[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Volume Burst

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Pluto+Volume+3+06.png (567KB, 420x670px) Image search: [Google]
Pluto+Volume+3+06.png
567KB, 420x670px
I'm a newb and have been lurking for a few months. Could anyone explain what a volume burst is in very simple terms?
>>
>>1015391
Cmon guys
Pls
Pls!
>>
Please!
............Please!
.....Please!

Please Respond!
>>
No one is responding because I'm not sure that a "Volume burst" exists. I've never heard of it and have been in Finance/Investing 10+ years.

If it is a thing that I have never heard of I would guess that it's when something is being sold in high volume, then all of a sudden the demand for it drops meaning that the volume suddenly decreases.

Not sure though, if it's not searchable on the internet it's probably not a thing though.
>>
>>1015391
You probably mean a volume increase.

If you see a sharp increase in volume, that means that the shares are sold/bought rapidly, this signals a potential end of a trend.

If the price is falling, but the volume is low it has a stagnate behaviour. However if you see a sharp increase of volume, that means that the stock is being traded in a greater amount, which can lead to; if sold, a price decrease - if bought, a price increase.
>>
>>1015479
When this does happen, does the stock rise significantly? Is there any way to predict when such a thing will occur?
>>
>>1015483
Ok that cleared it up quite a bit. So just to be clear, one can't tell whether a stock's price will go up or down due to a high volume? And this is due to the fact that the high volume simply means it's being sold or bought at a quick rate?
>>
>>1015483
You wouldn't refer to volume increase as a "volume burst" though. A burst generally means a sharp decline.

>>1015484
Demand falls when either a better alternative becomes available, the product is no long required or perhaps the company has a bad news story. Lots of reasons that you can read up on with a simple Google search - If you are interesting in investing (I'm assuming you're not already by the basic questions) then you need to learn to be able to learn by yourself so I won't give youo all the answers here.

As demand falls stock generally falls with it.

To predict you have to look at the sector that the business is in, what are emerging technologies, how will this affect the product/service? You can't predict exactly when but you can often forsee several factors that lead you to believe that demand will be falling.

A non-stock example is the "Draw Something" app. Absolutely massive in the UK at least for a few weeks, everyone playing it, then a week later it disappeared as every started playing the next app.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.