[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do i find a job? i spend lots of time already applying for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

How do i find a job?

i spend lots of time already applying for entry level positions on indeed, but i never get called or anything

i've got some retail experience, what am i doing wrong? do i need to call the places i apply at?
>>
Find per diem jobs instead of part-time. Got one at the hospital and rake in about 30 hours a week for about 5 hours of work.
>>
>>1003510
how do i find one of those?
>>
>>1003504
Poor people are generous? That's funny I've never had a poor person donate anything to me.
>>
>>1003530
Donations from the poor are called "sales," and they donate a higher proportion of their income than anyone.
Truly, they are a righteous caste.
>>
>>1003504
you need to go in and talk to someone when you apply. it shows some initiative versus just submitting an application online.
>>
>>1003573
talk to who?
>>
>>1003513
I literally just typed per diem jobs into google. Try to find specific things that others wouldn't. For instance, I'm going to school to be an RD, so nutrition services would be the entry level job for that career. Found a per diem job, made sure in the interview that they knew I intended my employment to be long term (that's a big plus in high turnover areas).
>>
>>1003573
Okay grandpa.

>Can I speak to a manager?
>About...?
>Applying for a position.
>You do that online. Is there anything else I can help you with?
>I need to speak with a manager. My baby boomer dad told me I need to shake his hand, look him square in the eye, and get an offer on the spot.
>*secretary looks around since you are freaking her out*
>*hits the intercom*
>Mr. Johnson, can you come to the front desk?
>I'm busy.
>Please come out here. This person is making me uncomfortable.
>*manager comes out*
>Can I help you sir?
>I NEED A JOB.
>We take applications online.
>*you lunge at him with an outstretched hand*
>MY DAD SAYS I NEED TO SHAKE YOUR HAND.
>Janice, hit the panic button!
>>
>>1003835
This lmao.

I've fallen for this meme before because some highschool teacher told me to go apply at stores and ask to speak to the manager.

The employees just told me to fill out an application and hand it to them. Managers also didn't give a shit when I did talk to them.

The best way to look for a job when you're uneducated/unexperienced is just spam send applications/resumes. Fill out a dozen applications per week and you'll get a job eventually.
>>
Hijacking your thread, I've got a shitty fast food job that hires literally no one else, I'm thinking of switching to a shitty retail job, should I quit my current job or apply now and quit when I land an interview/job
>>
>>1003504
>poor people
>generous
wew lad
wew
lad
>>
>>1003835
For god sakes, don't fall for this meme when you get a job.
>>
>>1003504

> retail experience

Should have stopped there.
>>
>>1004054
I quit my food job without having another job lined up and I've been unemployed for a little over a month. Luckily I am going to school and living at home so I didn't NEED the money but it kinda sucked. Fortunately I just scored the highest paying job I've ever had today being a assistant of an assistant of a ceo of a toy company that pays me $12 an hour, and to top it off I'm working under my friend so it's pretty rad.
>>
>>1003838

>spam send resumes

yep, agreed.

try to pick specific employees to email your details as well.

I emailed a VP my resume asking for any open positions and he was the one who submitted it to their recruiting department. It made the application look good and I got an interview.

I did 4-6 upper management employees for larger companies, each with a personalized message based on a selection of templates. It was a boring process and had potential for a higher level of automation, but it found me a job I wanted relatively quickly.

I'm wondering though if that strategy works only if you're fresh out of school.
>>
>>1004090
Poor people are too generous. They're so generous they can't even bring themselves to have savings.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.