[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how to profit in this shitfest/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: Nanda Gaki.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Nanda Gaki.png
1MB, 1366x768px
can a person outside the u.s profit over whats happening in murica with the fall of the dji, people say that oil prices go down and commodities go up, why would oil even go down.

how would a person from another country profit off this, where can you even go to browse oil stocks or gold mining companies
>>
>>1031783
Just buy VOO in chunks over the next few months and you'll be rich soon enough
>>
>>1031785
i was thinking about this, but im not too sure about exchange rates and whats generally cheap or expensive. see, i live in newzealand so i dont have easy accessibility to american stocks unless i call the bank and order a specific ticker.

that is why i am asking if i can somehow profit within my own country because of the effect of whatever is going on.

[sorry for bad typing shift key is broken]
>>
>>1031788
I was looking at ANZ yesterday trying to figure out how to short an index too.

Seems if you fill in their PDF form on PAPER and MAIL it in you can trade on NZX as well as the Dow Jones and other international markets.

But wft that is going to take weeks.

And I'm in the county in the middle of the SI so cant easily visit a branch
>>
>>1031794
i thought our banks only allowed us to trade on the nzx/asx markets via online trading. the only way i know of to trade on international markets is to directly make a phone call and order something specifically, its very hard to even browse or see what companies even exist in international markets.
>>
I'm using 1broker to short major indices
>>
>>1031800
http://www.investogain.co.nz/shares/brokerage
contact these brokerages see if they can service you.

You don't trade stocks through banks they're not designed for it.

if not call them and they should be able to set your entrance and exit points.

If they cant and
All else fails start a company in the US and have the company trade US markets.
>>
>>1032391
>http://www.investogain.co.nz/shares/brokerage

yea our banks are brokerages, e.g the first thing on the website was 'asb securities' which is my bank 'asb', didnt actually know that was uncommon

also, is it true that youre chinese
>>
>>1032413
I can confirm. He is Chinese and does indeed have a tiny penis
>>
Fun facts about oil
>currently producing 1% more oil than we are consuming
>in the crash of the 80s this number was around 20%
>India and China both set to add a lot of cars and post another record breaking year in consumption growth. Even a crash in the Chinese stock market is unlikely to to greatly affect this
>most of the worlds production is still coming from super giant fields like the gwahar which have been producing 50+ years and are well into their decline curves
>green energy projects being abandoned right now because it's impossible to compete with cheap oil
>even America is seeing record auto sales
>governments in poorer oil producing countries are already nearing their breaking point and insolvency

Buy and hold an oil company and get rich. We could see 200$ oil in 10 years because these low prices are setting the stage for any supply disruption to fuck shit up.
>>
>>1032413
Weird meng. I'm not sure if its the case your banks are crooked or ours. Ya in that case ya Nevada Limited Liability Company, use that to register corporate trading account and win.
That means US taxes of 15% cap gains unless you've got a more advanced tax structure.

Unless they've got full functionality to trade options, futures, etc... through your bankorage.

>chinese
am GLorious Burger

>>1032424
its basically like a nipple, which you love to suck on.
>>
>>1031783
This will sound fairly repetitive if you even listen to most investment noise, but the fundamentals has not changed. The investing strategy should match your short or long term strategy.

If you are a long term investor, no amount of dropping stock market will influence your portfolio. They will continue to purchase stocks at a reasonable pace and benefit in the long run from lowered stock prices because they will be waiting 10 to 20 years.

If you are a short term investor there will always be the risk of not knowing when the bottom is. No one knows for sure without insider trading, as such, they try to pick an entry point and exit point where it just guarantees them a profit. So realistically they have already profited or put their plans on a brief hold while waiting for more data.

Figure out what your allocation in your portfolio should be, younger players should have more equities and take on more risk while remaining diversified. I like 80% stocks and less than 20% bonds myself in a mutual fund with low fees.
>>
Be honest /biz/
If i got enough credit cards with 0 apr etc and spent most of them on ammo and mags, would it be okay to sit on the inventory for a handful of months to sell for a profit the closer we get to the elections? I know its sketchy but oh well, i need some cash.
I can handle making the monthly minimum and have the discipline.
>>
>>1032441
The price of holding excess oil is expensive and decreases the value of oil as a whole no?

The poorer oil companies will go bust eventually as they won't be able profit enough from extraction increasing the scarcity of it, and thus price?

Could that happen?
>>
>>1032678
Bump for this
>>
>>1031788
No companies offer you to buy index funds?
>>
>>1032441
Holding Shell. Down 10% but I'm in this for the long haul. 5% drop today still hurt tho senpai
>>
>>1031788
Just buy index funds m8.
>>
>>1032391
>You don't trade stocks through banks they're not designed for it.

I do
>>
>>1032678
>>1032678
>>1032678
>>1032678
>>
I run a share portfolio using my own money. It's valued at $71k.

Roughly half of that value is an investment in a broad ETF that tracks developed market indices excluding Australia. The rest of the value consists of direct holdings in Australian companies.

Use ETFs not just to diversify outside your domestic sharemarket, but also to stabilise your returns, in case either your local market tanks, or in case you've made bad stock picks.

In the long term (7–10 years plus) avoiding losers is more important to your returns than picking winners.
>>
What do you lads think of IXJ in the long run?
>>
>>1032678
no, not unless you are a dealer and buy at wholesale prices. And why would a election change things? maybe after, if a anti-gun got elected
>>
>>1032391
Thanks chinaman
>>
>>1033271
There will certainly be more shootings and .gov buys. If not ill be fine
>>
op again, just wondering why does oil and gas decrease, i dont think anyone has addressed this yet, or is this a completely separate issue
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.