[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>stocks going to hell >once AGAIN wake up with sweet Bitcoin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 9

File: nocoiners.gif (2MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
nocoiners.gif
2MB, 320x180px
>stocks going to hell
>once AGAIN wake up with sweet Bitcoin gains
>it hasn't even begun yet
>>
Finally these fiat pigs will know the taste of pain. Crypto uber alles!

GAS THE DOLLAR CURRENCY WAR NOW
>>
Fuck im too tied up in bleeding stocks right now but otherwise i would convert them to bitcoin.
>>
Is this actual shilling or just memes?
>>
File: JrBNHcT.jpg (91KB, 800x1052px) Image search: [Google]
JrBNHcT.jpg
91KB, 800x1052px
>>1030129

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uV7MDhqNyXE

they do not care about the price at all, they just want them bitcoin
>>
>>1030199
First rule of finance- always do what the chechens are doing.
>>
Where do you buy bitcoin from? Any reputable and trustworthy site? Does it matter what country youre from?
>>
>>1030224
Nobody actually knows how.
>>
>>1030367
What?
>>
>>1030367

Well my dad works at Bitcoin and he says they're making Bitcoin 2
>>
>>1030431
fucking kek
>>
>>1030224
coinbase or btc-e
>>
>>1030431
topkek do you have any more insider info?

>>1030224
Use coinbase or Bitfinex if you want to do some trading.
>>
Going in for the gamble, news out of China is bad which is driving the pump.

Buying in @ $461, hoping to dump at $483 to make 5% unless it's still booming and I'll let it ride. Stoploss at $438.

Invested $3400 USD.

Pray for me /biz/

Go buttcoin go!!!
>>
File: imt79f.gif (2MB, 282x285px) Image search: [Google]
imt79f.gif
2MB, 282x285px
>>1031068
>Invested $3400 USD.

get the fuck out kid
>>
>>1031125
err why?

Am I not rich enough to be on /biz/?

lmfao

Suck my cock you gigantic faggot.
>>
>>1031068
Take that stoploss away you will get fucked by it.

What exchange are you on?
>>
>>1031248
Those targets are manual anyway, I don't have a currency trading platform.

>What exchange are you on?
iunno, I'm just buying through cointree.com.au it's supposedly got the best rates. They certainly taking their fucking time settling my order considering it was a cash deposit. Still no coins in my account...
>>
>>1031294
>manual targets

if you used coinbase, you could set limit orders
>>
>>1031370
Yeah but I'm in ausfalia dunno if coinbase would like my buckaroos. I can set alarms on BTCWisdom to tell me when to bail, it's no limit order but its free...
>>
>>1030224

>Anything BTC

>Reputable
>>
>>1030431
My uncle works at Bitcoin 2 and he says they're already making Bitcoin 3.
>>
>>1029939
>>1030476
Speaking of BTC, is BTC-e getting 502 for anyone?
>>
File: btceddos.png (57KB, 627x598px) Image search: [Google]
btceddos.png
57KB, 627x598px
>>1031457
Hm...
>>
Welp. Good thing I only have about $15 worth of currency on there.
>nb4 its all gone and taken by hackers and/or BTC-e itself pretending to be hackers
>>
>>1030129
Probably both. Bitcoins have failed and were always going to fail. A lot of people are stupid though. It's the same with everything that has a paper trail.
>>
>>1031478
BTC is not destined to fail. It might be unlikely to succeed, but it is not destined to fail.

BTC is still useful as a means for paying artists etc. and its starting to get picked up as a currency for simple trade.
If this picks up, bitcoin could stabilize and become legit.

It doesn't matter if the people getting into bitcoin are "stupid" so long as there are a lot of stupid people who have faith in it.
Imaginary value is already a thing.
>>
>>1031485
Yes, but with the fact that it is "imaginary" people will not want to go behind it. Also, noone wants to leave behind a paper trail.
T. Bearer Bonds
>>
Buy ETHEREUM
>>
Bitcoins generate an interesting value proposition as time goes on; that of its security having succeeded for a given amount of time.

In fact, you could argue that 'proof of time' is like the ultimate form of value store, you can't fake time, it's like the ultimate proof. So any other crypto that wants to come in would have to compete with Bitcoin's years of resilience, which isn't really possible because it will always be behind.

Bitcoin is actually quite mature now for a tech, that it has survived for a number of years is pretty impressive, doesn't mean it will go on forever but despite all the volatility, Bitcoin looks like it could be a better way of storing value of money than a lot of real world commodities, like PMs etc.

The one thing that concerns me is that if there's another bull run, the blocks will get full and that will fuck it over.

That whole situation needs to be dealt with and it's already taking far too fucking long to get over that impasse.
>>
>>1030082
The dollar is going to rise. Were the currency peeople go to at times like these
>>
>>1031955
>the US dollar is a safe haven

Said no one. Ever.
>>
>>1031888
HOW. It is literally so hard to buy this fuckin crypto.
>>
>>1031964
Open an account at poloniex. Deposit USD, buy Ethereum.

or, open an account at polo, deposit BTC trade for ETH

Be quick though, supplies of ETH are running low.
>>
>>1031960
yeah whatever nigga
>>
What the fuck is this shit? Are you responsible for this you little shits? I've just found out my wifes son has been stealing money from her purse to buy these "bitcoins". When I confronted him he called me a "nocoiner" told me to "cope" and then ran off. I looked at his internet browsing history and found this place.

I want you to know that I want you to take back all these bitcoins youi've sold to my wifes son and return his money I have written to chris poole asking him to backtrace all of your IP's
>>
>>1032019
Underrated post
>>
>>1031485
>paying artists

kek
>>
File: 1450919001060.jpg (118KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1450919001060.jpg
118KB, 720x960px
who would invest in a large scale cannabis harvesting plant in northeastern calafornia?
>>
>>1031226

> suck my cock
> you gigantic faggot
>>
>>1029939

> stocks going to hell
> wake up with sweet bitcoin gains

> stock going to hell
> wake up with sweet stock gains
> wake up with sweet ebay gains
> wake up with sweet etsy gains
>>
File: 053ca482887a2f733.gif (2MB, 300x196px) Image search: [Google]
053ca482887a2f733.gif
2MB, 300x196px
>>1032019
>>
>>1032019
>tfw your op from the other day becomes copy pasta

And it isnt even my best work
>>
>>1032030
Why is that building leaning to the rught
>>
>>1030431
wow. does your dad know bitcoin ceo? that guy is a genius i heard.
>>
File: BitcoinWins.jpg (115KB, 1173x616px) Image search: [Google]
BitcoinWins.jpg
115KB, 1173x616px
>>1031478
>all this cope
>banderas.gif

Even old people get it now (00:43)
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos/2016-01-06/marc-faber-we-have-colossal-credit-bubble-in-china

It's time to stop coping coping, and start buying. Calling it a meme no longer works :(
>>
Purchase tokens for next generation blockchain platform Ethereum.
>>
>>1033520
LMAO. Fuck off shills.
>>
>>1033536
Sorry m8. Bitcoin is deprecated technology. Dont get me wrong, its a million times better than bernanke bucks, but Ethereum will make bitcoin look like childs play.
>>
>>1031226
>Am I not rich enough to be on /biz/?

you're too stupid
>>
>>1033580
Took man 2 days to come back with a par this dead.
>>
>>1031478
So.... you want me to stick with USD and collapsing economy?? Or a free global payment system that is like digital gold?
>>
>>1033606
Sorry but a bunch of bits to me yell fake value as much as dollars or any other paper currency.
I'm not saying bitcoins won't be a thing (again) in the future. I'm just saying it's not this obvious.
>>
>>1033520
Im holding eth just in case, some people were speculating all those banks that use the meme *block chain* or *the block chain* were actually not really talking about Bitcoin, they were talking about Ethereum.

Banks only talk about *smart contracts*, ethereuem has the best smart contracts.
a
The best part is Goldman backed ethreeuawdawd awda dm
>>
>>1030199
Georgian is such a weird language.
>>
>>1033625
Indeed my friend indeed. Banks talking about ethebtbdjxkx
>>
So I'm trying to buy shares of a stock that are like .008 cents a pop. Put order in for 250k shares, says I have to call to do it. Why's that? Those broker guys always make me feel like I'm making a huge mistake or something. Idk they are just super pretentious like. How to avoid?
>>
>>1034757
Wrong thread.

Also,
>having to trust a third party in financial transaction
>2016

Why?
>>
>>1031971
>>1033520
>>1033541
>>1033625

Where do you store ether? USB? Wallet?
>>
>>1035091
Are you asking me personally where i store my Eth or are you asking me generally how to store it? It works pretty much like bitcoin, you can store the private key in any form you like, paper wallet, file on computer, brainwallet. Etc etc
>>
>>1035097
I'd be interested in the general way to store it myself, I missed the blockchain craze when bitcoin came out but Ethereum's caught my interest. I'm completely ignorant of cryptography though, so talk of private keys and the like kind of goes over my head.

There any resources you'd recommend to get up to speed besides what's on ethereum/gitbooks?
>>
>>1035140
If youre a total noob use a online wallet like myetherwallet
>>
>>1031248
>Getting fucked by a stoploss
kek, just stop
>>
>>1035179
Thanks Based Anon!
>>
>>1031068
Good luck selling!
>>
>>1033580
>you're too stupid
>>/biz/

top fucking kek m80
>>
>>1035300
Luck?

Maybe this is just a U.S thing but for me to sell I login to cointree, who is holding my coins and I click "sell". It tells me the current market exchange rate and I press "OK" and they are sold instantly and money goes back into my bank account.

Is this not they way it works in the U.S?
>>
>>1035706
Sorry, i believe you're attempting to argue with someone who has a flimsy grasp on reality.
>>
>>1035212
Have a look where he set the stoploss then take a look at bitcoins volatility then come back and apologise.
>>
>>1035836
That logic means nothing without considering the timeframe you intend to have your money invested.

If I don't care to return to cash for a year, yes that stoploss might be a bad idea. If I'm only in this for a month, it's an appropriate stoploss. In anycase, it's a manual one, I don't have to act upon it.
>>
I'll pick up some bitcoins as soon as someone can explain how I can turn bitcoin back into a viable everyday currency like USD.

in before:
>lol selling ur bitcoins
>>
>>1035853
Second. Seems way too unsecure. Who regulates? Who is in charge?
>>
>>1035849
You're a noob. Your stoploss is way too close to the price and will be hit. I hope it doesn't but im pretty sure it will be good luck though
>>
>>1035861
>Who regulates? Who is in charge?
The blockchain regulates itself. Nobody is in charge. There are no banks and no real regulations: it's decentralized.

Bitcoin is made for people scared of what regulating bodies do to currencies. It's considered a "haven" by people who have lost faith in stocks. It's actually just numbers. THe only value is what people ascribe to those numbers.

Frankly, does your country actually back your money? Can you walk up to your government/bank and go "I want the gold/silver backing this dollar" or will you be laughed at? Now you see why people see bitcoins as plausibly equal to cash.

That said it's volatile as fuck, especially if you have a LOT of them. Buy with caution.
>>
>>1035853
What exactly are you asking? How to sell bitcoins? Or how to earn interest from bitcoins?

Selling is as easy as clicking the sell button on the exchange

>>1035861
>who's in charge?

You are, anon.

>seems insecure

Read this:
http://szabo.best.vwh.net/distributed.html
>>
>>1035863
It might. Then again my take profit has (I believe) a better chance to be hit. That's what volatility is. That's what managing risk & return is. You have no point.

If using a stoploss makes me a "noob" I can only assume you must be broke as a joke. But humour me, genius. What would you suggest, as self-professed expert, that I should be using as a stoploss and why?

>inb4 sound of crickets
>>
>>1035878
It would take seconds for a minor flash crash to take out your stop.

Thanks though, your loss are bitcoin hodlers gains, and there are a lot more of us hodlers than you.
>>
Your stoploss is at $438. The price touched $440 today.

Have fun with that.
>>
>>1035891
> implying bitcoin can't fluctuate up and down all day every day
> Implying bitcoin can't drop suddenly at any time just as it can rise at any time
> Implying rise is more likely than fall

So much implying, so little knowledge.
>>
>>1035894
Thats exactly the point im making you fucking dunce.
>>
File: oh lawd.gif (2MB, 360x240px) Image search: [Google]
oh lawd.gif
2MB, 360x240px
>>1035885
Likewise, it would take seconds for a "minor flash pump" to hit my take-profit. (Well not really, we'd be talking at minimum several hours, but hey you're the expert) Again, you have no point. And although I've already told you 3 fucking times, I don't have a limit order and the stoploss won't be automatically executed, so if I want to hold I can. And based on news out of China, that doesn't seem like a bad idea.

And my loss "are bitcoin holders gains"? oh lawd. Do you even understand how market economics work? Me SELLING increases availability and implies reduced demand, thus making your coins LESS valuable you fucking dunce.
>>
>>1035934
Good luck m8 i wish you all the best.
>>
Ethereum is now over a dollar per ether. The ethereal spaceship is going to blast off this year. Captain Vitalik will lead the way :^)

TO THE FUCKING MOON
>>
>>1035983
That guy needs to fucking eat a burger, have you seen how thin he is these days?

I guess creating the worlds first and only distributed turing complete global singleton takes it out of you.

Eth to the moon!
>>
>>1035992
Ya. I hope he doesn't have any health issues. The Ethereum community should do a crowdsale to buy Vitalik some hamburgers, vitamins and a personal trainer.
>>
>>1033541
Ethereum's features will run under the Bitcoin blockchain thanks to Rootstock. Any other token that isn't BTC is a chore and an actual meme.
>>
File: btc2lambo.jpg (292KB, 1604x985px) Image search: [Google]
btc2lambo.jpg
292KB, 1604x985px
>>1035853
>selling Bitcoin for inferior currencies
>not buying a lambo with Bitcoin

>>1035861
>Who regulates? Who is in charge?
Just lol at talking in 20th century terms. C.U.C.K.
>>
>>1035878
You should hold long term dumbass. Trying to short Bitcoin is a meme.
>>
>>1036871
>he fell for the rootstock meme

You realize that sidechains are supposed to act as a bridging mechanism that allows smooth transition to the best blockchain technology over time, right? Protip: that best technology is Ethereum

Did you even read the sidechain paper bro?
>>
>>1035992
Burgers are for amerilards. Son needs some borsh in his system.
>>
>>1036887
I will crowdfund a years worth of £1 tesco protein shakes for bitalik vuterin. Whos in?
>>
>>1036879
I'm not going to say you're wrong about holding longterm, but it seems that shorting is possible albeit risky. There's been a pretty obvious correspondence between short term pumps and Chinese economy woes lately. Hence my current theory - disastrous news outta China, buy some bitcoin before or while it surges. Once the news calms down, sell off and put it back into equity or whatever seems more profitable.

It's more of an experiment than anything. I certainly don't have much of my pool in buttcoin, precisely because of its volatility and uncertain future. But I think that when the Chinese economy really hits the fan, buttcoin will explode (so long as no alternative crypto is competing with it yet). So it's worth holding something for sure.
>>
Is it worth buying some btc right now or should I wait until it crashes again?
>>
>>1032213
gtfo
>>
>>1031971

Just signed up for poloniex. Are you sure you can deposit USD and buy ETH? Seems like you have to buy BTC and trade for ETH.

I haven't been able to figure out how to deposit USD.
>>
>>1037847
Did you make a profit already?
>>
>>1035853

I figure it's worth getting into for short term deals.

I'd never buy and hold though.

>>1035876

Speaking of gold and silver, been buying silver lately since it's tanking. Don't have the money for gold right now but I'll buy an ounce with some of my tax refund.

What's the consensus here on stacking silver/gold?
Thread posts: 97
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.