[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lying on your Resume general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: Smiling-Man-7.jpg (192KB, 1700x1133px) Image search: [Google]
Smiling-Man-7.jpg
192KB, 1700x1133px
Lets discuss tips, tricks and stories of lying on our resumes, or "creatively exaggerating".

I know a lot of people on here are/were having some trouble finding jobs while in school or just freshly graduated so I think this would help a lot of people.
>>
>>1006103
I have interviews now at small investment management groups because I worked customer service at a bank. Except, I just took all work I was given, made a case study about things I sort of knew about and attached it to all of my applications.

When interviewed, I explained my role as a subset of that team. So I pretty much said I was a banker even though I was a teller.
>>
File: pK1Gn.gif (826KB, 480x247px) Image search: [Google]
pK1Gn.gif
826KB, 480x247px
>know java or some programming language
>look at the documentation for other language
>"yeah i'm proficient in 4 programming languages"
gets em every time boys
>>
>mechanical engineering
>bad GPA
>non relevant work experience
>>
How do I lie to get any job? Anything is fine i just want to work ;-;
>>
>>1006143
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention I wanted tips on how to lie to get an internship.
>>
File: enormous.jpg (185KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
enormous.jpg
185KB, 720x960px
You can falsify everything on a resume. They rarely check, and when they do it is for defense-related government jobs, and key roles in large corporations.

The only 2 things you should not lie about:
1) education
2) criminal history

Fake it till you make it anons. Even if they find out, YOU WERENT GONNA GET THE JOB ANYWAY WITH A REAL RESUME, so its like your only risk is missing out on something you were gonna miss out on anyway.
>>
>>1006187
>Even if they find out, YOU WERENT GONNA GET THE JOB ANYWAY WITH A REAL RESUME, so its like your only risk is missing out on something you were gonna miss out on anyway.

Yeah that's kinda what I thought too. Really seems like no downsides desu.
>>
On job apps I always say I'm a transsexual biracial just to get past the automated screening and HR harpies
>>
>>1006187
Any tips on how to do it in order to make it not obvious that you don't have the work experience you put down?

Should I make up a bunch of responsibilities and a company name or something?
>>
>walked in on my boss working on his resume yesterday
>it wasn't even very impressive from what I read
>kinda concerned he's going to quit on short notice and I'll be left with no immediate supervisor to shield me from the blame for my own screwups

Fuck I might have to be accountable soon.
>>
>>1006187
>They rarely check
Seems like you've only applied to shitty retail jobs then.

>>1006193
>biracial
>not being transracial
Are you even trying?
>>
>>1006143
I don't have an engineering degree, but literally no one has asked me for my GPA.

Add a filler section using "relevant coursework" and label some upper-level classes and electives that are in line with the job(s) that you are applying to.
>>
if you just put down that you went to a mid or low level uni just so you can meet the meme bachelors degree criteria, does it really matter? how can they check
>>
>>1006271
Maybe ask for transcript or call school.
>>
>>1006274
I've heard you can buy fake degrees or fake transcripts, and that many have already done this and are working in every field, sometimes even government
>>
>>1006223
Find a job description for the job you're faking and rewrite their description of the job in your own voice, maybe throw in some honors/awards from that job for shits and giggles.
>>
>>1006320
I'm just worried if I don't rehearse it well enough it'll get called out.
>>
>>1006261
No option for transracial. If I could put genderqueer otherkin I absolutely would

That disclaimer saying it doesn't affect your application is 200% bullshit

Was applying for months without any responses by putting white male, then I started doing this and instantly interview requests
>>
File: 1429375182746.jpg (26KB, 657x678px) Image search: [Google]
1429375182746.jpg
26KB, 657x678px
>>1006143
sames, except EE
>>
>>1006187
People don't blacklist for that kind of shenanigans?
>>
This technically isn't lying..
I stopped putting my GPA on my resume my senior year.. I had tons of internships with related experience. Got 3 offers after for full time . Surprisingly internships were more strict.
>>
>>1006727
They do, they just wouldn't when it pertains to jobs that you can't build a career out of.
>>
>>1006133
This.
>>
How about saying you were high management in a failed biz like circuit city or the wiz?
>>
>>1006193
Holy shit this is genius anon. Thanks for the tip
>>
>>1006187
I lie on my resume about my education. I say I have a BBA from an online college and just pick one. They have never checked as far as I know for verification, but I only apply to places that ask for any BA(nothing specific) as they are less likely to check. They just want it as a formality.
>>
>>1006356
Do they ask about it when you show up and are a white dude and not biracial barbie?
>>
>>1007345
>Tfw actually getting a BBA when I could just lie about it and save $50k

lmao smdh
>>
>>1007345
>I say I have a BBA from an online college and just pick one.

That's because BBA from online college is worth absolutely zero.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.