[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The FED raises interest rate by 0.25%.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

File: shutterstock_263591438.jpg (170KB, 500x364px) Image search: [Google]
shutterstock_263591438.jpg
170KB, 500x364px
This should be a sticky.
>>
>>1002126
Grandma is trying to prolong the recession with these rate hikes. we're all fucked, boys
>>
>>1002137
Isn't the US economy doing pretty good right now?
>>
>>1002139
Its doing pretty meh.
The job market is absolute shit
>>
>>1002137
grandma was left for a terrible position. she is doing a fine job to save what is left. raise the rates or not, somebody will always complain and cry. raising rates now was the correct choise hands down.
>>
>>1002139
Economy is good you are rich, a large company, or a land lord. If your an average joe, a small business or an oil producer then its pretty shit.

The low intrest rates heavily benefit the rich who benefit the most from a strong stock market. Raising rates will fuck with the stock market. Wont really help your average joe though. But keeping rates at zero for this long has long since stopped being useful.

Tldr: they are raising them so they can lower them again later.
>>
>>1002149
>The job market is absolute shit
Said no one actually looking for a job in the U.S. in the last 12 months.
>>
>>1002175

>oil producer has to downgrade from Fancy Jet Mark IV to Fancy Jet Mark III
>>
>>1002475
fox news tier answer kek

statistics are all there buddy, I ain't gunna post shit though, it's either you live a lie, or you do the work yourself and find out the real truth.
>>
>>1002139
No, main street is awful. Wages have stagnated for about 20 years now, while real estate and rents are through the roof. 96 million working age people are unemployed. 46 million people are on food stamps. This is not a healthy economy for a country with only 350 million people.
>>
>>1002525
People being on food stamps isn't a sign of a bad economy. It's a sign of a economy strong enough to impose, politically and economically, substantial wealth transfers from the wealthiest to the neediest in order to make society as a whole better. ALL economies will have poor people (and rich people, and all points in between).

The sign of a strong economy is when your poor people have plenty to eat, internet, jobs, health care, etc. Most of the poor around the world, including most poor in the EU, would kill to have the standard of living of U.S. poor.

Much of our poor is better off than some of their middle class. That, my friends, is a healthy fucking economy.
>>
>>1002598
>The sign of a strong economy is when
people PRODUCE
>>
>>1002609
>and now you've confused cause and effect
>don't do that
>>
>>1002598
>most poor in the EU, would kill to have the standard of living of U.S. poor.
You mean like free healthcare and university?
>oh wait
>>
As a saver and investor, I love this. I'm not a one percenter, but do well enough. I hope we get to .75% by this time next year. It's time that interest rates rise above "have some free money mister bank!" levels.
>>
>>1002598
Lel
>>
>>1002525
Unemployment rate is currently 5.5%, not sure if you know what that means but that's quite desirable
>>
What does this mean for the housing market? How high will mortgage rates go?
>>
>>1002475
Do you even leave the basement burger?
>>
File: pauldewail.jpg (66KB, 884x666px) Image search: [Google]
pauldewail.jpg
66KB, 884x666px
>>1002598
Its like you really believe that..
>>
Time for the unemployable to complain about a dead job market
>>
>>1002722
Food stamps are required in the U.S. because of economic inefficiency, not economic weakness. I'm sorry you're too stupid to realize the difference.
>>
>>1002716

Mortgages in a normal market double or triple the overnight fed rate. So .25% would equal .50-.75% increase on a normal 30 year fixed

Also remember for every 1% in interest you go up, your affordability goes down 11%.
>>
>>1002767
I imagine that will get a lot of people off the fence and buying now but after the rush I have to assume it's going to hurt an already struggling market. That will price a lot of people out of what they want.
>>
>making a insignificant announcement like this a sticky on /biz/

need that space for degree threads and 'how duz i become utube star / investment bankre goiz?"
>>
Fuck this place. I think it's run over by young faggots.
>>
>>1002598
>there are people out there who will actually believe this pure garbage

>>1002694
>implying the unemployment rate isn't heavily manipulated. No one single statistic will tell the whole story.
But watch labor force participation rates continue to decline as boomers begin to leave the workforce, and please keep telling yourself that everything is fine.

Looks like I need another break from /biz/ for awhile. You guys never fail at giving me a brain aneurysm.
>>
>>1002694
>cant into participation rates

try looking at the rest of the unemployment picture anon instead of just the lower 5% of it.
>>
>>1002483
No he doesn't

But I talk to a dozen engineers, laborers, roughnecks, ect every day after they get their lay off papers.
>>
>>1002149
>>1002510
>>1002721

Tell me what job or degree plan and you are seeking because I can guarantee you jobs are there at all wage levels.
>>
>>1003153
Silly corporate slave, your job is about to be taken by younger, smarter, faster , and more scientifically literate senpais.
>>
>>1002153
This, as long as their smart and gradual about it, and probably if they raise rates more slowly than their current timetable would suggest and with consideration of economic data they shouldn't fuck up too bad
>>
>>1002598
>46 million people on food stamps indicate a healthy production of wealth
LMAO
>>
>>1002475
My wife and I have both been looking for a job for the last 12 months (and a bit longer.) We are not without skills. Still looking.

>>1002126
>>1002694
Sure, let's raise the interest rate. I mean, the fed has a mandate to keep it in unemployment in the 4%. And there are millions of marginally attached, discouraged and underemployed still. But screw that banks might lose a little money.
>>
>>1004125
What skills? What degrees? What state?
>>
>>1004128
I'm a programmer with a decade of experience, mostly java. My wife has a PhD and lots of statistical training. I haven't looked into working at McDonalds, but we've both expanded our search to pretty much anything related to these areas.
>>
>>1004156
What state? In the midwest you should have no problem finding work.
>>
>>1003678
Mining Engineer
>>
>>1004172
We are in Washington, with a (suspicious) 5.2% unemployment. Apparently you are correct, North Dakota is at 2.8% unemployment. Too bad moving sucks and I've lived in enough midwest winters. Oh, Hawaii is 3.3%. I suppose it may be time to expand the search area.
>>
>>1004187
I live in North Dakota. With the oil crash coming our economy is going to take a hit but anyone who wants a job (regardless of education) can get one here.

We also have a booming tech community in ND/MN. Winters are a small price to pay for the lower property values, lack of crime/"diversity" and so on.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.