[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How low do you think Gold is going to go? Would you buy into

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8

File: Gold_bullion.jpg (122KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Gold_bullion.jpg
122KB, 600x450px
How low do you think Gold is going to go?
Would you buy into this drop hoping to profit years later?
>>
Invest in companies that are growing and making highs despite the current market conditions. Don't get why /biz/ thinks catching falling knives is "getting a discount"
>>
>>1003736
I understand that. Im not suggesting anyone go all in with gold.
Gold is at a 6 year low. Was wondering if /biz/ thinks it'll go even lower.
>>
>>1003744
Yes, I think it will go lower.
>>
I also think it will go lower but buying now isn't a bad idea. Especially if you have plans to hold for 5-10 years. No one knows if this is the bottom or not. Just buy more to lower your cost average if it goes lower.

The lower your cost average, the sooner you can sell at a profit in the future.
>>
>>1003735
Precious metals are holdforever investments, so yes, now is an awesome time to buy. Unless that monry could be better used to fund current endevours, but I would alot a certain amount of income towards PM at todayd prices in any situation
>>
File: WEB-peter-schiff11rb1.jpg (14KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
WEB-peter-schiff11rb1.jpg
14KB, 620x349px
>>1003735
>>
>>1003735
Relax, anon. It won't be worthless any time soon. It'll go lower though, so I'd store my money in diamonds.
>>
>>1005286
>diamonds

Only worth anything because of marketing.
>>
File: TraitsOfMoney.png (194KB, 660x393px) Image search: [Google]
TraitsOfMoney.png
194KB, 660x393px
>>1005335
So just like gold.
>inb4 some obscure use of gold in whatever justifies its price
>>
>>1005382
>smart
Not him but that graph is bullshit. First of all, what the fuck does "smart" even mean? Second, gold is not centralized at all. There are many private mints. As for scarcity, gold not moderately scarce. It is one of the scarcest precious metals in the world.
>>
File: Scrooge McDuck.jpg (35KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
Scrooge McDuck.jpg
35KB, 600x337px
Where do I buy gold, guys?

Should I bother with silver at all?
>>
>>1005382

That table is retarded.

For one thing, hold is not at all centralized. Just because governments mint gold coins does not mean that the value of gold is tied to that government. If the U.S. Mint stops producing Gold coins, the value of gold would not be appreciably affected.

That is just one example of the retardation in that table. But, if it's on the internet it must be true.
>>
>bitcoin
>secure
>easily transactable
kekkity kek
>>
>>1005744
http://www.apmex.com/
>>
>>1005744
For me it's gold.
Silver is only for fun buying since it's cheap, so i can get a bunch of coins and bars with different pictures and designs.
>>
>>1005753
is this the main site people buy gold from or are they other recommended ones?
>>
>>1005793
no clue, i dont know shit about buying and trading gold, im new to /biz/
>>
>>1003735
I´m going to buy 5K worth of gold coins at our national bank in Januari with my christmas bonus.
>>
File: Screenshot (35).png (13KB, 573x280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (35).png
13KB, 573x280px
>>1005753
>>1005755
>>1005793

I went to JMBullion

h-h-how'd I do guys?
>>
File: 7108.jpg (251KB, 1350x716px) Image search: [Google]
7108.jpg
251KB, 1350x716px
>>1005928
You did ok but you paid a huge premium for that gold coin. You should have just bought a 10 oz silver bar or 1 oz of gold.
Pic related. What I got in the mail yesterday.
>>
>>1005928
I just did the math and you paid a 20% premium if you bought that gold coin at $1,065 per oz. $22 premium on a 1/10 oz of gold- holy shit. I paid a $30 premium on 1 oz gold. You done fucked up m8. I would cancel that order as soon as possible if I were you. Silver 10 oz bars are $150 at $14 per oz and that's a much better price imo. You should have just bought silver.
>>
>>1005810
Why coins? I think bars look better imo.
>>
Is it practical to actually buy the physical gold if I intend to sell it in a few years? Seems an ETF would be more convienent for trading.
>>
>>1007072
but a physical bar is much more fun. you can bath with it, put it under your pillow or take it to a park
>i have actually done this with my 50oz bar
>>
Providentmetals dot com is a great source of precious metals. Free shipping over 99 bucks.
>>
>>1005277
Buying gold from a jew, what could go wrong.
>>
>>1003735
Unless you're selling retail or dealing, you're not going to "profit" by buying and holding. PM's swing too much and you won't be able to buy enough to make it worth your while. Think about it. Say gold bottoms at $1000/ozt, and you buy ten ounces. Following the most recent peak to trough trend (which was exacerbated by stupid fucking Republicans listening to assholes like Glenn Beck and panic buying the market to a record,) it'll take at least 24 months to reach $1100. 5% annualized rate of return, IF you get full spot on your sale and IF you got only spot on the buy AND that doesn't eliminate the risk that it can still fall farther (and taxes, never forget your taxes.) A good dividend stock will pay more in that same 2 years, and you're unlikely to lose your initial investment.

Now, that's not to say you shouldn't buy. It makes for a great hedge, but you won't ever turn enough of a profit to make it worth your while.
>>
>>1006954
>Pic related. What I got in the mail yesterday.

so does the gold depreciate in value when you take them out of the packaging?
>>
>>1008161
Not at all. It's not a collector's item. It's the content of the packaging that gives it its value, not the packaging itself. The reason I don't take it out of the package is because I don't want it to get dirty. It's worth over a grand so if anything ever happens to it I'm fucked.
>>
>>1006954
what did those cost per oz?
>>
>>1008842
>>
It's better than sticking your money under the mattress but it shares the same mentality. Don't let anyone know that you have money tied up in lightweight objects in the back of your closet. Not even family.

I assume gold also trades over it's value in the firearms community (assuming that it is legal). Considering the anonymity of the transaction, this would likely be a plus to the typical gun-hoarding consumer. It's worth further inquiry to interested parties at any rate.
>>
under 400
>>
File: 1378728153734.png (215KB, 309x323px) Image search: [Google]
1378728153734.png
215KB, 309x323px
>>1006954
>>1006962

s-s-sorry guys I'll just buy silver from now on until I can afford gold by the ounce
>>
File: enhanced-17159-1423068265-32.jpg (69KB, 501x585px) Image search: [Google]
enhanced-17159-1423068265-32.jpg
69KB, 501x585px
>>1003735
>not realizing the government can just as easily confiscate your gold under pain of imprisonment, in the event gold price does skyrocket

Yes my fellow goy INVEST IN GOLD

GOLD
O
L
D
>>
>>1007654
What are these good dividend stocks you speak of?
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.