[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

where does one buy bitcoins

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: neferpitou.png (769KB, 1071x1034px) Image search: [Google]
neferpitou.png
769KB, 1071x1034px
every bitcoin thread i reply to asking where to purchase bitcoin from a reputable and safe site yields no results.

just want to know where to purchase.
>>
Don't.
>>
>>1031824
its my choice. its not like im going to put thousands of dollars into it.

i consider it a fun alternative to gambling, im just here for the speculation and nothing more.

where do i purchase coins
>>
>>1031830
I don't give a shit if its your choice.
>>
>>1031832
pls... already downloaded all the blockchains took me 4 days
>>
Lazy answer: google

If you live in the US, coinbase.

If you live outside US, then it depends, but localbitcoins is usually the best
>>
Bitstamp
>>
>>1031858
local bits look like craigslist tier scams since its person to person interaction

>>1031860
am i purchasing from people on bitstamp or a company
>>
>>1031871
Localbitcoins - domestic bank transfer. You wont get scammed choose someone that has done hundreds of trades and has a good rep..
>>
>>1031871
Bitstamp is an exchange. So technically you'll be buying feom other people but it will be anonymised.
>>
>>1031822
The major exchanges are Bitstamp (EU), Coinbase (US), BTC-E (Russia) and Huobi (China). They usually operate via bank transfers.
You inject funds in your USD/EUR, buy bitcoins on the exchange, then cash out in bitcoins. Then go through a bitcoin mixer if you are paranoid about privacy.

Localbitcoins is a lil bit shady, but you can literally meet up with a guy in a cafe, hand him the cash and then wait together for 20 minutes for the bitcoin transaction to go through.
>>
>>1031927
does coinbase only work for people within the u.s. can you not use paypal/

as anon mentioned above i looked at people with lots of reps on localbitcoins, its really strange, most of them ask for id, selfie with id and other weird requests and dont accept paypal which is dodgy.
>>
>>1031943
Paypal can be chargebacked thats why no one accepts it. Bitcoin is a direct competitor to Paypal and it has fucked over bitcoin traders since the beginning.

Pic related, i would buy bitcoin from any in this list. If you have online banking it takes half an hour max.
>>
File: image.jpg (110KB, 640x971px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
110KB, 640x971px
>>1031952
>>
>>1031952
even if its unlikely, what happens if they dont send the btc, can you call up your bank and have the transaction undone/
>>
>>1031959
Its called escrow.

These people would lose more money through ripping you off and getting bad feedback than they would gain from bilking you out of your first bitcoin purchase.

Just avoid the ridiculously good deals, theyre either scammy or they're trying to launder money for boko haram.
>>
>>1031961
Escrow,

They send bitcoins to local bitcoins escrow account.

The bitcoins are shown to you held in escrow

You make bank transfer

When he recieves money he releases the escrow

If there is a dispute you open a case with localbitcoins and the truth of the matter will out.
>>
File: 1443131026665.png (51KB, 200x221px) Image search: [Google]
1443131026665.png
51KB, 200x221px
You're a little late to jump on the bitcoin trade, Pitou.
>>
>>1031822
you dont

STOP MEMECURRENCY FFS PEOPLE WAKE UP
>>
>>1031822
VirWox

But don't buy it.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.