[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I have been hearing a lot of things about colleges and if

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: debt.jpg (47KB, 360x420px) Image search: [Google]
debt.jpg
47KB, 360x420px
So I have been hearing a lot of things about colleges and if getting degrees are worth it. I have heard quite a bit from both sides on the topic and I am still not sure what to think. It seems that a lot of people graduate with debt that they don't pay off for decades, and I'm worried that that will happen to me. I currently plan on going to college to be a physicist (going for a doctorates), but I'm not sure if college is financially worth it. Does anyone have any personal stories or advice to give on the topic?
>>
>>1023873
I got my bachelor's debt free and I'm still not sure if it was worth it. It's only been have a year since graduation though, maybe I need more time.

If someone tells you college was worth it, things worked out for them, and vice versa. And whether things work out depends on more factors than just where you go and what you major
>>
You should go to a Comm College for at least a year to get some pre reqs done if money is an issue for you, it's way cheaper and will probably transfer, check though.

College is great if you go for STEM, but even then the pure sciences have shit employment, physics included.
>>
One of my good mates studied physics and has been finished for 2 years (got his doctorate). I went straight to work with out Uni and am now studying part time (business and commerce). After doing that I can see how much of the degree is rubbish and people in the real world don't care about so much you are taught. I'm earning 95k in Aus and my mate who did his doctorate is working at Maccas because unless you work at the Uni where is a physicist going to work?

My advice, unless you love physics look at something else and I would say come back to Uni after you have life experience - so much stuff you just understand better and you know how to prioritize better.
>>
>>1023873
Is medicine good?
I'm just trying to figure out Wtf else I'd do if not for school.
>>
>>1024764
I heard that's one of the most "useless" fields (aka most people can't manage to pay off those debs).
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.