[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Start-Up 101

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 100startup-logo.png (88KB, 320x289px) Image search: [Google]
100startup-logo.png
88KB, 320x289px
Starting from scratch

1. Form LLC in Nevada(small business)/Delaware (eventual IPO)/Home state (tax and law situations like Illinois) depending on situation.

2. Register company with county/town government as required by law. Including any bond and insurance you need on day 1.

3. Online presence no matter the company. Social media branding and marketing. You would be amazed at local radio ads.

4. Proper marketing. This isnt just online, but radio, tv, company vehicle wraps, paid vehicle wrap advertisers (basically you pay a person to have their car wrapped for a period of time) Billboards, etc

5. Technology. Your infrastructure. Dont think of it as 2 desktops and 5 laptops. Its the foundation of everything. The software down to the keyboard switches can effect productivity and happiness.
>>
>>1002312
Well yeh breh.

Do you work for one?
>>
1. Get high with friends and come up with half baked idea
2. Start and operation in someone's basement, spend more time decorating the office with ping pong tables and video games than doing any work
3. Post on social media a bunch of inspiration quotes and images
4. Call yourself a CEO
5. Fizzle out in a few months
>>
>>1003451
We could make a living selling this kind of lifestyle. Actually, there some who do this. They're called "the startup ecosystem", i.e. advisers, accountants, accelerators, training schools.
>>
>>1003451
>90% of "entrepreneurs"
>>
File: so productive.jpg (844KB, 1228x868px) Image search: [Google]
so productive.jpg
844KB, 1228x868px
>>1002312
I am very much frightened by #1. Limited liability is a hugely massive deal to me.

My startup is designing software for business to augment other services they already use. Here are my two big concerns, and I have no idea if an LLC will cover my personal ass or not if I'm involved in doing some of the development.

1) I accidentally use wrong words when describing something and the client misunderstands, and makes a decision on that misinformation.

2) Since the software augments other services, but their Terms of Service are not always clear, there's a chance that my software is violating it.

How fucked am I personally if either of these occur?
>>
>>1003806
LLCs don't give you a whole lot of protection in reality, your first line of defense is good practices and legal consul, your second line of defense is your insurance and your last is the LLC.
You'll need professional liabilty insurance (errors and omissions) on top of general liability. If you're just starting out by yourself it should be under $2000 a year.

I wouldn't be too worried about number 1, a client misunderstanding something shouldn't be your problem.

>2) Since the software augments other services, but their Terms of Service are not always clear, there's a chance that my software is violating it.
Yup. Could be an issue.
>>
>>1002312
The thing I'm kinda stuck on on the business side is forming an LLC in another state and registering with local government. Also the "bond" and insurance.

We have a really innovative speaker design, literally never been done before, but it being a consumer product we're a little confused on the legal implications of making sure it's all up to code (whatever codes there are for consumer electronics) and everything.

So many questions. Just one right now:

Do you *need* to form an LLC right away, and does it really make a big difference which state you register in?
>>
>>1003630
Holy shit it's like a rock camp but for college freshmen and recently unemployed 30 year olds! Fucking brilliant.
>>
>>1003926
Just register local to your state.

Forming out of state will just cause problems when you have to re-register as a foreign corporation.

And while you don't have to form an LLC it certainly helps if you want to sell your business later.
>>
Is there any substance to this thread? Cool bro you stated five bullet points on "how to start a business". What do you do after all the easy stuff is done. That is the real question you should be answering.
>>
>>1002312
I started an animation business.
It's pretty nice.
Guess it's not a "Start-Up" though.
We are on track to make 40k each this year though.
So not too bad :)
>>
>>1003451
>>1003630
>>1003636
We need a logo ASAP
>>
File: Eco_logo.png (28KB, 258x258px) Image search: [Google]
Eco_logo.png
28KB, 258x258px
>>1005054
Got one senpai.
>>
>>1005095
Looks great m8. Any other logos for suggestion?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.