[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw smoking 13 packs a day any of you guys manuged to quit?

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: burning_cigarette1.jpg (48KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
burning_cigarette1.jpg
48KB, 640x480px
>tfw smoking 13 packs a day

any of you guys manuged to quit?
>>
>>745134689
never started, only thing I smoke is a Cohiba or whatever my father has in his stock when we hang out.

How much money do you spend monthly on cigs?
>>
File: terrible.jpg (54KB, 528x600px) Image search: [Google]
terrible.jpg
54KB, 528x600px
>>745134689
>13 packs a day
>>
File: cigarettes.jpg (29KB, 467x500px) Image search: [Google]
cigarettes.jpg
29KB, 467x500px
i quit when i realized that the process of smoking is just YOU suffocating yourself with a ton of toxic chemicals. Try to inhale so much that you cant keep it in, till your eyes start to run. Thats how i quit.
gl op and the best wishes
>>
Nicotine gum/losanhers and a lot of green tea or coffee. You basically need to scare yourself out of it. I began feeling more disgusted the more I learned about it
>>
>>745134689
chew/dip , not only delicious but a better alternative.

Also switching from chew to gum is a lot easier
then ciggies to gum. Getting used to absorbing
nicotine through your gums is way eaiser that
way then straight from ciggies.
>>
Around here (ohio area) its around 6$ a pack so like over 2000$ a month is what it would cost for him to smoke that much...
>>
The 10th was 7 months nicotine free for me after smoking for 7 years.

I realized that I hated something having power over me and my choices (addiction) and quit cold turkey. No patch, no gum, nothing. The first four days were the worst. Day 4 itself, I was a douchebag. But it got easier from there. At the two week mark, there was basically no looking back. I made it a game--how long I could go without smoking. And that helped me, because I didn't want to lose my own game by giving up the time I spent without cigarettes.
>>
>>745134689
just stop slowly
smoke 12 packs a day next week
11 packs a day the week after that
take your sweet time so long as each week you smoke less than the previous, and you'll eventually get down to zero
>>
>>745135550
kek
>>
>>745134689
13? a day? is that a typo or hyperbole? Cause there are 20 cigs in a pack. Times 13, that's 260 cigarettes. If you only sleep 6 hours a night, you're left with 18 hours in your day, or 1,080 minutes. 260 cigarettes divided by 1080 miutes is about .24, meaning you smoke a quarter of a cigarette per miute, or it takes 4 minutes to smoke one. So you're telling me, you sleep less than 8 hours a night, and chainsmoke EVERY WAKING HOUR to the tune of 14 smokes? I can't even imagine someone sucking down a cigarette so hard it's gone in 4 minutes. That sounds ridiculous.
>>
>>745135609
he just smokes 30 cigs at a time like a gentleman
>>
>>745135793
dun goofed
>>
>>745134689
ok i'll take this bait

Yes, I quit. Tips for success inbound

1) Tell every new person who asks if you'd like a cigarette that you don't smoke. If you tell them you're trying to quit you'll get tempted and they'll also offer you again.
2) Realise that real bad cravings will come in threes. 3 minutes, 3 hours, 3 days, 3 months, 3 years. Treat these as milestones, once you've beat one the next is farther away.
3) Buy a shit-ton of baby oranges. Eat one when you have a craving or want a cigarette. The vitamin C will quell the nicotine craving, your hands will be busy whilst peeling and segmenting, the movement of your hand to put the segment in your mouth replicates the movement of smoking, and eating a baby orange takes roughly the same amount of time as smoking a cig.

Good luck anon
>>
File: 1505061630931.png (66KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1505061630931.png
66KB, 1000x1000px
>>745134689
This is what i never understand, im a smoker and the most i can manage to do is just half a pack a day, so i never can grasp how someone could smoke 2 or 3 packs a day, let alone 13!
As for me, quitting smoking theres different devices and techniques you can use, but in all honesty its a matter of willpower and just not buying another pack
Hope this helps in some way...
>>
>>745134689
Get a vape. What are you, 60? Sheesh
>>
>>745136037
>Buy a shit-ton of baby oranges
good advice for anyone
those things are delicious
>>
>>745136037
They're not baby oranges, they're called mandarin oranges.
>>
Whats so bad about smoking.
Been smoking for over a year now feels good nothing happend since there.
>>
>>745138246
Give it a few years to a decade and you'll be coughing up all sorts of shit, get out of breath easily and always be catching colds. Most people will be fine if they quit, but saying there's nothing bad about smoking is just untrue. It does fuck you up one way or the other, just a matter of how much and when.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.