[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Real Estate Business help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 3025134-slide-s-house-01.jpg (85KB, 750x499px) Image search: [Google]
3025134-slide-s-house-01.jpg
85KB, 750x499px
I just started a real estate buisness. I own 2 properties outright as well as my own home. I make about $1000 a month off of the rentals. I make about $3750 a month from my job. I only have 12K in debt and about 75K in equity. I live in a Detroit esque mid sized city in the midwest where you can buy houses for 10-15K. They come with the windows boarded up and I went to school for home inspection so I don't get any that have major problems. I was wondering where could I get financing from? I could pull equity from my rentals but that would diminish my income from them to almost nothing. I don't have enough time doing this to get a business loan (2 years recorded on taxes). So what are my options to do more properties? I could just keep buying them cash but that means I can only do 1-2 properties a year. I'm tired of my job and want to do this full time. Any advice anons?
>>
>>1020721
Sounds like you are actually doing good. My advise (which is simply an opinion), live frugally for 2-5 years, only buying essential clothes, food, and bills with your new income.
>>
>>1020730
I've been living frugally since I was homeless back in 09. I buy all my clothes/furniture/cars used, grow and can my own food, and I own all my own tools for every project from hanging drywall and framing to installing flooring (I bought all the tools from a tool pawn shop in town). I'm just wondering where I could get a business loan from, my credit is over 700. Or are there any investors or a place to talk to investors?
>>
>>1020748
I think you can get a 60month loan @7.xx-8.xx% through lending club. Good credit, strong assets, track record of doing this should qualify you for the top borrower bracket.
>>
>>1020759
>60 month loan
>real estate rental companies
Wew lad
>>
>>1020762
Check the op. He's taking 10-15k loans.
>>
>>1020721
How does using equity from your existing rentals diminish income?
>>
>>1020721

So people are actually willing to live in those homes that cost $10-15k?

If I knew you personally I'd consider investing with you. Maybe you can network with people locally and try to solicit investments that way somehow.
>>
>>1020721
This is what I wanted to do. Specifically in detroit. Like a moron I got talked out of it. I own homes in Colorado now that have made me great return. Why can't you get 30 yr mortgages? Put down 20 percent you could buy a house a month
>>
>>1020748
Why do you need a business loan? I don't understand. If you're getting 500 bucks a house per month on a mortgage of 12k you should be cash flow positive
>>
>>1020840

Im sure its all getting paid through government vouchers.

Its a gamble though. The people that would live in these houses could absolutely destroy your investment.

I have been thinking about doing this as well though.

OP would you recommend family sized homes or little 1 bed room homes or even like 4 bed rooms? I have this image of renting to the single mother and the kid and the boyfriend end up tearing the place up. However there is such a lack of little single bed room houses in my area.
>>
A 15yr 7.5% blanket loan over your current equity will cost you $375 per month. You will then be able to buy 2-3 more rentals which extrapolating your current 2 would give you a gross rental income of $2000-$2500, subtract out the $375 you now owe on your blanket loan and you should be clearing $1625-$2125, owing only $40,000 across 4-5 houses which should be worth well over that amount, and depending on who you get the loan from once they're rented and added to your portfolio they may be willing to re up your loan so you can buy even more houses.

Call every bank in your area and call any of the we buy houses signs and explain your situation and tell them you're looking for a loan. The we buy houses people usually have good connections to money and can even help you find a new rental as a pseudo real estate agent if a landlord calls looking to sell a house.
>>
Read Preston Ely's books. No BS real-estate, & guarilla marketing.
>>
>>1020902
>>1020899
No bank is going to give you a 30/15 year mortgages on a 15k house.

If they did no one would rent from OP.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.