[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anybody into daily fantasy sports? I'm wondering specifically

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 806874608_1568685.gif (162KB, 320x272px) Image search: [Google]
806874608_1568685.gif
162KB, 320x272px
Anybody into daily fantasy sports?

I'm wondering specifically if there's anyone here who comes from a programming, math, or online poker background.

What is your ROI like? What's the basic idea of your strategy?
>>
It's not worth it.

I've sports bet for a few years, and have not won dick on daily fantasy.

The people who win use stats on Excel and study the shit like crazy.

If you are serious, get on one of the DFS forums and just copy what the winning guys are doing, hopefully some of them post their picks.
>>
>>1025527
I've been trying to use Google Sheets to use linear optimization to create lineups, but it's not really working out the way it's supposed to. I'm trying to learn Python because I've found some scripts where people use it for DFS. I think it might be more worthwhile to try to make my own in the long run, but I'm not really sure if I'm on the right track.
>>
>>1025586

I think it takes years of trial and error to predict the most probable yardage per player per matchup.

If I only I knew what variables the pros were using. Then you could just plug them in and make winning picks.

But I think even with their stats they still use a little sports accumen to make decisions.
>>
I started in the beginning of the year, put in 25 bucks, play 1-3 teams every week, just for fun, like having a lottery but you can cheer on your lottery balls.
>be me
>have 18 left in account
>fuck geting a check for 18, Ill play 3 teams for $5 each
>want to either get a big payout or nothing
>enter a league with 262,000 other people
>Antionio Brown, AllenRobinson go off, read on a reddit DFS subreddit about cheep running backs to play, play them and they do well
> my 3 teams finish 100, 150, and 40
>make $1,225
> want to cash out immedietatley because this shit is clearly gambeling
>pain in the ass to verify
>money in bank account now

feels good man, never played again since
AMA
>>
>>1025860
So you just picked those three based on what you read on the subreddit?

How did you pick the rest of your lineup?
>>
>>1025881
Actually I only used it for the running backs, which is my recomendation. Running backs are something I owuld get advice on, because you need to know who is in and who is out. The system lags highly on two things, injuries and players being out. I went cheep on the running backs and bet heavy on the recievers because they use 1/2 ppr. I knew that Allen Hurns was out for the jags, so allen robinson would go off, and I got robinson pretty cheep. The steelers played the colts last week and I know how bad their pass defense can be, so I bet on Antiono brown
>>
>>1025823
Apparently a lot of the top 5% are former online poker guys. I've read about some successful players who claim to have little sports knowledge.

My thought is that it is mostly about making sense of numbers, and being able to predict ownership.
>>
Am I the only one who just plays on his gut?
I don't win much but I've left every game with a profit. It's fucking gambling guys, forget all the excel shit just play people you like.
>>
>>1026220
I've done both guts and stats and I'm about 50% on each. Put in $10 and played rarely but got up to $50. I won the majority in an MLB one but now that its done til next season... :'(
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.