[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>40k income >1 credit card, BoA Platinum Plus rewards card,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 4

File: CSP-chip.jpg (63KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
CSP-chip.jpg
63KB, 640x480px
>40k income
>1 credit card, BoA Platinum Plus rewards card, $2k limit, 13.24% apr, opened in 2006
>zero balance, close to 0% utilization
>$50k in savings
>all bills paid on time
>pay $20/month car insurance

What's the chances of getting aproved for this card?
>>
>>1002577
Lie about your income, say at least 50k. They dont check. Imo its overrated though. If i could do it over again id get Amex blue. Or amex cash, whatever the fuck its called. The only reason i got CSP is because the card was metal. But, it does get many second glances when i use it. Waitresses think im rich and stuff. Its whatever, 100 yearly fee, not worth it.

I thonk you have good chances though. They gave me 8k limit to start
>>
>>1002582
>they don't check
Are you sure? I see a lot of posts about Chase asking for proof of income though. However I've heard people are more likely to get approved when applying in-branch.

I was hoping to apply for both CSP and Freedom, so I can use the CSP as my everyday card, and supplement it with Freedom with their 5℅. The travel rewards seem amazing, and the card itself is nice, sort of a poor man's black card.
>>
>>1002582
>They dont check.
Can confirm. I applied for this card in 2009 when I was still living with my parents. They asked for household income, I put down the combined income of me and both my parents. I actually thought that was how I was supposed to do it. It was a lot. No questions, received a card with a massive limit.
>>
>>1002577
I make 90k a year and I have that card. It's alright. Got $150 off a flight home but the card fee is like 90 bucks so I guess i got a free 60 bucks for using the credit jew.
>>
>>1002639
Oh also it impresses people when you break it out at a restaurant or wherever cause it's made of metal so I guess that's cool too.
>>
>>1002640

Why do metal cards impress people?

Not cramping your style, just wondering why people are impressed
>>
>>1002662
Superior material must meajn superior users.
>>
>>1002748
Yeah, I was looking at different cards, and just holding the CSP in my hands makes it my top choice
>>
>>1002577
I run 20k through my sapphire card every month for business expenses. The rewards are fucking great. You'll probably get it. I don't think they verify your income, unless it's somehow on your credit report or something.
>>
>>1002577
I actually just got this card after two years or so of the Freedom. $15k limit. It's chill. One for the wife and one for me. I haven't gotten any looks though or I haven't been paying attention
>>
>>1002582
waiter here, I don't think you're rich when you use this card. I swipe a dozen of these a day you fucking loser.
>>
>$20/month car
The fuck? That's way too low. I call bullshit.
>>
What do you need a card like this for? How will it help you in life?
>>
>>1002803
>>1002810
>>1002636
>>1002582
Ah I see

I also have a weekend job in nightlife that brings my income to $60k+ but its all off the books. Can I still put that on my application without Chase asking for verification?
>>
>>1002813
This right here, just because you have a card that is some certain color or see through or cheap metal doesn't make it worth more, and is just a tactic to get you to open a card.
>>
>>1002577

I don't see why you wouldn't get approved, but only because they're hoping you fuck up and get in lots of debtarino.
>>
>>1002577

You must have shit credit. I got a 10k line on my first card when I was 22 and my income was only 40k...it was a Wells Fargo like basic credit card. I fucked that up though, they should really do a drug screening before they give people massive lines of credit with a card PIN number.
>>
>>1002873
I was a 19yo NEET when I got the BoA card, and used it for college applications. I didn't get my first job until my first year of school, and have been responsible with that CC since.

Besides, WF is shit and will give anyone credit
>>
>>1002813
This is literally the only legitimate post in the entire thread.
>>
>>1002577
I have the Saphire too. I kind of doubt OP will get it with that income but it doesn't hurt much to try. I think my credit score is a little over 800.
>>
>>1002577
Forget the card. Why the fuck do you have 50k in savings?! What are you thinking, bro?
>>
>>1002956
I've heard of many people with less income who were approved.

>>1002962
I don't really spend money. My cost of living is pretty low and I have no gf/wife or dependents. Im just saving while I apply for grad schools. What should I be doing with it instead?
>>
I was thinking about getting a CSP, but it looks to me that you pretty much have to spend with it all/most of the time to make any appreciable net gain over the $95 annual fee. Unless you use it for business expenses like a lot of travel or on college tuition, you need to commit to using it, right?
>>
>>1002996
That's the same thing I worry about, unless there's something I'm missing
>>
>>1002984
Not sticking it in a savings account that's for sure. There are plenty of low risk investments out there.
>>
>>1002577
Its area dependant.
Check out creditboards.com use the creditpulls database to compare scores and cards locally to see what you're going to get and to see which credit report they pull in your area.

check out my credit related stuff.
http://dropcanvas.com/zpf5p

CSP is a premium card. and you usually need a very high spend on the card to justify it. .

Also we can't know your chances of approval if we don't know your scores.
Creditkarma, CreditSesame,
annualcreditreport.com

these should all be free.
>>
>>1003051
I've been wanting to do this ever since I hit 45k. I just have no clue where to start, though.
>>
Random thing to keep in mind, Chase operates on a 5-24 rule, which is if you opened 5 credit cards in the past 24 months, you will get automatically rejected. This shouldn't be a problem for most people, but if you are one of those people that take advantage of every CCs bonus credit/miles, expect problems.
>>
>>1003073
>CSP is a premium card. and you usually need a very high spend on the card to justify it.

kek, no, you dont.

You harvest the sign up bonus and then cancel right before the next AF hits.

Hell, I just paid my AF again since I canceled my Ritz Carlton card and wanted to keep the CSP.

OP will easily be approved unless he has more than 5 new accounts in the past 2 years, which I doubt he does.
>>
>>1002956
Dont be dumbass, he will easily be approved.

The only way youll get denied with a 40k income is if you are overexposed/extended. ie. have 50K in credit lines already.

Annual fee cards are easy to get.
>>
i got this card out of school at 21 while making 50k and i had a 10k limit.

op is a credit card marketer shill. this isn't a hard card to have.
>>
>>1003091
>canceling cards right after open

lol your credit score must be a joke.
>>
Also, you can put whatever down for income as long as its not crazy. They wont check unless you are involved in some shady shit.

Just dont put down higher income for Amex cards as they are more liable to check and require that form from the IRS.

I make 40K a year and routinely put 100K for my cards, mostly just to harvest bonus spend offers.
>>
>>1003095
Are you autistic? I said it stays open for nearly a year. But thats irrelevant.

Also, closed accounts stay on your credit report for 10 years. So no, it doesnt affect credit score.

The more you know....
>>
>>1003091
Yeah, the only credit card I have, I got in 2006. I doubt I have to worry about the 5/24 rule.
>>
>>1003100
Ok then, apply.
>>
>>1003103
Would it make sense to apply for both CSP and freedom on the same day?
>>
>>1003133
Sure, shouldnt be an issue for you.
>>
>>1002873
At 26 when my income was $55k/yr and I had about 710 credit score, I could only get 1 card with a limit of $4k.

I even asked them if it was a mistake. My emergency fund is larger than $4k. What the fuck am I supposed to do with a $4k limit, use it for groceries?
>>
>>1003133
That's always the best thing.
There's a trick you can do with two browsers that seems to give higher limits.
Just fill out the forms and click send on both as close to simultaneously as you can.
>>
>>1003170
710 is like a C+. also your income is too low. You should have fudged. Your income is not your salary, its every red cent you can estimate might come your way.
>>
>>1003173
My income was my salary. I wasn't doing a lot of side jobs while I was working and in college.

I've got a higher credit score and cards with higher limits now. I was just saying what I was given.
>>
>>1003174
You misunderstand. Your grandmother stubbed her toe. Clearly a life threatening condition, +10k inheritance. You're a hard worker, a quarterly and christmas bonus are to be expected + 8k salary. You're thinking of finishing that book +20k book advance. I'm sure I'll find some side gigs this year +4k.

Its an estimate where aggressive estimation only works out in your favor and there is little to no downside.
>>
>>1003183
So if I have my weekend gig where I get regular tips, I can get away with saying I have over 65k income? I just don't want to try and have Chase ask for income verification. This kind of shit never works in my favor.
>>
>>1002813
>implying anyone gives a shit what a waiter thinks about anything
Now, fetch me some water
>>
>>1003183
What would trigger a request for income verification?
>>
>>1002577
jew card for jew shekels for impressing jew friends

>that being said
>$40-50k income varies on how much effort I want to put into it
>3 cards - AmEx, Citi, BoA, %55k or so limit
>$200k saved
>bills are all low
>pay too damn much for insurance

No one cares.
>>
>>1003398
You cared enough to post in this thread
>>
>>1002813
>waiter
That's the problem. You don't think every bimbo working will think
>ugh this is the tenth rich guy who came in today. Where's my rich bf? I'm way too hot not to have one
>>
>>1002662
That one is not metal anymore.
>>
>>1003095
Confirmed for literally knowing shit about mileage maxers. You keep it open for 10 months then cancel. Doesn't hurt your score because you open a new one with a massive bonus and reap the spending rewards on the new one.
>>
>>1002577
>tfw you will never be rich enough to own the meme card
>>
File: 1389082006172.png (57KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1389082006172.png
57KB, 625x626px
>>1003430
>>
File: 1373911034291.gif (925KB, 212x176px) Image search: [Google]
1373911034291.gif
925KB, 212x176px
>There are people trying to get the shit-tier sapphire card

>There are people who weren't approved for Chase Freedom for quarterly bonuses, Amex blue for grocery and gas, and Citi double cash for everything else
It's like you guys don't enjoy getting free money
>>
>>1002582
>>1002623
>>1002636
On the subject of not checking income: generally speaking, they don't. If you say something reasonable, they don't give a shit.

Source:
>21 years old
>unemployed college student
>worked one summer in high school at a clothing store
>have been unemployed since
>The only money I get is the money my parents give me for school.
>729 credit score
>combined limit about $18,000 across... 7 cards?
>should be getting a CLI from Amex in a few months so my total limit will be around $22,000
>Chase freedom, CapOne quicksilver, BofA shitty cashback, a Barclaycard (not even sure why), Discover It, Citi Double Cash, and most recently an Amex Blue Cash Everyday (fuckers finally accepted me)

Capital One did ask for proof of income when I requested a credit line increase about 10 months ago. Never sent it in (because I have no income) and stopped using the card. Not because they didn't give me an increase, mind you, but because I had the citi double cash so there's literally no reason to use the capital one anymore.

Oh, and all my cards have no annual fee. Stupid as shit to do that, I don't know why anyone would, outside of the very specific circumstances where the extra cash back from the card puts you ahead of the no annual fee versions.
>>
>>1003398
Why do you pay too much for insurance? What kind of insurance are you paying for?

Mostly asking because if you have $200,000 saved up and liquid, you should be able to handle very high deductibles and therefore have pretty cheap insurance.
>>
>>1003820
This guy gets it exactly.

EXCEPT! The Discover It card gives you double cash back for the first year, so that's 10% quarterly categories. Usually they line up with (or are at least similar to) the Chase Freedom. For first quarter 2016 it's gas stations. That's 10% back baby, that's huge. Especially if you're driving 1300 miles round trip to school each quarter.
>>
>>1003961
Full coverage on the vehicles with the deductible recommended by my financial advisor.

House is currently insured for full (contents included on/off property) replacement; company values that at 3x what I paid for it.

Also personal liability umbrella coverage of $5 million.
>>
>>1004030
Tell me, why do you pay for full coverage on your cars? Are they exotic super cars that will cost you $15,000 to replace a bumper? If not, you're wasting a huge amount of money on insurance you don't need.

Full coverage on the house, sure, but set the deductible as high as the insurance company will allow (probably around $10,000). You can afford the once-in-a-decade damage that will run you up to 10 grand, and then insurance takes care of the rest.

Umbrella coverage: yes. This is good for anyone who is worth anything.

But on the car/house insurance, you need to view it like this: extensive insurance is only for people who can't afford out of pocket a "disaster" like replacing an entire vehicle or having to get a new roof on your house. You have a lot of money that is completely liquid, so you're just wasting money on coverage for small things you can afford anyway.

Keep in mind, insurance companies always make more money than they pay out in the long run. That's why once you have money, you can pay less for insurance by picking much much higher deductibles.
>>
>>1003968
>discover

lol I only get cards that people accept. Chase freedom and citi dub cash are amazing though.
>>
http://dropcanvas.com/zpf5p
please read credit secrets bible and fico score effects
>>1003190
They're not going to ask for income verification they'll just deny you. why would they want a liar for a customer? YOU ask for income verification. You have to be a huge outlier on a scale where everyone is inflating.
You're thinking about this the wrong way. Push it until they ask for income verification.
I'm at 120k and they've yet to ask.

They've got an interesting statistical model. its based on your address, career (always MANAGEMENT), income and rent.

so a 26yo waiter making 120k in Hoboken ya nope. a 26 yo Manager making 120k in New York, sure.
>>
>>1004523
So, can I say I make 65k as a Manager in Northen NJ without being asked?
>>
I have some important info! contact me!
>>
>>1004542
manager is a weasel word so the statistical normal range is huge. Do you manage the one man sanitation dept of your kwickie mart or do you manage a billion $ portfolio.
>>
>>1004499
Surprisingly I've encountered more places that don't accept Amex than I have Discover. But in 2015 almost every store accepts every card, I've only been to one place that didn't accept Amex.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.