[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why doesn't everyone just buy the stocks that buffet does?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: 1450595228603.png (99KB, 299x236px) Image search: [Google]
1450595228603.png
99KB, 299x236px
Why doesn't everyone just buy the stocks that buffet does?
>>
>>1007047
Just think about your question for a minute and ask what could go wrong
>>
>>1007047
It is more expensive than buying straight away his Berkshire Hathaway, and the stock price of Berkshire Hathaway is too expensive for everyone on /biz.
>>
Some do.
>>
File: screencap.png (24KB, 1327x301px) Image search: [Google]
screencap.png
24KB, 1327x301px
>>1007047
Because he can't even beat the S&P. Also keep in mind that the stock will drop 20% after he dies due to his meme status. Nah man I'd rather stick to muh vanguard.
>>
>>1007179
>what is BRK.B
>>
File: BRK.B.png (31KB, 1323x307px) Image search: [Google]
BRK.B.png
31KB, 1323x307px
>>1007195
>>what is BRK.B
A stock that is almost perfectly correlated to BRK.A?
>>
>>1007047
Buffett hasn't invested in years, he's simply an advisor to the investors at BRK
>>
>warren buffet has invested 24% of his 100 billion dollar portfolio in WFC
>>
>>1007206
he invested last year dumbass
>>
File: KbhsfAR.png (57KB, 670x590px) Image search: [Google]
KbhsfAR.png
57KB, 670x590px
Because Berkshire has an insurance float with a combined ratio < 100, which are a turbo charger to returns.

That being said, mimicking BRK's portfolio would still give great returns compared to SPY.

Pic related.
>>
>>1007179
>too expensive for everyone on /biz
Right, because it's $130 a share.
>>
>>1008119
No the class A is 110k
>>
>>1008125
Who said anything about class A?
>>
>>1007236
Is that like 45,000% vs ~5000%?
>dam son
>>
>>1007236
how? according to the pic above i thought he was barely beating s&p
>>
>>1008133
The timeframes don't overlap at all.
>>
>>1007207
>mfw I own WFC stock
>>
Twenty hours into the thread, and not a single one of you retards actually knows what Berkshire Hathaway does, the kinds of investments they own, and therefore the answer to why everyone can't just buy the stocks that Buffett buys.

/biz/ never fails to disappoint.
>>
>>1008144
>not a single one of you retards actually knows what Berkshire Hathaway does
Mmmm, maybe we're just not spooging all over the place waiting to educate others.
>>
How are we suppose to know what stocks he buys? Why would he tell us and couldn't he lie?
>>
>>1008144

quit being a faggot.
for those that don't know, berkshire hathaway is involved in both public stocks and private subsidiaries. the later you can't buy, which is why this guys acting like a faggot

valid question that everyones asking still holds: why cant people just copy the publicly-traded stocks berkshire hathaway buys?
>>
>>1008151
>How are we suppose to know what stocks he buys?

you can literally google search for "warren buffett portfolio" to see it bruh.

>Why would he tell us and couldn't he lie?

>tell people what stocks you have
>people copy you
>people buy stocks in the companies you have stock in
>stock value goes up
>his investment appreciates in value
>he makes money

come on bruh.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.