[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I got an invitation in the mail for one of these fuckers. After

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: American-Express-Platinum.jpg (124KB, 852x538px) Image search: [Google]
American-Express-Platinum.jpg
124KB, 852x538px
I got an invitation in the mail for one of these fuckers.

After reading through it, it's got a whole bunch of benefits and shit that I don't need and won't really benefit from. I won't be getting one, but dammit do I still want one.

How do I learn about the psychological techniques that were used against me to generate this desire, so that I can use it against others?
>>
It's about building a brand and an image. Like Apple, or Marlboro

Create a brand that feeds into your consumer's self image.
>>
>>1003829
There's allot that goes into this kind of psychology and i don't really feel like typing allot but basically the invitation and card make you feel important/wanted.
>>
>>1003906
This. My dad almost (*almost*) accepted the invitation to the Amex black card but didn't want to pay whatever the ridiculous yearly fee was at the time, like $1000 or $2000.

But he pays $800 a year to Value Line, a "stock trading" publication, so they send him a magazine of useless information once or twice a week. Go figure.
>>
>shinnyyyyy
>>
File: 1448332272865.png (538KB, 702x540px) Image search: [Google]
1448332272865.png
538KB, 702x540px
You will learn that nicer quality things do not make you happier. I went from living in my parent's nice house to living in a crappy apartment with stained carpets and other quirks. At first it was disheartening to me but then I got used to it and lived my life normally. All that really mattered was that it was in a safe area.

Happiness and comfort are primarily dependent on security instead of bells and whistles. Whether it is Physical, emotional, or financial security.
>>
>>1003937
this has nothing to do with anything in this thread...
>>
>>1004296
Fight me irl faggotboy I bet you don't even lift
>>
>>1003842
/thread
>>
File: 25pu342.gif (860KB, 350x285px) Image search: [Google]
25pu342.gif
860KB, 350x285px
>>1003937
Actually nicer quality things do make me happier. Especially if my things are nicer than others peoples' things. I'm probably just shallow but whatevs.
>>
>>1003829
Don't feel bad, anon. I have this card because I NEED IT https://www.creditkarma.com/reviews/credit-card/single/id/credit-one-bank

But no, really. I couldn't rent a car in Orlando without either a credit card or a $250 deposit.
>>
File: stop.webm (2MB, 318x200px) Image search: [Google]
stop.webm
2MB, 318x200px
>paying money to own a credit card
>>
>>1005465
Hey, I had a credit score of 570. This card raised it to 667 until last month when I paid my Black Friday purchases off a day late and now it's back down to like 630. I had also applied for a Sears card when it was 667 but I was declined because Capital One and First Premier won't just fucking tell me how to pay them for my old balances.
>>
In my country these are virtually unuseable everywhere. Visa and Mastercard work, but American Express just doesn't. It is the least liquid form of credit.
>>
>>1005467

> sears
> ever

Do you even credit?
>>
>>1003829
whats the signup bonus
>>
>>1005476
Hey, man, I was buying a discounted dishwasher for my mom for Christmas at the Sears Outlet. It was half off because it had a small scuff on the back. I just had to pay with what I had on me, but I was trying to spread my finances out a bit and save $15
>>
>>1005476
Also, less than a year ago, I had a score of 570, and that I have two old credit cards weighing me down that I can't even pay on anymore, so no, I literally don't credit.
>>
>>1005477
$1000 in membership rewards points, which seem to be redeemable only for gift cards, after spending 3k in the first 90 days

>>1005493
how do you even get such a shitty credit score?

>>1005465
I said I wasn't getting it. But still, if you can earn more additional cash back than the fee compared to other cards, it's worth it
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.