[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: uncomfortable truths >Trump is a terrible president >Canada

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 160
Thread images: 24

File: 1484529176933.jpg (37KB, 702x476px) Image search: [Google]
1484529176933.jpg
37KB, 702x476px
ITT: uncomfortable truths
>Trump is a terrible president
>Canada hasn't had a capable leader since Pierre Trudeau
>All of Europe is boned because of the weakness in their leadership and lawmakers
>The largest single-event massacre of civilian life in human history was perpetrated by Churchill (one of the good guys)
>"Alt Right" is a buzz word trotted out by the media and applied to whatever we are supposed to hate
>"Antifa" only exists as a focal counterpoint
>Between the two, most of us are effectively distracted, and therefore complacent
>The internal combustion engine is very nearly obsolete
>Electric motors are the superior technology
>Electric cars are necessary
>We are fucked as a species unless we start working together
>We will never work together as long as we are being lied to and manipulated
>9 out of every 10 opinions you hear are manufactured
>Organized religion is a crock
>Atheism is a cheat
>Everything is a mess and we're fucked
>>
i like corn
>>
>>743829096
living for eternity is scary dying for eternity is scary
>>
>>743829227
Well at least there's that
>>
>>743829096
>The internal combustion engine is very nearly obsolete
top kek, how? batteries are fucking worthless still, and insanely overpriced, and we've yet to find a viable sustainable and safe energy source to power them with.
>>
>>743829227
me too anon, me too
>>
>>743829352
well maybe france finished their fusion reactor projects, but i doubt it. stupid fucking thing is just a giant money sink being milked last time i checked
>>
>>743829325
thanks dude :^)
>>
File: 1480758298216.jpg (87KB, 539x538px) Image search: [Google]
1480758298216.jpg
87KB, 539x538px
Trump falls in love with a Big and Beautiful Wall.

Unable to confess, he is gifted with by a deus ex machina with the wall's building address. Never minding the strange zip code, he immediately looks up the wall on Maps.com, and is overjoyed to find out that the wall was built by and already owned by The Trump Organization.

But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day's confessions to Megyn Kelly, she only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the wall he found is not the same wall he fell in love with. In fact, the wall doesn't exist in this universe at all. The wall is the alternate universe counterpart to this universe's US-Mexican border, which has fallen under administration of the MC's version of President Obama, who is blissfully unaware of the dangers of illegal immigration. The other Trump has been stumped.

Hijinks ensue as both Trumps strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to build a big & truly beautiful wall. While the two chase their respective walls, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of IMMIGRATION.
>>
This is a quintessential /b/ thread. Get ready for screenshots.
>>
>>743829352
Take a couple of hours and have a look at electric vehicles. They basically do everything better. The only problem is range, and that's slowly becoming irrelevant as more and more charging stations crop up and battery tech improves. The technology has been there for a century and the only reason it hasn't proliferated was because the oil companies hadn't found a way to make it profitable. Now they're cutting into the hippie market with hybrid vehicles and it won't be long before Big Oil has an enormous stake in the production of both electricity and the vehicles that use it.
>>
>>743829654
>>>/pol/
>>>/a/
>>>/out/
>>>/trash/
>>
>>743829306
what you mean to say is the concept of infinity is scary because no one will ever understand it and therefore it will always be an unknown and therefore subject to our fear of the unknown
>>
>>743829654
Stop posting that because it's already a thing.

https://www.fictionpress.com/s/3206139
>>
File: 1481044237293.jpg (88KB, 749x735px) Image search: [Google]
1481044237293.jpg
88KB, 749x735px
>>743829654
FINDS
>>
File: 1479041717766.jpg (56KB, 920x529px) Image search: [Google]
1479041717766.jpg
56KB, 920x529px
>>743829654
Always finds a way
>>
>>743829736
bruh
>>
File: 1293261391.jpg (85KB, 684x689px) Image search: [Google]
1293261391.jpg
85KB, 684x689px
>>743829096
Pretty much, yeah, except I'll just have to take your word on Canada, and I think atheism is just a bedrock concept, like gravity and death.

Have some tied-up tits.
>>
File: banana_tree.jpg (1MB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
banana_tree.jpg
1MB, 1200x800px
>>743829096
there is absolutely nothing wrong with this image
>>
File: 1464181046882.gif (560KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1464181046882.gif
560KB, 500x281px
>>743829654
>go to /b/ to escape keit-ai spam
>mfw this
>>
>>743829096
>Trump is a terrible president.

I never understood this meme. Hes a mild reformer. I can see why people think hes Dorito Hitler on some social issues but hes got jobs, money and military up.

Hes not perfect, i have major issues with his military involvement in other countries, and his hardcore fans defend his every action as 4d chess.

hes not 'terrible' by any stretch, hes just a mild reformer. nothing more, nothing less.
>>
I dunno aboot the electric motor. Still running high comp gas engines over here.
>>
File: 1502857422988.jpg (81KB, 728x546px) Image search: [Google]
1502857422988.jpg
81KB, 728x546px
>>743829096
Asch conformity tests.
>>
>>743829352
You'll change your mind in ten years when your favorite car companies start shilling it hard
>>
The production of beef requires enormous amounts of land for cattle grazing. If we cut that shit out, overpopulation would no longer be an issue. But beef farming is such huge business in North America that we will NEVER give it up, regardless of the good we could do for the world.
And that's the fucked up thing. As a society, we will allow heaps and heaps of human suffering to occur and to continue rather than give up our precious luxuries.
>>
>>743829736
wtf
>>
>>743829096
>You are just an angsty teen
>>
File: 1487632140377.jpg (40KB, 772x507px) Image search: [Google]
1487632140377.jpg
40KB, 772x507px
>>743829959
thanks /b/ro. Tits are always relevant
>>
>>743829736
>stares at ceiling
i cant sleep
fuck you nigga
>>
>>743829736
have you tried the corn?
>>
>>743829736
>tfw you want to live forever but cant
>>
>>743830096
if they improve batteries capacity and electricity costs less than gas per mile, maybe.
but i doubt electricity is going to go down in price, let alone be produced safely without the side effects of pollution/risk of radioactive meltdowns

then there's the fact that finding somewhere to recharge is going to be insanley difficult. so we still need another tech to improve before it's genuinely viable (solar tech or some other form)
>>
>>743829096
>truths
If you see your views as truths, and everyone else's views as opinions, you're never going to learn anything.
>we are fucked as a species, unless we start working together
Would you cooperate with someone who considered their own thoughts to be absolute truth?
>>
>>743829736
jesus, that hits hard
>>
>>743830135
Stem cells can be grown into steaks
Imagine skyscraper farms in cities where steaks are grown on "trees"
"Real" beef from real cows, although indistinguishable in taste and texture, becomes a luxury food for the superrich (and even 90% of that is bio-steak since they can't tell the difference)
Steak becomes one of the cheapest and easiest foods to eat and acquire
Bacon is next
>>
File: 1433894691628.jpg (327KB, 1100x860px) Image search: [Google]
1433894691628.jpg
327KB, 1100x860px
>>743830509
That's the thing though; renewable energy is completely doable. All we have to do as a society is actually do it.
>Too many people are making too much money off of fossil fuels and nuclear for that to be allowed to happen
Oh, right. Guess we are fucked then. Enjoy your radioactive wasteland, future-anon
>>
File: lol.jpg (53KB, 718x960px) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
53KB, 718x960px
i just want to be happy
>>
>>743830549
>critiques the tone of the writing, without refuting a single argument
>>
>>743830050
>i have major issues with his military involvement in other countries

as in his lack of? He's pulled support for the terrorists in Syria and has started no new wars yet.

Muslimfag here, HRC would have taken us to war with Russia. IMHO
>>
>>743830749
>renewable energy is completely doable. All we have to do as a society is actually do it.
prove it. solar panels are way too weak currently, or their patents for producing better products are owned by companies unwilling to put it into production
while wind turbines on cars is retarded
dams are great and safe for the most part, but can't be built everywhere. and have insanely expensive upfront cost.

>Enjoy your radioactive wasteland, future-anon
i didn't choose it, but any alternative method of producing electricity hasn't proven capable of solving our energy needs... yet.

i'm too lazy to research fusion reactors, did france finish their work or is it still a fairytale always 40 years in the future tech?
>>
File: 1487632740110.jpg (36KB, 400x237px) Image search: [Google]
1487632740110.jpg
36KB, 400x237px
>>743830731
...I'm not at all sure how to feel about this
>>
>>743830863

>Anon critizes your worldveiw
>'Sorry nerd, you dident criticize what I wanted to talk about try again :,)'

You frame your opinions as 'Truths'. Come on man.
>>
>>743830893
>no new wars yet.
he's definitely cooking something up. gotta keep the war machines gears turning. god forbid that cashcow stops getting funded and they rage against the macheeen
>>
>>743829227
this man knows what's up.
>>
>>743831076
>wind turbines on cars
pictured a Prius with a propeller-sized windmill and giggled
>prove it
Can't remember where I picked this up but apparently if we were to make a full-scale commitment to renewable energy, we could attain a reasonably high percentage within our lifetimes. Not 100% all at once but if we took the long view and kept at it, we'd make it work.
There is no perfect solution but we could be doing better than we are.
No idea about the French project
>>
>>743829096
>>Canada hasn't had a capable leader since Pierre Trudeau
it's funny how everbody in canada say people from quebec are trash and they hate them, yet most of the country's prime ministers were from quebec.
>>
>>743829096
>Electric cars are necessary
Well. Electric cars could be feasible. Necessary? I mean, I hope you realize how practical and feasible it is that we look towards "Hydrozene" powered vehicles and other fuel-cell based means of power generation, too. Unless you enjoy being stuck between two states because the range on your electric car wasn't big enough to make it to the next charging station. Woops.

>We will never work together as long as we are being lied to and manipulated
Not true. People worked together under Hitler, for starters. Maybe not perfectly, but they did work together under many great lies and fantasies. If scientists faked all kinds of hostile signals and whatnot simulating malcontent entities from beyond, I guarantee the majority of humanity would eventually start internalizing Will Smith's role in Independence Day, 200%. Everyone needs something to fear and hate, to work against or towards. Without that, of course, we all eventually turn on one another. Natural shit-stirrers and the oppositional will of course never change, but they'd immediately be turned into the "them".

In a nutshell, you'd just need to sell the idea of nationalism and pride for human kind, and establish all human kind as "us". Boom.

>Everything is a mess and we're fucked
Eh. Fucked how? What everything? By what? Mess?
>>
>>743829096
Money is the root cause of most our social ills.
We cause the rest.

Let me explain.
1st, money has had a good 7000+ year run. It served us well. But now, its causing more problems than it solves. We no longer live in a scarcity. We are CAPABLE of manufacturing an abundance for everyone. Nobody need go without food, clothing, shelter, basic medical care, education, etc.. nobody.
But money cannot operate in abundance. If we make enough for everyone, the price drops to zero. Nobody can profit, which means nobody is willing to make enough for everyone. It's not that we can't make enough, it's that we won't.... because of money.
So we deliberately create scarcity so money will function. Money is the root cause of most scarcity today.

2nd problem is human nature. Let me relate a study of monkeys in India. A troup of monkeys in India lived near a village. The villagers were used to feeding the monkeys. Then researchers had the villagers quit feeding the monkeys, and watched what happened to their social structure as monkey had to go back to foraging for food.
The results - the more free time monkeys had, the more time they spent on antagonizing each other. The antagonism was designed to establish and enforce the social hierarchy. The more time they had, the more they spent on their social standings - but in a way that tore their society apart. When they were forced to forage, much of the antagonism disappeared.
Further studies throughout the world on apes of all different types found similar results with one notable exception - the bonobo. The bonobo is notable for many exceptions - only matriarchy, only species with no natural predators, also has sex for many reasons - has lots and lots of sex.
But you can see the same thing happening in humans. The more free time we have, the more we antagonize each other for social reasons. For all our social sophistication, we still act like our ape cousins.
>>
>>743830893

I diddent like him Bombing Assad. Just leave the middle east alone. I dont like his stance with South Korea if he sends in ground troops but ill have to wait and see. His platform was anti intervention.

Fuck Hillary, that crazy bitch would have us in a second cold war.
>>
>>743829096
>>Organized religion is a crock
>>Atheism is a cheat
Seriously, just pick a side already. Either you believe in magical sky fairies or you don't. There is no middle ground here and anyone who says otherwise is fooling themselves.
>>
>>743831076
Dams also really fuck the environment if you're stupid about how you clear the land and determine how and where the water goes or stays, even if you've found the perfect place to build one. Tidal generators are probably something to look into.
>>
>>743831375
>There is no perfect solution
sure there is, it's called cold fusion.
turn any form of matter into electricity. take all the waste and junk in the world.
>tfw you realize backtothefutures future will never happen and you're doomed to live on this hell we call earth until all those biblical tales of the apoclypse come true
we had a good run at least?
not really... but eh
>>
>>743831611
>that crazy bitch would have us in a second cold war
Opposed to what's going on now with us running big dick drills near another country that's launching their big dick missiles.
>>
File: 1444505143028.jpg (356KB, 1214x1239px) Image search: [Google]
1444505143028.jpg
356KB, 1214x1239px
>>743831200
>implying I give a fuck what you think about my worldview

Either you think I'm wrong, or something I said got under your skin because you know I'm right. If you think I'm wrong, you should be able to produce some kind of counterpoint. If I'm just making you uncomfortable because thinking hurts, then you're proving my point; some truths are uncomfortable.
>TL;DR stop being so fannyflustered and tell us what's really on your mind

...nice dubs though
>>
>>743831701
Cold fusion is pretty much debunked. Its just junk science now.
>>
>>743829723
Not the anon you're responding to, but what on Earth are you shilling for?
It's never about the engine's performance, it's about where to take all the energy from to fuel these things.
>>
>>743831581
are you trump by any chance?
>people need more jobs, and i gaurantee you all the riots and racial problems of today will go away
he's following the same line of thought as you. smart motherfuckers
>>
>>743830863
You missed the point. I wasn't arguing. I was trying to help your stupid ass by telling you to keep an open mind.
>>
>>743829723
"Big Oil" as you call it, already has a stake in electric vehicles. They have positioned themselves as energy brokers, be it fossil fuels or renewables. Oil exploration and refinement are hideously expensive. Oil companies typically make 5% or less on fuel production. The dollar figures are so large because, frankly, EVERYONE buys fuel. It's a volume business only slightly more profitable than grocery stores. As they invest in more and more alternatives they will gradually get out of the fuel business and focus more on the petrochemical side.
>>
https://www.change.org/p/lyricalz-spinmeright-needs-to-race-change-back-to-pandaren
>>
>>743831611
>Fuck Hillary, that crazy bitch would have us in a second cold war.

I'm afraid you are wrong there, attempting to push the Russians out of syria (naval base, and the whole reason for arming the "rebels") would have led to a very "hot" war.

S.Korea ain't happening either. The Chinese and Russians have great interest in keeping N.Korea as it is...it prevents US troops from being directly on thier borders. That'll turn into a very hot war very quickly.
>>
>>743832114
see >>743831820
>>
>>743831654
>fuck the environment
hardly. they're simply setting up a psuedolake and diverting a couple rivers. the effects are nothing compared to burning fossil fuels or relying on radioactive waste.
without even including all the harm the waste products of these facilities create. let alone the catastrophic effects of meltdowns or pipe bursts capable of destroying entire cities. both fossil fuel and nuclear power production facilities are capable of such damage.
>>
>>743832136
>Pretty much this
>>
>>743832323
>>743832136
they already own the infrastructure and material to mine/extract/refine oil, switching up shop to change for renewables or other methods of energy production isn't that tantalizing when looking at the upfront cost, even if the profit margins increase
>>
File: images.jpg (3KB, 150x90px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
3KB, 150x90px
I'M NOT DRINKING ANY FUCKING MERLOT!
>>
>>743832445
Is that why the big oil companies are the biggest owners of renewable energy infrastructure?
>>
>>743832136
>"Big Oil"

Was behind the greatest theft in history.
(1) Bushes are oil presidents, it's their life work
(2) Sanctions on Iran and Iraq put 2 of the biggest oil producers out of the loop, supply is affected raising the price of oil (first iraq war and clinton's no-fly)
(2) Iraq war 2, sanctions on 2 producers and a major war by the world's superpower...supply is down, but now there's great demand to fuel all those aircraft, humvees and tanks...oil shoots through the roof
(3) Trillions borrowed from the future (gov bonds) to pay for war. These trillions are distributed to oil and millitary contractors.
>>
>>743831638
>Organized religion is a crock
>ORGANIZED religion
>ORGANIZED

Key words, dummy. "Picking a side" is what got most of us into this mess in the first place.
>>
>>743832292
>hardly
Yes, the effects are nothing compared to burning fossil fuels or relying on radioactive waste. But mercury poisoning can still happen. Degradation of biomass left trapped in the dams after they're operational is still a factor
>methane
And, remember, you're clearing land to make these dams. Land that was previously part of a natural environment in which an ecosystem thrived. Usually, dams are build upon already flowing rivers or large bodies of water near steep inclines, where gravity can help do most of the work. Doesn't do us a whole lot of good if we're incidentally displacing, or actively preventing a ton of salmon from swimming upstream to mate, for example. It instead just fucks us economically because we can't harvest them, fucks them because less salmon will ever breed if at all, and fucks with the rest of the ecosystem, because I doubt that anything relying on salmon to reach equilibrium in that system is going to venture into a dam system to eat all that often.

Damage to the environment is still damage. Like you mentioned, there aren't a lot of places where you can build damns, and those places are often naturally often inextricably either sources of drinking water, habitats, or both.
>>
File: images.jpg (3KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
3KB, 100x100px
>>743832136

DAMMIT YOU SPIKEY HAIR FUC! THE PLANET DYIN'! HARVEY WAS IT TRYIN' TO TELL US SUMIN!
>>
>>743832667
>energy producers protecting their capitol
it's likely why they don't actually push for it but are prepared for any changes the government starts pushing, which wont happen because they own the lobbyists.

when they switch to alternative methods of energyproduction, it'll be for profit, not because of muh pollution, or muh potential hazardsss
>>
File: 1484782960271.png (192KB, 455x391px) Image search: [Google]
1484782960271.png
192KB, 455x391px
>>
>>743832773
That wasn't the biggest theft.
The 1953 Iranian coup started the biggest theft in human history. So large it took them 26 years to cart it all away. Billions and billions of dollars in oil - 26 years of pumping - and the Iranians didn't see a dime from it.
>>
>>743831820
Your correct, you dont have to give a fuck what i think on 4chan.com, I know you dont give a fuck because you send me paragrahs explaining how not mad you are, but if your worldview is you think your opinions are facts, your worldview is shit. What your opening statement is are views. A take on a situation. Thats fine dude, you have a good thread disscussing them, but there not unquestionable truths man, dont be silly. ill quote the guy to asked the question first

>>743830549
>truths
If you see your views as truths, and everyone else's views as opinions, you're never going to learn anything.
>we are fucked as a species, unless we start working together
Would you cooperate with someone who considered their own thoughts to be absolute truth?
>>
>>743831076
a solar farm of 17,500 sq miles would be able to power the entirety of the North American continent using our current level of commercially available solar technology. If we set aside about 0.6% of federally owned non-refuge land aside in a few south western states it would not only power the continent but provide thousands of jobs for maintenance, manufacturing and electrical personnel. We could even substitute some of the space above commercial and residential buildings with solar collection devices such as solar tile or panel shading and reduce that estimate while providing incentive to the land owner with subsidies and energy expense cuts or even returns.
>>
>>743833141
Agreed. But they are prepared for the eventuality. "peak oil" may be some decades away, but it will come eventually. Just as the whole Earth may be huge, but it's not infinite.
>>
>>743832931
i'm not going to shill for dams, they're not the end all be all energy answer of modern civilization, but they are infinitely better than the damage done by mining for fossil fuels (damaging ecosystems everywhere rather than just the places that need a lot of electricity) and uranium mines (the fuel for which is a finite resource only found in asteroids)

you can't compare a small lakebed or a couple diverted rivers to the damage a blown oil refinery will do, or a meltdown. while those facilities also take up massive swaths of landscape which once housed an entire ecosystem which needs to be displaced for them to be built and subsequently function
>>
>>743833390
In 2009 there were more abandoned houses in the U.S. than there were homeless people.
Yet, money prevented us from putting people in those houses. We had to keep money working - even if it means thousands must die of exposure.
>>
>>743832775
All religion is, by definition, organized. People come together to worship deities based around a commonly accepted dogma. Disorganized religion would just be isolated hermits worshiping their own made up nonsense individually. Either you believe in gods, or you don't. Oh, and you're a dummy, ya dummy.
>>
>>743832154

My argument is not that what Trump is doing is right, because i agree, His Syria policy was a stupid mistake. I dont know what he will do with S Korea. We cant just leave it alone now, if they use the nukes on Seoul or Japan then shits going to go south.

My argument is Hillary had some fucking Crazy ideas for Syria. like, Cold war ideas.
>>
>>743830050
> He's got jobs and money up.

Those are residual from Obama's presidency and are going to go downhill once Trump's policies have had time to come to effect.
>>
>>743829654
FINDS A WAY

A

W
A
Y
>>
>>743833656
Religious beliefs without organization is called spirituality.
Which is not the same as spiritualism - which is a specific set of religious beliefs.
>>
>>743830893
He's just increased the number of soldiers in Afghanistan you mong.
>>
>>743833390
solar panels don't come out of thin air, their production and the material needed to be mined from the earth is seriously damaging.
the sun isn't always shining, so batteries are needed to be able to store the energy for up to several weeks in some regions.
17.5k miles squared is a fuckhuge amount of space, which needs to be close to residential areas and businesses in order to be viable.

you'd be better off putting turbines on rooftops and using solarpanels for windows on buildings than committing that much landmass of potential farmland to simple energy production
>>
>>743833538
>infinitely better than the damage done by mining for fossil fuels
Yeah, they are.
>you can't compare a small lakebed or a couple diverted rivers to the damage a blown oil refinery can do
Which is why I was trying to suggest that we don't do that by highlighting that while
>in comparison
to said non-renewable means of power generation, hydroelectric power generation is less grievous, specifically focusing on hydroelectric power generation still reveals problems of its own. Sure, you can't compare a raging tar sands fire to the amount of methane that rises off of proliferating algae in stagnant reservoirs, especially on the short term, it makes no sense.

But what you said right there, that the facilities for an oil refinery also takes up massive swaths of landscape which once housed an entire ecosystem which needs to be displaced for them to be built and subsequently function. That point alone makes it more viable to compare an oil refinery and a dam system, just by virtue of them needing to displace ecosystems and take up land. I mean, look at Quebec.
>>
>>743833629
We seriously don't care about what is good for anyone but ourselves which is why real Communism fails and unregulated Capitalism will also fail. No such thing as equilibrium in real life as long as someone covets what another has and others will hoard what they have.
>>
File: 59a53e0f53775f63f1284ac54b86c5ab.jpg (133KB, 1434x826px) Image search: [Google]
59a53e0f53775f63f1284ac54b86c5ab.jpg
133KB, 1434x826px
>>743829096
Wow Anon. If that's how you truly feel, I have a show just for you.
>>
>>743833629
>>743834007
agreed.
simple basic income for sheletering and feeding poor/middleclass bracket citizens is needed to fix the problems poverty brings.
but alas government issued neetbux is sadly only a pipedream
>>
>>743833253
I hear you on Iran. Overthrowing a democracy and putting in place a king, secret police, dissappearances, etc. Whatever happens, the people of Iran will never trust America again.

But the Iraq thing, that's trillions stolen from one sector of the american people and given to another. Trillions that could have been spent for the better good. No WMD, what do we get as a response, "woops" and it's forgotten.
>>
>>743833948
the thing about solar is that they are recyclable after creation. you can mine all the lithium and whatever you want and then keep turning broken solar panels back into new ones. Though it's not 100% efficient nothing is and the returns are definitely better compared to not only industrial but environmental costs of non-renewables.
>>
File: 1503016818089.jpg (38KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
1503016818089.jpg
38KB, 600x480px
>>743829096
>Pierre Trudeau
>Capable
>>
>>743833891

Unfair to mongs to compare them to charlatan supporters.
>>
>>743833891
>He's just increased the number of soldiers in Afghanistan you mong

by 2000. He's also taken a very soft approach to the Taliban. He's including them.

read the news a little, asswipe
>>
>>743833954
>proliferating algae in stagnant reservoirs
ironically it's been proven that they can use the algae as a powersource as well.
>>
File: 1484506061080.jpg (38KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1484506061080.jpg
38KB, 480x270px
>>743833389
Ok, if you really want to split hairs here...
>deep concern over my choice of wording
I suppose I could have said "ITT: my uncomfortable views and one or two proven facts as well", but who the fuck wants to read that shit? I guess I could also have said "Things which I believe to be true", or "world views which many people hold to be self-evident"...the list goes on but it all comes down to the same thing.
>Did I really have to explain that "truth" is subjective in this case?
Probably not. Which leads me to the next piece:
>Would I cooperate blah blah absolute truth?
I suppose that would depend on what thoughts that person held. I don't really think of too many things as "absolute truth" anyway, so as long as that person wasn't being a detriment to whatever effort we were engaged in, then sure. Why not?
>>
>>743829096
>>Canada hasn't had a capable leader since Pierre Trudeau
who is this uncomfortable for?
the only way anyone would challenge it is: disagreeing P. Trudeau was capable, and J. Trudeau disagreeing because he knows how to say the current year.
>>
>>743834007
Hoarding is another consequence of our artificial scarcity.

As an aside, the native American legend of the windigo is rooted in gluttony. For a feast and famine society, one person who goes out and eats all their stored food is disastrous to the entire community. Yet, this is exactly what happened on rare occasion. Thus, the myth and legend of the windigo - a beast with an insatiable appetite. It really was humans gone insane. But that doesn't make for good cautionary tales.
>>
>>743833954
>That point alone makes it more viable to compare an oil refinery and a dam system, just by virtue of them needing to displace ecosystems and take up land. I mean, look at Quebec.
i don't understand your point tbh. are you saying nuclear facilities don't also take up large swaths of land?
>>
>>743833794

>Going to go downhill

Source? GDP has done nothing but climb since Trump has got in. I understand if its just a legacy from Obama, but i dont see anything trump doing to negatively impact it.
>>
>>743829096
Go to bed Cris
>>
>>743834149
>No WMD, what do we get as a response, "woops" and it's forgotten.
NATO allies should sue the fuck out of the states for this very reason. all those lives lost, all the money wasted.
>>
>>743834343
In the same way it's been proven that you could use fusion to achieve power as well. Not only is the technology to harness the potential of algae still in the works, but the technology to "store" power, specifically battery technology and transmission efficiency, would need to progress some more before that would be as viable as burning a few pounds of coal.
>>
>>743834339
>very soft approach
>drops MOAB on them
top kek
>>
>>743834502
I'm acknowledging that they do.
>>
>>743834178
>the returns are definitely better compared to not only industrial but environmental costs of non-renewables.

This is utterly wrong. If solar was so fucking amazing and efficient and cheap, NO ONE WOULD USE ANYTHING ELSE.

Efficiency is in the 30s, tops. In ideal conditions. For a few hours a day. And the current trickles and has to be gathered and stored to be made useful for anything more power hungry than an MCU and some lights.

"Renewables" are cheerlead by scientifically iliiterate morons who think magic energy simply materializes because they wish it were so, and it's only bad evil conspiracies holding back the way of the future, because money.

The truth is that anyone who finds a way to create cheap energy superior to what we already have will become a millionaire, minimum. But no one has. Nothing is more efficient than fossil fuels and, to a lesser extent, fission.

>electrical engineer
>>
>>743834715
i'm not sure they've ever built a fusion reactor which puts out more energy than what was used to ignite the reaction yet. so it's still just a theory as far as being made a viable power source so far

but the algae has been proven to work and can work to scale on massive production. it literally takes pollutants from our watersupplies and turns it into electricity on the large scale.
>>
>>743834672
You can't make me
>>
>>743834343
We are technologically capable of producing all the electric power we could possibly need. But we can't do it because we must *make a profit*. Once again, we artificially create scarcity just so our money will work.
But you're right. We are technically capable of producing billions of kw/hs, with very little waste.

We are also technologically capable of recycling over 98% of all waste we produce. But because we have to make a profit, we limit ourselves to less than 45% while our oceans and landfills fill up with garbage.
>>
File: 15184107987_dd2f97287d_b.jpg (150KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
15184107987_dd2f97287d_b.jpg
150KB, 1024x768px
>>743829096
>A circumcised male is a blessed male
>Pepsi is for black people that can't afford a coke
>>
>>743834126
the thing really preventing basic income as a viable thing is really the generation who refuse to let go of the economy and are now indoctrinating the ideology that they got where they were on only effort instead of circumstance creating generations of ignorant and naive workers who defend their owners at the expense of their own interests. This results in continuous tax cuts to the most wealthy and increased burden on the middle and lower classes who blame it on anyone they're told to even if it's someone fighting for better quality of life for them.
>>
>>743834673
>all the money wasted

Whoa there, no money was wasted. It was spent. It went in people's pockets, mostly oil and military contractors. For a golden decade they made money hand over fist. Their children and grandchildren will profit from this (houses bought, investments, etc.)

But, if you worked outside these sectors, then it was you tax money being spent, along with the taxes your children and grandchildren will pay (the borrowing to pay for the war in long-term debt instruments).
>>
>>743829096
OP I like you, you actually ain't a fag
>>
>>743834861
We have, many times. But the scale is still small - on the order of a few millimeters. It will probably take us at least another decade or two to contain a reasonably large reaction for commercial use.
>>
>>743835014
The problem is that you're still using money - which still causes all the problems you're trying to solve. To solve all scarcity problems, you have to eliminate the use of money entirely.

And I don't mean going cashless. We have to abandon the very concept of money if we are ever to solve scarcity problems.
>>
>>743834968
yes capitalism has its falls
no we aren't ever going to move away from the system as those in power love their power and the masses who attempted to bring an end to their control over the poor/middleclass were swiftly divided and turned into faggot/BLM racial movements.

maybe china will achieve the socialist beauty you dream of, with their regulated freemarket and communist government.
but it's unlikely as they're only human and just as easily corruptable as anyone else
>>
>>743834861
>but the algae has been proven to work and can work to scale on massive production
Not from what I'm looking at.
http://www.worldscientific.com/doi/abs/10.1142/S2339547815400099
Says in here that while it is conceivable if not possible, the means of putting it to work on a massive scale don't really exist yet. A lot of what impedes it regards fabrication hurdles and exactly scaling the power cell.
>>
>>743834673
None of you idiots have the slightest fucking idea what you're talking about.

>Iranian monarchy took power in the 1920s
>Ajax was a counter coup against a Soviet puppet
>there were WMDs in Iraq. 5 fucking minutes on Google will show you chemical weapons and hundreds of tons of uranium
>NATO was not called or mobilized in Iraq

Stupid fucking children who know nothing.
>>
>>743834843
I'm sorry to say that the best isn't always what automatically wins.
There is no "survival of the fittest" in economics it's "survival of the desperate" and those who make money and spend the most to conform others to their ideology win. At this point fossil fuels and nuclear make more money per the expense of their use than renewables despite being much less safe or efficient. Even if someone somehow found a way to turn semen into super fuel it would never get used because nobody would make enough money from it.
>>
File: 1320641410269.jpg (44KB, 500x389px) Image search: [Google]
1320641410269.jpg
44KB, 500x389px
>>743835014
don't worry anon, the money will trickle down!
>proceeds to invest in infrustructure and creating jobs for indians and child/slave laboureres throughout asia
basic income was required over a decade ago, it's too late at this point and those in power have shown they're willing to use scorched earth tactics if the people decide to try and overthrow them
>>
>>743835336
>yes capitalism has its falls
Don't confuse capitalism with democracy. China is very much a capatalist nation.
>>
>>743835336
Which is why I think we will fail as a species. In a twist of irony, we - the most adaptable species ever - have created for ourselves an environment that will cause our extinction if we don't adapt to it... and we are refusing to adapt.
>>
>>743835424
>way to turn semen into superfuel
>nobody would make enough money from it
>implying nobody rejected from sperm banks would pay neighbors to fuel their car
>>
>>743835051
>mostly oil and military contractors.
>rich fucks who are already rich and would've continued to stay rich, used to kill over a million iraqis
>rather than funds for helping pull their very own people out of poverty
that's a waste in my eyes.
>>
>>743835288
we'd need a fully automated production, proliferation and collection society for currencyless society to ever be possible without devolving to a hunter-gatherer and trade society.
>>
>>743835653
Bring in the robots.
>>
>>743835148
france supposedly built one to scale that should be capable of it, i remember reading in 2012 it would turn on in 2017, although i've yet to read anything about it yet.
>>
>>743835638
and that's why I called it theft. One group, the one in power at the time (oil and military) stole from everyone else.
>>
File: 4mylBz4.jpg (11KB, 404x404px) Image search: [Google]
4mylBz4.jpg
11KB, 404x404px
>>
>>743835407
meh i just remember seeing some dude using it to turn a convayorbelt and claiming you just need to increase the length of said conveyor in order to increase its power output
>>
>>743835415
You're full of shit.
1943, Iran was given independence.
They modeled their democracy after the British parliamentary system. They remained a democracy for 10 years. They even had a cordial relationship with both the United States and Great Britain during that time.
>>
>>743835415
>there were WMDs in Iraq.
no, there weren't.
they had facilities that suggested they may have had been refining uranium (likely to develope nuclear reactors so they can sell their oil rather than burning it all)
not a single weapon was found though.
>>
It's obvious and sounds edgelordy, but morality is not absolute. Compassion for life and caring about things like "innocence" are pretty new concepts that are taught, not instinctual.
>>
>>743835524
they're commies
and america is a republic.
>>
>>743835583
>and we are refusing to adapt.
it's not we, but rather the people who have the power
>>
>>743835653
That's one solution. Another proposal was a mandatory 10 year work period during which a person earns his citizenship. It all becomes a nanny state for him after that.

I favor some combination of all possible solutions - whatever works best in each situation, and work to improve matters from there.
>>
>>743836002
He's just trolling.

>>743836154
We humans
We humans have all the power. Power itself is sort of a human concept.
>>
>>743835653
>>743835415
they had chemicle weapons from the iran-iraq war, sold to them by the U.S of course.

sowhat if they had uranium? doesn't mean they're using it to build weapons. they didn't know how to and even if they did it wouldn't have been the end of the world, fucking pakistan has nukes, now THAT is some seriously fucked up shit. (the same country which protected and hid osama bid laden for over a decade)
>>
>>743836002
Yep. Sadaam was bluffing. Or at least, somebody else came up with the idea there were WMD's and he wasn't going to refute it.

W Bush and Cheney destroyed an innocent country unfortunately run by a dictator with a history of blood on his hands, but totally innocent of the 9/11 attack and had no WMDs.

And the destruction of iraq left a power vacuum for our current self-proclaimed caliphate that likes to take high-res video of their executions, that they use effectively as a recruiting tool.
>>
>>743836744
>but totally innocent of the 9/11 attack and had no WMDs.
correct, it's been revealed recently that saudi arabia was at fault for 9/11.

every dictator in those regions "has blood on their hands" it's their nature over their, they follow islam. and it worked for them, what fucking right does america have to enter a sovereign nation and punish them for acting lawfully without breaking any international laws?

america is not the worlds police, america does not owe iraqis anything, and freedom can not be given only taken. if they wanted freedom from their oppressive government they would've fought for it.
>>
>>743829096

OK Retard
>>
>>743836477
they didn't have uranium. The yellowcake they "found" was already under lock and key since the first gulf war. It was only a couple years after the second war that they decided to move it out of Iraq. Conservative trolls all latched on it and claimed they "found it".

Same thing goes for the chemical weapons - it was leftovers from the Iran-Iraq war. So chemically decomposed they needed specialized lazer gas chromotography equipment (only in 3 places in the world had it at the time) to identify what it once was. when reporting to Congress how dangerous it was, the General said, "well, I wouldn't want to drink it". Truth is, it was so decomposed it presented no more risk than any other industrial waste product.

then there was the thousands of empty artillery shells that was "capable" of holding a chemical weapon - all presents as if each one was a separate WMD - even though they were all empty shells.

then there was the army division who decided to call each and every IED they found a WMD. Which made even a sparkler and a match a WMD in their reports. And the other army colonel who decided that simple hand grenades were WMDs depending on whose hand they were in. Our hands - good to go. Their hands - WMD.
>>
>>743829096
yup, your me. well done OP. Welcome to life as a Realist/Centrist
>>
File: turbo.png (905KB, 1152x432px) Image search: [Google]
turbo.png
905KB, 1152x432px
>>743829096
>>The internal combustion engine is very nearly obsolete
YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH
>>
>>743829096
You're correct, but you spelled Chrétien wrong.
And combustion engines are more resilient to the cold and capable of going longer distances. Until countries put up more recharge stations, I'm not capable of going three provinces in a single day with an electric engine unless we use disposable or tradable batteries which I don't think I would trust, being I don't know how worn the one I'm trading in is compared to the one I'm getting.
>>
>>743837331
>then there was the thousands of empty artillery shells that was "capable" of holding a chemical weapon - all presents as if each one was a separate WMD - even though they were all empty shells.
>then there was the army division who decided to call each and every IED they found a WMD. Which made even a sparkler and a match a WMD in their reports. And the other army colonel who decided that simple hand grenades were WMDs depending on whose hand they were in. Our hands - good to go. Their hands - WMD.
muh opium and larger military budgets
u just mad u didn't get to rape and profit off iraq
>>
>>743837706
brings up another issue, mismatching voltages/amperages will blow or utterly annihilate batteries.
>>
>>743837910
I'm sure there'd be a standard of some sort. Like, you'd pull into a station and trade your dead #3 for a charged #3 and away you go. As long as they some dinky battery for what would replace coupe compacts, some mid size for sedans/vans, some larger one for trucks (If you think electric won't power a truck, learn what fucking torque is and why diesel/electric engines are a thing), I think we'd be fine.
That being said, of course there are going to be some fancy vehicles with likely a proprietary battery but when you're deviating from consumer grade shit, that's to be expected.
My concern lies solely with the fact that I would take great care of my battery, but because I need to go 500 KM, I'd have to trade it at a station for a charged one that's all fucking corroded over.
>>
>>743837779
Not mad. Just disappointed in my fellow Americans.

I remember the propaganda used on us to justify the first war. They really didn't need propaganda because the first one was a just war. But they lied to us anyway.

Cut to the second war. I saw that we were getting all our information from one source, and one source only. That's bad policy for anyone about anything. So I called for us to wait for independent confirmation of the intel we were hearing.
For my troubles, my fellow Americans attacked me personally. I was getting death threats. People threatened my entire family. At least three people tried to dox me and one got as close as revealing the city block I lived on.
I have no doubt that had they found me, my wife and kids would have become targets.

These were my own countrymen. And all I wanted was independent confirmation. That's how insane we became after 9/11.

I decided then that my anonymity would be the most important thing while on the internet. The day I cannot post anonymously is the day I quit the internet.
>>
>>743836214
I was mulling over a concept wherein machines become sufficiently advanced enough that they can be nearly universally capable and consumers would purchase or "sponsor" robot workers who would earn a virtual "wage" on their owner's behalf for a company. They would be something substantial to own akin to a home but have enough of them and you can live work-free and there would still be a market in oversight and maintenance to appease the work lovers.
Basically the new slave trade except you sell out your robot's work outside of your property.
>>
>>743829306
i like the way you think.
>>
>>743838520
>and then the chinese sell your boss 10 robots at a dollar a piece
>>
>>743838520
Problem with that is, why would anyone rent your machines when they can buy their own?
You'll end up with machines nobody else wants. You would have to enter some cottage industry to keep them busy. And that takes know how, capital, personal effort, and risk to start your own business.
>>
File: robodick.webm (2MB, 747x420px) Image search: [Google]
robodick.webm
2MB, 747x420px
>>743839022
>don't need workers all the time
>liability too much for corps to run their own machines
>initial investment too much

I mean why do people rent, why do companies farm out jobs to temp agencies already, why do companies use contractors, why do fleets lease cars and trucks and not buy?

All those reasons it's totally viable. The absolute lack of robotics however, well...
>>
>>743838424
Could always create your own "meshnet".
>>
>>743829096
>Trudeau
>Capable

The same dude that made a cabinet based on gender equality rather than merit?
>>
>>743837031

> saving weeks
> one hour

It needs you like 3-10 min and thats also the Maximum time you can hold in such a huge amount of cum. >>743829096
>>
>>743829096
since the dawn of man
what has been possessed has never been earned, gifted, or borrowed, but taken.
You grab what you want when you know it is in fact what you want.
Just make sure the juice is worth the squeeze.
>hence the "squeeze" part of that expression.
>>
>>743830731
I want to live in steakworld
Thread posts: 160
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.