[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Encouraging Innovation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: innovation.jpg (381KB, 1000x925px) Image search: [Google]
innovation.jpg
381KB, 1000x925px
If you had 1 billion dollars to spend to increase innovation in your country what would you do?
With automation just around the corner western countries are going to have to innovate or die.
>>
>>1032714
Self bumping

>build industrial park close to a major city with good universities
>build basic housing around said industrial park
>offer free housing,utilities,food and small weekly income to any graduates or phd students who want to start a business or research project
>make money back by taking 10% stake in any business founded

i.e. give people a free ride if they are ambitious and driven enough to take a risk and start a new innovative business
>>
>>1032714
>Bribe congress to legalize prostitution.
>Now we're guaranteed at least 50% employment.
>>
>>1032740
The only innovation coming to prostitution/sex industry is sex robots
>>
>>1032714
offer subventions to people that decide to study subjects that are currently in demand or there is a lack of. this could encompass free education, free housing, a monthly minimum paycheck to concentrate on your field of study. no necessity to apply for it only thing that you have to do is to enroll into a field that is currently subvented by the government, with each progress you achieve you get a better subvention. one may start with free education, then free housing, a payed obligatory internship, and eventually a monthly paycheck that will allow you to finish your studies without necessity to find a job.
>>
>>1032762
also those university degrees that are not in demand, should be priced accordingly. if you are settled for life because of your trustfund then you may study gender-studies, but you will also pay a higher fee than someone who is studying something that does have a more purposeful function in the economy.
>>
1. Legalize all drugs
2. Completely bankrupt all illegal cartels and terrorist organizations in the middle east heroin trade.
3.establish trade with cartels in Mexico and middle east which will dramatically reduce drug prices for consumer use in the United States (which will lead to extra revenue from the taxes).
4. Crime will be reduced to nothing, every dealer will have to seek real employment.
5.use the money from the taxes to fund education programs here in the United States to ensure innovation for future generations.
6.audit the federal reserve and indict all members on accounts of corruption, abolish interest on all loans and only charge a flat percentage fee on every loan ever made to reduce poverty.
>>
>>1032775
>abolish interest rates on loans

Cracking plan boss
>>
>>1032719
My idea I had was similar to this but probably costs less to makes.

I would build a tech business hub where companies could register their business/LLC and use the tools available to them in the hub.

Any business would be able to use the hub as long as it is registered. It would be free until the company reaches a certain amount of revenue (which would be outlined in the agreement). Afterwards, I would take 1-3% equity of the company to pay for the tech hub.

Businesses would have access to starter tools such as:
>accountants
>meeting rooms
>computers
>lawyers
>databases and research
>grants for progressing companies
>designers
>web and app developer
>small cafeteria where they pay for food
>mentorship
>marketing
>other administrative needs

It's pretty much an incubator
>>
File: image.jpg (33KB, 396x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33KB, 396x600px
>>1032775
>abolish interest on all loans and only charge a flat percentage fee on every loan ever made to reduce poverty

Jesus Christ
>>
>>1032714
Use all of it lobbying Congress to abolish patents. Despite what the straw man arguments in patents' favor say, they always always always hurt innovation. Whether it's the internal combustion engine, the airplane, the transistor, the 3D printer, or any major innovation, it's always delayed from entering public service by 20 years because of patents. 3D printers are technology from the 1980's that we're only now becoming able to use the shitty versions of because the patents are expiring.

>b-but patents protect the little guy!
They never have and they never will. Hiring a patent attorney costs approximately $100k. Then when you go to actually defend you patent against a big business, it's the one lawyer you could afford versus their crack team of 100 expert patent attorneys. They will either find a way to invalidate your patent or countersue you with one of their patents from their vast stockpile of tens of thousands of patents.

Not only that, but companies manage to patent completely obvious things that shouldn't even be patentable. Biotech companies have been patenting the human genome. Bank of America is patenting Bitcoin. Patent trolls are patenting stupid bullshit like "method interacting with a computer."

It's time to end the patent farce.
>>
Get one billion blow jobs @ $1.
>>
File: 1452170788470.jpg (100KB, 785x762px) Image search: [Google]
1452170788470.jpg
100KB, 785x762px
>>1032845
>>1033855
>muh usury

>>1033884
Your dick would fall off.
>>
>>1033881
So how do I get rich as an inventor if anyone can just copy my work?

The headstart I have doesn't really mean much if the company which rips me off has an established user base.

Genuinely asking btw. I just don't see how removing patents would spur innovation if you decrease the incentive.
>>
>>1032775
>1. Legalize all drugs
Even crack, crocodil, meth, bath salts, etc? Ouch.

>2. Completely bankrupt all illegal cartels and terrorist organizations in the middle east heroin trade.
>3.establish trade with cartels in Mexico and middle east which will dramatically reduce drug prices for consumer use in the United States (which will lead to extra revenue from the taxes).

Now they'll be forced to generate cash by sex slavery, extortion, kidnapping, piracy, weapons-running, robbery, etc.

>4. Crime will be reduced to nothing, every dealer will have to seek real employment.
No. Crooks will still be crooks and find some other illegal way to take money.

>5.use the money from the taxes to fund education programs here in the United States to ensure innovation for future generations.

Hah. The US spends the most per student in the world yet the quality of education is ranked as mediocre.

>6.audit the federal reserve and indict all members on accounts of corruption, abolish interest on all loans and only charge a flat percentage fee on every loan ever made to reduce poverty.

Who do you think owns the government?
>>
>>1033893
They provide no protection to the little guy now and removing them wouldn't change that.

Patents are hurting innovation because we have many important technologies which are locked away for 20 years (usually much more because of patent thickets). Now the focus becomes on not getting sued, rather than innovating, simply because there are so many patents on so many seemingly obvious things. In effect, parents are just a tool to be abused, whether it's by patent trolls looking to scam a few businesses or large corporations looking to suppress competition.
>>
>>1033897
I get your assertion.

So then what do you propose as a solution or are you saying just let the market do whatever?
>>
>>1033955
Patents hurt much more than they help: we don't need anything to replace them.

In theory, it would be nice to have protections for small-time inventors, but so far there are no workable solutions.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.