[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Someone give me a single reason buttcoins have any value in the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: 1449915371205.jpg (53KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1449915371205.jpg
53KB, 500x500px
Someone give me a single reason buttcoins have any value in the real world, the way i see it, its something, someone forced into existence out of nowhere, and gave a fictional value.

A single reason please
>>
Why does gold, silver and paper money have value ?
>>
>>1034870
>Why does gold, silver and paper money have value ?

The first 2 are used for construction and the last one is backed by the biggest governments in the world with armies.

>>1034867
OP the value of bitcoin is illegal transactions. That's all it's good for. Semi-anonymous way to buy/sell/receive payment for shit.
>>
>>1034870
paper money has value because it's linked to gold reserves. gold has value because it is hard to get. bitcoin i guess because they need to be mined which involves work. but any currency is really valuable as a function of user demand.
>>
>>1034883
>but any currency is really valuable as a function of user demand.

But realistically the value is what you can buy with it.

I cannot buy anything with gold - it is not very useful as a currency.

I cannot buy much except for drugs and contraband with bitcoin - it is not very useful as a currency
>>
>>1034884
Dude, you can literally buy anything with bitcoins. Just google it. Its not 2012 anymore.
>>
>>1034867
Same way as magnets you juggalo fuck
>>
It is the only currency for the black market of the modern day.
>>
>>1034891
I can't buy my groceries, make any sort of real life payments with it.

And even if I could why would I use it over USD? Crazy fluctuations mean that the $50 I spent yesterday could be $35 tomorrow or $115. No consumer protection and pain in the ass to buy. It makes no sense.
>>
File: 1450904224740.gif (2MB, 209x213px) Image search: [Google]
1450904224740.gif
2MB, 209x213px
>>1034883
Paper money has value because of taxes. People cant opt out of the monetary system because they have to pay taxes in US dollars. Not gold, silver, or bitcoins.

Not because of gold reserves.
>>
Its the biggest financial and techno-philosophical innovation since the discovery that gold was shiny. And all you faggots can do is sit around and complain about it.

>muh groceries.

Youre like someone back in 1200ad complaining that no ones gonna want to put these newfangled magnetic compasses on ships when they can just look at the moon to see where they are.
>>
supply and demand
>>
>>1034870
the sole reason why money has any value is trust. People trust that they can buy bread with their $ so they use it. If nobody trusted money, it would have no value other than paper.

But buttcoins, I don't think that those have any trust when they have 10% swings, in either direction, every other day
>>
>>1034942
You're so retarded I dont even know how you're breathing
>>
File: 1417376926605.png (249KB, 704x400px) Image search: [Google]
1417376926605.png
249KB, 704x400px
>>1034949
great argument faggot, you sure showed me with those hot opinions of yours :^)

Is that all buttcoins fags have to offer?
>>
>>1034867
bitcoins have value because some large e-commerce and illegal websites operate with it as a form of payment. With this, you have investors who believe that the form of payment will only grow to larger sites in the future, and it's such a demand that it props up the value of the coin.

With this happening, along with the constant shilling of it in media and tv, the demand of the coin rises. Anyone that disagrees with this is full of shit, because the price of bitcoin rose from $30 before CNN picked it up to around $1000 months later. Once one large media platform picks it up, the entire ecosystem picks it up as-well. People trade on news. Remember that.
>>
>>1034952
>sole reason why money has value is trust

No. This is a wrong statement.

Read this essay by someone who actually knows what money is:

http://szabo.best.vwh.net/shell.html
>>
>>1034905
>techno blah blah blah

You left out the fact that magnetic compasses have proven utility. Trusted because they have a proven and consistent value. Your fictional 'look mommy I'm rich' kiddie currency does not have widespread utility or consistent value. It has just as much a chance of going to $1,000 per tomorrow as it does going to $0. Only an idiot would buy into that.
>>
>>1034970
>"Magnets how do they work?" the post
>>
>>1034971
The the literal equivalent of bouncing your face off your keyboard and hitting post. Congrats
>>
>>1034982
What a pathetic comeback you faygo drinking juggalo fuckwit
>>
>>1034982

He seems angry, doesn't he?
>>
>>1035020

Have juggalos hurt you in some way? Just curious.
>>
>>1035038
Juggalo detected
>>
>>1035046

You seem upset.
>>
>>1035054
Not really buddy, im experiencing the grandiose euphoria of a manic episode. Im bulletproof right now.
>>
>>1034867

It's only good for doing illegal stuff because it's very difficult for the government to track big bitcoins transactions.

Some years ago you could have bought bitcoins for speculations too. But now the bitcoins bubble is over. So currently only people who got stuck at a high buy price or people who want to do illegal transaction have bitcoins.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.