[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

fucking retards

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7

File: 1441908374872.jpg (22KB, 408x352px) Image search: [Google]
1441908374872.jpg
22KB, 408x352px
can huffington post be any more fucking stupid

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/monica-leftwich/100k-student-loans_b_7968752.html

>gets TWO masters degrees in dumb fuck communications and intersectional feminist dance therapy
>single mom with two kids
>six figure debt
>refinances for a TWENTY-FIVE YEAR repayment plan
>doesn't care or give it any consideration since the payments are taken right out of her paycheck

these are the people who say that it's impossible for the average american to make a living. they do dumb fuck shit like this, make stupid decisions based on ignorance, admit they're ignorant but just dont fucking care and will continue to do dumb shit, and then ultimately blame someone else for their problems

I can't fucking believe this piece of shit got published. You know 22 year old "millennial" retards everywhere are gunna be reposting the shit out of this.

holy shit fuck the huffington post.
>>
>two masters degrees
>still writes like shit
>>
Ok i just finished reading this. Pretty sure i have cancer now.

>i fell for the education meme TWICE
>muh new toys i need new toys
>debt is so terrible ill just stop caring
>readers, you too shouldn't give a fuck about being financially stable
>my credit is only above 700 because of a government backed loan that i cant default on, so ill just pack on more debt

I expected a Bernie Sanders 2016 plug at the end tbqh
>>
>>1032664

> the huffingpost is utter shit
agreed

> this woman made bad choices
agreed

BUT. My thing is this: Universities need to stop fucking offering degrees that have zero career potential. It would be like doctors offering sugar pills and saying they cure a disease. its fucking dishonest and theivery of the university system to be convincing young people to get degrees without a profitable future to them.

So while I do agree OP, I think the current USA university model needs drastic changes.
>>
>>1032664
I couldnt finish it. How the fuck do you not make money with a masters in marketing? Everyone i know with marketing degrees makes 80k plus. One makes north of 500k but she has been doin it for 15-20 years. Dumb bitch.
>>
>>1032708

Anon, if someone walked up to you, and said 'hey I'll give you 40,000$ a year for 4 years for that rock' would you tell them no?

The universitys are not to blame, the students are.

The problem is that we have all these 100IQ, 90IQ, people going to college- it's absurd.

We need people to flip mcdoubles, and these people should know that they were born to be mcdouble flippers, not go to school and waste all their time and money.
>>
PISSES ME THE FUCK OFF

>Mfw getting downvoted on reddit when I make a comment telling them that English/Liberal arts/communications/art is not a really good choice

I remember why I don't go on that shitty website that is literally Bernie Sanders: the site.

I don't understand how people can major in things without researching their major, the requirements of jobs they want and average salary/employment stats.

>Hurr durr I'm just gonna pick this one thing to major in and sink $50k and 4 years into
>Opps it didn't work out I'll just do the exact same thing again and hope it works this time!
>>
How can we profit off this massive student debt? Invest in bullets & whatever pills college girls like?
>>
>>1032790
Literally move to Puerto Rico or some other part of the world because we'll be getting raped on taxes.
>>
>>1032664
I've gotten to the point where I trust black people with bachelors degrees more. Masters students were just too undesirable to get a job and decided to do more school in hopes of raising their value. They just off the job hunt for 2 years and got a pat on the back for being a nigger who could read and sit still for more than 30 minutes at a time.

And just think shaquanita here has already produced more offspring than everyone in this thread combined
>>
>>1032807

Yeah, that is a scary thought. I work 80 hours/week, so I don't have the time for kids right now.

also, with my wealth, I'm a target for child support/alimony rape

As a result, I have 0 kids.

Now Billy Bob, with no assets, and no job, has all the free time, and no risk- so he has 12 kids.

It's a scary fucking thought about what the world will look like soon
>>
>>1032807
>>1032811
Yeah it's fucked to think about.

Same with teachers teaching the new generations. They were the stupidest people in their fields, everyone else went on to work at big companies doing important things while they went to teach jimmy how to count.
>>
>>1032816
I was lucky enough to have teachers that were retired from succesful careers and just wanted to give some knowledge back.
>>
>>1032664
>huffpo
archive or no click
>>
>>1032713
>The universitys are not to blame, the students are.
i think universities should have to tell people salary and hiring expectations when they enroll them
>>
>>1034042
Can't students check that themselves?

You'd think that would be the first thing to do for the "brightest minds".
>>
>>1032713

Universities were not meant to be businesses and students weren't meant to be consumers.

If you claim to offer valuable knowledge, which in fact turns out to be worthless, then you ought to be considered a fraud.
>>
>>1034108

If they're college students, so smart, why not do some research before you blow all the money?

The college DOES teach valuable lesson to these people- THINK BEFORE YOU INVEST!
>>
>>1034111

Why are you so opposed to the idea of holding snake oil salesmen responsible for fraudulent claims?

You'd think 4chan of all places would eat up the idea of cutting the head right off the SJW mill instead of going after symptoms.
>>
>>1034112

Because I sell snake oil myself, diffrent oil, same shit and I EARN my money

The fool and his money are soon parted, so why not have that money go somewhere nice and safe, like dividend earning stocks, instead of into some stupid college kid's weed pipe?
>>
>>1032664
Give archive links retard https://archive.is/YnL6o

Giving them clicks encourages more articles of this nature, which means giving them incentive to glamorize this idiocy.
>>
>>1032664
>The second thing I did was budget like the rent is due everyday! Life is not about me anymore; it's about providing better for my daughters.
, so in other words she never budgeted.
hhahahahha
her twitter pisses me off.
https://twitter.com/moleftwich
>Plan a second date and get all hyped about it then tell him you're too busy and lazy to date a few days later #WasteHisTime2016
what a bitch.
http://www.monicaleftwich.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/MONICA-LEFTWICH-WRITING-RESUME.pdf
her resume. She choose to be a writer, as far as I can tell. Everyone knows that is a low paying gig.
>>
File: IMG_20140419_213635.jpg (160KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20140419_213635.jpg
160KB, 960x1280px
>>1034128
picuture didn't go through.
This is her
>I'm here for the job interview
>>
File: test2d.jpg (67KB, 315x723px) Image search: [Google]
test2d.jpg
67KB, 315x723px
>>1034131
her twitter picture.
One of these is shopped, or fake, guess which one.
>>
>>1034131
idk she looks fairly presentable, there are people at my work who look just like her, though shorter hair, and they're pretty hard workers and good people.

probably her mannerisms will give it away though.
>>
>>1034134
dreads are trash bro.
>>
File: t4_qZl95.jpg (84KB, 761x761px) Image search: [Google]
t4_qZl95.jpg
84KB, 761x761px
>>1032664
Very good news, everyone should be able to get the education they desire. Of course all these student loans will be able to be paid back. If you are in bank stocks just hold long and strong. This is good for the economy, long term.

t. shlomo shekelstein
>>
>>1034128
Holy fuck her resume looks stupid
>>
>>1032713
Why is "everything" supposed to be uni degrees. What's wrong with having the same course but in like some college or something?

Just because you decide to learn italian is not the same thing as you're gonna be a uni professor in it or something.

>>1032713
>muh IQ
Try again, /polio/.

>>1034108
Then there's education and then there's Bildung.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bildung

Carl Sagan quipped that he got a humanist degree in "nothing". But on the other hand, he has praised his time when he could read and discuss the old philosophers. And this broad education did not only made him a better scientist, but also a better communicator.

True, if you are going to put some men on the Moon within a decade, it would be a waste of resources if every engineer should have 1-2 years of humanities in the university. NASA needed STEM, and that's what education is for.

So universities can't really get rid of Bildung. What they should be honest is that this and that course may not pay off monetary, but if you're really interested in cunieform, go for it. They should also be honest that Bildung also exists outside of universities and should simply not try to encompass everything.
>>
>>1034142
>stormfag
Fuck off!
>>
>>1034149
buy buy buy
loan loan loan
what could go wrong?
>>
File: 1389230803736.jpg (33KB, 338x310px) Image search: [Google]
1389230803736.jpg
33KB, 338x310px
>here I am hoping to [...] nail a generous sugar daddy
the only public policy that needs to be enacted is that any man who allows this should be put in a labor camp
>>
>>1034112
>Why are you so opposed to the idea of holding snake oil salesmen responsible for fraudulent claims?

Because it can't be done.

If Universities all of a sudden came out and said "Women's studies degrees will earn you close to no money outside of academia and thus we are severely cutting back on our offering of them/removing the option entirely" then Feminists would go crazy and blame the patriarchy of stifling Feminist speech.

So the Universities just say "Ah fuck it, let em win this battle but we'll win the battle of taking their parents' hardearned money".
>>
>>1032664
Huffington post is the same company as Buzzfeed, so you know
>>
>>1034206
>If Universities all of a sudden came out and said "Women's studies degrees will earn you close to no money outside of academia and thus we are severely cutting back on our offering of them/removing the option entirely" then Feminists would go crazy and blame the patriarchy of stifling Feminist speech.

And then? What exactly?

Just because you're surrounded by irrational and stupid people doesn't entitle you to defraud them, even if they literally demand it.
>>
>>1032816

To be honest, I want to go into teaching secondary mathematics and science because I realise how broken the system is at the higher education level and I want to get students into the right positions in life and simply not tell them "go to university because (we) your teachers told you to"
>>
>>1034206
>Cherrypicks one degree and strawmans an argument.

Hey /r9k/.

The university system as a whole is pretty corrupt desu. Feminists aren't to blame and I'm not entirely sure how you came to that conclusion.

Free college wouldn't be the end of the US as we know it. In fact, it would probably end up being fairly cheap (compared to what it's at now) as the university system wouldn't be able to justify tuition hikes every semester because they know that subsidized loans will pay for it. A public university system run by the government in much the same way that the k-12 school system is would be ideal IMO. However, it would be sure to have its own drawbacks.
>>
>>1034315
>Free college wouldn't be the end of the US as we know it.

No such thing as free. Do you think the buildings erect themselves out of the ground on their own and the faculty just works as volunteers?
Paying for social science degrees and ancient African history degrees would be fucking retarded. *MAYBE* subsidizing some actually useless majors more would be productive though.

>Feminists aren't to blame and I'm not entirely sure how you came to that conclusion.

They are a significant portion though. Women and blacks get pushed into "male-dominated fields" in the name of "diversity" and they get all kinds of shit pandered to them. Not once have I seen "Women in tech/whatever field" and emails specifically recruiting female computer science majors/engineers/etc.

Besides it was just an example(although an accurate one). If the Universities truly did put up notices or reduce funding because they explained that Women's Studies is more or less useless and no jobs hire these majors and you will not make any money Tumblr would go crazy because of the oppression. You know it's true - They've gone crazier over much lesser things let alone taking away their literal safespace.

>Free college wouldn't be the end of the US as we know it. In fact, it would probably end up being fairly cheap (compared to what it's at now) as the university system wouldn't be able to justify tuition hikes every semester because they know that subsidized loans will pay for it. A public university system run by the government in much the same way that the k-12 school system is would be ideal IMO

>OMG everyone has a degree nowadays it's so fucking useless i can't find a job!!!111one

>Why don't we just make it free so that everyone can get a degree?

Lol. Yeah I'd really love for everyone to be able to study memes on le taxpayer's dime.

Refer to any country with such high university completion rates: They all have jokes in their languages that "Even janitors need a 4 year degree here".
>>
>>1034329
>Not once have I seen "Women in tech/whatever field" and emails specifically recruiting female computer science majors/engineers/etc.

Fuck I mean *MORE THAN ONCE*
>>
File: meh.ro5207.jpg (43KB, 366x380px) Image search: [Google]
meh.ro5207.jpg
43KB, 366x380px
>When I became a single mom
Well there's yer problem right there.
>>
>>1034128
Wait her resume looks dumb but does is say she got an MBA from University of Maryland at the bottom?

Why it's completely hidden I have no idea but should be worth something no?

If she just combined most of her experience together, like one job working as a professional technical writer with 7 years of experience or whatever it was, strongly emphasized her education and apparent MBA(?) with business, and perhaps fluffed up another job or so from somewhere, she might have a chance, no?
>>
File: healthy294_n.jpg (70KB, 617x640px) Image search: [Google]
healthy294_n.jpg
70KB, 617x640px
>>1034329
>Free college
the thing is, the college funding system works fine. If you are at all smart, a combination of loans and scholarships will more then cover you for 90% of schools.
If anything we just need to fix the k-12 system. That is the part that needs more funding and smaller classes. k-12 is the time when you are supposed to figure out if your college material. If you do well in high school and had good guidance, you will get a 4 year degree with little debt and job prospects. The LAST THING WE NEED is more people in college. We need better high schools. Colleges are fine, but their quality is being dragged down by people getting high school degrees who do not deserve them.
>>1034363
to be fair, that is her "writing resume", no doubt made to emphasize her writing experience. Why does she have a MBA anyways? I bet she just wasn't willing to take a scrub job, and thought MBA=C level exe job without any experience, and when it didn't, decided, " fuck it, free lance writing sounds easy." I don't know what she was thinking getting a MBA with a kid though, MBA jobs are long hours
>>
>>1034418
>the thing is, the college funding system works fine. If you are at all smart, a combination of loans and scholarships will more then cover you for 90% of schools.

This desu.

I don't know why people keep fucking bitching about Muh student loan debt.

Average student loan debt is $30k in the US. That is fucking nothing if you major in something non-retarded. Easily affordable if you work summers, get grants/scholarships and good major.

Agreed about the k-12 thing, it's a joke that doesn't prepare you for the real world, kind of funny how the other poster I was replying to said he wants a system that like for college...
>>
>>1032664
There is no 'm' in 'Seinfeld' where did the 'm' come from
>>
>>1034424
>k-12 thing, it's a joke that doesn't prepare you for the real world

How is that different from college?
>>
>>1034424
Actually if the white trash, niggers, and illegals would just pay attention and learn shit in high school instead of going out every night and gettin turnt and creating armies of baby mama's then college is fucking easy to get paid for

Especially for fuckin niggers man. Think of all the minority only scholarships out there AND government assistance for minorities. There is absolutely NO reason for minority groups to not go to college other than laziness.

Also that whole can't afford college argument is horse shit. Anyone can afford college. All you have to do is apply for student loans through the University they hand em out like goddamn candy.

>bu wut if I can't ruhpay

Major in engineering or something useful you stupid fuck
>>
>>1034042

EXACTLY.

Here's my plan: Prior to declaring a college major, a student must shadow someone in the field for one work week, AND attend a one hour seminar that shows the career options for their major and how much they could make.

I do think the University system has some responsibility here. They are not on the level of doctors, but we as a society trust them to train young people to do things that will contribute and better their society.
>>
>>1034424
It's not a 30k cost for the average US student, it's a 30k debt. As in, after the money from working in highschool and college. Still doable though
>>
>>1034542
>It's not a 30k cost for the average US student, it's a 30k debt. As in, after the money from working in highschool and college. Still doable though

Considering most students do not work during school, summers or particularly hard during highschool I doubt it factors much in.

Everyone I know studies some bullshit social science and whines about "Muh it's too much work to balance in with school so my parents are paying for it all"
>>
I don't think universities would survive going to war with the people that create the demand. The reason universities offer bullshit classes is because students want to take them. Universities are expected to be a bastion of critical thinking and challenged conventions and they should improve in this area as they are moving the other direction right now. But I do not think it's reasonable to expect them to second-guess themselves--no institution would have credibility if it was endlessly cynical.

I would say that the blame ultimately lies on parents and family because they were the ones that took on the responsibility of raising the child. Unfortunately there's a sampling bias with children where some of the least capable parents are the least aware of their inadequacies as parents.

Some graduates have enough capital and social capital that they can pretty well do as they please in their twenties. Most of us however need to transition into a demanded valuable career path that builds our wealth and keeps us satisfactorily happy. Totally different things.
>>
>>1034057
>You'd think
wouldn't you? but they're not raising thinkers
>>
I think the first step is to cease federal subsidies to student loans.
>>
>>1034544
Lel
I had two PT jobs and fulltime classes and graduated with a 3.8 in a "hard" major. college is not hard.
>>
>>1032708
Universities are in it for da money's. Even degrees with with are useless if you don't work. What they should start doing it a changed job with partnered company post graduation. Not like there aren't enough fucking companies around
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.