[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the most demanded freelance web dev/programming skill?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 1439757356088.jpg (25KB, 403x403px) Image search: [Google]
1439757356088.jpg
25KB, 403x403px
What's the most demanded freelance web dev/programming skill?
>>
>>1013293
Hang on I have an infographic
>>
File: 1450293778158.png (1010KB, 2000x2210px) Image search: [Google]
1450293778158.png
1010KB, 2000x2210px
>>1013293
>>
File: forty-keks.jpg (9KB, 220x200px) Image search: [Google]
forty-keks.jpg
9KB, 220x200px
>>1013306
This graphic is fucking shit
>thisiswhatpythonfagsbelieve.png
>C++ is harder than C
>Thinks C# = enterprise software
>Shilling for his (probably python) classes
>No mention of Assembler, Fortran, or COBOL, the language most legacy enterprise business software is actually written in
>No mention of Perl or other more modern languages that people actually use
>Probably just excluding all the languages he doesn't know how to teach and pretending those don't exist
>Those starting salaries

Learning to program is like riding a bicycle. Once you know how to do it the language you code in (the bike you are riding) doesn't really matter and you can pick up new languages in weeks.
>>
>>1013422
>>Those starting salaries
They aren't starting salaries bruh

>Fortran, or COBOL
Would you really advise anyone learn these if they had to learn just language?
>>
App development
>>
>>1013306
>muh python
>>
>>1013429
>Would you really advise anyone learn these if they had to learn just language?
Do they want a job? People will throw money at you if you know those languages.
>>
Architect. Company I work ($2bn value), cannot hire these fast, or for long enough. We throw huge $$ at them. We are among many, many other corporates fighting for the same limited talent
>>
>>1013451
they are dinosaur languages from 50s its obvious the systems still using it will be replaced anytime soon
>>
>>1013470
>replaced anytime soon
That's what they said in the 70s... and the 80s and the 90s and the 00s. Yet here we are and 50% of all code running at major finance and engineering companies is in COBOL.
>>
So I just read some stackexchange on COBOL jobs

More or less, if you want a job maintaining legacy code for a large institution, COBOL is fine and the salaries are decent. If you want to learn something useful for new enterprises or new projects, don't bother.
>>
>>1013470
That's not how it works, man. They don't tear down and rebuild roads just because there are better ways of mixing concrete, they wait for a major failure instead.
>>
>>1013466

Why is that? Is there a lack of creative, analytical people? I knew one guy that was doing it and it seemed like he was doing art classes along with calculus or some shit.
>>
CAN YOU FUCKERS READ?

op is a fag but he specifically said "freelance"
Working for a company to maintain or improve long term code base != freelance

I would agree with app development, a lot of fools need code monkeys to make what they think will be the next angry birds.
In addition, a new trend is resumes on a webpage, or a personal .me domain to show off to employers etc. You could make these pretty easily and scam off people who don't want to do it themselves.
As always, wordpress and other bogging platforms are in demand. "Search engine optimization" is a big buzzword so make sure to throw that in somewhere.
>>
>>1013422
Developer here stfu
>>
>>1013422
>>C++ is harder than C
It is... C has a handful of keywords and is very easy to learn and use.

C++ is a lifelong learning experience.

>>Thinks C# = enterprise software
It is.

>>Shilling for his (probably python) classes
I guess

>>No mention of Assembler, Fortran, or COBOL, the language most legacy enterprise business software is actually written in
>People writing in assembly
Are you autistic lmao

>>No mention of Perl or other more modern languages that people actually use
Do you even program? Perl is an outdated language, replaced by Python and Ruby. Not "modern" in any way.

>>Probably just excluding all the languages he doesn't know how to teach and pretending those don't exist
More like includes languages people actually hire for, particularly major companies and startups.

>>Those starting salaries
Says average salary, probably includes Google and Silicon Valley though.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.