[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My brother is legitimately Autistic. Ask me anything

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 216
Thread images: 13

File: download.jpg (10KB, 295x171px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10KB, 295x171px
My brother is legitimately Autistic. Ask me anything
>>
File: 1502999585843.png (341KB, 634x483px) Image search: [Google]
1502999585843.png
341KB, 634x483px
>>745294143
So's mine. Found a lot severely impaired men with autism are usually born in June. Kinda weird. Are you older than your brother? Are you male or female? What kind of things is your bro into?
>>
>>745294545
Well cheers mate. I know how it can be difficult at times.

My brother was born in September but that is really weird.. Anyways he is older than me by 4 years, but for as long as I can remember I have been the "older brother". I'm male btw

He's always been really good at drumming but over the years has lost it. Medication changes have slowly over the years made him more functional and social, but I think a side effect is that his natural talent for rhythm has been dulled; Just a theory tho.

What about you and your sibling?
>>
>Joining the club, i have a little brother with aspergers.
that little fuck has the simplest desires in life and is so easy to make happy.
>>
File: 20170423_215941.jpg (942KB, 1536x2560px) Image search: [Google]
20170423_215941.jpg
942KB, 1536x2560px
>>745295048
My brother is 2 years younger than me. Was offered medication but mum decided against it. He's never been medicated and funnily enough he's the healthiest in my family. He's got an endless appetite and trys to take scraps off peoples plates. Was a huge problem if we ever went out to eat because he would try and steal other people's food.
My brothers pretty severe, he's in his 20's now and he's a lot more easier to manage, was a total escape artist when he was a kid. You knew something was off when it was quiet.
He never had a aspbergers talent for anything, is crazy about kids things like Thomas the tank engine and loves his computer but only for games and youtube.

>Pic related is a shopping list he wrote for me of shit to get him his birthday. There was about 6 pages.
>>
Hey guys, I have aspergers
>>
File: avatar_9266d0d41e02_128.png (21KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
21KB, 128x128px
>>745294143
Can you show us some of his work? Does he paint? draw? what?
>>
File: 1425023353166.jpg (19KB, 527x612px) Image search: [Google]
1425023353166.jpg
19KB, 527x612px
>>745295471
>tfw brother gets diagnosed with autism
>it's the 90's
>it's actually super rare
>parents have no idea what it is
>thinks they mean't artistic
>if only
>>
>>745295318
OP

So full of love too. Makes me sad thinking about it
>>
File: kek.png (66KB, 251x253px) Image search: [Google]
kek.png
66KB, 251x253px
>>745295578
>>
How have you guys not killed your siblings yet?
how does it feel to have to take care of a brain dead retard?
How does it feel having to take care of something thats doomed to fail?
How does it feel you have to share things with a living pile of garbage?
>>
aspergers isn't as bad as brussel sprouts I think, but it makes your piss smell bad. I like it broiled with garlic and parmesaen.
>>
>>745295578
ON the real though. My brother was diagnosed in the 90s and like you said, very uncommon. My parents went through a really hard time with the government trying to get them to acknowledged he is autistic.
>>
>>745295629
Sad? Why for? Their life is fucking awesome. we are the ones that project what they are missing out on.
I mean seriously he gets excited about playing melee and drinking chocolate milk.
I'm so happy for him. lol
>>
>>745295462
how awkward are you on a scale from 1-10
>>
>>745294143
what's it like attention-whoring on /b/?
>>
>>745295815
Probably 8, but lower when with people I'm comfortable with
>>
>>745295673
I legit made an effort to kill my brother when I was about 8, I went into his room at night with my pillow and was going to smother him. Looking at his face so peaceful while he slept, it was angelic. And I just started crying and went back to bed.
My whole life I've been a third parent. The stress of it triggered a skin condition I still live with, I've suffered with depression since I was very small and thought of suicide every day.
But the family agreed that we wouldn't give him up, it's not his fault he is the way he is. And looking back even though the progress has been slow he's been able to grow as a person. He has his own joys in life and has a right to his life.
>>
>>745295673
Low quality bait,
You can see yourself out, go troll another thread, and save us all time if you like.
>>
File: 1425023003212.jpg (37KB, 415x480px) Image search: [Google]
1425023003212.jpg
37KB, 415x480px
>>745295750
Yeah I know that feel dude. What country you in? NZ here.
>>
>>745295961
>I legit made an effort to kill my brother when I was about 8
Good thing /b/ is just satire or i'd be seething with rage right now.
>>
>>745295766
OP

Meh I think maybe we may have different situations. My brother didn't really show signs of autism until he hit puberty so I remember him before. It was pretty fucked up because he was actually aware during puberty that he was becoming more fucked. But anyways, I feel bad because he is a genuine dude with love in his heart, and because of his condition he will never be able to express himself properly; he will always feel trapped inside himself.

And on the more cynical side.. He will most likely never marry a woman, or have kids.
>>
>>745295883
Are you autistic too?
>>
>>745295961
He has a right to life, sure. Put them in a facility. How does it feel he's caused an endless amount of pain and suffering for you and your family? Whats it like knowing he will likely never be grateful for everything you guys have done for him? Whats it like knowing it was all for nothing?
see
>>745295961
>>
>>745296062
Well it wasn't an legit effort, I never actually did anything. I never harmed him and never will.
>>
>>745295982
see
>>745295961
>>
>>745295412
fucks a griffins
>>
File: 1441156656523.png (79KB, 291x253px) Image search: [Google]
1441156656523.png
79KB, 291x253px
>>745296161
>My brother didn't really show signs of autism until he hit puberty
>>745296208
yes, you cock-sucking faggot
>>745296241
>it was okay guise, I wasn't actually going to kill kim, I just got as far as sneaking into his room with a pillow I was going to smother him with
end your life
>>
>>745295906
Fair enough. I know some people with Asperger who refuse to acknowledged they have Asperger and get really triggered when it's brought up. I guess that is not you?
>>
>>745296161
definitely different situations, my brother was born with it and its high functioning so it could be much worse.
My heart goes out to you and your bro. They are capable of so much innocent love.
I doubt my bro with ever have kids or even date either.
>>
>>745296011
Canada. Was a hard time for the fam
>>
>>745296371
his life is already over, he has to take care of a retarded sibling
>>
>>745296237
He never caused the pain and suffering. The stress wasn't entirely because of his autism but because of how people treated him. He didn't understand that you can't break into peoples houses and play on thier playstation. You can't run away to the shops and just take an ice cream.
Sure he might not outwardly say he's grateful but you see it in his face when he's enjoying a funny video, playing games or having a biscuit.
Putting him in an institute is something we wouldn't have been able to live with. Especially with the amounts of abuse that goes on in those kinds of places.

>>745296342
A brand of biscuits.
>>
>>745296411
Oh no believe me I hate it. Only one of my friend's knows and I want to keep it that way
>>
>>745296412
Fucked I just imagined him with a girl. What a train wreck. She would have to be disabled herself no doubt
>>
>>745296264
Hey you got me, turns out someone here tried to fuckin kill their sibling as a kid.
Didn't see that coming.
But I feel no remorse for my response.
Comment obviously was trying to provoke responses, not ask a question with a desire to satisfy curiosity.
>>
>>745296487
I'm not going to argue with you since you're clearly in denial about him causing trouble for your family. It's impossible for him to be grateful because that requires thinking far above any assburg kid can comprehend. Ignorant bliss=/=grateful.
>>
>>745296487
100000%. Could never put my bro in a mental home. I can just imagine how terrible that would be
>>
>>745296698
I don't think you know what Asperger is
>>
>>745296630
Lol! I can't picture it lasting longer than about 60 seconds. hahahaha
The pool of women they have to choose from is vastly smaller, thats for sure.
Do anything for him though, I'm very protective.
>>
>>745296371
Imagine everyday you're dealing with someone in the body that's far older than thier mind. A three year old in a 10 year olds body. They've got no outward signs that they've got something special going on and every day you have to deal with the stress and anxiety of what he decides to do.

>On time when he was about 10 my family and I went to an indoor swimming pool.
>We asked him time and time again if he needed to use the toilet. He said no.
>We get there we change and he decides he wants to be in the baby pool.
>So theres this obese 10 year old boy in a pool with infants he refuses to get out of
>I'm standing there watching with mum
>sending apologetic glaces at the mother
>then He reached into his trunks and scoops out a huge turd
>drops it like a depth charge into the pool
>the mums grab thier babies
>my mum drops to the ground and has a break down
>tells me to get my father
>whos on the otherside of the fucking pool talking to some friend of his from years back
>I go to grab him, getting told of for running by a lifegaurd on the way
>tell him mum needs help
>we race over.
>here's this obese kid literally playing in his shit, laughing, having the best time of his life.
>dad grabs him
>we get our stuff and drive home in our togs
>mum and I cry all the way home and for hours after
>we never went swimming again

So until you've lived a week, dealing what I had to deal with on a near daily basis. You have no right to judge me.
>>
>>745296698
this>>745296798
They have emotions and experience sadness and joy. And they certainly aren't stupid.
It took my brother til he was in puberty to appreciate his family and providing basic life necessities.
I did went through that when i was like 8. So its not as far off as you would think
>>
>>745296444
It's definately not easy. We had similar problems. But I hope it ended well for you and your family.
>>
>>745296805
Word. The look of joy he has when I come and visit.. would kill to protect that
>>
>>745296972
Yeah, its a spectrum. Doesn't stop me from seeing all of them as drooling ignorant 3 year olds. (which isnt too far off)
>>
>>745296927
>then He reached into his trunks and scoops out a huge turd

That's fucking gangster
>>
>>745297114
You could literally give him some bright flashy toy and he would have the same reaction.
>>
>>745296927
alright, ill admit I got a little hot when I heard you were doing to kill your brother, but it sounds like he isn't cognitively aware of reality. Also, are you sure he's autistic? Because that sounds like retard behavior to me
>>
>>745296986
It did :) thanks. Same for you too
>>
File: questioning.jpg (86KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
questioning.jpg
86KB, 1920x1080px
>>745296543
>Only one of my friend's knows
Since Asperger's is diagnosed based on behaviors, wouldn't anyone who has dealt with you for any amount of time know? They might not know they know, if they don't know the diagnostic criteria, but they know anyway.

Same way you might not know if someone is a religious Jew, but you can tell if they're a racial (behavioral) Jew just by interacting with them for some time.
>>
>>745296698
My brother has no concept of how life could be any different. He's like an animal in the sense that he lives in the moment. Not that yolo shit, but doesn't think of the future other than his next meal or next holiday or birthday. So he doesn't understand what might of been, it's a forgien concept to him. So knowing that he's safe and happy and growing is good enough for me.
>>
>>745297283
Fuck I wish that were true
>>
>>745297114
Fuckin same. Its just such pure happiness. And its worth the other problems that come along with it. Even when he farts next to people and goes outside in his underwear.

>>745297175
That's fine, but understand that your claim at
>It's impossible for him to be grateful because x
is just not true.
but yea they are an incredible tax on emotions and time.
>>
>>745297346
it's such a shame to waste time and effort on something that, may as well be, a pet rock
>>
>>745297327
lmao this is the kind of question to trigger an Asperger kid. This should be good
>>
>>745297301
He has autistic traits and that was what he was diagnosed with. He's really into reptiative behavior, watches the same clips of video over and over again until that part of the tape has been stripped.
He loves routine and gets upset when you change it. He went to a school for special needs children and no one there thought he wasn't autistic.
Autsim is a huge spectrum. From severely retarded to hardly effected.
>>
>>745297327
all those implications I don't know where to start
>>745297447
im not playing your game sheklestien
>>
>>745297327
It's pretty mild, like honestly it pretty much just makes me shit in social situations.
>>
>>745297442
Look at it like this. It could be worse. He can feed, shower, and dress himself now, and he has the ability to lean basic skills.
Magic doesn't exsist, there's no magic autism fairy that can cure it. Scientists still havn't figured out the cause. So you just live with it, this is the hand fate has dealt. Every family has something hard they have to deal with. This is one of my families hard things.
>>
>>745297442
No less a waste of time than investing in any other human being. With changing perceptions and beliefs and could betray you with little effort no matter how much you invest in them.
I.E. every human being

So the pet rock is alot more simple. But his emotions are still real even if on a different scale.
>>
>>745297657
If you could have prevented it, would you have?
>>
>>745294143
Mine too. On one hand I'm sure we would have a lot to talk about, there are many very unique struggles that I'm sure we share, and talking about them and participating in this thread would probably be good.

On the other hand, having these conversations and speaking about these struggles is scary, and I'm not right now in a position to speak about them comfortably. More mental work needs to be done.

But you are not alone. Please never forget that.
>>
File: 1438207596489.jpg (36KB, 500x414px) Image search: [Google]
1438207596489.jpg
36KB, 500x414px
>>745297728
Thats a hard one. I thought about that a lot growing up. Knowing that he'll never have his own family. Be sucessful in a meaningful job, getting his own money. Never drive a car or have a girlfriend. It's hard to think about.
I think having him as my brother had shaped my personality and has made me a more empathtic, understanding person. But at the same time it damaged me.
It's a really tough question, but I think I would. To give him a better life, my whole family a better life.
>>
>>745297695
>But his emotions are still real even if on a different scale.
Real=/=relevant. You're ignoring the fact that human beings are capable of rational thought and emotions. A human you've spent the majority of your life with most likely wouldn't betray you for a flashy toy.
>>
>>745297874
Hey man, sounds like an accurate assessment. Feel free to hangout while we talk. I find it therapeutic to find the humor in the absurd behavior where you can.
Like watching my bro not know how to handle asking a waitress for chocolate milk.
>>
>>745297874
<3 8===============D

To you as well. There is no real way for you to find and contact me other than in this thread but if you ever need me...
>>
>>745298016
I'm not ignoring that at all
"most likely"
Its always a gamble and there are no guarantees.
My brother "most likely wouldn't betray me" either.
With regular people you are just playing with bigger chips. That's all

Is it just me or are the captchas getting way more fucking complicated?
>>
>>745298016
There's a whole range of defects and disabilities that occur in humans, Autism being one of the few. What are we supposed to do with these people other than offer them the best life we can. Most disabilities don't become apparent until after birth. Austim diagnosis are usually after the first 2 years of life. So we can't abort them, wanna just take them out back and shoot them in the head?

"A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members."
~ Mahatma Gandhi
>>
>>745297907
OP

Spot on bro. I am very empathetic and patient because of him. I'm not sure what was meant by "prevent" tho lol. Are we saying prevent him from being born? Or just prevent his disability?
>>
>>745298312
Prevent the disability I think. You learn to be super paitent and raise yourself I think.
>>
>>745298089
OP
Or when my bro tries to swing dance with inappropriately aged woman at public events. kek
>>
>>745298310
>wanna just take them out back and shoot them in the head?
Uh, yeah. Until people learn to stop taking them into public places. Or until they stop absorbing millions of tax dollars.
>>
>>745297728
>>745297907
>>745298312
Also to throw my 2 cents at that,
No I would never change it. They have a right to life just as we do and changing
"or killing? whatever is implied"
that would change who they are. And that's neither my place or right to judge that for another person.
>>
>>745298395
oh 100% I would prevent the disability in a heart beat. HE'S TRAPPED INSIDE HIS OWN BODY FOR FUCKS SAKE BURIED DOWN THERE IS MY INTELLIGENT OLDER BROTHER WHOM I COULD HAVE PROPERLY GROWN UP WITH
>>
>>745298513
OP
We're on different boats there then
>>
Seems people here don't wanna come to terms with having wasted their life on a lost cause.
>>
>>745298483
You can deal with my brother in public in the same damn way I deal with you driving retarded in front of me, responding to me on 4chan, or breathing my fucking air.
Eat a fucking dick
>>
>>745298421
>>745298627

Thats funny to imagine.

I can't blame you for feeling that way, its not easy for themselves or us.
This is just apart of my moral code I suppose you could say.
>>
>>745298483
Times have changed, it's not the 50's anymore. In New Zealand I know that asylums are only for people in danger of killing themselves or others, not for the mentally handycapped.

Exposing someone to the outside world and teaching them how life and society works teaches them life skills and how to be part of the world. Like safely crossing the road. How money works ect. My brother is learning these skills and gets better every day through his schooling.

Our folks won't be here forever and as much as we get anxious about taking him out we do it anyway. So he can learn and so he's not dropped in the deep end when our folks die.

There are heaps of things that take up tax money, people with disabilities take up some of the smallest amount.
>>
>>745297506
repetitive behavior such as watching videos over and over again and routine? sounds just like me, I also listen to music over and over again, and in general love repetition and routines.

The difference is that I don't act retarded socially, and the worst I had been was at my teenage years when I wouldn't talk with most people and didn't get how dating worked. I also didn't understand that sometimes girls would hit on me, as if my mental age was in early teens instead of mid teens
I was also cold, and had difficulty reading emotions
Now I'm much better at all that without medication, just a few years older

Do you think I am slightly autistic? Honest question
>>
>>745298647
I have nothing to come to terms with. I am quite happy with my relationship and hand in taking care of my brother.
Whats wasted or a lost cause is only valid to the one wasting effort.
And its not wasted for me.
>>
>>745298656
Bro, come on. When I bring friends and family out to eat I don't want to deal with your ADULT brother screaming his head off because his peas are touching his carrots.
>>
>>745298752
Yea I just could never imagine him choosing to be disabled lol that just seems absurd
>>
>>745298869
You might just be. Sounds like you've got a few quirks. But unless you're struggling, I wouldn't go and seek a label from an expert. it could hinder your life. Maybe take one of those online austim questionaires?
>>
>>745298483
it's people like you that make it occasionally very hard to be on 4chan, particularly post-gamergate
and to be in life, too
4th of July, with family, one cousin demands that everyone comes together to say grace before we eat, she calls my brother into the room, won't go on without him. But then at that same meal, she says anyone unable or unwilling to contribute to society should "be left to die and stop wasting my tax dollars". She had just held hands and said grace with someone she was talking about!

Not to mention that services like that are an incredibly small portion of the amount of your "tax dollars" spent. The majority of it goes to stupider things, if you can spend thousands of tax dollars on the military, you couldn't spare a few pennies so that the least of our people can live contentedly? Could you spend a day with someone like that and then still condemn them to death for your pennies?
>>
>>745298869
Lol before I even finished your para and read the questions at the end I was going to respond with "Are you sure you are not an ass burger kid?"
>>
>>745298886
amen brotha
>>
>>745298930
And again, I don't want to deal with you making me wait behind you in line while you are on your phone.
Don't misunderstand I have sympathy and I take him to dinner so I can teach him some social skills and manners at his pace.
But imply that shooting them in the back of the head is a better alternative to them seeing the light of day will always trigger hostility.
its no different than peoples screaming children. Just people don't always understand the condition.
>>
>>745298986
I did take the questionaries and a few years back it said I was autistic, but it was close to the limit of a normal person
Now it's the opposite and it says I'm a normal person close to being autist

I didn't even understand what was autism, but I felt really strange compared to other people when it comes to all kinds of relationships

At least I'm lucky to be really close to a normal person, if I try to appear like one and forget my quirks then it's all good with everyone, just not something that I would do naturally.

Must suck to be deeply autistic, good luck to those who are or have family who are.
>>
>>745299042
Family can sometimes be the hardest to deal with when it comes to having a disabled family member. They don't live with it everyday and just don't get it. It gets easier though.
>>
>>745298937
I absolutely agree, if I could offer him the choice to change it then I would. But I wouldn't impose that on him. Just as i don't impose on other people what sexuality they can have.
Does that make sense?
>>
>>745299042
>Could you spend a day with someone like that and then still condemn them to death for your pennies?
Can and have. Why should I have to pay for your brother, just because he was born with his own problems? Doesn't matter how much is being spent if the cause is bad. Why would I have to spend my money on making their life better when I could give to people who could use it?
>>
>>745299221
As you grow and have more interaction with people and society you will learn what is and what isn't appropriate through learning it, rather than feeling it. So the older you get I imagine the easier it will get. But I'm no professor.
>>
>>745299377
Who else could use that money? Want it to go to drug attics? Single mums? Alcoholics? Gamblers? Where do you want it to go? These people weren't born with issues yet will take a bigger chunk of tax from you than any kid with down sydrome ever will. Get over yourself.
It could have been you. It could still be.
>>
>>745299334
OP
I see where you are coming from. The morality of forcing something on someone is what your beef is.

I get that, but I think there is a line that can be drawn. For example, if you saw someone dying, you could argue that you should not save them as that is forcing life upon them when maybe they want to die. Obviously this is a terrible example but I'm just trying to point out that I think there is a line. I don't think anyone in their right mind would chose to be autistic over not autistic. The same way I don't think someone in their RIGHT mind would chose death over life.
>>
>>745299205
>And again, I don't want to deal with you making me wait behind you in line while you are on your phone.
That isn't the same as your autistic brother flailing around, screaming, scaring, and endangering children in the park you brought him to. You have to realize that bringing him to places and ruining everyone elses time is rude, right? It's seriously not my problem if it helps your brother or not. It likely wont matter anyway. People don't deserve special treatment just for being born.
>>
>>745299719
Why do you have more right than someone else? What makes you special?
>>
>>745299267
A few months back I saw a play about dementia patients and the ways our minds go as we age. Very emotional stuff, obviously. And near the end, one woman described the experience of seeing family members not fully understanding the condition, even ones who were once very close, and getting frustrated with the quirks of someone who mentally wasn't all there.
Described "the tension and misunderstanding" as a third person at the dinner-table. Some sinister invisible party causing pain between two people who want to love each other. It got

Honestly, I wish I had turned out like it sounds you guys did. I think for all I've stood up and tried to help with my brother, I still succumb to the same difficulty understanding. I never learned to be as patient as I should have, maybe just the opposite. You guys describe feeling like a third parent, and I feel that. But then we lost our dad. Suddenly I'm the second parent. And I'm younger than him, and he doesn't listen to me, and technically I'm not given any authority over him. And I'm 14 at the time! What 14 year old boy, who just lost his father, who is suddenly thrust into this weird pseudo-parental role, with all that responsibility, what kid could do well with that? They say the good part about raising children is that you learn as they grow, there's a natural learning curve, but to have that dumped off on you as a stupid teenager, full of his own struggles, all at once, I understand parents who say "I did my best!"
>>
>>745299629
Haha, come on man. There are millions of better things tax dollars can be used on. It doesn't matter what it is. If it's used on your brother, it's a waste. They money could go towards someone with a future.
>>
>>745299377
>>745298822
On taxes I actually agree with not using them to care for people in need.
controversial but that's what I think.
Even with my brother I feel that its my family's duty to care for him and not the states. I think the same for other families. Its not fair to take from others because I or my parents got a harder hand in life.
If we continue to take from each other for whatever reasons until we are taxed for more than 50% of what we earn, then one day will come when our economy won't be able to sustain itself.
>>
>>745299850
I don't. Thats why you dont see me causing a scene or grabbing titties all I want. Because I can't just go "i dont know any better"
>>
>>745300032
You have no empathy. I feel bad for you
>>
>>745299907
What makes you think my brother doesn't have a future? What makes what he wants to do and enjoy any less important than someone else?
Because he probably won't have children? Should we kill people that are sterile then? He has a right to life. Heaps of people need extra help. I need extra help. Doesn't make our lives of less vaule than anyone else.

There are billions of people on this planet, just trying to get on with it. We're all just grains of sand on the beach. At the end of the day it doesn't matter. We obviously just have different values and we'll continue to argue till the sun comes up.
>>
>>745299648
Yes that is my beef and I absolutely understand your argument.
Bad example aside, who is to govern what "being in your right mind is"
If you ask my brother right now this second if he wants to stay autistic.. I'm sure without a shadow of a doubt he would say he chooses to stay the same. What your argument implies is that he at some point is seperated from the parts of him that make him autistic. And that fundamentally is what I don't believe. Or more importantly I don't think I have the right answer on whether that is him or not, and as such as I said before "its not my place to make that call or judge"
Obviously I would take the gamble that a person wants saved, but provided that I knew they wanted to die.. then I would honor their wishes.
>>
>>745299996
Some familes need help. I knew a woman, who's partner had left her who had an autistic son.
She tried to get him out in the world but stopped because she had no support from anyone. She hot-housed him in a tiny two bedroom flat for 16 years. He became paranoid and violent and tried to kill her.
The system has failed families like hers, and those families have a right to ask for help.
>>
>>745300172
I very much do. I have empathy for people who matter. It's really shitty to have happen to them, yeah. They can't change whats wrong with them. But it's not my problem. I grew up homeless and took care of myself just fine with no special treatment.
>>
>>745300372
>I have empathy for people who matter.

are you sure it isn't you who has cognitive difficulties? you don't seem to understand the words that you're using.
>>
>>745300179
>What makes what he wants to do and enjoy any less important than someone else?
Depends on the spectrum.
>He has a right to life.
I agree.
>Heaps of people need extra help. I need extra help.
This is where tax money should go. I'd much rather my tax money go to someone homeless for food, or shelter. Not to help a 20+ year old person to learn its bad to masturbate in public.
>>
>>745299719
>>745299850
>>745300032
Sorry I was deep in a paragraph response.
No. 1 safety is another concern and I weigh that first. No I would not endanger other lives. Big or small.
No. 2 it is rude and so is my phone analogy and that is precisely the same thing
No. 3 Indeed it is not your problem how I help my brother. But I don't need to care
No. 4 People don't deserve special treatment just for being born, and you don't deserve special quite restaurants, for buying dinner in a public place where you cannot control other peoples behavior.
No. 5 you causing a scene and grabbing titties is not okay and I wouldn't excuse your behavior. Nor do I excuse my brothers.
>>
>>745300457
Argue with me instead of calling me names.
>>
>>745300570
Pretty much your whole argument has been about how annoying it is to be in public with people who has a mental impairment. Wouldn't you want them to learn not to masturbate in public? Or would you rather your tax money go to the local mosque to teach mohamed that sexual emergencies aren't appropriate?
>>
>>745300372
>>745300032
>>745299719
Your life has no more fucking value than my brothers.
Your right, his problems are not your problems, and its not your fault that he had a shitty thing happen to them.
But i'm not asking you to do me any favors. You're asking me to not bring him outside.
And to your arrogance that someones life matters more than anothers.. Fuck you
>>
>>745296927
Yikes
>>
>>745300570
You'd rather your tax money go to someone in a position that you have personal experience with and know intimately, than to someone whose circumstances you clearly have no clue about. Fancy that.

Wax idiot-philosophical about your beliefs on tax policy anywhere else, but you're in a thread full of people with lifetimes of experience with the wide spectrum of autism and mental handicaps, if you want a serious discussion, I demand better of you than cartoon-stereotypes of masturbating retards.
>>
>>745300570
And where would you draw the line on the spectrum? There's been a lot of geniuses in history that were suspected to have had autism. Would you have killed them? They might have thought you were the one worthy of death in comparison to thier intellect. Or prehaps with thier great knowledege the figured out that all life has meaning.
>>
>>745300602
> cannot control other peoples behavior.
If I go out and purchase a meal in a restaurant and an adult is flailing around at the next table, or is generally loud and obnoxious i'm going to have the manager deal with it. If they don't do anything about it, I wouldn't be eating there. I don't go to a mcdolans and expect it to be quiet.
>>745300602
And the phone analogy is absolutely not the same as an adult having a temper tantrum.
>>745300796
Ideally you'd put them in a facility because wasting however many thousands of dollars teaching eddy he cant whip is balls out is a bad idea.
>>
>>745300607
Let me spell it out for you:
The thing you said didn't make sense because it was obviously contradictory. "I have empathy for people who matter" is an overwhelmingly un-empathetic statement, incredibly ironic. That IS my argument, I already made it in the first place, and I didn't call you any names.
>>
>>745300958
Not whoever ur talking to but. Their*
>>
>>745300976
It would cost the government MORE money to institutionalize these people, than have them be in loving, caring homes with thier families and give them a fraction of the money they would have required at an institute.
>>
>>745300958
If they can function as a human being that's all that matters. If they aren't dangerous or loud.
>>
>>745301139
My brother isn't dangerous and is only loud at home? Is that okay with you boss? Want me to wheel him into the gas chamber anyway?
>>
>>745299885
Hey dude that is very different from what my situation was, and I have enormous sympathy for you.
I had a split family and struggles too but I can say being older and having authority (physical and unspoken) Absolutely helps with being able to teach the child mind of an autistic person.
If I could give advice after you've been through all that, I'd just say know your limits and respect them.. don't be afraid to back off when you need to. Because he won't catch the queue's when you are stressed. And remember that most of the things that stress us, aren't getting to him.
Best of luck man.
If this is a day late and a dollar short then okay, but in case its not :)
>>
>>745301202
>My brother isn't dangerous and is only loud at home*
>>
>>745300304

Well said. That is where the argument derives then. You would believe your brother being autistic is what makes him "your brother". Similarly to if you had a gay brother, you would not wish him to be straight as being gay is apart of who he is.

Contrarily, I think my brother's disability is hindering his true self and they are two separate things. I think I believe in this because when my brother was growing up, his symptoms become more apparent and obvious. I know what he was like before his disability took over.

This is most likely something we would never agree upon. I do however really respect your opinion and beliefs regarding this.
>>
Tell him to tell his doctor to cut back the thorazine
>>
>>745301209
no, you're right on time. thank you. it's a process. I work with my brother a lot and whenever I mention that to people they lavish me with praise and "oh that's so amazing, you must be so etc. etc. I bet that's so fulfilling and etc." and the line I always give is that "In a lifetime of living with someone like that, I have met a lot of heroes. I don't consider myself one of them."
The teachers, the aides, the caseworkers, all the people who have so much more patience and understanding, the people I have seen make a difference in his life and others.

Sorry I'm just spilling a lot. But it's good to know someone understands.
>>
>>745301019
Let me explain then. I am more likely to be empathetic towards someone with a hard life rather than someone born mentally deficient. How do I feel bad for someone who can't comprehend most things?

>>745301202
Yes, thats okay with me. There is a reason dangerous people aren't allowed in public. And there's a reason you don't bring loud kids into places loud kids don't belong.
>>
Precisely, and also I agree that that is likely where the difference lies within. I think the only possible moral hair left to split is its possible if we asked your brother if he'd like to change what would he say?
I think we are like to never agree but I aswell respect your opinion and beliefs.
The bit that leads me to say I shouldn't choose for another person is more or less the Schrodingers cat that I know who he really is and I don't know who he really is.
So I could know what the right choice is and I could also not. As such the best course of action would be to leave them to their own devices.
Great chat man.
>>
>>745294143
Go to sleep Dan.
>>
>>745301553
I want to tac onto this by saying, yeah. It's really shitty to have been born with mental disabilities. Why should everyone else have to pay for it?
>>
>>745301499
I know where you're coming from dude. I had an ex ask me why I didn't think of getting a job with disabled people. When you've lived your whole life growing up and caring for someone the idea of then doing it for a job would go down like a cup of cold sick.
>>
>>745301553
>How do I feel bad for someone who can't comprehend most things?
By using EMPATHY. Practically the definition of empathy is to show understanding and care for people whose circumstances you don't fully comprehend.
If you are more likely to be empathetic to someone whose life-circumstances are similar to yours, but not someone whose circumstances you aren't familiar with and don't understand, "empathy" is the wrong word to use.

There's also no concrete justification why someone's mental deficiency makes them less deserving of your empathy.
>>
File: 1455268239836.jpg (8KB, 200x215px) Image search: [Google]
1455268239836.jpg
8KB, 200x215px
>>745301864
I love you. You summed up everything I've been trying to say.
>>
>>745301782
It's really shitty to have your house put under 10 feet of water by a hurricane, why should everyone else have to pay for it?

Because we're a civilized society, and caring for the weak and the sick and the young and the old is part of the basis and value of human society. These are the ideals we founded our culture on. Because we're not animals.
>>
>>745301553
>How do I feel bad for someone who can't comprehend most things?

The equivalent of someone on the autism spectrum will really high support needs could potential have the language and communication profile of a toddler, are you fine with someone dumping their toddler in the middle of a city?

You might also feel bad when the person is splattered across the road and or splattered across the windshield of a car, would that make you feel bad as releasing that toddler like adult into the community can achieve that effect? It is also important to note that you cannot see autism on someone dead in this situation, so it could potential be anyone.
>>
>>745301840
So true. My moms used to try and get me to sign up to speak about Autism with youth. FUCK THAT. It sounds crazy selfish but this is already such a huge part of my life, I never want it to become more
>>
>>745300976
You also can't control what that manager will do, or what other people will tolerate. And any generalization that your choices to frequent one establishment or not will reflect others I would say is grossly misplaced.

You could not be any more possibly wrong in believing my frustrations with you making me wait because of your phone call is any different from hearing my brother get upset in public.
You can't control him, I can't control you. I just don't have illusions that I can control you.
But we can move on from that point if you like because clearly we will cover no more ground there.

Also I never advocating using tax dollars, I side with the fact that its the families job to take care of him. Even when its at its hardest. And when its too hard for someone, then its in the good will of people to help them. Not in a law taking money out of my hard earned dollar.
But a facility is also arguably a waste of many thousands of dollars. And I do not advocate solutions that don't work.

Further logic on institutionalizing versus education and therapy.... the latter 2 always win. we can fill prisons... or we can get people out there fixing their mistakes and helping the world.

But sincerely, from the bottom of my heart. Any remaining sentiment that you are more entitled to space or life more than my brother or other disabled people.....
Is the sentiment that turns our civilization to animals instead of people. And it further splits our ideals and willingness to kill each other when we feel the lives of those we care about are threatened.
If you really do think you are more entitled to life and space on this earth than others, fuck you dude. Fuck you twice, fuck your mother, fuck your family, and I hope children you have are born with down syndrome, and your wife cheats on you the day you are framed for hate crimes and child porn.
>>
>>745302132
Would you have gone to something like this as a kid? Do you think it would have helped? I'd consider it, it might feel really good speaking to younger people who are in the same boat and are struggling to cope. I wish I was offered something like that as a kid. Check it out. YOLO dude
>>
>>745294143
ill join the club, my bro is 4 yrs older than me, pretty severe in a way where he doesnt really speak, but he can say certain short phrases and understands simple sentences. has this habit where he always needs to come into my room to push in the chair when im not using it, and lights need to be off when im not in the room. Pretty annoying tbh having him constantly shuffle into my room whenever i leave it for even 5 mins. also tends to slam the back door of the house, takes clothes from my dirty laundry basket sometimes and mixes it up with parents laundry etc. lotsa irritating small things but he helps around the house and tbh even though its annoying it could be worse and we're pretty lucky to have him
>>
>aspergers
>social phobia
>ocd
4chan is pretty much my only connection with people at all...
>>
OP HERE GUYS.

Never would I have thought this thread would turn out like this. It has been really therapeutic to relate to ya'll and I dig the community that just popped up here.

On that note. My bro is freaking out so I need to go give him meds before he starts yelling and humping shit. Have a nice night and feel free to continue chatting. I will most likely come back to lurk
>>
why haven't you killed him yet?
>>
File: 1432631019108.jpg (6KB, 216x212px) Image search: [Google]
1432631019108.jpg
6KB, 216x212px
>>745302206
Poetry
>>
>>745294143
What is your favorite movie?
>>
>>745302206
>fuck you dude. Fuck you twice, fuck your mother, fuck your family, and I hope children you have are born with down syndrome, and your wife cheats on you the day you are framed for hate crimes and child porn.
Not the person you are arguing with, but it's kinda ironic you are wishing all that on someone especially after giving a big speech about empathy and understanding.

Guess your empathy is just as limited as the person you were arguing with?

Everything is conditional isnt it.
>>
>>745302249
YOLO indeed. I may end up doing something like this one day but as of right now, I'm only 20 and I've got a lot of shit going on in my life. Help yourself before you help others
>>
>>745302378
Not OP but if you're in here you must be here because you're a little bit curious. Watch "the black balloon" it's a movie about a family that has an autistic son.
>>
I have autism but I'm independent. Sure, I'm weird and have no friends. Not even my family likes to be around me. But I'm one of the best damn programmers you'll ever meet, I eat well and have an apartment I love. I'm happy and I really just don't have that need for companionship so all is well.
>>
>>745302437
He turned the other cheek only to be slapped again. I don't blame him.
>>745302507
Good on you dude, do what makes you happy!
>>
does he screach "Reeeeeeeeeee" when you suck his dick? or just grunt and slobber?
>>
>>745302566
>He turned the other cheek only to be slapped again. I don't blame him.
I dont blame him either, but it's just funny due to the hypocrisy.
>>
>>745302254
All those little habits are so similar to the kind of stuff my brother does. My bro has a weird fixation with shoe laces and likes to always carry around a shoe so he can flick the laces back and forth. It definitely turns some heads in public but it's a stress reliever for him.
>>
>>745302094
>The equivalent of someone on the autism spectrum will really high support needs could potential have the language and communication profile of a toddler, are you fine with someone dumping their toddler in the middle of a city?
I dont even know where this came from. Yes, i'd feel bad until I knew one of them was put out of their misery.
>>745301864
>>745302206
>There's also no concrete justification why someone's mental deficiency makes them less deserving of your empathy.
Do you feel bad for killing ants? What about random bugs? Lacking comprehension. Point proven.
>>745302206
The manager will likely remove you. No self respecting restaurant is going to let adult tantrums happen. People pay money to eat at their establishment. They aren't going to make the entire building of paying customers tolerate your brother.

>Further logic on institutionalizing versus education and therapy.... the latter 2 always win. we can fill prisons... or we can get people out there fixing their mistakes and helping the world.
Sure! As long as it doesn't affect me for whatever reason.
>>
>>745301499
>>745302132
Yea I sorta dislike the praise myself. Its not glamorous, its work. And its hard work when the person you are helping doesn't show appreciation often or the same way we are used to getting from others we invest in.
spill all you want man, its a good place for it. and Rare that it happens on here. This thread has kept me up a few hours later than I would have slept. Its nice to talk to peers. Or in other words people that understand what its actually like.
Also speaking at groups or whatever... eh whatever your fancy is. I'd start with asking yourself if you have something worth sharing... not if people need to hear it.
then go from there. Just my thoughts.
>>
>>745302278
wow man... you should try reddit. I would say it's a little less of an introverted community. I'm sure lurking here is not helping you
>>
>>745302507
youre lucky dude, and tbh idk you but im glad you are content with your life. Im not even content with mine but im lucky enough to not have autism, i take shit for granted but you dont so good on you sir
>>
>>745301864 here
AND FURTHERMORE

People born with disabilities ARE people who have a hard life. The people around them, their parents and siblings, are people with hard lives. Are you actively trying to understand peoples' plights? I'll help!
I understand that you can't identify with a mentally-disabled person's brain, you don't know, how could you. But could you imagine having a kid, and finding out he was autistic? Could you have empathy for people who have autistic siblings? You don't get to claim empathy and then spend an entire thread arguing with people who you are refusing to empathize with. Are you trying?
[1/2]
>>
>>745302820
>>745301553

And if it helps one bit, those dollars spent are not only well-spent and valuable, but they bring dollars back. If you imagine that they all have the thinking capacity of a rock, and that the only things they need to be taught is not to masturbate in public, then of COURSE this all seems like a lost cause.
But everyone is born with a certain amount of potential, and how much of it they achieve is never set in stone. Because of the money spent on education, and socialization, and other necessary things, my brother has reached so much further than he could have. He has a job. He reads more than I do, and not kids' books, either. Sometimes people don't even understand that he has difficulties (which is its own set of problems, but I digress). People he saw back in high school still say hi and wave to him when they see him out and about. He's quiet, but charming and obviously means well, people like him. He has a better life, he is better to people, and he is more productive to society (he has a job! money isn't everything, but it's true, he's worth more than without!)

Here's the key though: I have met so many people who were born with similar difficulties and a VERY similar amount of potential to him. But they weren't challenged, they weren't cared for, they came from families with even less time and less money, they didn't take advantage of the programs that were offered. In worse areas, in worse school districts. And now someone who COULD HAVE TURNED OUT LIKE HIM, is instead illiterate, practically non-verbal, and only eats chicken nuggets for two meals a day. Of course, no job either. Because the system failed them.
You don't want your tax money wasted. I understand. But you know it's not a waste, right? And it's actually a sound investment!
>>
>>745301273
fuck i missed pointing the response.
here dude
>>745301655
>>745301655
>>745301655

hope you see that
>>
yeah i have high functioning autism. im able to run a business, though i have to go the extra mile and a half to get and retain it, but i feel like my clients tend to stick around if they can get past my initial weirdness because i seem to charm people. so it's a bitch, but if you have HFA and youre reading this, dont sell yourself too short.
>>
>>745302485
No, I don't give a shit about autism. Op said "ask me anything". Anything means exactly that, anything. Not "only ask me things related to autism" I want to know what op's favorite movie is.
>>
>>745302813
I mean it's really like an 'everything in its right place' type of deal. I'm right where O should be, not as many with my condition are as lucky. But thank you.
>>
>>745302935
Hard to answer but I recently re-watched cloud atlas. What a good tale that is... don't know if I could say without a doubt that is my favourite movie ever though
>>
>>745302278

Have you considered seeing a psychologist? The current diagnosis for autism spectrum disorder is essentially what you are describing:

>>social phobia
Social communication difficulties

>>ocd
Repetitive behaviors and interests.

I do not want to criticise you but the psychological behavioral manifestations in autism can be debilitating as anxiety, which can often be diagnosed with autism as a comorbiddisorder. I have been diagnosed with anxiety and do not have autism, but I know there are range of medications and psychological treatments that help.

>>745302507

Relationships do not always have to be face-to-face, as long as you are happy in life that is what matters.

>>745302736
>I dont even know where this came from.

This post(>>745301553), which I am assuming is yours with the full quote:

Let me explain then. I am more likely to be empathetic towards someone with a hard life rather than someone born mentally deficient. How do I feel bad for someone who can't comprehend most things?

I quoted:

> How do I feel bad for someone who can't comprehend most things?

You were essentially describing someone with high support needs that would have very limited language and communication like a toddler. Using words, points at objects and or they may still be trying to make words because language is the tool that we use to interpret the world around us and communicate our needs. I made the comment about a toddler very explicit because you simply did not care for someone that vulnerable.
>>
>>745302724
what other stuff does he do
>>
>>745302736
>Do you feel bad for killing ants? What about random bugs? Lacking comprehension. Point proven.

Your imagination of what autism-spectrum people are like has no basis in reality. It's not like squishing bugs or breaking rocks, it's more like killing toddlers (in some cases) or killing kids with speech impediments (in others). Even severely disabled people still have thoughts and emotions. We're not talking about braindead people on life support, either.
>>
>>745303053
Alright, haven't seen it, but maybe I'll give it a shot. Mine is either, back to the future, or toy story.
>>
File: vardagsrum.jpg (229KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
vardagsrum.jpg
229KB, 1200x800px
Autistic NEET here..
Been taking care of my self for the past 15 years but still live in assisted home.
My parents pretty much dumped me here when I was 18.
>have my own room (like a small apartment)
>also shared spaces
>always helpers/nurses around in case
>get help with buying food and having contact with doctors etc
>actually feel like a human being here unlike with my family who ignored me
>sometimes have seizures when I blackout
>friendly nurse always helps me, no matter what time it is
>>
>>745302651
>>745302437
No hypocrisy, I didn't give a speech about empathy and understanding.
I just tried to share understanding and raise questions about any readers thoughts.
I'm on no higher path of righteousness, only enlightenment and learning.
I detest someone who claims my brother has no right to live or eat at a restaurant the same way you might defend your family.
But yes I admit there are strong empathy themes to my points.
>>
>>745303188
place looks nice anon, sorry about the whole family thing... sounds kinda lonely
>>
>>745301655
Just seeing this now. Wow I've always day dreamed about having that conversation with him. Just to be able to ask him how he feels about it would be incredible.

But that's not possible. He's been asked "are you autistic" before and his mind just implodes. He cannot comprehend that question.
>>
>>745302866
>People born with disabilities ARE people who have a hard life. The people around them, their parents and siblings, are people with hard lives.
I'm sure they do. It really sucks to only be born to burden everyone around you and I truly feel bad for anyone who has to come in contact with it.
I know you typed up that huge paragraph but you don't see me arguing against you. I never said they're all a lost cause. If they can lead a life without bothering the public good for them. This is rare though.
It is more wise to spend money on a normal person with a shitty life than to spend money making someone into that normal person.
>>
>>745303188
And here we see the product of our tax dollars. NEET, government leech living in a place much much nicer than 90% of the middle class.
>>
>>745301655
This is the same guy but you and EVERYONE on this thread needs to watch this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qm0OGJwoYmg
>>
>>745303188
I feel like if you're able to write this well that you should be able to do something. What about it keeps you from succeeding?
>>
>>745303263
It's pretty nice here agreed.
And yes it gets lonely. My mom visits once a month but my dad doesn't talk to me anymore. Guess I'm his biggest failure..
>>745303471
29 people share that living room anon. People with all kind of mental disabilities.
What do you want us to have?
>>
>>745303322
You keep throwing out stupid bullshit with no basis in reality. I'm getting tired of having to talk to you as if your position is valid enough to be addressed because each and every response involves some kind of line that tells VERY CLEARLY that you have no fucking clue what you're talking about. "This is rare though", ON WHAT BASIS. Talking out your fucking ass.

I have been far more patient with you than you have ever deserved. Our positions are not in any way equal, and there's a reason why almost everyone who has personal experience with this world disagrees with you, who knows nothing.
>>
>>745303471
>government leech living in a place much much nicer than 90% of the middle class.

A lot of people with autism find it difficult to become employed, even the number of people with autism employed part time is higher than full time employment with an higher percentage of people wanting an actual job at least in my country Australia. Your post demonstrates that attitude quite well, that people with autism are something to be despised and will not amount to anything. How is someone with autism is going to get a job when other people believe they are worthless?
>>
>>745303117
It changes every couple years. He plays with the light switches all the time. Constantly straightens things that are crooked. He is obsessed with flushing the toilet and plugging the toilet with toilet paper (this really sucks). He has to fist pound everyone he meets like 10+ times. He always mumbles under his breathes inaudible things
>>
>>745303611
I can't read faces or moods, can difficulties talking and get random blackouts/seizures that lasts anything between 2-40 minutes. Sometimes multiple times a day.
Even if I wanted a job (I always wanted to drive trains) I cant..
I have no proper education but I'm got at writing and reading, books is my escape.
>>
>>745303150
solid choices. I really recommend it
>>
>>745302736
I never claimed he deserved your empathy, that would be your discussion with the other gentleman.
Your question at killing ants is meant to raise the philosophical question is it wrong to end life for something that has no value.
Well what is that value? and who decides it. Certainly not you.
Not myself.
But if we are to leave it purely to an individual, you might choose to end the life of my brother for deeming him less worthy of life.
And I would make the exact same decision for you my friend. And nor would I think twice.

Secondly to your thoughts about the manager,
Some might. Some might not. But that hardly matters. As that won't stop me or my brother from going to dinner. And its purely your choice whether or not you decide to go into public and deal with the nuisances other people bring. Just like I must deal with the nuisances that other people bring when I decide to go out. I also find it a little curious the way you imply authority in a manager. As if that speaks for some greater sense of societies duties or dispositions to people that are disabled.

And with no surprise your only interest in what we do with disabled people is purely selfish. and that's fine I don't fault you. However 1 thing you may want to note, nobody anywhere else will operate out of anything other than selfishness when you impose rudeness on others.
Such as me cutting you off when you flip me off in traffic.
Or more extreme you advocating passing a law to kill disabled people, and I bury you in the desert.
You don't seem overly interested in intelligent recourse, only in preaching to others in an attempt to project your beliefs so it might change the way they take disabled people places that you have to deal with.
To that end more power to you.
And to satisfy my whimsy further, fuck you.
>>
>>745303817
holy shit same with my brother, he also clogs the toliet but not with toliet paper, with trash. and yeha dude my brother also gets new habits every year. i wonder what makes them change though
>>
>>745303471
Your taxdollars doesn't pay a damn thing. ¨
I'm guessing anon who posted the pic is Swedish with that filename and all Swedish assisted homes are government funded, run totally by donations and government aided funds not achieved by taxes

t. former assisted housing nurse
>>
>>745303522
This is a really unfortunate case. Being self aware of your disabilities would be a living hell.

>>745303785
Everyone finds it difficult to become employed. They can get a job like everyone else. If people think they're worthless that's a fact of life. Not all of them are worthless, but some people think that. But everyone is born with shit they need to deal with. I'm not going to pay for it.
>>
>>745303850
I'm the computer programmer with high functioning that wrote above. I don't think too many have ever told you to try. I want you to go here
https://www.codecademy.com and go through some of these tutorials to see if you like it. Coding literally saved my life and you can do it from the safety of your home, with no one to bother you. You can look for freelance work online and go from there once you have gotten good. Just go through one tutuorial.
>>
>>745303850
it's good that you got good at that stuff. reading and writing are so valuable, even if you don't get a job with them, there's so much to be learned from books. Good for you.
>>
>>745304143
Not him but it's literally impossible to get a job in Sweden where that anon is from without a proper education of some sort.
Even McDonalds requires some kind of higher education here.
I'm perfectly normal, have a degree in IT an automotive engineering but been a NEET for 4 years now.. At best I've gotten an internship for a few months.
How someone like anon who doesn't have an education and suffer from all his problems? Good luck, better chance of winning the lottery.
>>
the earth is overpopulated. tards must be exterminated. except the ones who give handjobs for candybars. they can stay. REEEEeeeeee.
>>
>>745303944
You're attacking me like I personally want those people to die. I wouldn't end his life just because I think he isn't worthy. The whole ending someones life thing only happens in the womb. The point I had there was that nobody feels bad for killings a mindless ant. I don't want you and your brother to stop going out to dinner. I want your brother to not be loud and obnoxious. It's a public place everyone paid money to be and everyone expects a reasonable environment for. I imply authority in the manager because most likely everyone else expects the same.
>>
i am autismtic fuck me am i right
>>
>>745304236
Never been good with computers, and I live in Sweden. More programmers here than needed.
The government program that helps you find a job here (Arbetsförmedlingen) refuses to sign me in.
>>
>>745303297
Yeaaaa, sorry man. That's one question that will probly go unanswered.
On the bright side its nice seeing them still experience fun and pleasantries of life. From his perception... his life's greatest happy levels are what seem to us like just a good day having gotten a nice compliment.
I wouldn't trade my experiences with my brother for anything.
>>
I'm tired and headed off, won't even bother naming which poster I was, but thank you so much everyone. It's reassuring to see people like you here. I don't know many people with similar circumstances, it's easy to think I'm alone, it's easy to think no one will understand, it's easy to get discouraged. Thank you, you'll never know how much it meant.
>>
>>745304424
>How someone like anon who doesn't have an education and suffer from all his problems?
Thats the winning question. They survive in the situation they were put in. They were born with a disability, so that means I pay for it?
>>
reeeeeeeeeeee. tard slobber. reeeeeeeee. reeeeeeeeeee.
>>
>>745303522
will do man, I'll give it a watch between responding to everyone haha. :)
>>
>>745304840
>so that means I pay for it?
You don't. At least not here.
>>
>>745304686
Well, even if you aren't good at it, it is definitely one skill you can excel at with how many resources exist on the internet. Just keep that in mind. Maybe you can build a strong skillset in it and present it to the government agency so that they will more likely give you a programming job.
>>
QUICK EVERYONE

I really liked this so I created a forum for it. Here it is. I'll build it later. Feel free to rant, ask questions or do whatever the fuck you want on there with no judgement. I will always keep on eye on it

http://brosofautists.boards.net/
>>
>>745294143
Why do niggers use "Autism" as an excuse for
their criminiggedry?
>>
>>745304931
thank you.
>>
>>745304931
>>745304923
>>745304872
>>745304703
>>745304799
>>745304591
>>745304424
>>745304143

Check it http://brosofautists.boards.net/
>>
>>745304577
Then perhaps I have pulled the classic forum fail and mistaken you for the person I began this discussion with.
If that is the case then,
My apologies.

My hostility comes from being defensive about that very notion that "those people" deserve to die. And everything else I've largely responded calmly and intelligently too.

at what point did you respond to something I had said?

>>745298483
>>wanna just take them out back and shoot them in the head?
>Uh, yeah. Until people learn to stop taking them into public places. Or until they stop absorbing millions of tax dollars.
>>
>>745305335
I really only meant the vegetables.
>>
>>745305434
....??????
wat

I'll try again

>>745298483
>>wanna just take them out back and shoot them in the head?
>Uh, yeah. Until people learn to stop taking them into public places. Or until they stop absorbing millions of tax dollars.

>take them out back shoot them in the head
>shoot them in the head
>shoot them

>Uh, yeah. Until people learn to stop taking them into public places.
>Uh, yeah. Until people stop taking them into public.

I don't even
>>
>>745294143
Is your name Alex or Jasmine.
>>
>>745305791
The definition of a vegetable is a person that is no longer able to mentally function. An example of a vegetable is someone with a brain injury that cannot live without support.
>>
>>745305925
I know what a vegetable is. What I'm wondering is how a vegetable person throws a tantrum in a restaurant...
>>
>>745305856
Kaden
>>
>>745306033
They don't. Which is why I said, only kill the vegetables
>>
>>745306063
Carry on then.
>>
>>745306098
Okay so you didn't make the comment I just quoted?
Or did you say something that wasn't what you felt or meant?
>>
Well looks like I'm the last soldier of the thread. Hope some of you feel a bit better. I'm goin to bed. And thanks again OP for the moral provoking chat. Peace
>>
>>745298547
No, man. He IS your older brother. He's not some sad projecting hiding the real him. That is him, m8.
>>
>>745306099
Right
Thread posts: 216
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.