[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

marriedfags with working wives, How do you split your bills

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: Tweet.png (17KB, 604x194px) Image search: [Google]
Tweet.png
17KB, 604x194px
marriedfags with working wives,

How do you split your bills with your wife percentage-wise?

Do you keep track of both of your incomes and expenditures? Does she let you know her finances?

Would she be offended if she was made to live off of her own income and nothing more?
all marriedcucks,

Do you keep a mental tally of all your money she has spent? Does this come up in your fights?

Do you agree that marriage is legalized prostitution?
>>
>>1019937
>>>/r9k/
>>
We both make 6 figures and split bills evenly. We keep separate accounts for personal use but have a joint account solely for bills and vacations.

Never fought about money because we make so much compared to what we spend. Will have our home paid off next year at 27.

She paid for all expenses during a 3 month layoff I had a few years ago. I would do the same for her. We would both be fine on a single income but it's nice having a boatload of extra cash from split expenses.

If the only time you could fuck would be with a prostitute I understand why you are a forever alone neckbeard.
>>
>>1019937
My wife and I are both accountants and keep everything separate. At the end of every month we go over our expenses that could be considered mutual like electric, mortgage, groceries etc. We tally these expenses up, cut them in half and subtract out what we each paid. Whoever pays less writes the other person a check for the difference. So if I spent $600 on mutual expenses and she spent $500, we would take the $1,100 total divide it in half to get $550 and subtract out $500. She would write me a check for $50 just so everything is split down the middle. Any other personal expenses are irrelevant and not factored in. This process has been working pretty well for a little over two years now.
>>
How hardcore do you want to go?

http://www.p3international.com/products/p4400.html

Get a bunch of killawatts and measure total electrical output of the bill.

http://www.wired.com/2010/09/no-more-no-less-faucet-precisely-pre-measures-water-output/

Get some of these and split sinks and cut the water bill accordingly

Record mileage for the car and split accordingly.

I'm not a huge fan of Ramsey's advice but he has some excellent ways to cope with a partner.

https://thepiratebay.se/torrent/7910357/Dave_Ramsey_Financial_Peace_University_2012

This is the 2014, I haven't seen it but looks interesting as far as communicating money with simpletons and argumentum ad passiones

https://thepiratebay.se/user/retro_rev/
>>
File: 1216234285390.png (133KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1216234285390.png
133KB, 250x250px
Why did you bother getting married?
Why is money is still divided between you?

We just spend it as is needed, and earn it as we work. House, car, utilities from one account. Food and day to day spending from the other.
It just happens to work out as a nice balanced split, and both of us are left with close to the same funds.
We then use the excess to fund TFSA/RRSP/Mutual fund and, in my case, actively managed aggressive trading account.

Put love before money, or don't marry a whore.
>>
>>1019958
>>1019961
That makes sense. I'm gonna copy this.

>>1019958
I think I saw you in that other marriage thread.

>>1019961
I take it she has also been saving money for your future kid's college fund since that would fall under mutual expenses. tfw no accountant gf
>>
File: MsZZeDF.jpg (48KB, 617x937px) Image search: [Google]
MsZZeDF.jpg
48KB, 617x937px
>>1019988
>>1020012
I know I sound pretty paranoid, and maybe I am. It's that both my mom and sister divorced, and finances was a big reason for it.

The basic idea is that interdependence creates resentment. That's what I'm trying to avoid.
>>
>>1020046
We both have retirement accounts and brokerage accounts that we contribute to. No children yet so we don't have a 529 plan but that will come eventually and will be factored in to our mutual expenses. The model keeps things pretty stress free. Once our expenses are divided and savings goals met neither one of us care what either one does with excess money. I like to invest extra she likes to save extra. It all works out.
>>
>>1020062
The key to not worrying about money seems to be that both partners earn and don't spend like a moron. Having money = not having money problems.

Now if any anon is a neet or has an at home baby-factory wife, you gonna have money issues unless you bring in so much the other is fully funded to excess.
>>
We both pay the same amount for the mortgage, power and food. The rest is seperate.
>>
>>1020053
Women are some of the most rational people if you the more emotionally mature man take care of her emotions.

Money should never be an argument, just an accounting of fact.

https://www.creativelive.com/courses/money-management-couples-robyn-crane

You've got to figure out who you both are.
>>
>>1020091
>take care of her emotions
what do you mean by that? Take care as in save her from her irrational self, don't be a push-over husband? Or take care as in be a provider and support her emotional needs?
>>
>>1020123
Her emotions are her emotions, good bad irrational rational, the lizard brain doesn't care. The lizard brain wants food and dick and hates being scared. Also it has selective hearing.

Healthy amounts of good quality Saturated fat to keep hormones stable, sufficient orgasms to keep her cooing and snugly, and dig into what really scares her and why. Most often its just being calm when she's upset and saying let it out, you're in it for the long haul and can hear whatever she has to say.

Also a lot of emotions have to do with what she's eating. Its very important to go through the eat, fuck, and talk it out checklist.
If you've got to fuck angry, fuck angry.

If its the rare occasion when you're dealing with something higher on Maslow's list consider yourself blessed.
>>
>>1020139
Wise chinaman.
>>
>>1019958

Did something similar.
Worked out total monthly expenses + extra for emergency (paid monthly).
Each pay deposit our share of expenses to joint account.
Worked great. As we made more money our expenses didn't change. So we agreed to put extra onto homeloan. Eg extra 600 per month each. Loan was dissapearing quick.
>>
>>1019961
That sounds horrible.
>>
>>1020091
>https://www.creativelive.com/courses/money-management-couples-robyn-crane
why did I watch that from beginning to end?
>>
>>1019937
When I met my fiance, we each had our own house and material possessions. I sold my house earlier this year, netted about $49,000 from the sale which I'm putting towards starting a business in January 2017. I sold a lot of my things and moved in with her.

It's her house still, she pays the mortgage and I pay about $7500 a year which goes towards property, school, and other taxes, shared utilities for the year, and a little extra profit for her.

We each buy our own groceries, pay for our own cell phone bills, and take turns paying when we go out to eat. We file taxes individually. I cleared $105,000 for the year, she pulled about $60,000. I like how our set up is.
>>
Married with kids here. I work full time, kids part-time, her kids full-time, works part-time.

We used to keep shit separate and write checks back and forth.

We combined accounts and since it's been wonderful. No more tit-for-tat bullshit and emotionally it's a breeze; I don't think about money often at all. We're on the same page though about what is necessary and what is excessive. I think less about what I'm paid at work as well. Instead of pinching my salary pennies, if I feel uncomfortable financially, I look for new jobs and get them.

Also, we're just above median income for this city, which is still a struggle. We still argue a lot, but not about money.

Oh and RE prostitution, she has an insatiable appetite which I can't keep up with, despite having a high libido. I...I guess I kind of feel like a prostitute ;_;
>>
>>1019937
We use roughly the same amount of electricity/water/heating/internet, so we keep it 50%.

We use accounting software to keep good track of every single coin we have, and a couple times a month we talk about our finances and study them together to make sure everything´s going according to our plan. We keep our finances separated for clarity of view, but we´re well aware of what the other one is doing and consult each other before any major spending or financial decision. Also tell each other about small spendings because we like to share with each other.

She lived on her own income before I met her, still does, and she seems to shudder at the idea of not being able to survive by herself.

I do, but mostly because it comes naturally to me. As said above, we both record our spendings and every couple weeks we sit down to study our situation and make sure everything´s going according to plan. We don´t fight over money - if there´s a problem, then we have a problem, and our focus is in solving it together, rather than in trying to be right. We´ve have some pretty strong fights about other stuff which might be considered tangentially related to money, but we´ve always found a good solution or a better alternative.

Marriage in the first world culture is a social construct with a very complicated history. I don´t think "legalized prostitution" quite cuts it.

>>1020012
We´ll probably switch to that later on, but right now we´re keeping it divided because it helps us keep track of our own businesses´ progress. It´s already complicated to follow all those numbers - if we smashed them together in a single bank account, then we´d have to manually split them to see clearly how´s it all doing. Think of it as letting the bank work for us.

>>1020091
>>1020139
This too. She was such a fucking trainwreck before I arrived and now she´s a very focused and competent woman.

Women are emotional leeches. Be rock solid and they´ll follow suit.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.