[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Starting at FO 3, which series is better?

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 3

Starting at FO 3, which series is better?
>>
>>743944619
Not even same genre so how do you want to compare it
>>
>>743944879
Which was more fun/memorable. Though, a friend who was in to the initial FO games, he remarked that Borderlands was a FO:3 ripoff. I didn't agree, though I hadn't played FO3 at that point.
>>
Though, I've only played the initial Borderlands as Roland. I need to venture out more.
>>
>>743945119
in a way it is true
but then FO4 is a borderlands rip-off by going for a simplified character building and story
>>
I love both games, despite not venturing beyond the first Borderlands. Just curious how people felt
>>
>>743946015
I bought FO4 on Steam, but need to build a machine to play it. I'm scared it will be inferior to New Vegas. I love NV.
>>
>>743944619
I love FO3 and NV, been playing on and off for ages now, mods keep it fresh and the replay is always fun. Borderlands is a gem too but only the first one really appeals to me.
>>
>>743946577
OP here. Am I you?
>>
>>743944619
Which is better is debatable.

Which do I like better? Borderlands. By a mile.
>>
>>743946985
Yes. That is the question. Thank for your input.
>>
New vegas is imo the best game by far. But that's because I was never grabbed by borderlands, so they're pretty boring to me.
>>
>>743944619
> Funny you should ask, since Borderlands is my favorite series
I've put roughly 400 hours into Borderlands 2, and I much prefer Borderlands over fallout, in terms of gameplay and replayability.
>>
>>743944619
rating all the FPS games from both series
FO:NV>BL2>BL:TPS>FO3>BL>>>>>FO:BoS>>>>>>>FO4
>>
>>743947253
I have 2k hours in borderlands 2 on the pc alone.
>>
>>743947344
So, you're telling me I wasted my money on FO 4, and I should enjoy what I have?
>>
File: kobe_bryant_confused.png (205KB, 505x431px) Image search: [Google]
kobe_bryant_confused.png
205KB, 505x431px
> comparing LOL SO RANDUM ECKSDEE to my spurs which jingle jangle jingle.
>>
>>743947489
Jingle jangle
>>
>>743947485
depends on how much you paid for FO4
I got the game and all the DLC for I think $40 during steams summer sale
it is enjoyable, but lacks depth that even the very linear borderlands series had giving the enjoyment factor very sharp diminishing returns on subsequent play throughs
with BL you know it is a linera FPS with a few RPG aspects added in
with FO it was an RPG with an FPS interface, so even though FO4 still has more RPG elements than any borderlands game (save tales from the borderlands), because it is a continuation of a strong RPG series it just seems empty
>>
>>743947483
Salute, anon. What's your favorite class to play as? Mine's Siren.
>>
>>743944619
Borderlands by far, first one was probably my favorite game of all time, loved playing through with each of the characters. Second one was excellent as well, but didn't really live up to the first for me specifically. I'm pretty sure that its only me because the second is arguably better in a lot of ways.
>>
>>743948050
Siren / Assassin / Psycho / Mechromancer / Cammando / Gunzerker, those are in order.
>>
borderlands 1 also known as skag shooter 3000
>>
>>743946210
Careful with that statement. The 3 babies will become vault 101 babies will become enraged.
>>
>>743948348
Siren (Support) /Commando (Grenade Build) /Assassin (Melee Build) /Psycho (AKA mindless melee)/ Gunzerker (Boring skills) /Mechromancer (Pointless Character)
>>
>>743948206
Btw first fav character is Lilith, second Mordecai
>>
>>743948597
a Mechromancer with everything dumped into Anarchy is amazing
sniping is impossible
but after a couple kills you can spray-n-pray your way through everything
>>
Fallout 4 was a let down

it got really bland and repetitive after a while

New Vegas is awesome, and even better with mods
>>
>>743948783
I can't wait for the Cascadia mod to be officially released
>>
new vegas is my favorite game, i have plugged in way too much time in that shithole to justify it anymore. vanilla or modded, that game just does it for me..

BL one, i tend to get bored in about 3 hours, but those three hours are pretty fucking fun, different style for different players.

I don't really like playing co op shooters, i think BL is better looking and more well done, but i like NV better.
>>
>>743948931
all that said. moxxi forever.

or steve, whatever. heyyyoooo
>>
>>743948740
Actually, I can't quite call her pointless, I've seen some really cool anarchy builds where you give her a Shock-elemental Norfleet mixed with a 92% perfect sham. I'd instead say her action skill is pointless, eventually later on during overpower levels, Anarchy just seems like the only thing she's good for.
>>
>>743948931
>co op shooters
this it what I like the most about BL
unfortunately all my friends are console peasants
>>
>>743944619
BL and BL2 ranked above FO4 for me.
I think that objectively FO4 was a well made game, but after playing FO3 and NV it seemed to much like more of the same.

I felt the same way about the BL franchise by the end of the true vault hunter mode though and I didn't do the full ultimate play through. The BL humor carried me further than the FO4 story + grind.

On PC base building was okay. On console? Fuck that.
>>
>>743944619
Fallout 4 was a crime against humanity, what a shit game
>>
>>743947585
this guy gets it
>>
>>743949404
>objectively FO4 was a well made game
and that is really the biggest problem with AAA game studios currently
they focus so much on making the technical aspects perfect that they almost ignore the subjective things that make a well made game amazing
>>
>>743949139
that's valid, it's kind of the game's defining feature.
>>
seriously though, fuck this paid mods shit

don't get me wrong, support the modding community, i just hate how Bethesda is doing it.
>>
>>743947489
>>743947585
Mah man!
Lookin' good!
>>
both boring as fuck trash-tier series
>>
>>743948348
Lol, Gunzerker and Commando are my go-to classes.

Yes, I'm aware of how vanilla they are.

Including TVH and UVH, I've probably cleared the campaign over ten times with those classes alone.

Currently in a co-op run with my bud. He's rocking an elemental Siren, I'm Gunzerking.I'm such a one-trick pony with him. All my skill points dumped into the center tree, (only level 40 currently) just Gunzerking all the time. No combat strategy whatsoever.

>see enemies
>activate ability
>mindlessly rush everybody with dual Tediors, spamming the reload button chronically
>kill everybody in a barely comprehensible mess of explosions
>run head first into the next battle
>same exact thing
>repeat for ~20 hours

Mindless fun at it's best.
>>
Joooooohhhnnnnyyy guitar.
But anyways fo 3 sucks ass just like fo 4 but bl1 is way to slow, bl2 is great but not even close to the amount of fun you can have eith fnv
>>
>>743944619
Fallout, obviously. No shoehorned cartoon gimmick to appease pre teen middle schoolers.
>>
>>743949941
Annotation: BL2 has got to be my fourth favorite videogame
>>
>>743950110
You're entitled to your opinion.

I'd say Handsome Jack is a very intelligently written character. And he's not the only one.
>>
>>743944619

Fallout if you're into collecting shit and story and atmosphere.

Borderlands if you're into run n gun and bright colors/co-op.
>>
>>743950110
>>743950355
...unless of course youre solely refwring to the art style, in which case LOLOL.
>>
>>743950355
> THIS
Jack is one of my favorite video get characters of all time.
He is such a big character that they needed to make an ENTIRE NEW GAME just to describe his backstory
(The pre-sequel)
>>
>>743950499
Nope. Artstyle and scenarios themselves. Including entire characters.
>>
File: 1500360454951.jpg (36KB, 638x699px) Image search: [Google]
1500360454951.jpg
36KB, 638x699px
Kinda glad Fallout doesn't have online. It would risk as being unbalanced as Borderlands.
>>
>>743950593
Okay. Then, again, you're entitled to that opinion.

Which which I whole-heartedly disagree.

Art style? It's actually interesting, not just more photorealism. Actual art quality, it's no competition. BL, as a series, has, from a technical standpoint, bad graphics.

As for the characters, they're mostly humorous takes on different mental illnesses. I enjoy them. Jack could be my favorite gaming villain.
>>
>>743950515
my biggest problem with borderlands was that you were just shooting the shit out of random nobodies for almost no reason whatsoever
the pre-sequel really added to Jack as a character so that when I replayed 2 killing jack meant somehting
>>
>>743950834
Lol. Borderlands was never intended to have any semblance of "balance." That's why PvP isn't a thing outside of friendly, mid-campaign dueling.

Can you even balance a game that so heavily relies on RNG?
>>
>>743949011
If you get Sharing is Caring AND Make it Sparkle (while ignoring the whole anarchy tree), it becomes pretty interesting too. Mainly if you're playing solo, ofc.
>>
>>743944619
New Vegas, obviously. Borderlands characters are just fucking annoying.
>>
>>743951003
No, you can't. Which is why the game would've been better off without it.
>>
>>743944619
I never played Fallout if starting with 3 on. I only played the first Borderlands.

Borderlands was a very fun addictive game. I did eventually grow bored of it. I do want to play it again however. Not sure if I would like the sequels considering that /v/ tells me a massive SJW wrote the games.

Brick was my nigga. He pretty much was Borderlands for me. I just couldn't get into the characters like i could him.
>>
>>743951518
Without the random looting and prospect of finding a new piece of ridiculous hardware at any turn, the series wouldn't be nearly as fun, and certainly less replayable. The random aspect in BL is everything.

>>743951604
The gay characters make zero difference; they're litterally just gay to be gay and have no baring on the story or, anything really. Just a few non-story NPCs that refer to their spouses. I hate SJWs with a fucking pasion, but the gay stuff in BL2 was so benign it was almost refreshing.
>>
>>743944619
Fallout: NV > 3 > borderlands
>>
>>743952111
When you have someone else with you fucking up your tactics and literally stealing everything, then would it still be replayable?
>>
>>743952279
That seems less like a problem with game design and more like a problem with your shitty friends lol.

A good team divides loot evenly.
>>
>>743944619
Borderlands, I love Fallout as a concept. Borderlands however was just a better series of Games.
>>
>>743944619
FO3 was a good game. It got the RPG stuff sought of okay but had general control issues and fairly bland gunplay with a prety weak storyline. Still fun though.

FNV was basically FO3 with upgrades. Weapon mods, new perks a different theme (old west) and a much better story and quests with more, better choices and rpg elements.

Fallout 4 took a few backwards steps in an attempt at improving other game aspects. Dialogue wheel sucks, npc's are just annoying, storyline is terrible, Choices are basically meaningless and few and far between, No level cap makes character building trivial and boring and the characters are really forgettable.

The gunplay is great, settlement building is pretty cool if a bit unfinished, graphical improvements are ok, power armour is way more awesome and lore friendly and weapon and armour modifications are very interesting.

Borderlands hasn't changed at all since the first one and that got old very quickly. Interesting characters and cool weapons with a good storyline and you can play with friends.

It's basically an fps with perk and loot systems. With friends it's lots of fun every now and then, but on your own it's really boring.

Not going to talk about any spinoff games because I didn't play them. Not going to talk about fallout 1 and 2 because I didn't play them.

Comparing borderlands to fallout 4 is alright, but comparing it to fallout 3 and fallout new vegas is weird because they are more rpg than fps.

Fallout is better I think. Much better rpg stuff, okay fps stuff and I don't need other people around me to make it fun.
>>
Fallout 3 was great at the time not so great now. Unmodded fallout3 is easily worse then borderlands.
Fallout new vegas is a very very good game in general. Easily beats borderlands 2.
Pre sequel and fdallout 4 at the red headed step children of both series. But i enjoy fallout 4 quite a bit. So fallout 4 is better.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.