[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Business ownership

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: WhatIHopeToBeLike.jpg.jpg (61KB, 500x675px) Image search: [Google]
WhatIHopeToBeLike.jpg.jpg
61KB, 500x675px
My dad owns a small, somewhat failing, business. The business is a financial advisory (not a accountancy firm); Anyway the firm sells insurance and advises on mortgages. I think that the idea of the business is stupid; however, I, being the most intelligent and promising entrepreneur in the family, am going to take over the business from my dad. My issue is, I just do not think it is worth it, because of the relatively low income it is pulling in, or at least my dads salary (£60k annual)

I am thinking of going to University and becoming an investment banker or a Hedge Fund Manager. Does the business have any promise, what do you reckon I do? I don't want to be a failure like my dad.
>>
>>1020332
Your dad wasn't a failure if you are as intelligent as your snide ass believes. Fuck you for raggin on your dad, he wants to give you what he has worked hard for and you shit on it.
>>
>>1020337
He has hardly worked hard, he looks for opportunities to not have to do work and employ as many people under him as possible. He finds doing hard work for himself as a bore, it is a wonder he is making £60k desu. I appreciate what he does for me, I just feel as if he is a little to naive.
>>
>>1020348

Go to school. You're right, you don't need to carry on his business. I'd hate to see all of his life's work swindled by some entitled teenage son who thinks he has the potential to be something with no credentials other than his "promising entrepreneur" spirit....that he actually got from his father.....who has actually started his own business.

Meanwhile...you're posting on 4chan.
>>
Don't listen to these fucks.

Your dad is a salesman for people that are too stupid to google basic shit.

There is no long term value in it. Not in this age, his business will continue to shrink.
>>
>>1020348
Sound like your dad values time over money. Some people are like this. Your opinion of them doesn't mean jack shit to them. They are happy with their extra free time and what is honestly a decent amount of money for your dad considering you think he doesn't do very much.

You value money over time. I can't wait until the first time this kicks your ass. I hope you do amass large amounts of money so you can "retire" into a job where you have more time and don't waste everything you have. It's two different approaches to life and work, and you honestly can't say one side is better than the other side, because both have their positive and negative aspects.

>buying into /biz/'s thirst for money this fucking hard
Seriously OP.

So just go to school alright, and become the hedge fund manager or bank guy that you want to be. Let your dad keep doing his thing, and you'll do your thing, and you'll both maintain a good relationship this way because neither of you will be in the other's face acting indignant and shit.
>>
>>1020389
OP here,I like my dad, but he would make so much more money with a few changes. if you are 50 years old and you are only making £60k a year of which you save none, he told once over a conversation about finance that he was £20k in debt and doesn't even feel the need to get out of it, he bought two cars for himself, which are worth more than the entirety of his salary.(BMW 5 SERIES and a 2011 Range Rover).

Did I mention that he once bought 120 fucking micro waves for £1000 and just left them sitting in the summer house. I, being concerned for my dad and hoping I would get a cut, hauled them into the Range Rover, to drive to the nearest builders and sold them all by the end of the month with with a profit of £1400 pounds and then gave the money to my dad and was given £100 back for my work! "What did your dad spend the money on?" you maybe asking, well, he took more money out of his account and bought 2 KTM dirt bikes for £10000 each.

I think that explains how bad with money he is for a financial advisor. He then cheated on my mom with a gold digger whom he had to stay in her council house because my mum kicked him out, then my dad went to a dinner party and then my dads girlfriend gets a bit drunk and has a go at him because she thought he was flirting with the other guests, she then thoughts a tantrum and runs out, he tells her he is leaving and then she starts crying and breaking shit and then she takes a vase and smashes it fucking up her hand, he leaves anyway after calling an ambulance, he stays in a hotel for a night and then it turns out the bitch is threatening to blame him for what happend, so he has to go back there and live with her again so she doesn't ruin his life.

Anyway he is basically homeless now. So yeah I think I can do a slightly better job.
>>
>>1020591
When I say "homeless" I mean living in a shit house because of blackmail.
>>
File: cactaur.png (50KB, 291x398px) Image search: [Google]
cactaur.png
50KB, 291x398px
Dude, take you dad's credit card, buy 10k shares of Apple stock and then spend the rest on time-shares in Florida.

Your parents will be filthy rich in 5 years.
>>
>>1020593
It looks as if the apple shares are beginning to tip though.
>>
>>1020602
When that new iPhone drops, it's going to change the whole game, senpai(ily)
>>
Well, I can maybe get him to by 10k in shares, I may put my money in there too.
>>
>>1020591

Dear Diary...
>>
File: obamanation.jpg (15KB, 280x350px) Image search: [Google]
obamanation.jpg
15KB, 280x350px
>>1020332
>go to University and become a hedge fund manager
>mfw

The mountain of dicks you have to suck to get anywhere close to being a hedge fund manager is taller than the Eiffel Tower. As a grad they won't let you even scrub the floor there.

And from what you're saying your dad's job sounds pretty lax, I would much much rather take £60k for a 30 hour self-managed work week than £200k for 75 hours of wage cuckery. The fuck's the point of a high salary if you have to trade your life for it.
>>
>>1020658
Or I may go into private equity as I have a second cousin who owns a successful business call the London investment source or something like that.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.