[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>priced in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (84KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84KB, 1136x640px
Anyone have an explanation for the last two days?
Stocks went up a lot on rate rise day, even though nothing happened we weren't expecting. Then we lost 3.5%.
>>
>>1005049
I just don't get it.

Priced in is mostly a meme. Market sentiment is what matters. I am going to prepare for volatility and start trading on 3-4% moves.
>>
It's a snake eating its tail. Eventually it gets hungry. Are you buying stock right now?
>>
>>1005053
I'll buy when it drops below 1990. There is support there.
>>
File: anna-nicole-smith1.jpg (116KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
anna-nicole-smith1.jpg
116KB, 450x300px
>>1005049
Everyone waited to see what everyone else would do. Same thing happened before the recent OPEC meeting. Then, some people had to do some trades and BOOM there you go.

The equity markets are usually dead until after MLK day in the US. Budgets for the year are drawn up and in the US oil and gas producing business, massive overtime is being done as companies prepare for the largest mass of bankruptcies in a long time.
>>
>>1005055
The answer is "no". And many other people are not buying stock. So you have expensive companies with easy credit and the Fed buying stock. Sound healthy?
>>
>>1005058
No. But the market has bounced off 1860 Oct 16th 2014, 1920 January 2015, 1930 February, 1880 August, and 1910 September. They peak near 2100.

I think we have fundamentals support in that level that favors volatility trading.

Right now I have APPL, and I'm getting fucked. I have no clue why since it's trading 11 PE while GOOG is 34.
I'm hoping for a gain in APPL next year, so I'm going to assume this bull is still alive.
>>
I have been thinking about this alot. I think the day of boom was a result of the big money anticipating the hike, and the subsequent 2 day shit fest a result of evening news investors responding to the sensationalized rate coverage. I literally have people calling my right now saying " hurr did you hear about that rate hike get my out of equities, lets move everything to my bond fund"

I am not joking I am sitting at my desk taking those calls. The market isn't even open and I'm still getting those calls.

And I say fine. More sheep to the slaughter.

Meanwhile I sold (for a handsome profit) all my shit on wed afternoon while the market was going full retard and bought it back, and thensome, today. I will but you nerds a shinny nickel that I will dump all my shares for at least a 2.5 percent profit by Wednesday afternoon.
>>
>>1005152
It's crazy, really. Everyone has been anticipating this rate hike for months now, but retards still freak out about it.

I've only been dabbling in the markets, trying to learn obviously, for about 6 months now and even I knew the rate hike was going down
>>
>>1005152

S&P to 1800?
>>
>>1005049
3.5% is well within expected volatility up and down. especially after an event.

>>1005068
apples fuxxed bro reverse positions for a while.
>>
>>1005166
If that's true I'm glad I didn't buy VOO yet
>>
>>1005166
Idk man. My philosophy is not to try and make big predictions like that. I swing trade, just try to catch a small upswing based on a sort of weighted look back at volitility and price and grab some shares when they are on the low side of things and sell it for a few Sheckles profit within a few days ideally, generally within normal day to day volitility.

I don't chase highs or lows, and I always take what I can get. Besides, if you can trade for 1 or 2 percent here and there, it adds up.

1800? Who knows. I doubt it in the short term. It's maybe normalcy bias but I tend to expect things to go on in the near future like they have in the near past. In short, business as usual. It's a fallacy, but usually it's also true.
>>
Market doesn't know whether increased interest rates is good or bad, still hasn't made up its mind. As others have said, nothing is priced in.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.