[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Star Wars and Star Trek are equally good.

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: watch mojo dot kom.jpg (138KB, 1280x710px) Image search: [Google]
watch mojo dot kom.jpg
138KB, 1280x710px
Star Wars and Star Trek are equally good.
>>
It depends on how you choose to grade enjoyability.
It also depends on which parts of both franchises you're using.
>>
>>745129875
Stargate > Star Trek >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Star Wars.
>>
>>745129875
Apples and oranges.
>>
>>745129927
>It depends on how you choose to grade enjoyability.

For me, I grade it by the amount of enjoyment I get. Call me old-fashioned, but that's how I see it.

>It also depends on which parts of both franchises you're using.

I'm talking about the good parts. Obviously.
>>
>>745129875
Borg vs the empire? Who wins?
>>
>>745129974
Let's slightly spin that. What about a story do you enjoy and why?
The characters? Star Trek if you like hanging out with characters; Star Wars if you want to see them win.
Themes? Okay, that's Star Trek hands down
The Action? Star Wars pretty exclusively
The quality of writing? Star Trek.
The animation? Star Wars wins that pretty hard.

>>745129969
You added beans to a discussion about Apples and Oranges
>>
File: 1449990535133.jpg (58KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
1449990535133.jpg
58KB, 500x374px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GifS4zwggE
>>
>>745129969
Farscape>Stargate
>>
>>745129875
The Expanse is better than both put together
>>
>>745129875
False, -1.

Star Trek>>>star wars.
>>
>>745130332
Farscape>most things that tend toward existence
>>
Is it worth me starting watching the Star Trek tv show now or has it aged horribly?
>>
Dune master race checking in...
But to get to OP's claim, the original Star Trek series is better written than anything in Star Wars, and the acting is equally wooden, but Star Wars is visually more advanced, so it actually is a tie. That is setting aside later Star Trek derivatives and the godawful SW prequels.
>>
>>745130514
It's mostly the same quality it was originally. But it's pretty important to understand TOS was always campy as hell. I'd recommend DS9 to someone who prefers the modern overaching plot, and TNG otherwise

>>745130696
For me it comes down to characters and faithfulness to the silver age. And that's Star Trek hard.
>>
>>745130328
kek
>>
Red Dwarf>every other sci-fi ever
>>
I think it depends on whether you want science stories or adventure stories.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.