[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /biz/, First year commerce student checking in. Still unsure

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: 1450648665486.jpg (2MB, 1345x1450px) Image search: [Google]
1450648665486.jpg
2MB, 1345x1450px
Hey /biz/,
First year commerce student checking in. Still unsure what to specialize in, b/c I like everything I study so far. I was told these books would teach me a lot and help me understand what I want more. What book would you recommend I start with? Is there more must read literature that is not on here?
>>
Also got a side question. It seems to me that one of the most important skills in business is talking to people and whatnot; anything I could do to further better myself in that field?
Thanks!
>>
File: 1ee.jpg (163KB, 490x369px) Image search: [Google]
1ee.jpg
163KB, 490x369px
>>1007769
>karl marx
>starting a business for dummies
>>
>>1007784
you'll also notice it contains the likes of Hazlitt and Schiff who are basically AnCaps, the polar opposite of Marxists economically

you gotta include every school of thought. I'm supposed that Keynes or Krugman aren't on there
>>
File: 1397402095265.jpg (19KB, 700x479px) Image search: [Google]
1397402095265.jpg
19KB, 700x479px
>>1007881
are you trying to imply marxism actually works in any way shape or form?

Your list looks like some faggot just found a bunch of books and made a collage out of them, even though the quality of most of them are complete trash. Marxism is cancer for an economy. Karl Marx never worked a single day in his life and wrote books talking about redistribution of wealth.

get that shit off my board you commie faggot
>>
>>1007894
Capital =/= The Communist Manifesto

Marx, while not necessarily being a true economist literally defined economics, taking ideas that Smith idealized and contextualizing them. Not even a joke, most of the fundamentals of how money and commodities are used in the markets can be attributed to Marx.

But you wouldn't know that because you just regurgitate arguments that you don't actually understand and are not even applicable to this conversation.
>>
>>1007924
prove it faggot
>>
File: Photo on 2015-12-09 at 2.05 AM.jpg (150KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
Photo on 2015-12-09 at 2.05 AM.jpg
150KB, 1080x720px
>>1007769
>newfag
>>
>>1007769
Don't study commerce study engineering its the best subject because you can still take all the commerce type jobs but also keeps several other fields open
>>
Some real shitty books on there, looks like they were just trying to fill up the chart with any old shit. Just look up reading lists of successful people in your field OP and read all the big recs
>>
>>1008257
what are the good ones on that list? what should scrub out of my reading list?
>>
File: image.jpg (626KB, 1939x1384px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
626KB, 1939x1384px
>>1008401
Staring with any one of these is cool I guess. I haven't read them all though.
>>
>>1008401
By if you want some out of that list:
I Will Teach You To Be Rich- pretty good, tells you exactly how to get your inances automated and in order but too American for me. Overall good starter
Four pillars of investment - great, has done his research. Has his own recommended reading list which overlap with some here. Read that too.
Think an grow rich- not good and not reall practical advice, read 7 habits instead.
Richest man in babylon- very simple and nice, but too basic advice. Ok to start here
Doesn't matter where you start, just start.
>>
>>1008076
nigga u ugly as fuck
>>
>>1008408
>>1008405

Right now I've started with the Intelligent investor. Do I need to know advance macro econ and have good quantitative analysis for sound investing?
>>
>Zero to One
>4 Hour Work Week
There's an MBA for you. You're welcome.
>just google "how to commit suicide the fastest"
There's an accounting and finance degree for you. You're welcome.
>>
>>1008750

Read Zero to One and watched all of the lectures peter does on the book on Youtube. 10/10 must read for startups
>>
>>1008750

Is 4 hour work week really as useful as its pricetag?
>>
>>1008730
Know your shit whenever it comes to probabilities and statistics, then you can move on to attempting to understand the markets.

All of those books that talk about "mindsets" and shit are dumb for investing. Fill your head with concrete knowledge whenever it comes to attempting to apply your skill set to the market.

That means you should try to stick with textbooks and papers from people who are at the top of their field.
>>
>>1008828

What statistical concepts are most useful? I took AP stats in HS, but I doubt constructing a double-blind testing schema doesn't sound too useful. Modeling? Secondly what are some good resources to find these papers and textbooks?
>>
>>1008796

You can probably find it used at a pretty decent price, but it's great. An alternative would be "Choose Yourself" by James Altucher. The real value in those two books is that they introduced me to Ferriss and Altucher's blogs, podcasts and other content which is also great.
>>
What are /biz/'s thoughts on Art of the Deal by Trump? I have never read it, but hear that it's actually a good book with some useful info in it. Is this true, or is it simply being talked about because Trump is popular right now?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.