[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Getting rid of gold?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

File: 0,,18545222269_303,00.jpg (50KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
0,,18545222269_303,00.jpg
50KB, 700x394px
Lets say my friend foun alot of gold, how do you get rid of it?
>>
throw it into a river
>>
Sell it you fucking retard
>>
>>1000673
Find jewelry store that knows that you didnt get it legally, give them a good share in return for them buying the gold and keeping their mouthes shut.
or make a jewelry store and make the jewelry yourself and sell. This is better but more time consuming
>>
>>1000683
Who buys 30lbs bars?
>>
>>1000688
Pawn stars
>>
>>1000688

>cut into smaller rock size pieces
>sell to different pawn/gold shops

Use your brain mate.
>>
take to a mint.
>>
>>1000673
Define "a lot"

Do you want this to be off the books?

Don't go over $10k in transaction on sales in an account. Sell with cash if possible.
>>
gold has a very low melting temperature. unless you're looking for coin value melt that shit down to hide it. sell it in small chunks to a mint under various names.
>>
>>1000714
sounds like a good way to get about half value.
>>
>>1000958
half value is better than federal inquiry
>>
>>1000967
You've got a fair point
>>
>>1000673
Assuming it's not stolen you could always tell him to gift it to me ;)
>>
>>1000673
Trade for fine jewellery at a dodgy jewelers and say the jewellery is an heirloom?
>>
>>1000673
>how do you get rid of it?
you don't. at least not now. you would literally be selling it just prior to the greatest gold bull market of all time.
>>
>>1000673
where are you from? Maybe I can help you
>>
>>1000673
You sell those to brokers who buy and sell gold. They will buy it for about 90-98% of market value depending on amount and grade.
>>
>>1000673
sell it after the dollar hyperinflates. If thats the amount you have you will be a multi-millionaire.
>>
>>1000673
You keep it in a vault or buried in your garden, and then when SHTF, you get it and eat it and have no worries whatsoever.

>this is what gold hoarders actually believe
>>
>>1001457
No OP don't eat it. Wait until someone with a gun comes around and takes it from you. That way they will spare you.
>>
File: breakfastguy.jpg (41KB, 1000x899px) Image search: [Google]
breakfastguy.jpg
41KB, 1000x899px
>>1001064
Go on.
>>
melt it and pour it in water its will create many small bead.
its easier to sell than selling large chunk
>>
>>1000673
OP
its not a good time selling gold,
wait till the price is higher
>>
File: gold shot.jpg (44KB, 300x273px) Image search: [Google]
gold shot.jpg
44KB, 300x273px
>>1001656
>>
30lb bars? How many?

I'll pay for a quarter. 1.5 mil.
>>
>>1000688
Schiff gold.
>>
Should I be buying gold right now? Or it going to drop a bit more before taking off?
>>
what about this guy. He found alot and now he is in jail.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/judge-asked-delay-treasure-hunters-hearing-35774826
>>
>>1002641

> Thompson has been accused of cheating investors since he discovered the S.S. America, known as the Ship of Gold, in 1988. The gold rush-era ship sank in a hurricane off South Carolina in 1857 with thousands of pounds of gold aboard, contributing to an economic panic.

>The 161 investors who paid Thompson $12.7 million to find the ship never saw any proceeds. Two sued — a now-deceased investment firm president and the company that once published The Columbus Dispatch newspaper.

I dont think he's in jail just for finding it.
>>
File: 1445913939412.jpg (7KB, 234x172px) Image search: [Google]
1445913939412.jpg
7KB, 234x172px
>>1002644
Ugh, I hate how treasure hunters get screwed. They do all this fucking work and then governments make claims on their labor.

It's not even taxes, they just fucking steal it all. I can't believe people are ok with this.

Shit was lost, especially at sea, some fucker found it, finders keepers. It's not like some shithead lost their bike last week and they need it back, most of this stuff has been lost for decades at a minimum. It's just plain government enabled theft.

Fuck, this rustles my jimmies.
>>
>>1003709
Yea and it said he was in jail prior to basically the same thing. So it seems like all they do is want to take it.
>>
I'll buy it at 50% market value
>>
>>1003709
>>1003811

>161 investors paid 12.7 million dollars to Thompson to find the ship, and they received nothing in return for what was probably contracted work
>reading comprehension
>>
I sell gold to a guy who has a precious metals smelter license. I have sold up to 90k in one transaction before. All transactions are done in cash only. I can get a receipt (hand written) if I want but I never do.
>>
>>1003854
Yea.... tell me the last time the investors won on something like that.
>>
>>1003861
>precious metals smelter license
where are you from m8?
>>
>>1005213
US. Guy pays 92-98% of spot for gold depending on the purity of it.
>>
>>1005234
Never heard of a "smelters license" before. Did he really buy your scrap gold for 98%? I mean who would he even sell it to to make a profit out of that?
>>
im retarded i know, but is it possible that gold will stay low?
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.