[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>get out of debt >living on a budget >avoiding credit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: dave_debtisdumb_ramsey.jpg (59KB, 600x899px) Image search: [Google]
dave_debtisdumb_ramsey.jpg
59KB, 600x899px
>get out of debt
>living on a budget
>avoiding credit
>living frugally
>have emergency savings
>invest income towards your retirement
>>
>Write a book about it
>Make millions.
>>
File: 1405242985132.jpg (17KB, 211x241px) Image search: [Google]
1405242985132.jpg
17KB, 211x241px
>>1006471
>live frugally your whole life so you could live even longer frugally

no thanks
>>
Reminder that the majority of the world's money exists as debt.

Reminder that it's a roundabout system that allows the wealthy to "invent" new money for themselves while systematically robbing regular people.
>>
>>1006471
Dave Ramsey is meant for people who don't understand how not to live paycheck to paycheck.

His advice is complete shit if you don't have that problem.
>>
>>1006481
>live frugally because nothing expensive is actually worth it and your hollow meaningless existence doesn't improve one iota
it's almost like you are a literal plebian
>>
>>1006486
>Dave Ramsey is meant for people who don't understand how not to live paycheck to paycheck.

Which is over 60% of Americans.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/most-americans-are-one-paycheck-away-from-the-street-2015-01-07

>His advice is complete shit if you don't have that problem.

I disagree but at the very least his rants on millennials in relation to car payments/financing are entertaining. Accurate too considering 70% of car purchases in the US are financed.
>>
>>1006947
Car financing in general is a reasonable idea (how else can you borrow at less than inflation?) but most people use it to buy an unnecessarily expensive ride which defeats the point

This is true of credit in general...
>>
>>1006951
>how else can you borrow
Buy it?

>This is true of credit in general...
We're talking Dave Ramsey here.
>>
>>1006471
The way to get rich is to make enough money that you can put some of it to work each month indefinitely for your own lazy ass.

Over time, that money you put away in some business or investment will start making you more money than the money you put in monthly. Then, in a while both those money inputs will produce yet another income stream greater than your own monthly investment! Then you're set and you just let it run.

It takes a minimum of 20 years in most cases and then, hopefully when you're an old fuck of 40, you'll be like a mini Warren Buffett.
>>
>>1006471
>get out of debt
Why? Assuming the interest doesnt fuck you over.

>avoiding credit
Why?

>living frugally
I aint wasting my one and only given life NEETing and eating bread loaf in my parents basement.
>>
>>1006951
While there needs to be people buying new cars, a used car is a far better deal

>previous owner takes the hit on deprecation
>nearly any vehicle made in the last 10 years will go for 150,000 miles with general maintenance and few repairs.
>a 4 year old car with 50,000 miles still has 2/3rds of its serviceable life for half the cost.

>>1006486
His fundamental message is good, but some people take it a bit too far.
>>
File: 1443101718615.png (1005KB, 1655x931px) Image search: [Google]
1443101718615.png
1005KB, 1655x931px
>>1007316
But you are wasting your one and only life towards being a wageslave to mr. Shekelstein and dealing with his bullshit.

I'd rather be a man free of any obligation, waking up naturally without alarm clock and using 100% of my time working on my own dreams, not someone else's.
>>
>>1007356
But you won't, basement dweller. You'll have rent to pay when mom kicks you out so she can finally fuck the mailmen in peace.
>>
>>1007362
Except this is not /r9k/ but a thread about people who get into early retirement through investing and frugal living.

Swing and a miss, buddy.
>>
>>1007356
>and using 100% of my time fapping on my own anime.
fixed
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.