[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How are you preparing for the impending crash of the housing bubbles?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: Average%20New%20Home%20Price.jpg (84KB, 980x591px) Image search: [Google]
Average%20New%20Home%20Price.jpg
84KB, 980x591px
How are you preparing for the impending crash of the housing bubbles?
>>
bump for interest
>>
>>1035641
bumop
>>
>>1035641
When is it coming down though?
>>
>>1035641
Gonna pick up a rental property on the cheap. I'm actually very excited for every thing to fall. Life is all about timing.
>>
I am growing my Cash Position.

So when the Derivative burst and everyone loses their ass in property I can buy everything up at rock bottom prices.
>>
>>1035641
prices have gone up less than 50%... bubbles are usually 1000%
>>
This isn't a bubble. This is just a price hike.
>>
>>1035718
Prices are as high as they were before the subprime crash
>>
This is from another thread, but I feel like it can be copypasta for any thread talking about our worldwide "bubble situation"

>>there is a car loan bubble

>>there is another mortgage bubble

>>there is a bubble in sovereign debt around the world (lol $1.3 Trillion is a budget?)

>>the stock market is in a bubble

>>financial instruments and institutions are in a bubble

>>This bubble is not localized but worldwide

>>And you are wondering what stocks to short?

>>Kid where we're going we won't need any "stocks"

Somebody photoshop this text onto a photo of doc brown please
>>
>>1035724

a loan bubble is not necessarily accompanied by high prices. also a loan crisis doesn't necessarily have to be triggered by loans rolling over to a higher rate

The real question is is there enough working people out there to continue paying these loans, the answer which we are all going to find out is no
>>
>>1035724
Because 8 years of inflation have hit. We're never going to crash again until you and I give up and buy in.
>>
>>1035741
Inflation rate is 15%?
>>
The only people buying houses are investors who can afford them. Properties only stay on the market for a few days, if that. Big, small, expensive, cheap - you name it, they will buy it. 'They' being rich people from the West Coast who find our housing prices laughably low.

This isn't a bubble. The 'small folk' no longer have mortgages. They rent exclusively and with high competition. You have to call on a listing ASAP.

The average person will soon have little choice but to pay rent to their noble landowners.

Source: family member is property manager for major investors in DFW (one of, if not the, fastest growing housing market in the USA)
>>
>>1035750
It hasn't risen anywhere near 15% per year.
>>
>>1035771

... What are you talking about?
>>
>>1035718
so people are actually going to purchase homes that are 1 million+?
>>
>>1035641
>impending crash.
You're funny, dumbass.
>>
>>1035771
You're right but you're also wrong. Learn moar
>>
>>1035771
wtf are you on about
>>
File: housing bubble.png (172KB, 1025x672px) Image search: [Google]
housing bubble.png
172KB, 1025x672px
>>1035774
you're right, it's worse

average home price for the market in OP was:
Jan 2012: ~250k
July 2014: ~345k (higher than the peak of the bubble)

95k / 250k = 38% increase in 30 months = 15.2% per year

now look at before the bubble and its peak:

December 2004: ~290k
June 2007: 330k

40k / 290k = 13.8% increase in 30 months = 5.52% per year

and going back to 2001:

January 2001: 205k
June 2007: 330k

125k / 205k = 61% increase in 89 months = 9.5% per year

the only way i can get it even close is to do September 2002 - June 2007, which comes out to 11.2% annually
>>
File: 1406588235291.gif (449KB, 500x301px) Image search: [Google]
1406588235291.gif
449KB, 500x301px
>>1035771
You're right, but you're wrong. It's Chinese buyers trying to get their cash out of China. Look at the new owners of Denver, it's all Chinese nationals. It's easier to buy in the US because you can actually own property here, unlike China where you buy a 75 year lease or whatever it's called. These RMB cash infusions are jacking up property rates and the investors are killing it for regular people just starting out.
>>
Well.. there's always the occasional shithole like some parts of alabama (although implying all of it isn't a shithole), where you find houses that won't require that much work to fix up for 25k and less.
>>
>>1035727

ETFs are also a huge bubble.

It's also somehow acceptable for stocks to trade at 40x next years earnings.
>>
>>1035828
BUY NOW OR BE PRICED OUT FOREVER!
>>
>>1035838
This is an attractive meme but it's not supported by the data.
>>
>>1035771
Fuck, this is terrifying and keeps me up at night, the thought that 0.1%ers will literally monopolize all the land and force us to rent from them.
>>
>>1036431
Literally what a government is. The fact that you lose your single family house if you don't pay taxes is absurd, you paid it in full. If they really needed your money they could move the payments to a higher income tax or any other payment form, but they choose to keep it so you'll never, ever fully own your home.
>>
>>1036431
It's a return to serfdom.

Oh wait, the serfs had it better. They paid their keep and had the rest of their time for themselves.

We, on the other hand, can work 40+ hours at their companies and spent a portion of the paycheck they give us to live in their houses.
>>
>>1035687
this.

I noticed in my region a lot of multi-million dollar out of state corporations were buying properties and renting them out.

I wouldn't be surprised if in 20-30 years after the bubble bursting extreme regulation comes in to essentially muscle out the little, honest landlords.
>>
>>1036445

that is not how serfdom worked.

serfs would work the field for their feudal lord for 4 days a week, they would work another plot of land for 2 days a week so they could farm what they needed to sustain themselves and they spent the last day resting/praying.

serfs didn't work for wages, serfs could provide for themselves and didn't really need to go out and buy shit to sustain themselves.

Capitalism is a new form of the economy, not something that has gone on forever. Previous economies were not run the same as they are run today.

We get two days off each week (and don't need to dedicate one to God), we don't need to work our balls off in the field, and we can just go to the store and buy shit that is seriously under priced because it is primarily built with labor that makes shit and lives in shit on the other side of the world.

Being poor sucks, it will always, suck, but feudalism is a very different mode of production than capitalism.
>>
>>1036455

Homes are too expensive because a few people own all the property, but the government is going to make life bad for the "middle-class" through regulation.

kek.
>>
>>1035641
>>1035687
>>1035694
Same here, cashing up waiting for market to crash.
It's funny because (at least in LA/OC area) real estate agents have been cooperating in forcedly driving up prizes on properties worth close to nothing. Absurd homes falling apart bought for 170-200k 4 years ago now are around 800k. All of this happens because of both chinese "investors" recycling their "government bonus" and happy american fuckers trying to make money out of it. Now china is in recession, no more cash (PRC law clearly states no more than 50k can be moved out of china per year..yeah sure)
>>
File: image.jpg (96KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96KB, 640x427px
>>1035641
I moved to Alaska forex trade built my own house live for next to nothing if economy collapses I have rocket mass heater that produces enough electricity for a day and 6 hours of gaming during cold winters ;) got guns for hunting only so I'm set bro bring it ;)
>>
>>1035812
Yep. Welcome to Sydney, Australia.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.