[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is IG a trusted forex platform to use

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: tuff are ya kid.png (966KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
tuff are ya kid.png
966KB, 1366x768px
After signing up they require 'proof of identity'

[ http://www.ig.com/au/proof-of-identity ]

does this seem shady, they only require a scanned photo of your drivers licence, even a 16 year old retard can buy a fake id.

why would I even need to provide proof of who I am.

this seems incredibly dodgy, can anyone vouch for IG
>>
Both forex brokers I've used in the US (FXCM and Oanda) have required me to provide proof of my identity. I just sent them a pic of my passport.
>>
>>1034934
IG is one of the biggest
>>
cause consumer protection laws
>>
>>1034934

No wonder 99% of forex traders lose.
Look at this guy can't even figure out why they need an I and doesn't even know IG
>>
File: scaredarmin.jpg (112KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
scaredarmin.jpg
112KB, 1600x900px
>>1036503
>another thing about coins is that I dont understand the
>>1036639
>>1036641
>>1036723

While I was sleeping during the day they tried to call me and sent me an email [i think i heard the phone ringing but was sleeping]

im fuckin scared, i told them in email that it was a mistake signing up with a real account and i actually wanted to make a demo account and that they should delete my account.

am i fucked
>>
>>1034934
wanting to confirm your identity seems shady???

its the other way around... if they were some dodgy offshore place that didn't care who you were then that would be dodgy

yes IG is an established firm, they've been in the business for years...

however like >>1036503
(FXCM and Oanda) they're not actually brokers... they just take the other side of your trade

You're likely better off with interactive brokers, LMAX or FX Futures on the CME
>>
>>1036734
Why are you scared? They merely phone you to try to get noobz like you to deposit more than they can afford and lose it all in a couple weeks.

You think you can just sign up, watch the squiggly line and make money? No. IG index feeds off noobs like you thats how they make money.
>>
>>1036739
i was just considering using it as a better gambling alternative since its basically the same thing [forex]

-every week play with 100 dollars
-make some, lose some, have fun
-better than buying retarded lotto tickets

ez katka
>>
>>1034934

IG is like the 4th largest forex provider in the world.

>>1036734

Just ring them up, say delete my account today or I'll call the SEC and say you're illegally trading on my behalf. that will scare the shit right out of them.

>>1036745

You see, >>1036739 is right. The main reason FX brokers ring retail traders is to make them feel like legit forex professionals, and encourage them to put more bread on the table.

When some big bank in CT or NY makes a forex trade, they might buy $100,000,000 AUD.

What then happens is they find a bunch (i.e., a shitload) of retail FX traders selling $100, 200 of AUD and use all those tiny traders to fill the order of the big guy. And the same when its time to reverse it.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.