[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /b/ think of the religion Buddhism?

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 9

File: xddd.jpg (122KB, 740x411px) Image search: [Google]
xddd.jpg
122KB, 740x411px
What does /b/ think of the religion Buddhism?
>>
It's good. They ain't hurting nobody.
>>
File: 1411340198484.jpg (20KB, 475x263px) Image search: [Google]
1411340198484.jpg
20KB, 475x263px
>>744866755
There are actually a bunch of violent sects of buddhism.
>>
>>744866970
its still better then jews and niggers
>>
>>744866970
and you suck dicks... what's your point?
>>
>>744866970
This.
>>
>>744866970

pics or it didnt happen
>>
Better than the Abrahamic religions, but still totally unnecessary.
>>
File: Edgy.jpg (16KB, 240x210px) Image search: [Google]
Edgy.jpg
16KB, 240x210px
>>744867031
>>
>>744866605
buddhism isn't really a religion as such, it was just labelled so by westerners. it's more of a philosophy.
>>
>>744866605
When did Buddhism become a religion? Lol
>>
>>744868054
Came here to post this, Western newbs don't know shit
>>
File: buddha.jpg (606KB, 2556x1767px) Image search: [Google]
buddha.jpg
606KB, 2556x1767px
>>74486605

the pic you got there is not the main, no. one guy in that religion, that is the real budda.

what U got here is the 'laughing budda', a person who also join this following.

this is what the real budda image look like.
>>
>>744868729
Wasn't Buddha a pampered prince?
>>
File: u2.png (188KB, 1360x569px) Image search: [Google]
u2.png
188KB, 1360x569px
>>744866605
they're based
>>
>>744868653
>chants aum
>thinks hes a full blown buddihst
>achieving nirvana
>>
File: ReligionOfPeace.jpg (104KB, 896x564px) Image search: [Google]
ReligionOfPeace.jpg
104KB, 896x564px
>>744867399
>>
File: 1502665713390.jpg (96KB, 640x619px) Image search: [Google]
1502665713390.jpg
96KB, 640x619px
>>744866755
I don't necessarily "care" about any religion, Buddhism or anything else. As long as your beliefs are kept to yourself and these beliefs help you with your view of world, at the end of the day, caring that people believe things isn't worth it. When you're beliefs of the making of the world tell you to go yell at people who don't believe the same, that's when I have a problem. Faith should stay as only that, faith. Who am I to tell someone their entire view of the world is wrong? And who are they to tell me, I'm wrong? Obviously they have the right, but it's pointless at the end of the the day

Buddhism is one belief/practice that I respect wholeheartedly even though I'm atheist because it's more about teachings and bettering one's self. Obviously anything is going to have extremists that kill people blindly, but the full teachings of the 'master buddha' is what I can actually respect.
>>
>>744868054
>>744868653
Buddhism began as a philosophy, yes, but there is religious Buddhism, as well. Basically people took the philosophy and turned it into a religion, which is where all the Buddhist gods came from.
If you want to say that Buddhism SHOULDN'T be a religion or wasn't MEANT to be, fine, but Buddhism is a religion that exists in the world now.
Maybe make sure you know what you're talking about next time before you try to be all arrogant and actually end up making a fool of yourself.
>>
I think buddism is 9/11.
>>
>>744869118
here here!

genuinely agree well said
>>
I don't know much about it but if I recall, it's about focusing inward?
I can get behind that
>>
>>744868897
Buddhism isn't Taoism. I'm a Taoist

>>744869167
This is also correct, in a way. Buddha told his followers "don't deify me" and a handful of them still did
>>
I know that nobody will believe me and think im just trolling but i think i might have actually hit nirvana or had a glimpse of it and its intense as fuck. It hits you like a bus.Knocks you on your ass if you arent ready for it,
>>
>>744869698
Nirvana isn't real dummy, you're just meat. No greater than the sum of your parts.
>>
>>744866755
Literally are comitting genocide in Burma. They can be cunts too
>>
Robert Wright? Is that you?
>>
>>744869167
This guy makes a point. Although i wouldnt classify bhuddism as a religion, i can totally see how others would. Like everything in life, theres always the few that get religious about shit. There are bhuddists that you could consider religious about it. So it is a philosophy but treated like a religion by some.

There are doctrines.

I just like it cause it makes sense to me and the its even more interesting because of how old that philosophy is and stood throughout history even despite its passiveness as a collected belief. Typically it goes militant.

There is a sect that would be considered extremists, in Sri lanka due to the tamil tigers but in a way even that does make sense.

Just trying to fight back against terrorists.
>>
>>744869843
>Nirvana isn't real dummy, you're just meat. No greater than the sum of your parts.
>being this dense
The education system really is failing us
>>
>>744869698
I like grunge music too.
>>
File: HANG UP THE CALL.jpg (108KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
HANG UP THE CALL.jpg
108KB, 1280x720px
>>744866605
HANG UP THE CALL!
>>
it was started as no dogmas or gods necessary
later they started making hindu gods buddhist gods... :/
>>
>>744869843
Thats a bleak way to see life man. I am not really religious. Maybe "spiritual".

No greater than the sum of your parts? Lol.
Who is martin luther king?
Harvey milk?
Wima Rudolph?
JFK?
Abraham Lincoln?
Rasputin?
Even crowley man.

There is something else to us than just "meat". I see it as more like a driver in a car, our bodies being the car, and the driver being our mind. We take the odd turns, and get lost but i assume there is a destination and a reason we were meant to get there.

Thats just my way of seeing it. Looking around and feeling like im in a butchers everyday would leave a cold chill that i just couldnt shake.
>>
Those morons worship a fat man seated on his ass.
>>
>>744870014
Yeah its alright but you have to be in the right mood for it imo.
>>
>>744866605
Less violent than other religions, but there are still violent people who somehow think this rather peaceful philosophy merits killing other people.
>>
>>744870263
I don't see why reality is so bleak you need to make up "spiritual" aspects to it.
>>
>>744868877
Yeah and then he became an ascetic.
So he's tried being very wealthy and very poor.
>>
File: 1496504030458.png (468KB, 672x754px) Image search: [Google]
1496504030458.png
468KB, 672x754px
Buddhism is the only based religion.
>>
>>744866605
As with anything, /b/ does not give a fuck. Carry on
>>
Ancient religion for Asian people. Silly meme religion for pretentious Westerners to follow so they can show all their friends how alternative they are.
Also seems to have a phony rep for being a religion of peace when there's been loads of violent Buddhists throughout history.
>>
>>744870419
Its not that its so bleak that i have to make up a spiritual aspect to it. I was just commenting on how i thought looking at it like its a butcher shop is quite a bleak way. Would you look at your children like steaks? Your partner a donner kebab?

I dont know. I encountered someone who essentially looks at it the same way. Like its all a meat market. Theres just a very jaded vibe to it. If were gonna be jaded, id rather it in my own way and so why not the more positive sense.

Why is it so beneath you to believe in something bigger than yourself.
>>
>>744870729
Not the guy you were asking, but what is so great about believing in something bigger than yourself.
I mean if I wanted some old person butting into my life and how I lead it, I'd move in with my grandma.
>>
>>744866605
Honestly , with how much bullshit every other well-known religion has brought upon this stupid fucking planet , i think buddhism is just fine.
No fucking terrorism , opression , scamming , and converting. I think most people of the religion are in it for the way of life , not some sort of divinity , which is the exact opposite of every other religion.
They's cool , is what im sayin.
>>
>>744870729
That guy just sounds like a cannibal. Why do you pretend the only barrier to faith is ego? Why do you think existence is bleak if non-observable phenomena aren't real?
>>
>>744866605
I love that they are killing mudslimes in Myanmar
>>
>>744866605
I think it's not a religion and that it's a movement.

I also think they have some great ideas like the 5 precepts and the perceptions of skillful and unskillful actions.

What ruins it is all the impossible stuff about a virgin birth and afterlife.

The good parts all boil down to the golden rule (do unto others as you would have done to yourself) which has its limitations but it's the best have have right now.

The bad part is that demands that you believe in the impossible don't lead to peaceful regimes.

So the best thing to do is dump the bad supernatural shit and keep the good moral stuff and what do you have? Ordinary secular morality.

As with all religions and movements it's completely pointless.
>>
>>744870943
It can help you deal with other things that are bigger than yourself working against you.Its hard to explain. I guess i had a lot of shit go down in a relatively short amount of time but the way i always got through it was by picturing a better a future. Not just for me but for everyone. I always thought that there must be a reason to still want to do that, despite life trying to make me go the other way.

And its in the moments that ive helped people, i feel truly happy. It wipes away all of people who didnt help me. But there must be a reason to want to do that in the first place and for it to feel naturally right. If were just meat then why do we feel so strongly and why can those feelings actually be so strong that we physically manifest situations, objects (art), songs, etc,..

Btw im not that old. Im 24.

>>744870980
Right? I was about to ask him if he has spare faba beans. Can you rephrase the last question. I didnt sleep much and pretty high so not sure if thats the problem or i just cant understand what youre asking me?

I dont "pretend" the only barrier to faith is ego. its a common one, and usually the strongest one. In that guy's case it seemed to be that way. I sense he had a heartbreak recently. Or a bad one a long time ago that never shook.

Ego is big on who you are seen associating with. These days, that would be the essential nihilistic media. So anyone coming in with a conflicted belief or philosophy, you get called a dummy cause youre wrong cause theyre right.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.