[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My Dad has run a used car lot for almost 40 years and all of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1450418882413.jpg (52KB, 780x688px) Image search: [Google]
1450418882413.jpg
52KB, 780x688px
My Dad has run a used car lot for almost 40 years and all of sudden wants to start offering interest free loans to qualified military veterans with good credit. How do I convince him this is a horrible idea?
>>
The only car places that offer loans are shit. Tell your dad to work out a deal with the bank so he's not on the hook when these vets default.
>>
>>1004496

He's been self financing for decades. That isn't the problem. The problem is offering interest free loans to inbred retards.
>>
>>1004498
maybe you can have him require the vets have been either a decade in the military or 5 years out of the military.

if they have good credit after 5 years out of the military they are probably not fuck ups who will default.

You can sell the 5 year requirement as a pilot plan and if it works he an try a 4 year requirement then a 3 year requirement and hopefully he will see what a world of difference these requirements make.
>>
>>1004487
>qualified military veterans with good credit
its ok OP the amount of people that applies to is insanely low. maybe 50 of them in your town max.
>>
>>1004487
>>1004521

Vets tend to fuck up their credit buying shitty deals on the military base.

So unless your lot is on military base (in which case, the military will basically facefuck the soldiers to make them pay the loans), you are fine.
>>
Interest free loans are retarded period.

That is LITERALLY free money. LITERALLY a discount on the car.

JUST
FUCK
MY
SHIT
UP
SENPAI
>>
>qualified military veterans with good credit
>buying used cars
>self financing through the dealership

I'd be shocked if he saw a single one of these go through. Qualified military veterans with good credit typically don't have to buy used cars because they have their shit together and lots of credit options for buying new cars. Unless his standards of "good" credit are very low then he's not going to see that many of them.

That said, your dad is going something that would be good for the people who it did apply to. Stop being a little cocksucker about it, parasite.
>>
>>1004545
>LITERALLY a discount on the car.
Umm... isn't that the point?
>>
>>1004487
It's not if you can repo the car after 3 months and you can adjust the payments to be more than if you applied interest.
>>
Significant if not most homeless in america are veterans.

Was in the military, there's a few good folks in the military, most were alcoholic horny fuckups once they got out. While they're in they're good but once that income is gone they are useless. two buddies still have their shit together.

>>1004520
This is probably a great loss mediation idea.
I might also add loans to active military are great. You can just call the base and say they're behind, base will cut you a check and straighten them the fuck out by taking control of their finances. HUGE RECOURSE.

>>1004545
You can bake the risk into the price of the car, learn TVM. aggressively 1/10 will snag the free money b/c they understand finance. He eats the profits for aggressively 2 of the others. 7/10 are pure profit. Get some Statistics and actuarial science up in your life
>>
>>1004498
>what the fuck did you just say to me, you little bitch?
>>
>>1004487
kys
>>
>has 40 years experience
You dont tell him shit.

>>1004498
>inbred retards
You don't know much about the military, do you? The military has a 93.5 high school diploma rate opposed to 60% for the rest of America 85% of officers have bachelors as opposed to 30% of America. So they are far from retards. Secondly, do you know how good the pay is in the military? If you get in with a good command the pay is fucking retarded. I was making like 3k a month at 21.

You on the other hand, (dont even) run a used car lot. lel
>>
>>1004487

Low interest loans for vets might be a good idea, but no interest seems pretty bad.

ALTHOUGH, maybe this gesture will become a big hit publicly, and the good publicity will be huge for business, ie. positive news story on 5oclock news.
>>
>>1004867

Thats because the Military only accepts high school graduates unless you have a GED and college credits. That doesn't mean they aren't competent. Your statistics are confirmation bias and not really true statistics. 100% of doctors have doctorate degrees while less than 10% of America does. Should get a job as a journalist.
>>
>>1004925
Congratulations on learning the term confirmation bias, but you are using it incorrectly. Lets use your example; 100% of Doctors have doctorate degrees.

>Doctors are inbred retards
Well, statistically 100% of doctors have advanced degrees as a requirement so the evidence would indicate you are butt-fucking wrong.
>>
>>1004925
Does that clear things up, or do you want examples of confirmation bias?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.