
571KB, 456x628px
>Make investment.
>Move money from one bank account to another.
>Bank account site transactions are frozen and not current.
>Transfer says completed, but hasn't actually posted.
>Did the same thing twice because I thought I had forgotten the first time.

REEEEEEEEEEEeeeeEEEE

FUCKING BANKS

REEEEEeeeeEEEEEEEE
>>
>>1050122
Use a fulfillment center then.
>>
how expensive is shipping to the US on alibaba? i normally buy my shit from nearby auctions and government surplus sale but i've been thinking about importing some stuff recently. can anyone give me some example prices? i was thinking of starting off buying like 15 - 20 vapes or some other small item.

i also read you can negotiate with these chinks, anyone have any advice? how much should i expect to talk them down on an item that i'm only buying 10 or 20 of?
>>
>>1050011
Amazon themselves screw up with having so many different sellers inventories. I ordered a new from Amazon item and they sent me someone's used one.

They are also getting sloppy on packaging, like cramming stuff in boxes that are too small. I know someone that ordered textbooks twice and they came all bent and beat up, new and from Amazon.

They are just getting too big for their own good.
>>
File: 1452857223696.jpg (225KB, 481x680px) Image search: [Google]
1452857223696.jpg
225KB, 481x680px
What's the least rating/rep/start/whatever do you have to have to sell most of the stuff you put on sale?
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.