[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FULL TIME JOB = NO TIME??

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 2

File: ha_ha_time_for_4chan.jpg (46KB, 350x447px) Image search: [Google]
ha_ha_time_for_4chan.jpg
46KB, 350x447px
how do you deal with having a full time job. Let me explain- i'm working in an office, the job is great. low stress, great money, I like the work.

but now **I don't have any time left!** I just wish there were more hours in the day cause I get home from work and want to do a whole bunch of other stuff too but the job is taking up my whole life.

i can't be the only one who feels this way. what do you guys think about this? do you get used to it after a while? im not planning on quitting or anything but I want to know about how people with full time jobs deal with and manage not having any time for themselves.
>>
>>1019138
Ayyyyy you got it. This is the rest of your life.
>>
Save up money then have time off.

However there are people who are willing to not have time off and companies will obviously favour these people.
>>
>>1019138
Sleep less. Browse 4chan less. Complain less.
>>
>>1019157
Depends, IBM won't let you save up time off (it all resets on January 1) so that mentality doesn't even show up in the record books. I guess they got tired of people burning out.

Now if only they didn't keep hiring Indian coders.
>>
>>1019163
Did you maintain the Mcresource site by chance? The phrase "complain less" to a literal slave sends shivers up my spine.

OP your time is up. You fucked up thinking honest work is fulfilling and now your whole life is being stolen from you. You are entrapped.

Enjoy not being able to slow down until you start shitting your pants again and wasting all your time on earth serving your masters :D
>>
I used to feel the same.

Then I got married

Then I had a kid

Second child is coming now

You learn to manage your time way better. It still is the same suck, but you accomplish more at the end of the day. Mostly things you don't want to do but, uh...who needs most of the shit you're attached to anyway. Rest when you need to, however.
>>
>>1019138
How do you run out of time? 8 hours work per day + 6 hours sleep per night leaves 50 hours per week plus weekends and holidays. The fuck are you doing with that?
>>
>>1019138

You get used to it. It becomes easier. I once watched a prison doc where the inmate was talking about 'learning how to do time' and thought to myself 'wow that sounds exactly like my job.' The best way to cope for me is to stack dolla dolla bills yall and plan my early retirement/creating a business. If you know you only need to do this for ten years then it somehow is less of a burden on the heart.
>>
>>1019138

Yeah it sucks. IDK how anyone does it.

I work like 30 hours a week, and I don't even always have time to get everything done.

The only think I can think of, is to get a wife. or subcontract out a lot of things: maid, laundry, grocery pickup, etc...
>>
>>1019206
Cooking, dishes, commute, cleaning, showering, groceries, PT combine to take about half that, plus I sleep for 7 hours.
>>
>>1019219
>Implying women do any of those things in 2015
She already owns your financial assets, why would she listen to a thing you say? Because she loves you? That's dead after 3 years, then it's just familiarity.
>>
>>1019206
Plus one hour lunch break where you scarf your food down and get back to work, 6 hours isn't enough sleep most people need 7 or 8 to function, driving to and from work, sitting in traffic, bathing, cooking dinner, taking a dump, running errands, suddenly it's nowhere near 50 hours
>>
>>1019138

I'm biding my time for promotion to supervisor because an 8 to 4 job five days a week is no big .
>>
>>1019219
I work full time at a factory 48 hrs a week
I workout
I work a side biz trying to escape 9-5 for 10 hrs a week

What are you doing?
>>
>>1019138
Change to a part time job and find a cheaper living situation. Problem solved.
>>
>>1019284
Your wife while you're out.
>>
>>1019138

I work 3 jobs. 1 full time and 2 part times.
I've been doing this for over 5 years i think.
What i do is I work my ass off for 11 months and go on vacation for a month. but then again i'm single so my situation is far different from those that have families.
>>
>>1019294
BERBLINGA!
>>
http://captaincapitalism.blogspot.com/2013/05/why-you-should-aspire-to-be-security.html
>>
>>1019152
Exactly. This is your life now.

You can also save up the extra money you earned and start your own business venture.

It's harder than it sounds babe
>>
Welcome to the horror story know as working a 9-5
>>
>>1019138
I sleep 4 hours a night. Take naps during break/lunch. I also work two jobs and feel like I have plenty of time. How much do you sleep? Do waste your time with video games/tv if so then cut that shit out.
>>
>>1019138
That's why I welcome job automation.

>>1019204
>stockholm syndrome
>>
>>1019392
Thanks for this
>>
over time you learn to manage better but thats just how it is. its a choice you make, you sacrifice time to make money. if you want more time(like part time work instead of full time) you will usually have to get by with less money. just figure out your priorities and go with what you think is right.
>>
>>1019138
There's plenty of time even with a full-time job. Let's say it's 8-5 with a 30-minute commute each way. So you get home at 5:30 p.m. Unless you have to deal with getting kids up and ready, an hour is plenty of time to get ready in the morning, so you set your alarm for 6:30 a.m. Seven hours of sleep a night is just about right, so you want to regularly be asleep by 11:30 p.m. Maybe you're like me and need some time to fall asleep, so you go to bed at 11 p.m. That gives you 5 1/2 hours every night to make dinner, accomplish things at home, and have a social life or recreational time. Plus 17 waking hours each day of the weekend. You're looking at a bit over 60 hours of discretionary time a week.

That's plenty of time, provided you use your time well. Of course, there are plenty of ways to not use your time well, and I'm not just making a joke about 4chan. Trips to a laundromat are awful -- make sure you have a place with your own washer and dryer. You'll still have to do your laundry, but you don't have to sit and wait for a load to wash and dry -- you can do other household work while the washer and dryer run.

Commuting is another time suck. Every six minutes of one-way commute is an hour a week wasted. That 30-minute one-way commute is five hours a week. I have a short enough commute that I can go home for lunch, take a little bit of time with my meal, and have some time to spare. (Let's call it 12 minutes to spare per lunch break. That's an extra hour a week that I get to decide what to do.)
>>
>>1019195
>being paid well to work an ordinary full time job
>literal slave
Choose one.
>>
>>1019206
>Grocery shopping
>Commute
>Cleaning
>Showering and personal hygiene tasks
>Cooking
>Errands and miscellaneous tasks

Also, you conveniently left out the lunch hour most of us have to take. You may not be working, but it's still another hour that you have to bullshit with coworkers you hate in the cafeteria instead of being able to rest at home.
>>
>>1019138
Its not even about having no time. Its about having no energy after focusing on work for 8+ hours

If you work a job that is busy year round then you're basically fucked. If you have slow weeks/months then you learn to try to take advantage of that. But yeah, it isn't easy. Good luck
>>
>>1020392
Does your work allow you to work through lunch?
How long does shopping take? Do you shop more than three or four times a month? If so, why, you idiot?

I have the feeling I've just granted you a couple of hours.
>>
File: income_inequality_chart3.jpg (35KB, 588x442px) Image search: [Google]
income_inequality_chart3.jpg
35KB, 588x442px
>>1019138
Are you an Amerifag? If yes then you can either dedicate the rest of your life to making the 1% richer while you get the scraps or you can move into a real country where you have rights and the oligopoly's interests aren't the only thing that matters.
>>
>>1019216
Haha good one mate
>>
>>1019356
Where do you work that lets you go on vacay for a month?
>>
Welcome to being an adult, you will also find you have less and less in common with people on 4chan. Learn better time management and eventually you realize the things you used to spend your free time on don't interest you as much.
>>
>>1020535
butthurt expat detected
>>
>>1020421
>Does your work allow you to work through lunch?
No, they require all full-time employees to take an hour lunch.

>How long does shopping take? Do you shop more than three or four times a month? If so, why, you idiot?
For just grocery shopping, it's about one hour a week I'd say (time from leaving my house to getting back and putting the shit away). But that also doesn't include any other shopping I have to do (from stopping for gas to buying a miscellaneous electronic item I need that week). So the total shopping time expenditure per week is probably around 1.5-2 hours a week.

I also forgot to mention time needed to work out and laundry time (including time needed to put the shit away) in my original post.
>>
>>1020421
I was having trouble because I never had enough money neither enough time for anything.

Instead of focusing on the shit I wanted to get done, I focused on studying my schedule and habits.

After two or three rather unproductive months, I´ve foudn and addressed some problems and now I´ve got 200€ and nearly 120 hours more month.

One of the main offenders was the food. Now I spend way less time shopping and cooking, and at the same time I´m eating healthier than before for about 60-70% of the money I was spending before on groceries. 50% if we don´t count the money "wasted" in ice cream and other unnecessary stuff.

Instead of trying to push everything aside to make room for what you need, focus on the everything and see what can you do to save time and money.

Cooking and eating healthy is ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSE. It takes less time to make a salad than to make a burger, or even to order it online and then attend the delivery boy. I like to cook and don´t mind to spend three hours in the kitchen making something nice for me and my girlfriend, but for my daily routine I´d rather cook something simple and quick. So I learnt some simple yet delicious and well packed recipes that I can prepare in <20 minutes, and ideally <10. Soups usually take longer, but the actual work time is cutting and regulating heat/moving it a couple times. So still <20 minutes, you just let it sit on the kitchen for two hours if necessary. If you´re really fucked because work schedule, consider cooking, packing and freezing your whole week on Sunday. Then you just need to unfreeze, or unfreeze and microwave and take with you to eat later at work. Done properly you keep flavor and texture, and you´re still saving a lot of money and time.

Seriously, focus on your life first. Most people are inefficient as fuck, and a 2 minutes delay in something you do every day will cost you an hour a month. Like veggies? Learn to cut them properly and fast. Bam, five minutes saved daily.
>>
>>1020563

For just grocery shopping, it's about one hour a week I'd say (time from leaving my house to getting back and putting the shit away). But that also doesn't include any other shopping I have to do (from stopping for gas to buying a miscellaneous electronic item I need that week). So the total shopping time expenditure per week is probably around 1.5-2 hours a week.

>I also forgot to mention time needed to work out and laundry time (including time needed to put the shit away) in my original post.

What sort of miscellaneous electronic items a week do you need if you, as you say, have no time to use it?

Also working out is doing something outside of work. It sounds like you just don't know how to manage your time. You can't even understand how you're currently managing it.
>>
>>1019138
Forex trade eat pizza play dota2. I make trap music but I do that for free nobody buys music audio engineering is worst career choice ever
>>
>>1019138
suck it up and go to work, faggot
>>
>>1020572
>What sort of miscellaneous electronic items a week do you need if you, as you say, have no time to use it?
That was just an example. Sometimes it could be a miscellaneous electronic item. Sometimes it could be a gift I need to get for someone's birthday. Sometimes it could be item X I need to get for occasion Y. Point is, there's usually something besides groceries that I need to get each week.

>Also working out is doing something outside of work.
No shit, but it's still something that needs to be done and thus eats into the time I have available to do recreational and relaxing activities.

>It sounds like you just don't know how to manage your time. You can't even understand how you're currently managing it.
Okay, mister expert, care to tell how you'd fit in everything I listed while stuck at work 50 hours a week (9 hours working and an hour lunch per day), 7 hours a week in commute (takes a little over an hour each day) and sleeping at least 6 hours a night?
>>
That's why I became a daytrader.
>>
>>1020621
Was actually thinking of starting a thread slightly related to that. Recently had an accident and i'm bed ridden for quite a while, wanted to do something to earn money online and that seems to be the best route. I'm in ireland so i can't join any of the american online accounts but i think i can use Forex. Any tips you could give? What did you start with? How much have you made? How long did it take?
>>
Work from home. I am literally in bed naked making 60ish an hour.
>>
>>1020617
By your own estimate that leaves the hours a day. You're just bad at managing your time. And for fucks sake an hour commute? End yourself
>>
>>1019206
>6 hours sleep

That ain't healthy
>>
>>1020752
How?
>>
>>1020851

he must be some kind of camwhore
>>
>>1020845

Depends on the person, I know of some people who can easily subside on 4 hours of sleep.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.