[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lets try to get some quality content on /biz I'll start

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: U80gp7Cy_400x400.jpg (20KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
U80gp7Cy_400x400.jpg
20KB, 400x400px
Lets try to get some quality content on /biz

I'll start by contributing via answering your questions at all related to startups or business.

Background:

Went to College for roughly 2 years. had a GPA of 3.5 before I dropped and entered an elevator pitch competition run by the Collegiate Entrepreneur's Association (CEO) club. Long story short I qualified for nationals in Orlando. Had some investor interest but ended up dropping out. After about of semester of doing my own thing I got an internship at a startup which is now my full-time job. I'm basically the dream for most of /biz and I'll answer some questions on how I got here and how you can too.

Pic related (Me at Nationals)
>>
LOL replace Association with Organization. Lesson one, the combination of speed with iteration is more valuable than "a job done right the first time" in tech. Not enterprise tech though
>>
File: 420.jpg (26KB, 411x495px) Image search: [Google]
420.jpg
26KB, 411x495px
DOESNT FUCKING MATTER. DID YOU BUY ANY ASTI? IF NOT THEN GET THE FUCK OUT
>>
>>1006785

Nope, my investments are in my own ventures. I did by the inteligent investor today for some personal reading for when I'm ready to test the market. Although I'm tempted to just throw my money in some index funds, but that is trading in this is about startups / business ventures
>>
File: ijones.jpg (38KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
ijones.jpg
38KB, 600x300px
>>1006793

OH TOO BAD. YOU DIDNT INVEST IN SOME SHITTY PENNY STOCK FOR .0013 PER SHARE. YOU ARE AN UTTER FAILURE
>>
>>1006783
>no real assets
>no job
>self educated

Is it possible to buy into the sharemarket for 100 bucks?

Also how would I go about doing this
>>
>>1006810

If you only have 100 dollars you don't want to be looking into stocks. Not an investing expert either so not the best to answer. Try using it to buy something wholesale and sell it.
>>
>>1006821
I don't have the ability to transport said wholesale goods

>no assets
>no car
>>
Sounds like your only skills are elevating bullshit and faking it till ya make it

What are the best tips and tricks for elevator pitches and generally getting people to believe your bullshit?
>>
>>1006829
focus on saving for a car. One of the most valuable assets in America (IMO). Lots of applications and interview questions for unskilled labor jobs specifically inquire if you have a car of some sorts. Lots of people on /biz hate on jobs, but before you can make passive income you need income. You need a job. Period. Get on the score bored before you even think of investing
>>
>>1006783
Since when did AMA threads mean "ask me anything about my average entry level position at a startup?" What advice do you think you can possibly give being so young and inexperienced?
>>
>>1006839
Kek, I'm an Aussie mate, but yeah that's been my goal for a while now

Regardless of all this I think I will try throwing money at stocks and finding out what happens, maybe just 20 bucks to learn the ropes
>>
>>1006783
1) where are you working, if you cannot/will not answer, then what industry and what do you contribute?
2) did you always pitch the same product/idea?
3) what's the personal dynamic like at the startup? Do you need to appease people all the time, do you work as a team all day, do you go drinking after work?
>>
>>1006837

A lot of the time it can be. Consumer research is a great start. The more people you can get to take a survey regarding your product the better. Also conveying your relentlessly resourceful. Most startup investors don't invest in the original idea, but the person.
>>
>>1006845
1.) I'm not going to answer where I work exactly, but if you are diligent you can probably figure it out. I work in eSports / videogame industry

2.) At the pitch competition it was the same idea, but in all of my pitching it was not always the same idea, just the same industry

3.) The dynamic is really flexible. There is alot of drinking for sure. Definitely a work hard, play hard environment. We work in teams, but do a lot of cross-pollinating on projects. For example, I went from BD, to UA, to Product analysis in the span of 7-8 months of being there.
>>
>>1006842

I could probably help with insight on trying to get an average entry level position at a startup I suppose
>>
File: image.png (205KB, 791x652px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
205KB, 791x652px
>>1006783
>I'm basically the dream for most of /r9k/
Fixed that for you pham.
>>
>>1006871
I guess you think /biz/ has set a really low bar for themselves. Sadly, judging from the other threads you might be right.
>>
>>1006887

thnx senpai
>>
>>1006894

I'd say I'm pretty close for a millennial NEET
>>
>>1006868
cool, gratz
nah i'm not particularly interested in the details - don't worry, you don't have a stalker
>>
>an elevator pitch competition

what is this? I am in the health sector so I dont know if you are referring to trading or literal elevators.
>>
>>1007470
It probably took you longer to write this than to actually google "elevator pitch"...
>>
>>1007470

An elevator gets its name from having to pitch an investment Idea to someone you meet in the elevator. You have to get them interested in investing in 2-3 mins. A true elevator pitch is around 4-5 mins now and usually has questions afterwords. Its very specific to startups as many of them have to get VC funding and don't have a whole lot of hard data that investors can just look into.
>>
>>1006783
>Dropped out of higher education
>Didn't win a competition & dropped out of that
>Internship turned into full-time job
>Claims he is my dream

OK

Maybe go fuck yourself
>>
>>1006783
So do you have to pay for all your own insurance and stuff that most corporations would offer as benefits? I feel like working for a startup would just introduce so many more expenses that I could avoid in a corporate job or even graduate studies.
>>
>>1008121

Hey, one mans dream is another man's shithole
>>
>>1006783
>quality content
I snorted.
>>
>>1008135

Depends on the corporation and your job. Free catered lunch everyday. Any day we work we get free lunch (if work on weekends), free booze, we get a good insurance, We get all public transit reimbursed, bonuses pretty much every 2 mo (because we hit stretch goals). Only downside is our 401K doesn't match yet.
>>
>>1008142
Also, I have shares in the company that I essentially got for no cash investment with the potential to 100x to 200x return potential
>>
>>1008141

This is the quality I was looking for
>>
>>1006783
This isn't the dream, or if it is its fucking pathetic
>>
I'm living my own dream, faggot. I own my company, I have 300 employees, we do 8 figures in sales and growing.

Your dream is shit.
>>
>>1008176

such wow, much admire
>>
>>1006783
If Superman eats Popeye's spinach, what can he accomplish?
>>
>>1008178
Shave your fucking neckbeard and go back to /r9k/
>>
>>1008181

becomes immune to kryptonite
>>
>>1008183

thanks for the advice
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.