[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How screwed am I?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: 4L_H35wD3CU.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
4L_H35wD3CU.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>18
>just recently dropped out of high school because I hate it
>Don't plan on going to college until I have the money in full because no student loans for the rest of my life
>making $350 a week after taxes as a contractor (manual labor) with a family member
>Only paying $150 a month for electricity since I live with girlfriend and her obese mom
>crummy car but I passed emissions with no service errors today so I don't think it'll explode any time soon
I plan on saving money until I can buy a tow-camper and resell it for more and continue doing that until I can buy property.

How screwed am I, financially for the future?
>>
>>1017614
-Don't go to college.
-Learn Java Web Application Development
-Make a web app that people like
-Profit
>>
>>1017614
>>1017616
Or do this with Mobile dev, same difference. You can learn all of this shit online.
>>
>dropping out in your final year
>if this was recent you only had half a year left
>if you're American you could've had them hold your hand till graduation

You're pretty fucked cause you're pretty fucking retarded.
>>
>>1017616
>>1017617

Shut up

Learn a skilled trade and do it in your spare time for cash (I did upholstery). Learn finance from the kahn academy

Everything you make in your spare time invest into things you can turn profits on work your way up...
>>
>>1017628
Please leave. No one gives a fuck about your shit upholstery wage slavery. This is how not to do it.
>>
>>1017626
Decided this before school started.
I don't do homework.
Would've failed anyways.
C's don't earn credits.
>>
>>1017670
>C's don't earn credits
Yes they do.
A 65 is all you need.
>>
>>1017614
>how financially fucked am I

Relatively safe if you go finish your degree.
>>
>>1017676
>what is true for my geographic location is true for the whole world
In my state it's 70%
Not OP but it could be higher for him

OP you're still an idiot
>>
>>1017670
I hardly passed high school. C average, below 3 point gpa. When i was failing the school modified all of my work to force pass me. Literally half a year of missed homework turned into a packet i got done in a week.

The system is too easy to take advantage of. If you think you'll go to college with your attitude you won't, trust me.

People like you are better off learning a skilled trade, like being an electrician. It'll force your ass out of bed every morning to earn a paycheck.

Imo, don't take the advice of these fags who tell you to learn to code and then design shitty websites and apps. Yes it's income, but if you dropped out because its2hard then you'll probably have issues meeting deadlines with your clients and rolling out new features, patches etc.

If you dont believe me, trust me. I know people who have gone down the route and fucked it up. Now theyre in debt to investors.
>>
>>1017683
where are you where a C is below 70%
>>
Also buying things and reselling it for more money is petty. My dads like that. He used to always go to flee markets buying shit, and reselling it.

You don't make money that way. Go to a flee market and look around. Everyone is so very pathetic. You're better off getting a career asap.
>>
I don't feel bad for OP, American public high school at least is dumb easy and dropping out is for people with actual mental disorders.

The worst is that he's not sorry about it.
>>
>>1017614
>paying $9 per pound for meat from an asian grocery store
probably a mutt.
>>
>>1017641

I bet ive made more money sewing than you have making the "new big app" for 99 cents

Skilled trades never die
>>
>>1017691
>senior year
>architectural design
>teacher doesn't give a shit
>chick shows up every day for the first 2 weeks, ditches every day after that
>fast forward to last week of the semester
>she talks to the teacher about all the work that she's missed
>"don't worry bout it"
>gives her a B+
>>
File: 18236428035.jpg (90KB, 702x741px) Image search: [Google]
18236428035.jpg
90KB, 702x741px
>>1017614
screwed af. sorry bro better luck next spawn.
but forreal find something that you love, can be an expert in, and make money off of.
>>
>>1017691
>People like you are better off learning a skilled trade, like being an electrician. It'll force your ass out of bed every morning to earn a paycheck.

This basically. My dad was a high school dropout, got his GED in his 20's. Then went to community college for an electrical program.

He makes about 70k/yr in a small town. Union journeyman/master electrician can make over 100k/yr. Even more if you're a foreman.
>>
>>1017696
C's are at least 70%, but anything below 70% (such as 65%) is not passing.
Also, suburbia, metro Atlanta
>>
>>1017780
>C's are at least 70%, but anything below 70% (such as 65%) is not passing.
isn't the standard that anything below 60% is failing (being an F?)
>>
op, thought i'd give you advice as well, if you get to know any sort of other things like a tow camper pretty well you can go on your local craigslist or craigslist like site and sell those sorts of things and make like 200-300 bucks depending on the deals you can find.

my dad does that sometimes when he feels like it
>>
>>1017863

Depends on where you live.
>>
>>1017697

Exactly

OP this is what you call an average "Craigslist Joe".

Someone that thinks doing this for a living is smart.

That's why I always say not to deal with thrift stores in eBay threads. You'll end up becoming a business bum.
>>
I have a friend that's in a similar situation, helped him get his license the other day seeing he really doesn't even know where to start in life.

I was ask myself what I'd do if I lost everything right now, house fire out of nowhere. Bank acc mismatch that ends up making me lose all my monies. etc

I'd just take the change in my pocket to the nearest mall to apply for jobs while my clothes are still clean. You can't say no one is hiring when you haven't even applied throughout a fucking mall full of shops. Then I'd use the money to live in a shared apt until I got back on my feet to rebuild.
>>
>>1017895

Or I'd just take the bus to my mom's place desu senpai, lol but for you.

you should try getting more than one job. Think of what to do while scanning those groceries.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.