[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the afterlife like?

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 240
Thread images: 15

File: 1493318361731.jpg (310KB, 1000x625px) Image search: [Google]
1493318361731.jpg
310KB, 1000x625px
What is the afterlife like?
>>
>>744684122
My ass
>>
What makes you think that there is an afterlife, beyond the trivial sense of the world continuing after you are dead.
>>
>>744684259
Why wouldn't there be?
>>
beyond all expectation & all comprehension

realize that anybody there can be happy despite traumas in this life

Of course if being a practicant christian
>>
It's the fucking void. Just like the beforelife.
>>
>>744684122
Like beforelife.
>>
>>744684122
like when you were asleep, except without the brain activity, or the physical sensations, of existing.
>>
>>744685213
Because you're dead and probably rot in the ground or get burned into ashes?
>>
its probably a lack of eletric neurosignals going throughout your body as you just fade to black as you die
>>
>>744685570
Practicant christian?

Go kill yourself already, heaven waits for you and needs you.
>>
>>744684122
Like whatever you imagine it to be like, since your imagination is the only place the afterlife exists.
>>
>>744684122
hopefully without draftdodgers
>>
>>744684122
Salty milk and coins
>>
>>744684122
You don't need to worry about it if you are a conservative.
>>
>>744685743
Yes the body will be dead but what about the soul
>>
>>744686952
Non-existent. Next question?
>>
There's a shortage of chairs.
>>
>>744687226
So your body wants to know the next question?
>>
>>744687451
Consciousness does not equal soul.
>>
>>744684122
just think back to the time before you were born. that's what it's like.
>>
File: IMG_0591.jpg (86KB, 300x339px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0591.jpg
86KB, 300x339px
>>
>>744687570
What's the difference?
>>
Your best bet is saving enough money to pay to be cryogenicly frozen at death and brought back to life in the future. Even this probably won't work. But if it did then you would basically fall asleep (die/froze) then wake up in the distant future as if no time passed to you but everyone you know is long gone dead. Kinda crazy.
>>
You and Walt Disney can blow each other.
>>
Best case scenario? You have a soul and your afterlife is the creation of your own consciousness while you were alive. For Christians it would manifest some sort of paradise but for other religions it would be different (reincarnation etc).

Worse Case? You return to the sensation of pre-birth, which is the absence of senses. /in which case it won't matter as all the parts of you that 'matter' will return to a cycle of particles which extends into forever.
>>
I don't know, but I'll find out soon enough
wish me luck /b/oys.
>>
>>744687609

This.
>>
>>744688242
Me too, I guess. I literally fear nothing more than old age and I have always wanted to die before that fate. Seeing that I have access to firearms and being very suicidal and uncaring I don't know what would/could stop me.
>>
File: black.png (1KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
black.png
1KB, 300x300px
>>744684122
how it was before you were born?
its gonna be the same thing anon
>>
>>744684122
for some reason even atheists see Christian imagery during near death experiences
>>
>>744684122
it's like the time before your birth,for you
>>
>>744687860
The former makes you self aware. The latter is something that religious people think what makes us human, but actually that part is the dent on your consciousness made by civilization and the current culture, the different feelings, appropriate for the era. (guilt, shame, etc)
>>
>>744688630
I tend to think that the I/consciousness/soul/mind all refer to the same substance.
>>
>>744688175
read Blaise Pascal
>>
>>744684122
Nothing or a dream would be my best guess.
>>
A lake of fire or With Jesus in heaven/new earth

Choose wisely
>>
>>744688684
I guess everyone thinks what's most comfortable for them. You think that they are the same, because this makes you feel good. For me, it make me feel good if I think they are different.
>>
>>744684122
if there is a "heaven" or "hell". I would like to think of it as the movie "what dreams may come" with robin williams. like a limbo state where you can create anything from anything. even life. I would create multiple univ rd rse sustaining different strains or species of life then abandon it...
>>
>>744684122
It just starts over, like Metroid.
>>
born into another person.
>>
There is only being.

Consciousness is all there is, heh.
>>
>>744684122
OP, just watch this.
We're going to be here again some day. And you will be going to make the same question, and i will give you the same answer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GCf29FPM4k
>>
Bonus question: how many of you had to use the browser's spell checker for the word consciousness?
>>
>>744689424
nobody that isn't a slackjawed idiot
>>
>>744684122
reincarnation as always
dont listen to dumb cunts who dont understand how universe works
>>
>"The path to immortality is hard, and only few find it...
>The rest await the Great Day when the wheels of the universe shall be stopped,
>and the immortal sparks shall escape from the sheaths of substance...
>Woe unto those who wait for they must return again, unconscious and unknowing
>to the seedground of stars... to await a new Beginning."

~Hermes
>>
>>744688370
If it's a sim it wouldn't be a difficult feat to transfer the consciousness into a new body in another sim. Probably 2ez everything because that world would be so advanced.
>>
but if it's going to be like the beforelife, you'll eventually just born into another consciousness as long as humankind exists
>>
>>744691217
according to whose rules?
>>
>>744691217
Good point. But, it wouldn't be "you" anymore. So "you" wouldn't reincarnate, only your point of view - or mindstream - would. I wouldn't put too much stock in Eastern philosophy though but that's just me.
>>
>>744691498
>I wouldn't put too much stock in Eastern philosophy though but that's just me
as opposed to western philosophy? where do you draw that distinction?
>>
>>744691707
Simulation hypothesis is Western thought, and so is Heaven, and my worldview has been influenced by both.
>>
>>744691812
>and so is Heaven
even the Zoroastrians have a concept of Heaven as well as Islam. not sure what you mean by this
>>
>>744691942
I mean next world you don't come back from.
>>
>>744692051
then your concept of Heaven has been undoubtedly influenced by the Abrahamic faiths, right?

was Abraham east or west? why so?
>>
>>744692119
I'm not him, but I'm enjoying your line of questioning, anon. Keep it up.
>>
>>744692119
Forget the East/West dichotomy. It doesn't matter. I just meant that I don't believe in reincarnation because that would mean annihilation of the self which I don't believe in.
>>
Remember how it felt the billion of years before you were born?

Well, exactly like that.
>>
>>744692205
hey thanks.
it took me a long time to get to this point. theories of relativity anti positivism vs positivist schools etc. etc.

i love east and west philosophy there is no reason why they shouldn't be viewed as two side of the same coin.

my question, the one that keeps me up at night is why Abraham is the cornerstone for western faith. it seems to me as if anything east of the holy land is EAST.. has to be.. but the holy land is stuck between west and east. interesting to me
>>
>>744684122
There is none you dumbass. You were dead for billions of years before you were ever alive, did that inconvenience you in any way?
>>
>>744692242
that's okay sorry I was asking my Qs in weird way. I was curious to know where you physically drew the line of east/west. if you don't like reincarnation all the power to ya

>>744692337
>I just watched a bill burr special and now I will repeat the same meme for the 50th time
>>
>>744692242
I'm not him but that was fucking gibberish. If I turn you to liquid with an RPG, I assure you your "self" will be annihilated.
>>
>>744692464
there was no "him" there wasn't even a concept of a "him" in fact there was no "HER" to birth "him" millions of years ago.

how would that have an impact on what is to come?
>>
>>744692464
Do you realize at all how unlikely it'd be to be aware only now and not for billions of years before or after this short af life? We most likely continue.
>>
>>744684122
i hope there is nothing. imagine having to experience anything ever again, possibly for eternity. fucking nightmare. the buddha was right.
>>
>>744692702
buddha said that our mortal coils, existence is self is suffering and death and reincarnation (climbing the karma ladder i.e. dharma) is the answer...

are you sure you understand buddha at all?
>>
>>744688684
You know how when you unplug a fridge the light goes out? yeah, that light doesn't go to marshmallow land. That light is your soul/consciousness (going with your preference that they are the same).
>>
File: 1504281286496.jpg (87KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1504281286496.jpg
87KB, 768x1024px
>>744692559
How is it gibberish? Are you your neighbor?

If you die and get reborn as your neighbor's son without any memory of you, would you be any more you then than your neighbor? Of course not. You would be gone forever. And that's what I meant by annihilation of the self.
>>
>>744692822
yes friendo, that's why I hope for there to be nothing. because if he is right it's the same shit over again. existence is pain man
>>
>>744692653
You're an agrogate of atoms. Will some of your atoms at some point in the distant future be apart of another living being? Perhaps. Will you ever be "you" again or have any recollection of your life after death? No. Sorry to burst your bubble anon.
>>
>>744692916
huh, pretty good example of self annihilation bro
>>
File: 23rw.jpg (35KB, 300x466px) Image search: [Google]
23rw.jpg
35KB, 300x466px
>>744693043
existence is suffering (the process of pain)
this pain can be alleviated by your mindset (via meditation)

where does your pain come from?
>desire
desire for what?
>material objects (that which you don't already have)
so the answer is to reject material objects... that's the trick I know.
>>
>>744692905
Except that soul isn't a light in the fridge.
>>
>>744693219
>desire
I would rather say existence.
>>
There's probably no afterlife, but there is consciousness after death if your brain is still intact. Body basically goes into a "shut down" mode. If I could reincarnate with my old memories and be a new person, that is what I wish to be real.
>>
>>744693392
that's why they call them the noble truths. truths lead you to the eightfold path etc. etc. buddhism is great for reflection and self-improvement on your own time but I followed the occult knowledge buddha was gifted from his teachers

Daoism is my favorite branch of philosophy
>>
>>744693399
I wonder if all this fedora tipping ITT is sincere. Why do you feel that there is probably no afterlife?
>>
>>744693237
other anon here
it literally is stored in your brain and nerve system powered by your body
the only thing we can do is become immortal by replacing current body with artificial robotic ones
but noone is working towards that haha fuck that! better do wars for 2k+ year old made up stories that make people half comfy inside or worse yet be selfish and try to get rich
i want a dictator to dominate the world just for the sake of putting every resource(human brain) to work in order to acheive immortality.
then people can live and wait see what future us find about death or kill themselves at least they would have an option.
now im off to fapping
>>
>>744693399
"There is consciousness after death if your brain is still in tact"

Oh, okay, and where did you get your PHD in neuroscience? This is just wrong. The only thing that comes close is being concious for a few seconds after being decapitated (actually documented) before everything goes black.
>>
>>744692653
I've though about this, I've also thought "I sure am lucky to have been born a human, and not an animal.". But the fact that I'm human is the only reason I can wonder about my existence. The chances of me wondering about my existence and being human is 100%.

Fuck, I've got so many thoughts about consciousness and the idea of transferring it, or continuing it. I need to type it all up so I can post it. Theseus ship and all that, our atoms are all gradually replaced, so our individual consciousness can't be attributed to our atoms. But if you somehow made an atomic replica of yourself, you wouldn't experience what it did after that point. So its also not that specific arrangement of atoms. I've kinda come to the conclusion that consciousness doesn't really exist, but I obviously feel alive, so I've got more shit to figure out.
>>
>>744693578
Why do you believe there is? Do you believe in Valhalla? Reincarnation? Heaven? The "field of rushes" the Egyptians believed in? Thing is, there's thousands of religions and hundreds of ideas of the afterlife, each believing their version is the right one. What's wrong with thinking at its likely they're all fucking wrong.
>>
>>744689085
then what if we are inside one of those universes created by a dead person...
>>
>>744693609
>it literally is stored in your brain and nerve system powered by your body
Source?
>>
>>744684122
Use your brain and you will realize that there is no afterlife or deeper meaning to life.

We're all here due to natural selection. You're a walking meatball stringed together by DNA. One day you will die, and a new young human will take your place to further the genetics of the human race. This is our lifeforms way of eternal life.
There is no heaven or afterlife. You will lose your consciousness as you die, then your body will rot and there is that. You're gone for all eternity with no second chances.
>>
>>744684122
Is this bait? You know that you'll just get angry know it all athiests responces
>>
Actually, this is the afterlife. Think about it:
>We can fly.
>We can talk to anyone instantly.
>We don't have to work to grow our own food, but we can if we really want to.
>We can look at naked people any time we want.
>We can make the air around us any temperature we want.
>We all have magic talismans in our pockets that give us the sum of human knowledge

So yeah, pretty sure we all died of Plague during the Dark Ages and this is our reward for all that suffering.
>>
File: 1325976539123.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1325976539123.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>744684122
you get to travel back to the moments in your life when you got doubles/trips/quads or when some anon liked your post
>>
>>744693947
I like reading what materialists think, too.
>>
>>744684122
well i guess it depends on the person. i´ve come around a few depictions of heaven and hell in my life both in Pop culture and literature. but my persona lthoughts are that the afterlife is shaped by your own thoughts about it and about how you would perceive it to be.
>>
>>744693918
I am gonna need a source for these outrageous claims. Or you can go back to the subreddit your crawled out from
>>
>>744693897
you wouldn't be you if you lose your memory would you?
memorys are in your brain too.
>>
If you have to ask, you'll never know
>>
>>744694049
The source is me. I despise reddit, so i'll have to decline your offer.
>>
>>744684122

The absence of life. It's like asking "what is it like being a rock?"... well, ask the rock. Don't expect much of a reply.
>>
File: mami-fire-ass.jpg (45KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
mami-fire-ass.jpg
45KB, 480x360px
>>744684122
hell
literally just hell
>>
>>744693567
>Daoism
Nice. I don't know much about it. Is that the one where your anus is in line with the Big Dipper or w/e?
>>
>>744685213
Why can't I shoot level 9 fireballs? Because magic isn't real.
>>
The only concrete answer to this question and the only state we have to draw parallels from is pre-birth thats the only plausible answer
>>
>>744694160
your source lacks validity and authority. you are welcome to try again but I don't expect the results to be much better
>>
>>744694048
my favorite kind of Afterlife comes from JOhnny the Himicidal Maniac by Jhonen Vasquez
where heaven is a place of peace and relaxation where you are left alone with your own thoughts an you have no needs for doing anything
and Hell is a place of rapid growth and movement where the damned are driven by their own desires to Create and to move, which creaters an neverending cicle of creation and abbandonement
>>
>>744694329
oh holy shit upboated xD!1
>>
>>744693918
How do you know this, even men far smarter than you beleive in a creator, or a mass consciousness could have created the universe to the exact specifications it is built so why can't you?
>>
>>744693952
that sounds cool
>>
>>744694342
that's called a non answer.
what is that thing we can't explain? "oh it's like that other thing we can't explain"

10/10 effort
>>
>>744694345
I'm not going to write a long post for a thread that will 404 in 30 minutes. What exactly is it you disagree with, and perhaps we can take it from there.
>>
>>744692916
Well. We have 0 evidence for reincarnation and I don't subscribe to it. So; A swing and a miss, anon.

Also, if you start with the Dali Lama or some shit, I swear...
>>
>>744693918
>you will realize that there is no afterlife or deeper meaning to life.
citation
>We're all here due to natural selection.
that's not why we are here that is a mechanism in the theory of evolution
>One day you will die, and a new young human will take your place to further the genetics of the human race
not just any human. part of your own DNA
>There is no heaven or afterlife
citation

everything you said is wrong basically. and if you can't type more than 40 or 50 words a minute you really should go practice that before spending all day fapping on /b/
>>
>>744684122

Just remember your best dreams where all sorts of good shit happened and anything could happen. You never get bored of your dreams.

That's what's it's like.
>>
>>744693219
Where does your pain come from?
>Neurological connections evolved to keep life away from life-ending/dangerous situations.
Ftfy.
>>
>>744694655
I *don't* believe in reincarnation.
>>
>>744694784
are you confusing pain with fear emotion and a fight or flight response?
don't talk philosophy when you barely understand biology
>>
File: afterlife.jpg (528KB, 1264x2438px) Image search: [Google]
afterlife.jpg
528KB, 1264x2438px
This could be a favorite and beautiful. Or a horrid, horrid curse.
>>
>>744694248
/thread
>>
>>744694485
The best answer doesn't have to be the right answer it's just the most sound conclusion based on what little evidence we have.

You seem really annoying
>>
>>744694975
>a rock is ever just a rock
>>
>>744694799
I should have explained my opinion better. By annihilation of self I meant all memories getting erased upon reincarnation (which I don't believe in).
>>
>>744694950
Apparently that was Andy Weir, in a story called 'the egg'. It's still a scary thought. I just want it to be over.
>>
>>744695081
your body decomposes and transfers all of its atoms to other places, one day parts of you will be the dirt, same idea

"life" is an idea brought about by consciousness, an operation only possibly because of a brain

these are facts, not mere speculations
>>
>>744695042
I am engaging with at least two other anons in some lively and respectful discourse

I probably seem annoying to the anons who come in with one post "LOL you are all fags it's not like we can know anything anyways" go away if that is your attitude.
>>
>>744695178
so what do you think tangibly exists outside of the brain, rene?

>inb4 lol I don't have to tell you or I don't know
>>
>>744687307
underrated post
>>
>>744690978
Yea, but all the memories that make you you wouldn't transfer as they exist in this reality... I'm guessing. So you wouldn't even be you.

Also, why does it matter then? If you're an infinite being playing a game, it's better to focus on the game and enjoy or learn from it, instead of worrying about after it ends.
>>
>>744695192
You probably seem annoying to everyone because what you lack in personality you make up for in being abrasive.
>>
>>744690704
>In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming...
>>
>>744695319
this is a discussion about philosophy.. personalities are for girls like you to chat about

I am SORRY I hurt your feelings, OK?
>>
>>744695301
Why wouldn't memories transfer?

We don't know that much about brain and consciousness yet.

http://www.near-death.com/science/evidence/people-have-ndes-while-brain-dead.html
>>
>>744695399
You have to bet fat to be as unpleasant as you

your social autism doesn't make you cool I suggest you get over yourself
>>
>>744694899
You touch something hot. Nerve signals relay that, in the form of pain. I'm not the one with gaps in my understanding of nerves Mr. Pain is from desire. If I smack you with a frying pan, it's not your desire for the fucking pan that hurts you. It's the pain signals your nerves are sending.
>>
>>744695457
>social autism
on the internet? on /b/? I make it by just fine without your condescension thanks

also I weigh 150lbs so you can take that however you will.
>>
I would absolutely give my life to any religion, "God" if I knew there was something good after death. Then reality seeps in.
>>
>>744695622
Wait someone would lie on the internet ?

You need to analyze the cause of your aggression and self loathing and then work on fixing it. At this rate you won't have any friends.

I forgive you I know you cant help it
>>
>>744695605
pain is not fear you fuck

the post (assuming it's even yours) was mentioning evolutionary developments that would keep one from dying.. that is in reference to the fight or flight response. that has to do with the FEAR emotion

fear emotion is not the same as pain can conflating the two just to shore up an argument is wrong.
>>
>>744695727
>he weighs less than I said he did so he is lying
logic has got you this far, hasn't it?

I hate myself no doubt but I hate you a lot more at the moment. you realize you are shitposting right? I am still conversing with other anons. you are here just... to be here?
>>
>>744695272
Not him, but care to elaborate? Outside of my brain? A blood barrier. Then skull. Then lower atmosphere. Then space. Care to clarify?
>>
>>744695718
Have you tried asking God?
>>
>>744695820
I find it hard to believe you can do two things at once if you assume others can't

You keep responding because what I've said resonates as true to you

Just get some help for your psychosis bud you'll be all the better for it.
>>
>>744684122
Kinda like lying dead in the ground
>>
kys and find out rn
>>
>>744696104
B...b..but what about the soul
>>
>>744695733
Hey. Fuckface. How about see what person I was responding to originally stated, yeah? You're not even fucking him and you're coming at me all sideways arguing entirely different fucking points.

>>744693219
>>
>>744694331
Silly you, fireball is a third level spell
>>
>>744695962
the base argument for the material vs the immaterial.
if sounds, taste, smell, sight are all neurological signals interpreted by my brain then what is physically here and what is another interpretation of my brain?

matrix 101 but rene decartes is the frenchman credited with this school of thinking

>>744696007
are we debating the ethics and morals of shitposting? nicely done.
>>
>>744696152
Death is in the (relatively) near future for all of us. It always amuses me how blind people are to their short life spans.
>>
>>744696160
those are both my posts you nigger. I replied to who replied to me when I already knew you weren't the other asshole but were arguing his moot points anyways

congratulations
>>
Individuals who suffer death and still have their peneal gland still intact, may experience "an after life". It is unmeasurable by current science. One can be totally brain dead and experience dreams, hallucinations, etc. DMT. Like dreams, what seems like hours, I only microseconds. Complete head trauma, destroying everything, nothing.
>>
>>744684165
/thread
>>
>>744696270

all Descartes proved was that SOMETHING EXISTS. Literally, that's it. He called it a "thinking thing", but even this categorization is too specific.
>>
>>744696464

It's.
>>
>>744696503
he also contradicted himself once or twice, but all the best ones do
>>
>>744696270
Now that we're sort of on the same subject, I can address you.
You have 2 paths: A. I think, therefore I am. Or B. I literally cannot know the nature of my existence and if all my senses were being simulated/manipulated, I would have no tools to discover such.

I, personally, subscribe to reality being objective and choose to believe my senses. Nothing says you have to, however.
>>
>>744696270
What about Plato and his cave?
>>
>>744696353
So you think pain is a result of desires? Answer that and we'll see if this can be a productive dialogue.
>>
>>744696569
I pick A.

but who says the tools for discovery are outside of are grasp? is that not why we are all "here" "now" discussing this? what would be the point of philosophy or occult knowledge at all?

>>744696588
good stuff. I like the illusion of it. everyone is blind until they experience life for themselves, and even then some remain blind.
>>
>>744696569
Except instinct of course
>>
>>744696270
Seems like a 180 considering shitposting is all you've done
>>
>>744696464
>DMT
it's fucking nothing. i've seen some shit, like, you don't believe so it's pointless to make a wild claim like this but i saw an object fly off by itself. how could DMT do that? besides DMT trips never come as relatives saying it's not your time yet etc.
>>
>>744696464
Wait if they are dead how do we know they are dreaming . That seems totally unverifiable
>>
>>744696662
buddha literally said that pain/suffering stem from desire/expectation <for the material, or even immaterial?> and I am inclined to agree with him up until a point.

do I believe pain is inherent to the human condition yes? do I absolutely know that desire causes this? No, I don't.
>>
File: ennui.png (86KB, 10000x9000px) Image search: [Google]
ennui.png
86KB, 10000x9000px
>>744684122
>>
>>744696742
Well, I'd you were born in an egg as an alien creature and then immediately hooked into a simulation of a human life that was flawless and had unlimited processing power, how would YOU find out if you were in a simulation?
>>
>>744696924
you can't
>>
>>744696924
the masters would disseminate the information to the masses through le symbology
>>
>>744696866
dead relatives*
>>
>>744696882
Bhudda was a man with a following no different from Mohammed or Jesus or any other mythical figure. Why do you believe life is pain and such but not that Jesus rose from the dead? Bhuddist is no less retarded than other relions/mythos, it just happens to have a very self-reflection and self-improvement focal point.
>>
File: 1384302118891.png (252KB, 511x428px) Image search: [Google]
1384302118891.png
252KB, 511x428px
The only true answer at present is "we don't know".

That being said, we can all have our own ideas or notions about it. Personally, I think nothing happens. That being said, I also support the notion of "pseudo-reincarnation", given the concept of infinity in time + principle of conservation of energy. I exist now (according to Descartes), so if infinity is a definite fact then surely "I" will exist again and again, ad infinitum.

At least that's what all my musings have led to.

Even still /b/, think on it this way; while your body may decompose you never cease to exist (or, the energy that you are comprised of never ceases to exist). That's a comforting thought at any rate.
>>
kill yourself and find out
>>
>>744697114
That's a wild guess at best.
>>744696996
This is my point. I believe reality and that we are each real, individual beings living real lives, but we would never know otherwise.
>>
>>744696875

The few that came back from brain death, or a our current science can measure, site dreams, etc.
It is theorized that it is caused by the dmt produced by the penial gland.
>>
>>744697341
That doesnt seem at all true
>>
>>744697341
>Came BACK from brain DEATH.
Wat.
>>
>>744697232
>Why do you believe life is pain and such
because that is an observation from a man
>but not that Jesus rose from the dead?
because that is physically impossible due to my knowledge of how the human body dies and then decays

I am not saying that I don't think Jesus was another man with a following much like Mohammed or Buddha in fact it wouldn't surprise me if there were a few historical figures that all these other ones became based around later.. persians, egyptians, chinese and japanese folk religion.. african tribal religions

they all came from the same source in my mind. Lao called that Dao.
>>
With a weapon in your hand, or your hand as your weapon, or even your words. Fighting for what ever you believe, or you love with all your heart to your death against all fear. You see it. A beautiful winged woman. Bears you to what seems the sky. It's in a direction you can't comprehend. Then you awaken in a longhouse. You are greeted by the highest and get to fight everyday in any way you see fit and then in the evenings feast to your hearts desire. Your wedded wife will wait for you, or arrive when the time comes. And until the cycle finally ends you will all fight the gods of the south.

Join the Einherjar.
>>
DMT trip x100000
embrace that shit. Cant wait for it to end.
>>
>>744697457

That we can measure.
>>
>>744697334
>That's a wild guess at best.
it's the best I got at the moment. I don't know whether I believe in an ultimate creator/deity.. if I did I think of it as more of a cosmic force from which all things came

plenty of times in the day it is easy to get depressed and say "FUCK IT THERE IS NO GOD" but other times when I am reflecting I think how foolish it is to NOT believe this is some form of intelligent design
>>
>>744696270
Excellent reference
>and its Descartes you pedestrian
But it brings up an intricate tangent in the whole "life/afterlife" idea. If this experience we undergo between "birth and death" is a construct of our mind or someone else's, then does there exist a "Real reality" after we die?

Just a bit of advice for any b/ro's first delving into this whole philosophic quandry, it is extremely easy to get stuck in a "then whats the point of anything?" phase and spiral into nihilism in the extreme.

On a lighter note it was Descartes who coined the idea of "Je pense, donc je suis", more commonly referred to as the concept of 'cogito ergo sum' (eng. "I think therefore I am) or the idea that sentient self awareness is its own validation of existence. This particular phrase is flagged along with a number of others by laboratories experimenting with Artificial Intelligence. The idea is if a formula or calculation matching an iteration of this concept be produced spontaneously by an AI program, it would be proof of independent sentient cognition. Fancy huh?
>>
>>744697493
Ok. I'm a man. I think life is all happiness and sunshine. You just have to find it.

Do you believe me? You shouldn't. Life isn't anything but life. A series of chemical/quantum interactions giving Ng rise to interacting chemical compounds that form our bodies and minds. Every thought you ever had nothing more than pulses of electrons from neuron A to neuron B. Also, daoism is another form of asinine mysticism filled with tautologies and fallacies. It all sounds deep and reasonable until you think hard about it, apply logic, or test any of it.
>>
>>744697729
>does there exist a "Real reality" after we die?

I think so.

I've always seen spiritual dreams. Bitches don't know about supernatural. Did you know that you can literally question entities about this stuff? Lrn2 self-hypnosis and black mirror evocation.
>>
>>744697590
I think you may be confused on what Brain DEATH is. If I crash a car into a light post at 80 and a voltmeter detects something on the bumper, it doesn't mean the car is fine. It means there's a short/error somewhere.
>>
>>744697647
Tell me why it's foolish. I can point you to a mathematical proof that demonstrates the state of "nothing" is a negative state and "creation" may arise naturally in any space that's negative to reach a net 0 or positive state. Would that change your mind?
>>
I think the best way to understand it is this: Religious people believes that every human is special and has a soul within their body that will one day bring them to heaven/hell, or be used for reincarnation.
But the whole theory of the existence of a soul can easily be disproved by evolution or simply having knowledge about the human body.

(You) don't exist in the way you think you do. (You) are the brain, not the soul. Your entire consciousness is caused by your 5 senses and brain, while your personality is caused by the environment you grew up in and the chemicals in your body. When your brain dies, so will you.
You will always be a biological creature, whether you're a fetus or an old man, everything about you is natural and can be explained by science. There is no supernatural soul that makes you who you are.

The earliest life forms on earth did not have the luxury of being as advanced as you are. Yet humans believe we're worth more, we're intelligent, civilized, and simply more deserving of a magical afterlife because of how great we are.

Get off the high horse and realize that you're no different from ants, bacteria, or the primitive life forms on earth who lives millions of years ago. You're just the current cycle of dna, and nature will dispose of you when you're old and replace you with another. There were millions of cycles of life before you, and there will be another million cycles after you're dead.
>>
>>744697918
Kek. This moron used the power of hypnotic suggestion on HIMSELF and then came here to rave about his "success."
Classic.
>>
>>744698061
Post proof
>>
>>744698292
Ask and ye shall receive: https://medium.com/the-physics-arxiv-blog/a-mathematical-proof-that-the-universe-could-have-formed-spontaneously-from-nothing-ed7ed0f304a3
>>
File: jpeg.jpg (140KB, 999x761px) Image search: [Google]
jpeg.jpg
140KB, 999x761px
>>744698237
Black mirror evocation isn't the only evocation method I have used, as you may secretly know.

But it's an easy beginner method for a newbie. I have used it in the past. Pic related is one of my such mirrors.
>>
>>744698372
Kek. No

>>744697828
I had a reply for you but got banned
>>
>>744698372
Not the same guy you were talking I asked for proof because what you said seemed interesting.

I took quantum mechanics I and II back in school and remember. It was a chapter on coherence and wave functions apparently lower energy levels reaching E or ψ = 0 are incredibly hard to maintain and require large inputs fo energy. Basically Its harder to have nothing than something so naturally nothing progresses into something
>>
>>744698623
Did....Did you miss that I was making fun of you, anon? Any fucking idiot can trick themselves into thinking they hear voices if they try hard enough.
>>
>>744698690
Well, hope you enjoy the reading, anon!
>>
>>744685944
Underrated
>>
>>744698687
Those are both me. And "Kek. No." Doesn't disprove a mathematical proof, dipshit.
>>
>>744698729
No I didn't miss it.
>>
>>744698061
But 0 (null,zero etc) is not a negative state. 0 or a null state is a complete lack of any quantification whatsoever. Null state in essence is a contradiction in quantum terms because a null state can only exist on paper based upon predetermined rules and concepts that mame null state an academic objective. There is no way to observe or measure null state because in order to observe or measure it something has to exist in that state.

>i'm having a blast by the way, id forgotten how smart some of you fuckers are.
>>
>>744687958
Open your eyes kind of crazy, wouldnt want that
>>
>>744698872
Color me impressed, then. Way to stay above it and shit, I guess, but if I may ask; Why believe in this shit?
>>
I'vs actually died before. Its just empty nothingness. Very peaceful. And then the absence of sensation.
>>
>>744698687
> mathematical proof that something came from nothing
Gee.. I wonder why I don't entertained such an argument as an antipositivist

Also,
>I post a proof (not even mine)
>infallible
Great logic you got there
>>
>>744698794
Yeah It was an interesting article but its been somewhat debunked people now think there are lower energy levels and that the resting state of all or some subatomic particles is precariously perched on the precipice of one of these energy levels and that a sudden drop to a lower state could rewrite all particle interactions effectively destroying all modern models of particle physics and the laws of the material universe.

Local minimum vs global minimum
>>
>>744698875
You're right about null/0 states, but literal, quantum nothing may be negative. That's mostly on me for having read it like once a year ago. Also, don't be surprised. A lot of overly intelligent people end up with mental disorders/illness. A lot of intelligent people with mental illness come here. It's almost statistical, really.
>>
>>744698867
>>744699140
Fuck me
>>
File: 1492813386351.jpg (2MB, 670x6484px) Image search: [Google]
1492813386351.jpg
2MB, 670x6484px
>>744698946
>Too lazy to write an original post so pasting my post from a thread that was on /b/.

If you're serious about unveiling the truth start by evoking an angel and asking it about "simulation." Keep evoking it, and questioning it about the real actual state of things, and chances are you will experience an interesting personal revelation if/when the system comes through. That happened to me. But I never asked the angel about the sim because I didn't know about it yet at that time. I evoked those angels on the daily, Raphael, Michael, Eiael, Hagiel and others, and one day, when it was Michael's turn, something happened. It's a long story (pic related has some info I gathered from that event).

After the universe told me that this is a simulation, I started reading about the topic on the Internet. And it became apparent to me that many scientists such as Neil deGrasse Tyson and philosophers such as Nick Bostrom think along the same lines, and I learned stuff like

>There are x simulations, the chance that we are living in the base reality is 1/(x+1).

What's interesting to me as an amateur metaphysicist is that this information can actually be proven on a personal level. If only there was one more person who had the necessary equipment to prove this to themselves, there would already be (at least) two people who are convinced about this internally. Imagine what the world would be like if there were not only 1, 2, or 300 people who are convinced that we are living in a simulated reality, but billions - that's what science will no doubt accomplish in the far future. Science is the Maitreya. Science will bring the continents together and bring an end to the wars by discovering this eventually.
>>
>>744699157
Have somewhere I can read about this, man?
>>
>>744698875
Depends are you talking about a true or false vacuum null states occur in nature they last an immeasurably short amount of time. Its how sub-subatomic particles bind and lend themselves to new structures along bridges of nothingness
>>
>>744699244
I...I read it all...

I never recovered after "evoke an angel..."
I'm sorry, anon. I've failed you.
>>
>>744699271

Ignore the second post if you have no physics background

>The Higgs Abyss and Stable Universe
https://physics.aps.org/articles/v8/108

>Quantum Tunneling and the problems null energy states

https://ocw.mit.edu/courses/chemical-engineering/10-626-electrochemical-energy-systems-spring-2014/study-materials/MIT10_626S14_Lec20.pdf
>>
>>744699354
Not him, but can you explain a little more? I'm guessing you mean quarks, gluons, bosons and the like when you say sub-subatomic, right? Also. I'd like to know more about this bridging nothingness. We talking literal quantum nothing as in no space? Surely not. What would they be bridging through?
>>
>>744699244
As a piece of the universe, I sigh at you and continue to change states.
>>
>>744699700
I understand quantum tunneling. Thanks, anon! I am supremely appreciative of the reading materials.
>>
>>744699554
You must understand that an angel of occultism is not the same as an exoteric angel. Could be that this little tidbit wasn't for you, though. If that is the case then I apologize for wasting your time, anon.
>>
>>744699781
It's ok. I started mocking you and now genuinely feel bad for it and not being able to realistically consider your viewpoint. Shit, man. You should be a diplomat or some shit.
>>
You can open your eyes!
>>
>>744699721
No those are false vacuums created from high amounts of energy displacing the fields around those particles allowing them to bind or move.

Just quarks and leptons this is action that takes place at a very small scale vacuums are incredibly energy intensive so they cant occur at a larger scale. Strong interaction or strong nuclear force is what holds them together.
>>
>>744699244

Interesting. I'd advise people to keep it too themselves if/when they are "enlightened".
It might get you a psych-evaluation at a hospital.
I personally think that this is it. People engineer these fantasies, because it is human nature to search, explore, examine, answer questions.
People don't like, "We don't know", so we create possibilities to fill in the blanks.
>>
>>744699886
I am still mocking the guy with the math "proof" for all existence
I bet he believes jewish tricks as well
>>
>>744700188
That was me. Kek. You can say bullshit, but math doesn't lie. If the math turns out faulty or incompatible with our larger knowledge pool, then it deserves to be tossed out. I haven't seen such, yet, though.
>>
>>744699780
I love people that like learning with a positive attitude
>>
File: 1499375558190.jpg (41KB, 421x347px) Image search: [Google]
1499375558190.jpg
41KB, 421x347px
>>744700336
Love you, too, you silly homo.
>>
>>744700073
I believe I understand. Guess I have some research ahead. Here's hoping it doesn't require me to have a Master's in fucking Calculus. <3
>>
>>744700326
Yeah I know it was you goofball does the concept of infallibility mean nothing to you? But you think the math is infallible when it was literally created by humans who are probably looking for creative ways to move rocks at the time
>>
>>744688374
Not all is as it seems at first I now know that seeing isn't necessarily believing The imagery in a near death experience, be it horrific and grotesque, OR serene and alluring, could be a projection by the brain just before going full shutdown. or it could be an astral illusion created by otherworldly beings who wish to manipulate humans to their means(Angels aka enemy Nordics). Also there is the possibility of there being actual reality to the NDE, but the person in question doesn't see the whole picture.
>>
>>744700568
Well, I see your point there, but if a caveman accidentally, miraculously smashed an atom, his non-education won't change the resulting facts. Do you doubt math and/or science, or is it just to illustrate a point? If you do doubt them, is there a reason beyond them being found/discovered/invented by fallible men?
>>
>>744700567
Not a Masters Calc II is your best friend
>>
no one has ever died, found out, come back to life
and told us.
in short.
nobody knows!
>>
>>744700568
Math wasnt created it was discovered so yeah the system is infallible humans are not.

You seem confused
>>
>>744700755
Jesus, man. I was going to be a Mechanical Engineer at one point. Then I was informed I would need 4 years of Calculus. I was in College Algebra. I should have been more of a student and less of a class clown in my math classes in school. I'm even a musician with an understanding of musical theory, so unfortunately, I don't even have the "Me no think like math-math needs" excuse.
>>
>>744700911
Jesus
>>
>>744699886
I see. It's not really my viewpoint, it's more complicated than that but it doesn't matter.
>>744700119
Ok.
>>
>>744700917
So wait. You doubt the HUMANS who did the calculations/theories then? I guess that makes sense. Surely peer review restores some of your faith in the systems, though?
>>
>>744685643

this tbh m8
>>
>>744700917
Semantics. The laws of maths are devised by humans. Want to make that argument that humans are infallible?

>>744700750
I am not "doubting" particle physics or that particles exist I am doubting that a human can mathematically express the creation of everything from ???
>>
>>744700930
People with musical talent have all the pattern recognition faculties to be good at math. Believe in yourself and put the time forth if you enjoy it you can do it. I was retarded at math in high school until. fuck me this is embarrassing

Math for college Readiness Gave me a good teacher and I fell in love with the subject Im a double major in electrical engineering and physics at UC go buffaloes
>>
>>744700937
lol, >>744700937
and how would you ever go about proving your point?
>>
>>744700750
>>744700917
I can't help but feel like there is something wrong about saying that math, if all of us are using the right term and the right context that I assume we are, exists/existed in nature as a thing you can concentrate, isolate, or otherwise identify. Also, the slope that begins with math being infallible and the entire valley of the relationship between humans, math, and fallibility raises alarms in me for some reason. When I figure out the words to better illustrate why, I'll post them.

Right now the sentiment revolves around abstraction.
>>
>>744701069
Yes it does. at the end of the day you can't call everything BS and hope to progress science is based on principled and well examined assumptions
>>
>>744700917
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbNymweHW4E
>>
I don't believe in an afterlife. But I imagine it's sunny and warm with tall grass and plenty of trees, a cloudless sky hangs overhead and it's strangely devoid of mosquitos.
>>
>>744701137
Define semantics

the laws of math are natural laws one rock plus another rock equals two rocks. always without exception

I already answered your question on peoples ability to be wrong
>>
>>744701170
Fuck, dude. You're flat out inspirational. Here I come, not sucking at math!

Next I guess it'll be oration...
>>
>>744701427
Okay that's fair enough. Laws of math are something higher in fact I take that into account when considering the dialectic, praxis etc.

I still say NO human intellect currently alive can mathematically express the creation of the universe
Thread posts: 240
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.