[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it normal to finish a master's degree in finance and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

Is it normal to finish a master's degree in finance and feel like I don't know how to do anything of value?

I forgot about most intricacies of the only few things that were interesting like time-series analysis and the things I do remember are all replicated by an excel sheet. I passed the first level of the CFA but have absolutely no desire to keep going without knowing that my job will require the full title first. I see these random finance job applications and think "I can't do that".

What the fuck was I trained for these past couple of years?
>>
>>1029873
Iknow the feel
>>
Yes it's normal. The difference between you and the people working there are that they believe their skills are hard, and that they know something substantive.
>>
>>1029892
but they can't have learned that in college. It's like I have merely glanced at everything finance has to offer in every course, allowing me to go "yes I've heard about that once" instead of getting actual skills that let me pursue projects from the ground up to the end.
>>
>>1029901
that's what internships are for
>>
that's what connections and internships are for

You wasted your time on a useless degree while you would've probably achieved more by doing some low or unpaid internships
>>
You weren't trained son you were "educated"
check out tastytrade if you're in securities markets, and REIClub.com s videos if property is more your thing.

and if you really want to make sure. Ask the people with the titles you want where you can learn what you need to do what they do.
>>
>>1029873
good job majoring in something that should literally be taught to everyone
>>
>>1029918
are you chinese?
>>
>>1029918
I don't know what I want. The only jobs that SEEM cool are debt collecting/credit analyser and wholesale but even these jobs look soul-sucking. There's just so many options that are wildly different, as opposed to an engineer who kind of knows what he's getting into when he goes for X kind of engineering.
>>
>>1029918
on a scale of 1 to gambling addiction, how chinese are you?
>>
Wiki impostor syndrome
>>
>>1030164
but really I didn't do anything fantastic. Yes I studied and passed tests but even after all I did I don't have the confidence to manage my own money on the markets.
>>
>>1029918
>>1029925
>>1029935
Answer the question Mr. Sheng.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.