[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/biz/ i really need your help. i'm a undergraduate sophomore

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

/biz/ i really need your help.

i'm a undergraduate sophomore and i just got an email saying that UBS liked my resumé and that they want to schedule an interview.

the position is amazing-- a 2 year long private wealth management internship with a 'competitive salary' and i'm going to be completely honest i would die for this opportunity

however i'm not extraordinarily talented, and i have no experience in the financial sector. for a position like this, there must be some insane competition. pic related is the job requirements. how can i become the PERFECT candidate in addition to slaying the interview?

in order:
>Freshmen or Sophomore Undergraduate
check
>Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
check
>Coding experience and knowledge in VBA and Excel
I do have coding experience and I have a pretty good understanding of programming logic but I have almost 0 experience using VBA and excel. What kind of stuff do I need to learn how to do? Is there a website that can help with this?
>Strong knowledge on options is preferred
I have a basic understanding but I will definitely read up
>Interest/Experience in valuation and company analysis and strategy development (backtesting, idea generation) is preferred
I have interest in these things, but no experience. Where can I go to learn about company analysis and strategy development? What is 'backtesting' and 'idea generation'?
>Detail-oriented, ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
check
>Strong quantitative, analytical and communication skills
check
>Ability to work independently while also being a strong team player
check
>A track record of exceptional performance in extracurricular and professional activities
check
>Demonstrated leadership skills
check

If anyone could please help me I would be forever indebted to you and this board
>>
Yes, you're definitely qualified to be a poorly paid intern who cold-calls ancient client lists trying to churn commissions. The fabulous world of "wealth management" is primarily about convincing grannies to sell their Coke stock to buy Pepsi stock so that your boss can generate trading fees. Enjoy.
>>
File: Funazu-Yoshitoshiryakuga.jpg (165KB, 800x570px) Image search: [Google]
Funazu-Yoshitoshiryakuga.jpg
165KB, 800x570px
>>1026743
okay i just realized i formatted this horribly. i just got the email and im really jittery so please forgive me

what i need to learn and need help with:
>how can I learn VBA and Excel to the point where I can comfortably utilize it in a financial workspace
>where can i learn about company valuation and analysis
>what is "backtesting", "idea generation", and "strategy development"?
>>
>>1026754

Perfect reply.

>>1026756
OP, those are just buzz words you don't need to worry about, but just get comfortable saying them.
>>
>>1026756
>how can I learn VBA and Excel to the point where I can comfortably utilize it in a financial workspace
Just google how to do "match" "vlookup" "pivot tables" and "record macros". Maybe throw in the use of time value formulas. Mentioning that should suffice.

Check vault for interview questions and such. And $12/hour seems pretty shitty for an internship.
>>
>>1026934
Thanks for the info, I'll definitely look into those.

Also, I'm pretty sure it's $20 an hour. That's a pretty good amount of money to me
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.