[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fallout Tabletop RPG

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

Hey, /bant/, I'm looking to do a Fallout tabletop game with a few friends. I've looked up existing systems, but none of them really give me what I'm looking for, so I decided to create my own system.
I've heavily based it off the stats/calculators of Fallout 1, 2, and New Vegas. I've also made a ton of calculators for damage dealt, addiction, healing, bartering, ammo cost (not per shot because that's too hardcore for me. Just like an 'ammunition budget' for players to spend their money on for N number of encounters), etc. I've set up many Radiant Character sheets just in case I need X type of character. Anyway, without giving away how my system works (because it's untested as of yet. I will release it into the wild once it receives substantial testing and I am certain everything is properly balanced), this is an example of a character sheet with all untested information censored.

Do you think it is simple enough for players to understand all relevant information? (Minimum Pass is the minimum roll on a D20 they need to succeed a check)

Also, how big of a faggot am I for designing my own tabletop RPG system?
>>
Very huge faggot, but it looks good to me, I play 3.5/pathfinder so it's pretty basic to me, but it works for now.
>>
>>2182943
Oh, and the 'Crit.' thing on top is minimum roll to receive a Critical Success on a d20. Starts at 20 and decreases as a function of Luck
>>
>>2182998
So luck/3 rounded down = X
20-X= crit chance something like this?
>>
>>2183011
Divided by two is better but same idea
>>
>>2182992
This is actually the SECOND system I've created. The first was EXTREMELY simple (reliant on 4 stats and that's it), but it served its purpose.

My first system didn't account for anything beside Hit/Dodge and Damage. Everything else was just under 'common sense'
>>
>>2183011
>>2183024
The function is =IF(LK=10, 18, 20-((LK-3)/5)). This makes it so that at Luck 10, Crit is on 18. On Luck 6-9, Crit is 19. Anything lower is on 20.
>>
>>2183051
Eh, but that means having ten luck is basically worthless, why not make it 17, that one number changes a lot.
>>
>>2183073
Worthless in terms of criticals that is
>>
>>2183051
This sheet was actually made in Google Sheets. This is also formatted to be 2 sheets of paper, with Notes being the bottom of Page 1.

>>2183073 >>2183079
I have a few items that can increase LK and some weapons/armor decrease the Crit limit. As is, a 10 LK character can score a crit by rolling a 7 (before drugs which increase LK even more). Still, like the idea and I guess by that point, rolling a 6 for a crit because at that point, that's the playstyle (not to mention it'd be Lategame since all that is locked behind a fuckton of money and would need to be in advanced areas to even buy them)
>>
>>2183079
Ok, I adjusted the formula to give 20 for LK<6, 19 for LK 6-7, 18 for LK 8-9, and 17 for LK 10
>>
>>2183115
Make it so nothing can be upped beyond ten, cause infinite combo's exist in F1-F2 where you can basically have 2000 luck if you do it right if the lock on nothing goes over 10, pretty interesting stuff, and only fox is locking it at 10, or have stat buffs not be multiplicative or only stack in certain ways
>>
>>2183215
I may have to nerf Melee Damage, because at ST 10, it's 50 and at 12... it's 84.
>>
>>2183263
Just make it so they don't go above 10
>>
>>2183263
Just to put some context into this, the highest melee damage I have is 80 and ignores DT/DR (Chainsaw), so Kangz 'n' Sheit here would have a base damage of 170 in one attack...
>>
>>2183278
Well, I'm also thinking about how the HP and Damage amounts are Large rather than Small, as I took more calculations from 3 and NV for these. Not to mention how in NV, melee received Double Damage in VATS, so having a large Melee Damage bonus might still be good... I just have to devise a formula which rewards good investment without being overpowered
>>
>>2183376
What about =MAX((( [ST] -5)* [PE] ), 1)
This makes a 10 ST, 10 PE character have a melee damage of 50, and even a 12 ST 10 PE character then receives 70 bonus damage. Though I will make it so that 10 ST is the maximum a character can START with and it can only be surpassed via chems (which have their own drawbacks, not to mention addiction penalties). So Kangz 'n' Sheit could not have the Bruiser trait, as his ST is already 10 and can't have it be '''base''' 12
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.