[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

settling for less

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 1404956560530.png (92KB, 500x550px) Image search: [Google]
1404956560530.png
92KB, 500x550px
Anyone here ever settle for less than what they *couldve* achieved?
>me
>22
>Bachelors in Accounting
>sucked ass, GPA hovers 2.5
>Never got internship in big4
>luckly I got a 50k government job
>its still ait
>mfw I make as much as my parents at 22
>W-win?
>>
In some capacity, we all settle for less.
>>
wow your parents are really poor son
>>
>>1014560
I hate to sound like /pol/ but you're getting the red pill effect.

only a small percentage get the job/life they want. Despite whatever contrarian says they know (but lying to themselves) that life is about compromise.

It's easy to say everything is attainable and so is writing ideas on web forum. And you're only 22 you dumb faggot you have plenty of time.
>>
>>1014560
If making as much as your parents is what you want then it is a win.What did you want? Rich and famous?
>>
>>1014560
>Be 26
>Had Bs throughout highschool and college
>Don't care about getting super rich, just want to have close friends and hang out a lot
>Landed an 80k/year job in slave labor software shit
>33% higher than my life goal (parents set low opinion of wage potential)
>Still won't have an unallocated dollar until I'm 31
>All my friends make pennies, they live paycheck to paycheck and grow distant, won't take my advice
>Settle for workmates that sometimes send me some funny picture on fb but don't share interests or sense of humor

I knew it was lonely at the top, but why the fuck is it lonely at the middle too.
>>
What "could" have happened is irrelevant. If you're happy where you are, great. If you aren't, try to change it.
>>
>>1014560

Didn't they check your grades, anon?

Also, why did you sucked ass?

I dropped out of accounting after 2 years...
>>
>>1014636
Know that feel.
>>
File: 1323214925002.jpg (29KB, 333x477px) Image search: [Google]
1323214925002.jpg
29KB, 333x477px
>CPA
>can do data science, programming, BI etc.
>could make $100k with my background
>have a comfy job where I do almost nothing for $80k
>dont want to risk getting a hard job
>>
>>1014636
Mhmmm I know the feel man
>>
>be in high school
>parents tell me to focus on school instead of taking a part-time job because they have no moniez and I'll have to take out loans
>proceed to take a shitload of college classes
>get into college
>receive 60 credits for the college classes I took
>rush to graduate in a year and a half with a B.S. (statistics) at barely 19 years of age with minimal debt
>very quickly realize my complete lack of relevant work experience renders me unemployable for any sort of career straight out of college
>end up with a mediocre market research job that doesn't pay very well
>can't get into grad school because I sacrificed the quality of my grades in order to take a massive course load

I feel like I got punished for working hard to avoid taking on an extra $50k in debt desu senpai
>>
You're not white, are you?
>>
File: 1450938083727.jpg (21KB, 174x231px) Image search: [Google]
1450938083727.jpg
21KB, 174x231px
>be me
>choosing where to go for undergrad
>get accepted into eecs at berkeley and cs program at state university
>choose to go to state school because US news ranking says the state cs program is still top 10 and want to save my parents money
>also afraid of getting fucked at berkeley
>go to state school
>the program isnt as great as advertised
>no one outside of cs recruiting knows the name of the school
>only do mediocre at state school
>realize im not crazy about cs, but state school is only ok at everything besides cs
>realize i shouldve listened to everyone and gone to berkeley

Gatdam pham some days I think about it and get all regretful and shit
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.