[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bitcoin Reselling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: bitcoin-logo-3d.jpg (588KB, 1232x1232px) Image search: [Google]
bitcoin-logo-3d.jpg
588KB, 1232x1232px
Hello!

I want to start buying bitcoins from an exchange (like Coinbase or Kraken) and sell them locally (via bank transfer or cash) at a premium.

What is the legality of that?

I am located in Europe.

I have noticed that some resellers (for example on localbitcoins.com) do require ID in order to proceed with the process.

Is this happening so that they can protect themselves in case their customers are involved in illegal activities (e.g. money laundering or drug sale) ?

What planning do I need to do? I don't know where to start.
>>
Little known open secret in the bitcoin world:

Satoshi Nakamoto is Nick Szabo.

He blogs at unenumerated blogspot and has a larger collection of more detailed essays available at:

http://szabo.best.vwh.net/index.html

The man is truly a genius and polymath. If you really want to understand money and cryptography on a deeper level i suggest reading his papers.

Just dont tell any journalists. We dont want them poking their noses in.
>>
>>1035908

Regardless of legality, you have to consider- the people that will buy bitcoins with cash, are using them to buy large amounts of drugs online, so they can sell those drugs to distributors- 'dealers'

You might not go to jail, but you might get shot and thrown in a ditch
>>
>>1035969
I'm really surprised that journalists haven't been able to figure that out yet. It's so fucking obvious. Welp, they're all just English majors with nothing between their ears. What can ya expect
>>
>>1035975
Journalists are total fags. They ring me from time to time to ask me about bitcoin and crypto and i just repeat back to them whatever total crap I've read in the papers about btc.

Newspapers are all owned and centrally controlled by the same set of oligarchs that crypto is going to destruct and their journalists are merely their lackeys.

Never trust journalists.
>>
>>1035908

its done to prevent money laundering. most places,even in these tax haven paradises as they call them, still have to comply with a handful of basic KYC.

also, adding KYC and compliance to this things keeps away the assholes nobody wants to deal with in the business.

what you are trying to do is possible, but is it a good idea now? i mean, unless you're planning to scam people for a HUGE profit margin, and hope they dont find out you scammed them, and go after your ass...
>>
>>1036953
>Implying high margins are viable
Lots of people are too stupid realize
Lots of people are too lazy to care
Lots of people are so trained to consume that they insist on paying premium markups.

"Our end to end security and compliance provides you very best white glove crypto currency services that are totally worth a 17% markup!"
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.