[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

OCD Thread Post what kind you have, your experiences, treatments etc

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 5

File: 1.jpg (31KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
31KB, 1440x900px
OCD Thread
Post what kind you have, your experiences, treatments etc
>>
>>744298150
I fuck with my keys a lot, and I will unlock and then relock my car with my remote for no reason
>>
>>744298150
BUMP
>>
>>744298150
When masturbating i constantly have the urge to get up and do a full tour of the room walking near the walls. Sometimes i cant finish for hours because of this.
I sometimes dont feel i peed "right" so i chug lots of water to have to pee again so i can do it "right" this time

These are the more autistic and embarrassing ones, but i have loads more. Went to a psychiatrist twice, both meds didn't make much difference.
>>
>>744299554
What meds were you given?
>>
File: images-2.jpg (30KB, 374x393px) Image search: [Google]
images-2.jpg
30KB, 374x393px
>>744298150
I do what I want.
>>
just found out i have OCPD and slight OCD issues
shits sooooo FUCKING ANNOYING
>have to twitch my hand every now and again in a circle
>Have to keep pressing caps>numb>scroll whenever i'm on a keyboard
>when i used to play wow have to keep backpack tab open always and keep pressing Y
blah blah ect ect
honestly i just feel like i'm in discord all the time and it really fucking gets to me this shit is the worst.
>>
>>744299998
fucking madman
>>
>>744299753
I forget what my first meds were, but the second psychiatrist gave me lustral and risperdal at the same time.

BUT tbh i don't take them as often as i need to and i haven't been using them for long enough. I guess i will see how it goes couple of months down the line.
>>
>>744298150
When i wanna wear trousers or underwear i gotta pull it up to my crotch then down again then over and over for a few times then fully up and i wear it correctly
>>
I clean for a living in a nursing home and have been getting alot of complains to my manager about how Heated and Aggressive I've been getting with co-workers and it's all come to a head, because I put my OCD to such good use cleaning i'm being shifted around to a night shift so will be alone and not around other people....also the number 2 is a serious obsession for me.... like you have no fucking idea
>>
>>744301654
you did not get any
>>
>>744299554
I have the pee thing. Especially before bed, even if my bladder is empty I need to get a "good" pee. Fml
>>
>>744301800
I wish it were so but I know 1 was a 74 year old co worker who was told a lie and i freaked out cause it's just feels so out of sync with my timeline so i freaked out on her.... pulled up like 6 years of instances i can recall and pointed out specific times she has lied......also made some bi-polar cancer survivor 60 year old fat piece of lazy shit cry cause i simply told my boss she wasn't working.... she was visting with people while i did the work..... she burst into tears and went to my MANAGERS BOSS......she also is a cancer survivor.... and 3 days later this is the fix.....boss told me today at the end of the meeting i need to stay away from the girls
>>
>>744301800
Kek
>>
I've been in an airplane today, and two stewardesses that were showing the emergency instructions.. They weren't synchronised, even though their tried to be. That really freaked me out
>>
>>744302338
Was the farthest one more late than the closest ?
>>
>>744302018
Another person having this specific but still very unbearable problem feels weird. Yes, it can specially make going to bed a nightmare.

One thing i learnt is that trying to force it with an empty bladder is not a good idea. I usually drink coffee. A single cup can make me have to use the bathroom in just 40~ minutes.
>>
>>744298150
I have to check if I locked my car, my house, etc over 5 times.

When I close any door or window, I push it again a few times to make sure it's closed.

I also clean every speckle of dust I can find in the house.
>>
>>744298150
>OCD
>not CDO, as it should be
>>
None of you have ocd . You just love attention
>>
>>744303261
Ok, doc.
>>
Is the word portmanteu a portmanteu? This bothers me.
>>
File: porte-manteau.jpg (18KB, 184x400px) Image search: [Google]
porte-manteau.jpg
18KB, 184x400px
>>744304158
porte-manteau
>>
>>744304544
WHY THE HELL WAS THAT PICTURE TAKEN OFF-CENTER!
>>
Intrusive thoughts regarding embarrassing or perceived humiliating experiences. It's been especially bad today. I keep humming the fugue in g minor in my head to try to keep them away because it seems never-ending otherwise...
>>
>>744304824
artistic perspective 3D view
>>
>>744303613
Yup. Just like you. You can self diagnose
>>
>>744305623
Fuck man. I do this too. Or i have a tick
>>
I have harm ocd AMA
>>
>>744306109
Whatt iss harm Odc?
>>
Have a thing about invisible energy lines that if I step over I go into the wrong dimension. Appears only occasionally but was really bad as kid. Would have to blink in multiples of 2 as 3 lead to 666... Weird intrusive memories that come out of nowhere too. Pure "O" OCD I control well now, kinda grew out of it. At worst felt awful and caused panic attacks / feeling nothing was real.
>>
>>744306169
Obsessive toughts are that I will intentionally hurt or kill other people, especially those I love.
>>
>>744306315
feels similar to when i have a seizure
>>
>>744306321
Fuck man. Sometimes when im laying in bed and my gf is sleeping i think in my head whats to stop me from suffocating her with a pillow?
>>
>>744306109
Do you have a compulsion that you perform when you think those thoughts?
>>
>>744306400
Not quite as bad as seizure. Either feels like everything hazy or everyone is in fact an evil impersonator of themselves (stepping over invisible inter dimensional line). Yes I know it sounds crazy but I just don't feel right if I don't cross it in multiples until I feel right!
>>
>>744306315
So how do you know where not to cross?
>>
>>744306498
If friends can tell me in not a person like that then i feel a bit reassoured, also not touching knives only if I have to, spending time alone/separated so there is no chance for me. Also locking the door at night so I wont sleepwalk and kill them in my sleep. Absolutely no alcohol or drugs either. There's alot tbh

>>744306649
Its ocd when you start to fear that you WILL do it, cause you just can, even though you dont actually want to.
>>
>>744306679
Its always a door frame or some transitional space. Realized with dismay when a teen it would strike in vidya, made dash rendar go back and forward through that damn canyon like an Autist. Happily, I've grown out of it. I figure now most people aren't sensitive at all to subtle changes in atmosphere and vibe between one area and the next, I was super sensitive. I don't avoid em, but if I ignore I couldn't chill in a room or would feel uneasy.
Got no treatment bar a messy few months of sessions with a shrink that did no good. No meds either. It can get better. Used to have to do eye rolls or swallows in multiples too. How did no one pick up on this??
>>
For me symmetry is a huge thing. If something isn't aligned I cannot stop thinking about it; at least until I fix it
>>
>>744306649
when i have a fit i tend to feel like ive got something pushing me in a direction like the gravity is stronger there although i know its just my balance.

reading ur post again its nothing like a fit im just a retard
>>
>>744305623
I am constantly playing songs in my head to keep the thoughts at Bay. It gets so bad I can't go to sleep at night.
>>
Used to get a lot of intrusive blasphemous images stuck in head too. Wasn't lucky to be in big christian family that genuinely thought the edgy were in league with Satan.
>>
>>744307274
Sounds scary, yeah there are dome similarities tbf - only ever had one fit due to a virus, scared shit outta me - couldn't get body to stop
>>
File: 1504645830994.jpg (70KB, 615x452px) Image search: [Google]
1504645830994.jpg
70KB, 615x452px
>>
>>744305975
I doubt it to be the same. I often can't help but make a sound or some sort of compulsion along with the thought to relieve it. I do it before I even realize it, like there's nothing more important right now than getting that thought out. It really gives off the appearance of crazy because it is. The only saving grace seems to be that on some level I'm still conscious enough to not blurt shit out in public.

>>744307280
Try to stop obsessing now... try therapy, anything. It's a nasty rabbit hole that's very hard to crawl out of.
>>
>>744307513
yeah it can be quite scary, i had a fit in university once which was a pain in the ass but at least people were there to help, i've had them on my own where i just wake up and continue on my PC then look at the time realise its bare late and im like wtf happened look at the floor and theres blood and my face is all fucked up, i guess it can be dangerous for me to be alone but they tend to come in sorta 6 month cycles.

it makes me chat all sorts of weird shit aswell i had a conversation with my psych lecturer after coming out from one that changed the way i felt about a lot of things.

being out of control is pretty horrible so i can sorta empathise with you
>>
>>744307280
Try to think about what you are going to do the following day instead of thinking of things that give you anxiety.
>>
>>744308135
He could also go through what he did during his current day
>>
>>744307801
I actually brought it up with my psychiatrist a month ago and they gave me something I can take when I need to for sleep and something to help cut down on the compulsive thoughts. Fluvoxamine by the by
>>
File: ocd.webm (1MB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
ocd.webm
1MB, 320x320px
Since you've all gathered here, enjoy this informative documentary
>>
never been to a doctor or anything, but i check my mail everytime i i arrive at or leave my home. i knock on the car window everytime there is a sharp turn, even when im not driving. i also knock on my walls of my apartment, always three times, if i mess up, i have to knock 3 times 3 times. i just do it and it dosnt really affect me much, ive been doing it for so long. my neighboor once asked me tho if i have heard knocking late at night. i said no. also english is not my strong suit, so sorry for bad grammar and shit
>>
>>744308135
Key is def dealing with anxiety - all compulsions only affect how you feel. If I can reduce them to occasional thigh twitches and arm when stressed so can anyone. Evidence is always against the compulsions.
>>
Doesn't anyone else not trust yourself and your impulses, I can't walk over bridges or go on balconies because my mind keeps going through the though of jumping, not suicidal btw, so basically I'm afraid I will lose control of my body and basically just jump which terrifies me
>>
>>744308359
That's the stereotype buddy
I actually feel bad I'm not the anal guy who has everything ordered - quite the opposite :( I just cant drop ideas and have to perform weird repetetive actions to feel ok
>>
>>744298150
When I leave my apt I have to pet my cats once each
If I forget to pet one it will ruin my day.
Also can't take a shit without listening to music and its ruining my life. The pretty sure my coworkers heard me listening to April Wine a couple weeks ago when I was in the can.
>>
>>744308619
I feel like if I owned a gun I would instinctively shoot myself
Sometimes when I am driving over the bridge I imagine driving off it to my death.. everytime
Not suicidal either kek just something that comes to mind all the time... maybe thats suicidal
>>
>>744308722
tell them it helps you shit and if they find it funny its funny if they take the piss tell human resources

it doesnt matter that ur listening to music on the shitter fam its just a bit weird

lets be real how many of ur co workers are playing games on their smartphones while they take a dump
>>
>>744308888
NICE quads

True and thanks but it still makes me uncomfortable
After a long night of drinking I barely get up out of bed to take a horrible shit - not before I grab my headphones
>>
>>744309410
you got just as much right to be weird within the limits as they have to be dicks about it within limits

you do you dude
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.