[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remind me, why am I supposed to feel sorry for homeless people?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7

File: ages.jpg (540KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
ages.jpg
540KB, 900x900px
Remind me, why am I supposed to feel sorry for homeless people?

I understand that they're on the street because of some tragedy or another, but how much of it is really their own fault for being lazy or incompetent?

How am I supposed to believe that everything is THAT stacked against them? I had shitty parents, I've ended up sleeping outside in the city, and I only got away by joining the goddamn armed forces. I tried to make friends and allies, tried to find work, and in the meantime, moved out and lived like a refugee, with some shitty abbo sleeping not two feet away, all in a bedbug infested shithole. Before that, I'd sleep at college clubs or with random friends -- thankfully not having to put out to do it. And even in my real youth, like 14-16, I gave massages for money and was trying to whore out and shit just to get enough to move out and only didn't stay in that "career" because the rates were shit compared to real jobs.

I'm settled and make decent wages now and support myself okay, but it took at least more effort than holding my hat out at people.

Why the fuck should I be guilted into giving the "less fortunate" money?

There's no way you can make it to the age of 30 or even 40 or 50 and not have had a single chance to get off the street.
>>
>>1138706
A lot of homeless people have mental illnesses, and not just:
>I'm a hard knock leaf who had a tough life just because I was lil' shit.
>>
>>1138706
Notice how most of the homeless are male, whore?

Yeah they didn't have that last asset to fall back on you degenerate pos.
>>
>>1138718
>mental illnesses
I know treatment in the US costs millions of dollars but up here it's quite cheap to see a counsellor, and many community centres offer it for free. If you have something serious that requires medication or long term therapy or other sustained care, it's generally covered by medicare

and thus "muh schizophrenia, muh outdoorsy spirit" is kinda a shit excuse

>>1138727
>implying I wouldn't have made fucking mad bank had I a pair of tits
I'm a guy you cunt, why do you think rates for my butt/mouth/hands were worse than min wage?
>>
Some places have outrageous costs of living, most people are only one or two missed paychecks away from losing everything in the first place.
Plus mental illness is a thing, some people can't function without medication and it we aren't going to euthanize them we should at least show some sympathy when an old homeless crazy dude no doctor cares about hasn't eaten.
>>
>>1138735
Canada and US are different I can promise you in United States major cities no one gives a shit about the homeless and the cost of living is outrageous. What you're saying does apply to some homeless but sometimes shit happens.
>>
>>1138706
Also why does some pocket change matter that much to you? Are you saying you can't sympathise with another human being enough to buy a 2 dollar cheeseburger for someone every once in a while when you have some extra money?
There is a lot of truth to Darwinism but is that REALLY the world you want to exist in?
>>
>>1138735
Coulda been a ugly af broad.

Still, degenerate ×5 for that. Some people have dignity, even if homeless.

And *you* don't have to try and lift people off the street - just staying off it is enough for the civilized of us.
>>
>>1138735
>I know treatment in the US costs millions of dollars but up here it's quite cheap to see a counsellor, and many community centres offer it for free. If you have something serious that requires medication or long term therapy or other sustained care, it's generally covered by medicare
>and thus "muh schizophrenia, muh outdoorsy spirit" is kinda a shit excuse

I honestly can't relate. People here on the streets are fucking nuts, and I can't see them fitting in anywhere in society or on planet Earth, let alone that they have no services available to them. Perhaps in Canada it's excusable, but here I totally get it. That isn't to say i don't completely agree with your argument. There are those who are definitely just drunks/druggies/lazy.
>>
>>1138770
>excusable
meant to say inexcusable
>>
>>1138735
Counselling doesn't cure mental illness dude. Some folks get past it but for others it doesn't matter how long you talk to someone with a psych degree, they can't chemically unfuck your brain.
>>
>>1138770
Well some people really are just broken in general but if we as a society aren't going to do anything to prevent that from happening then it's kind of wrong to act like a couple dollars every once in a while is too much to spare for someone who isn't capable of functioning in society just to eat. Wanting to hog all the money to yourself sounds a little (((familiar))) doesn't it?
>>
>>1138736
>Some places have outrageous costs of living,
my rent in nigger tier conditions was 300/mo, and that was considered fucking exorbitant

most of my friends still pay less than I do in rent

>some people can't function without medication
its extremely cheap up here to get lifesaving meds, and medicare covers mental illness since severe mental illness like that is considered life-threatening up here (but more in the sense that a peanut allergy is life-threatening, or the beetus is life-threatening, or even a basic heart condition where you cant have too much salt is life-threatening; you NEED meds to live like the rest of people, so you get them cheap)

even basic antidepressants are subsidized if you have a script from a psychiatrist for them

>>1138745
>sometimes shit happens.
like what faggot, you really telling me that getting booted from home in your teens or 20s you really have NOTHING you can do about it?
>>
>>1138757
Don't feed the magpies.

Well, maybe the situation is different in burgerland but I expect Canada has more similarities to my welfare system than yours - and we pay taxes for a reason, direct contributions are far too likely going to enabling a drug habit or somesuch shit.

There are also charitable orgs where your money is better spent, things that do soup kitchens for example.
>>
All right, I'm now convinced that 4chan is inhabited by 90% sociopaths
>>
>>1138790
nigger 300 a month is cheap
I pay 1200 a month for a one bedroom you leaf fuck
>>
>>1138789
I'm saying the homeless and mentally ill need help, I guess I wasn't clear.
>>
>>1138790
>300 a month
I'm not aware of many major metropolitan areas in the United States where you can have that little to pay for rent. If someone moves out to the boonies that is possible but who the fuck is gonna hire a crazy nigger from the streets in a big city in fucking Alabama?
Mental health treatment that is worth a shit is outrageously expensive in the US. Also not every one becomes homeless because mommy and daddy kicked them out. You don't have to accept their behavior or anything but do you really think no one should spare a dollar or two for someone starving on the streets?
>>
>>1138770
>druggies

Yeah, but coming from the most medicated land on earth the problem isn't drugs, it's self-medication. They could be a druggie and a functional member of society if they had the initial wealth to get a psych doc to guide their drug habit.
>>
>>1138706
>sociopath with no dignity talking about how we should act
i have seen it all
>>
>>1138795
You've clearly never had to actually survive on that, food stamps only cover frozen or refrigeratable food, how the fuck is a homeless nigger supposed to cook?
What's a 2 dollar burger or slice of pizza gonna hurt for you?
>>
>>1138808
Fucking move dude. Where are you? San Fran? New York?
Unless something worth your suffering, like school or family health, is pinning you to the inner cities find somewhere else to live. I know folks who are much happier out in the country where they can work part time at minimum wage and get along just fine.
>>
File: playingleague.png (90KB, 916x562px) Image search: [Google]
playingleague.png
90KB, 916x562px
>>1138757
>Are you saying you can't sympathise with another human being enough to buy a 2 dollar cheeseburger for someone every once in a while when you have some extra money?

if anything, when I have extra money is when I'm stingiest because that money came from shameful sources; when I was a kid it was massages to older men, and now as a kinda-adult it's sporting a gay all-white suit to give tours on shitty boats. I've done the absolute worst of all my friends and still do reasonably well, despite having nigger tier shit like winters where I don't eat every day bad summers having to occasionally dumpster-dive appliances to sell off at the local pawn shop; I refuse to believe anyone else can do worse and not think they've massively AND PERSONALLY fucked up.

and even then, 2 dollars for every hobo in town adds up very quickly.

>There is a lot of truth to Darwinism but is that REALLY the world you want to exist in?
there is a bare minimum of effort to put in and stepping with a hand out like "pay me nigga" is not anywhere near that minimum
>>
>>1138844
Yeah I'm living in an expensive area right now and I'm really missing the days when I split less than 400 dollars of rent with a friend back down south. If I had never been in an area like this I might actually agree with OP.
>>
>>1138844
I live in Anchorage, dude
I can't afford to move either, let alone hardly afford food and rent to stay here
>>
>>1138853
I didn't say feed every hobo you see I just meant if you have 5 bucks in your pocket and you walk past a starving bum who's older than your grandfather why the hell wouldn't you just buy him a burger or piece of pizza from the nearest cornerstore?
Even if he's a crack head nigger that's still someone who's feeling hungry and probably someone's son or brother. Also I would rather starve on the streets than suck dick for money. I respect the starving helpless nigger more honestly.
>>
>>1138860
Christ, has it gotten that expensive up there already? That's fucked up. I'm living downtown in one of the west coast cities and I'm not even paying that much.
I don't know your situation but it sounds like you're getting screwed man.
>>
>>1138877
Oh yeah, hard.
I'm planning to move to Wisconsin one of these days, I hear it's better in the Midwest/Great lakes areas
>>
>>1138841
>>>I expect Canada has more similarities to my welfare system than yours

Not an unreasonable assumption, they are commonwealth after all.

If I were advising a burger on homelessness, it'd be a different situation.

Hereabouts we don't do food stamps, the 'job seeker' benefit's about 270 pw.
>>
File: g i t g u d.jpg (72KB, 422x750px) Image search: [Google]
g i t g u d.jpg
72KB, 422x750px
>>1138874
>why the hell wouldn't you just buy him a burger or piece of pizza from the nearest cornerstore?

In the time it takes to try to bully me out of a dollar, you could have picked up any discarded appliance and made five or ten bucks off it.

I should know; I've done exactly that.
>>
>>1138857
I feel that. Well good luck with whatever is keeping you in that area I know I plan to get somewhere more reasonable as soon as I'm done with school.
>>
>>1138893
Maybe in your country but in areas infested with niggers and spics and crackheads anything that can be sold has been. Your cities must be very nice.
>>
>>1138893
I guess this is what happens when your country is led by Justin Trudeau.
>>
>>1138886
Better than 1200 a month certainly.
Good luck getting out from under that heel man, hope you like lakes and mountains, its beautiful country out there.
>>
>>1138904
>anything that can be sold has been.
Do people in America not occasionally replace their furniture and appliances? Do construction sites not exist? Shit, nigga, every bike wheel with a quick-release on it is a good ten bucks ready to nab, perfect if you're already some drug-addled street cracker.
>>
>>1138919
Shit that's your rent?
>>
>>1138925
No, that's my rent>>1138808
>>
>>1138925
he lives in alaska, everything is obscenely expensive once you get any further north than Edmonton
>>
>>1138922
Again you've clearly never lived anywhere near the inner cities of America I'm not saying a young able bodied person can't do this but a 60/70 year old man in a nigger/spic gang infested area in LA or NY is just gonna get anything taken from him anyways.
>>
>>1138928
Yeah a gallon of milk is 4 dollars
>>
>>1138925
Nah, that's what Alaska Anon is paying. I'm around 800 a month for a not so great area in a west coast city in the lower 48.
>>
>>1138928
I always imagined Alaska as cheap for some reason, why the hell would anyone want to pay that?
>>
>>1138926
God damn how do you afford that?
>>
>>1138940
alaska, and the things in it, are far from everything, so everything is more expensive due to transport costs.

>>1138933
a gallon is about 2l, right, where i live its 2 bucks for a litre of milk but we also make more so idk how it really compares
>>
who said you are?
>>
>>1138943
I work full time, as does my wife.
We barely make enough to stay here, let alone afford food.
Like I said, we plan to move somewhere in the midwest/great lakes, preferably Wisconsin
>>
File: ....!.png (34KB, 803x688px) Image search: [Google]
....!.png
34KB, 803x688px
>>1138954
>>
>>1138960
why would you ever move to anchorage

assuming you werent just unfortunately born there
>>
>>1138960
Nah man go down south somewhere like Louisiana Alabama or Tennessee is crazy cheap and spics and niggers are flat out not welcome in a lot of places
>>
>>1138979
No way, I was born in the south, never going back.
>>1138973
I autistically dreamt of getting a cabin and living innawoods but that never happened. We've been stuck here ever since.
>>
>>1138983
That sucks man, I know folks who have made good up there, but they came in with a bunch of money to start with and bought up a business or something.
Sounds like your life is mostly in order otherwise though. So good on you.
>>
>>1138988
Yeah besides the high as fuck rent we've got pretty stable jobs, so we aren't about to be homeless or anything.
>>
>>1138983
What's so bad about down south man?
>>
>>1138735
Oftentimes mental illnesses are not something you can fix with a counsellor
>>
File: IMG_3902.jpg (17KB, 261x216px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3902.jpg
17KB, 261x216px
>>1138706
A lot of these people owe some large institution money. If they get a job that shit gets garnished and they cant afford a place to live anyway. Claiming Bankruptcy isnt a magic "debt go away" button like everyone thinks it is.

I dont feel bad for most of them. Usually the ones i feel bad about are too embarrassed to admit theyre homeless and beg for money, so you never see them anyway and therefore never feel bad about it.
>>
>>1138706
Is that supposed to be a girl offspring of Rigby and Mordecai? She looks like a weird blue jay-raccoon hybrid.
>>
File: IMG_3720.jpg (714KB, 1996x1520px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3720.jpg
714KB, 1996x1520px
>>1140688
Thats super edgy faggot.
>le everything is mental illness
kys after pic related
>>
>>1138706
Well in the us some are vets that got a divorce because of being in the army and just had no where to go and just got stuck out there on the streets with PTSD
>>
File: gayrigsby.png (431KB, 905x1329px) Image search: [Google]
gayrigsby.png
431KB, 905x1329px
>>1140746
I think thats the inspiration but its not specifically that afaik. it's just some really off-model bird
>>
>>1138706
You shouldn't feel sorry for homeless people. You should spit on them.
Homeless people in the US are usually homeless by choice, especially the women.
>>
>>1140749
I'm not saying everything is mental illness you retarded, learn to comprehend a text in your own fucking language, illiterate.
>>
>>1140948
*retarded burger
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.