[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who is in the right?

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

File: 1.684.359.png (218KB, 1200x754px) Image search: [Google]
1.684.359.png
218KB, 1200x754px
Who is in the right?
>>
They're both dumb. Kelvin master race.
>>
I guess that explains why the USA isnt some third world shit hole, or Eurotrash fucked up sand-nigger appeasing dick licker.
>>
>>745041887
The orange Fahrenheit areas have to learn both. just like they have to learn metric and standard measurements.

So, orange is just annoyed.
>>
>>745042033
Totes practical for every day use.
>>
>>745042094
dad to day Britain tends to only use Celsius for temperature. but we tend to use a mixture of the other measurements,
when measuring up a room for furniture we will use MM, CM etc but all of our road signs are still in Miles
>>
>>745042055
>the USA is not some third world shithole

Kek have you ever been to western Europe. We have it so much better than you do.
>>
>>745042055
Even if anything you said was true, correlation does not equate to causation.
>>
>>745042207

Depends. Roads are still in miles. If you talk to the older generation they'll often still use fahrenheit, inches, feet etc..
But school only teaches metric, so we'll be rid of that soon.
>>
I wouldn't think of it as "right/wrong" but the metric system + Celsius just makes more sense.
>>
>>745042273
lol

That's why refugees move to your country, and Drs and scientists from your countries move to USA.

How's your house? I live in a modest 3 bedroom, but on 20 acres of land. Own 2 vehicles (a truck for winter driving) - and I actually shower everyday.
>>
>>745042055

Out of the developed world the US has:
> highest crime rate
> highest poverty rate
> highest incarceration rate
> highest gun violence rate
> worst education system
> and the only one with no version of a universal health care system

Unless you're super rich, you're fucked living in the US.

I know I took the bait, but still...
>>
>>745042434
its even in tabletop gaming come to think of it,
40k and shit like it have all their distances in inches (48 inch range, 6 inch move) but the bases for miniatures are classified in MM
>>
>>745042629
>triggered americucks incoming
>>
>>745042598
where in the states do you live?
>>
although fahrenheit is worse than celsius nothing is worse than fucking England with its shit mixture of the 2
>>
>>745042829
look, we get its dumb, we want to be cool and hang out with the metric countries, but we are also obsessed with our imperial past and have to remember "how it used to be" and "when we ruled the world" so older measurements still get dusted off because "that's how the Victorians did it!"
>>
>>745042668

And you'd think a futuristic fighting force like that would use sensible measurements.
>>
File: americanhistoryx.jpg (14KB, 480x302px) Image search: [Google]
americanhistoryx.jpg
14KB, 480x302px
>>745042629
That's the thing. Everyone in the US thinks they will grow up to be actors, rock stars, and technology innovators. No one tells us that for every successful American, there are many who failed, and are now poor and lost in the crowd.

The American dream is just that, a dream.

And I am saying all of this as an American. People live with too much blind faith here.
>>
>>745042629

Nevermind how they're happily polluting the environment and poisoning their own people.
The US has almost no enforceable water regulations and basically no regulations when it comes to big companies pumping chemicals into the environment.

They have no regards for anything but their wallets and happily let everyone around them die.
>>
>>745041887
"the right" lol wtf what a stupid question
>>
>>745044178
t. Fahrenheit user
>>
File: commiemetric.jpg (714KB, 422x635px) Image search: [Google]
commiemetric.jpg
714KB, 422x635px
>>
>>745042173
He's right though.
>>
I think it hasn't changed because it would take more than changing schools and making new roads signs. A lot of critical infrastructure and products are based on the imperial system. If you have ever been inside of any industrial complex, or even something as simple as a car garage you would know this. It is very common to use both and imperial in the US, whether people realize they use both or not.

So really Americans are at an advantage as they should know both. I know people are going to say "hurr durr, Amerifats learning anything." But the reality is that any American who paid attention in school and participates in any industry where you have to measure, calculate, or use basic tools.. then you should know both. I am glad I can seamlessly use both systems.
>>
>>745041887
God this shit gets on my nerves so I refuse to learn any Fahrenheit and still continue to use Celsius when talking to my American friends, and they have to go away and google. So I guess it's their stupid problem
>>
File: 1505146274709.jpg (34KB, 500x372px) Image search: [Google]
1505146274709.jpg
34KB, 500x372px
>>745046119
>God this shit gets on my nerves so I refuse to learn any Mandarin and still continue to use English when talking to my Chinese friends, and they have to go away and google. So I guess it's their stupid problem.

How stupid you sound. If you hate Americans so much, stop communicating with them. Oh wait, the majority of the world has to communicate with Americans because we are the center of the global economy. Sucks to be you.
>>
Even star trek use celsius !
>>
>>745042629
You're incorrect on a few points, but not all. They do not have the highest poverty rate and don't have the worst education system among the developed world. It still needs improvement, but overall americans live pretty great lives comparatively.
>>
>>745042629
They technically have universal healthcare too, though its a very broken version of it.
>>
>>745041887
Belize
>>
>>745047676
Compared to Africa?
>>
>>745047873
How about Greece or Spain.
>>
>>745042033
/thread
>>
>>745042033
this, although Kelvin uses Celsius degrees
>>
Celsius is useful for plebs no doubt. But fahrenheit is a staple of scientific communities around the world. Celsius could say something like, this is 42 degrees Celsius. This works for your mum boiling water no problem. But when youre doing exact measurements in a scientific manner, that must be exact down to the smallest unit, fahrenheit is required. 41 degrees Celsius sure, but it could be anywhere between 105-106 degrres, because the decimal space on Fahrenheit is far more accurate and precise a measurement. It's easier to write 105.3 degrees Fahrenheit rather than 41.72227472882 degrees celsius. And for scientific data it's no contest.
>>
>>745048111
Celsius is best for meteorological use as it pertains to the general public. Fahrenheit is more accurate and Kelvin is... well Kelvin. There's also the Rankine system. Those are the main four in use in descending order.
>>
Fahrenheit is more accurate. Move on.
>>
>>745048254
/thread

>degrre
>>
>>745042598
When was the last time you had a power blackout?

When I lived in MA we had one every other week for a couple of min to hours.
In Germany I had one like 5 years ago for 5min and non for the 10 years before.
>>
>>745041887
As an american i have no problem admitting the imperial system is retarded but when your indoctrinated at young age its hard to shake.
>>
>>745049015
It wouldn't be that hard if we actually tried but it kills most Americans to accept something simple like that. Imperial units are just a dank meme.
>>
>>745045962
>I am glad I can seamlessly use both systems.

Everybody can, but the more complicated a system is the higher the chance is that people make mistakes, cause people are people.

In the US you have many 10000 of dead just because pharmacies/nurses/dr. give people the wrong doses of medicine.
Often doses depend on the body weight. So they get the weight in pound, translate it into kg, get the doses in miligrams and transform that into teespoons (tsp) or tablespoons(tbsp).

Now every extra step makes it more likely that someone makes a mistake. And mixing tsp and tbsp, can also be catastrophic.
>>
>>745046796
thats just so it sounds more like science-fiction to the average murican
>>
>>745048410
thats like saying feet is more accurate than miles

or vice-versa, what do I know
>>
>>745042033
Kelvin is the same scale as Celsius.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.