[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is working overrated?

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 152
Thread images: 8

is working overrated?
>>
Is making money to support yourself and a functional family overrated?
>>
What are people supposed to do if not become a productive member of society?
>>
>>743318241
what if your job is a shitkickers job? and you're so socially awkard you don't fit in anyway?

>>743318189
beside money which I won't be earning much..
>>
>>743318388
doenst matter. I am socially awkward and still manage. People either like or hate me cause I am kind at least.
>>
>>743317920
depends if you can afford to live without working
>>
>>743317920

Working generally sucks unless you're the 1 in 1000 people who land their dream job. You have to figure out what the baseline salary you need to sustain the lifestyle you want is and then work just enough to maintain that.

My hobbies are inexpensive (playing video games, shooting guns, and playing music) so I do just fine making about $45k a year working 9 months out of the year. I can even save money and take vacations on that salary because of how little I spend month to month.
>>
>>743317920
depends what your priorities are anon, if you can get by on neetbux or whatever and you're happy then feel free to not work

i personally prefer being able to buy nice shit to keep my autistic self entertained so i work, but it's not because i enjoy working
>>
>>743318920
>>743318776
>>743318532
great answers...

cause I want a Chinese woman and babies.. that's probably why I want to be working to be able to afford them otherwise ...

BTW Alain De botton had a difficult relation with his father cause his father is worth 232 million and when Alain sold his book for 1 million his father wonder what he's going to do with his life cause 1 million is peanuts to him
>>
>>743319556
i hit my 'this is what i need to have a comfortable life' figure about 6 months ago and my salary is only going to go up as i get more experience in my job, and my partners business is starting to pick up so all in i'm looking forward to being able to have luxuries and not having to count pennies

its a nice feeling
>>
>>743317920
>Yes.
>>
>>743317920
Depends on what your life goal is. If it's minimal like I wanna fill my belly and play video games til I die then it is overrated. Anything else, work is necessity to achieve what you would like to achieve. I work 72 hours a week. Most weeks no day off.
>>
>>743321001
why would you do that to yourself?
>>
>>743317920
No, but she is.
>>
>>743321001
>
Cuz I wanna retire by 42 and go see a different country once in a year. I have no kids, not married. I have a great gf who shares my thoughts though.
>>
>>743321048
>>743321193
This^
>>
>>743318241

Live and die.

As we've done for many tens of thousands of years.
>>
>>743321001
I work like 40-60 which isnt bad. Still no time. theoretically I can retire by 61, but my contract will probably change by then. It already changed, but luckily I dont have a family so it doesnt matter much to me. I dont care if I work my whole life, I just want to game and have some time for it.
>>
>>743321709
People did a lot of niche shit though like pottery, weaving, etc. Everyone has a niche. You cant all be the village idiot.
>>
>>743321733
How old are you if you dont mind me asking?
>>
>>743317920
Mods! Have an underage faggot over here!
>>
>>743321930
26. Turn 27 in march. I havnt given up on a family, but I make pretty shit money for now. I should be making a killing eventually and the way my benefits work, ti doesn't matter what I make, I have a pension ahead of me.
>>
File: IMG_9530.jpg (96KB, 621x621px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9530.jpg
96KB, 621x621px
>>743322041
Newfag
>>
>>743322195
You're set then. You just need to be patient. But I must say...I've been gaming since 10-12 years old...I'm 37 now. I still play games, matter of fact I'm playing one now. But as you get older, it fades. You start seeking different joys. So, try to keep that in your mind when you think about yourself at the age of 45-50. If problem is not playing enough video games, you are not really missing out right now. Tech gets better and better. So, why not work when you're young and find financial comfort at the age of 40+ and enjoy all the new era of video games without the worry of money? Just my 2 cents.
>>
>>743322895
I have a lot of joy in various hobbies. I actually didnt start enjoying games til after highschool when I had less friends. I actually like retro shit. I'm playing mario golf on n64 right now while waiting for the boxing match.
I do music and art. I want to make my own game. I get enough time to play games, but not make one.
I do manual labor so I get a good work out everyday. My job doesn't let me do over 5 days a week or over 60 hours. And I can retire early. Its actually 59 I should be able to retire after 35 years at the same place or 54 after 30 years, but less pension.
>>
i work 25 hours/week
im retiring at 35-40
having families is overrated
>>
>>743323196
Seems like you have your head over your shoulders. You got this man. As far as I'm concerned, you have nothing to worry about. Young, smart...life is yours. One thing is for sure, you can't have it all. Gotta pick your battles.
>>
>>743321786

People did those things for themselves or their small, individual community.

They sure as fuck didn't clock in, clock out. Their time was mostly their own.
>>
>>743323470
only thing I dont like is my job keeps me in one place. I cannot move with out starting all over. Its hard to save money cause cost of living is so high, but like I said earlier I should be making a killing eventually. Where I work its all about waiting your turn.
>>
>>743320056
Partner=gay homo fag
>>
>>743317920
Also, if you guys are living in US, I highly recommend watching Michael Moore's documentary "Where to Invade Next" It is eye opening. Make you question the concept of "Work" in US.
>>
>>743323509
Just like you said, you wouldnt have been on the clock, but no one cared back then. Theyd still nag at you to get your work done 24/7 and there is no "i'm off the clock" excuse.
>>
>>743323867

The work would be DONE though. I think that's the part you're not getting.

Nobody weaved baskets until their eyes bled. You only made shit out of furs when you caught and killed something. For a lot of winter you did almost nothing due to shitty weather. Etc. Etc.
>>
>>743323751
partner is female and im a dude, sorry to burst your bubble man
>>
>>743324051
People still do no construction or concrete during the winter. We are luckier today that we have work that is available.
>>
>>743324123
Now that is a complete different argument. I doubt it there will be something called economy/money in the next 2-3 generations. Think about how fast AI is evolving.
>>
>>743324381
As soon as we reach quantum computing...It's gg.
>>
>>743320056
Class traitor
>>
>>743324381
If were bringing AI into the equation then who ever it was that suggested we tax companies that use it and automated workers so that we can provide a basic income or everyone who doesnt even work is right.
I dont think basic income is a good idea, sounds communist, but if we are going to have robots doing most of the work then its what should happen. In my experience, there is an automated robot in my work place and it cant keep up and it cost a shit load. I dont see how it saves money especially when it breaks down and takes a shit load of people to fix it.
>>
>>743321786
Not everyone can be the village idiot, but the village idiot could come from anywhere.
>>
>>743324123

Seasonal workers have other jobs to fill the economic void for their eventual lack of work during the off season. Or they make so much that they don't *need* to work in their off seasons. Or, they collect unemployment.

All of which has nothing to do with my original point; people had much more time simply living and dying as we had been doing for tens of thousands of years previous to the social/economic construct of the last few hundreds of years.
>>
>>743325006
People worked way harder years ago. It wasnt til like 70 years ago that workers werent being fucking killed at the work place.

>>743324917
and to be more specific. I work at UPS and our warehouse has an automatic sorting robot. It does letters and shit under 5 lbs. It cant keep up. It wasnt being used because it isnt practical, but since it cost 26 million dollars to put in to play our higher ups say you must use it year round all the time as much as you can.
>>
Yes, what we should do is terraform the african continent into a massive autonomous manufacturing production center which produces goods(food, fabrics, plastics, microconductors etc) from scratch that are then distributed to all other people free of charge.
>>
>>743325399
Honestly that sounds like a super cool idea that I havnt thought of. I am going to think about it myself now.
Its HUUGE. You can do so much production there and farm so many resources. Sacrifice one shitty place to build up the rest of the world. Never forget africa as it was, but let it take one for the team.
>>
>>743324917
Capitalism is about who can convince who to pay for what,not about what 'saves money'. That being said, I agree that automation is heating up. eventually we need to have the humans not doing the production they do now, but still benefiting from the production. That raises the question of population. Assuming we are still stuck on earth with limited earth based resources we can't expand our population infinitely. People "just are" going to continue breeding as much as they can, so eventually there is going to be not enough to go around, unless we can keep the means of production expanding offworld faster than the population can increase. I'd like that, but I'm not hopeful. So we'll run into the problem that some people can and can not afford to support themselves & have childeren, and we need some way to differentiate & well, I guess that's where we've always been and where we'll always be, isn't it?
>>
>>743324823
i was born into shit and it took me 33 years to get out of it, i've done my time
>>
>>743325832
Well we should be making huge strides in space exploration too. A big thing needs to happen for us to preserve our life even in space.
I want space colonies.
>>
>>743325575
Can we do the desert? I think the forest there is doing a bunch of keeping the atmosphere breathable related things... could be wrong.
>>
>>743326113
If it were to really happen, you can lose all the factories else where. I believe africa is big enough. I also think that as we develop this kind of factory continent, that we can still preserve what is unique to earth.
Africa has a shit load of resources.

Even if its not practical. Its a cool idea to think on.
>>
>>743325934
I'm sorry. I was legitimately pretending to be retarded. I live with my parents who have done their time to raise a middle class family & I feel pretty guilty about not doing better for myself in order to give them better legacy, but at the same time none of the other things in life hold a candle to shitposting on the internet, so I want to dedicate my life to trying to improve the state of transhumanism & shitposting. Your a good guy anon.
>>
>>743326064
We all want space colonies, but they're really really difficult.
>>
>>743325183

Have you had a 40+ hour a week physical labor job before?

I can tell you being a nomadic hunter/gatherer was nothing like today's physical/mental grind, with all the negative outcomes those provide.

Sure, you can live a few more mind numbing decades longer than you normally might have, but that shortened life span was certainly more fulfilling. And again, your time was your own, no matter what you did with it.

Maybe check out todays workplace deaths and serious incidences too, because you're delusional if you think nobody dies during work because 'modern society'.
>>
>>743326442
I think china already volunteered itself for that position though, didn't it?
>>
>>743326738
I was a slacker neet growing up, and i've never managed to make it past 40 hours a week without going insane and quitting. It doesn't help that my parents are cool and wealthy so I can live with them into my adulthood, but on the other hand, if I didn't have that I guess I'd be homeless or dead or something... idk.

OP you are a fagot
>>
>>743326515
anon there's no need to apologise, fuck your legacy and just find a way to have a happy life

if it's shitposting on the internet, become the best shitposter on the internet
>>
>>743326515
not that anon, but I can relate to being lazy/stupid compared to my ancestors. I never wanted to join my families business though and feel sort of good finding my own way. My great aunt still fucking works there at 93.

>>743326738
I currently work over 40 hours a week and its going to tax my body from wear and tear, but I should be healthier for it and risks are very low. We are taught safety every single day and know better than to risk ourselves for a faster or more efficient job done.
And I do see what you are saying. I imagine romeo and juliet who died at like 14. They had 1 little story, but it was a great one. If I recognized my youth I might have done something great like I dreamed of, but I let time go by. I like it though because I see so much every new month.

>>743326779
Guess youre right, but africa is bigger and has even more resources and I'd imagine a global cooperation there instead of 1 country getting all the benefits.
>>
>>743327174
I can do it only cause I get 2 days off. I would go nuts if it were 6 days a week. Even full time drives me nuts sometimes, but I gotta keep earning more vacation. I have 2 weeks only next year.
>>
>>743327330
Thank you, you glorious fucking faggot.
>>
>>743327341
Your job culture actually emphasizes safety over speed? Nice!

also, yeah, my dad is a navy man. Good one too, from what I can tell, but I fucking hate the military industrial complex. So... yeah. I tried being a baker, and that was fucking terrible, so now I just do fast food and live at home. I've been learning code and I'd like to help with the effort to create an ai that saves us instead of killing us all, but that's probably a pipe dream cause I suck at math and spend my time shitposting on the webz rather than studying.
>>
>>743318501
ooo we got a nice guy
>>
>>743317920
Is tomato a fruit
>>
>>743327390
Probably also depends on what you do and what you have a propensity for doing. I don't know if there's anything I can do for 40+ hours a week without going into a really bad mindstate. If there's anything I'd like to know, or maybe I just need to lower my standards for mindstates... somehow.
>>
>>743327803
I work at UPS and we are crunching numbers all the time, but it doesn't matter next to not getting in accidents or injuries.

I tried art. My parents were computer programmers. In the end I am just a laborer.

>>743328123
True. I sometimes have a decent day even if its long cause I remember when I was a kid I was at school from 6 AM to 8 PM everyday, and same with summer camp cause my parents worked a lot.
>>
>>743327928
Is the derivative of a constant zero
>>
yes, it's a scam
>>
>>743328326
too bad there is no other choice right?
>>
>>743318776
$45k a year is pretty insane. I have a 4 year degree and I never landed a job over about $18k a year.

I never would have made it if I didn't start my own business.
>>
>>743321193
LOL good luck when she makes you pay alimony because of common law marraige (even without being married officially).

I think you are in for a rude awakening in 10 years or so.
>>
>>743321709
Well said.
>>
>>743328550
solar/wind power, farming and mutual aid, acquiring shelter without going into debt
>>
>>743328568
I make about $20 a year, but in 5 years should go up to $60k with 6 weeks of paid vacation.
>>
>>743324123
> We are luckier today that we have work that is available.

Wow you whipped pretty good by the system aren't you? Lucky to have more slave labor? Really?

Try starting a business and live off the income without working. Your outlook on life changes quickly.
>>
>>743317920
Yes, but having money is not.
>>
>>743328876
LOL they told me that too buddy.

Start a business now and in 6 years you can promote yourself instead of getting the boot when you expect your next promotion. After working your ass off while others slack.

Happened to me over and over and over. Always waiting for that magic promotion.

Do you have any interests you can start a business with now?
>>
>>743328849
>implying this is easier in any way than slaving away at a traditional job.
>>743328905
How do you start a business when you spend all your time working for rent and food anon? Starting a business is harder than just getting work last time I checked, and getting work is not the easiest thing in the world.
>>
Trick is to find something you enjoy doing.
>>
>>743328849
What? like the country gives this to you or you become self sufficient and off the grid? I would love to be off the grid and self sufficient, except I use excess amounts of water and electricity.

>>743328905
Most people I met who own a business work their ass off more than their employees. Except of course huge ass companies that jew the fuck out of them like the one I work for.

>>743329087
You can choose to believe me or not, but its true. I'm in a union and have a contract. My pay can get to top rate in 4 years, there is no question about it. I already made it to the position I am at this year, just have to stay to get pay increases.

And yes I can start a business if I had the money to buy something. I worked for a flower shop before which only had about 12 employees. I also have 2 friends who owned a ice cream shop and a water ice shop.
>>
>>743329087
Also my family owns 2 joint businesses in concrete and I never wanted to work for them. The owners works their ass off and its run by few employees.
>>
>>743329201
Yeah I know that shit is hard.

Start on the weekends. DON'T waste your time working at your current job on the weekends. Go door to door and cut grass or drop off business cards or something. Make it productive.

>>743329269
>Most people I met who own a business work their ass off more than their employees. Except of course huge ass companies that jew the fuck out of them like the one I work for.

Yes it is very hard in the beginning, but when you get your first employee you can sit back as long as you compensate fairly.

>You can choose to believe me or not, but its true. I'm in a union and have a contract. My pay can get to top rate in 4 years, there is no question about it. I already made it to the position I am at this year, just have to stay to get pay increases.

Unions are different so lucky you.

>>743329374
He does it by choice. Good man to lead by example but he really could sit at home all day if he wanted to.
>>
>>743321048
Cuz some jobs are better than most video games. Not all jobs involve checking into a cubicle. #artist4lyf
>>
>>743329468
The owner is the one that gets the business and finds the work that needs doing. On top of that he shows up earlier and leaves later and even does the work himself when needed. Its the same for all small company owners I have met.
They make more, but they do more.
>>
>>743329210
Exactly. Why so many acting like work sucks just because they are too stupid or too lazy to find meaningful work?
>>
>>743329864
because the job you want is not coming your way anytime soon.
>>
>>743329930
Because you're looking for a job rather than making one. Get a skill you fucking whiner.
>>
>>743329475
Ehh, I admire anyone who has the skill to become a paid artist, but doesn't feel bad for not doing something more productive with their skill.
>>743329468
Cut grass? Really?... I'd have to find a mower, or tell people I'mma use their mower to mow their own lawns, plus I'd be like, why the fuck are you growing a lawn instead of food? Plus how do you grow a lawn mowing business into a serious business? I feel like this was not a suggestion with any serious amount of thought behind it.
I'm trying to become a code monkey, and I do x rated art faggotry on the side of that, but feel I should probably give one of those up and focus on the other with all of my free time.
>>
>>743330135
Like what? I went to college for classical guitar performance while working and I never stopped working because there were no jobs for what I loved.
>>
>>743329864
>Need to work to survive
>Waiting for good job
>Working shit job, still waiting for meaningful work
>Stuck working shit job until dream job rolls around

Yeah man, it's just heaps easier to not be employed until the one job you want comes around. Move out of home idiot.
>>
>>743330135
Yeah, ok, I'll just strap on my skill helmet and climb into the skill cannon to shoot myself off into skill land where skills grow on trees.
>>
>>743329864
>Typical Job Board on Indeed:
>Wendy's
>Wendy's
>HIRING NURSES 250k a year in middle of fucking antartica NOWWW!!!
>Car Wash
>Wendy's competitor
>Wendy's
>Wendy's
>$12/hr backbreaking 100lb box lifting FORKLIFT 10+ YEARS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED

>257 people have applied to this job
>>
>>743330329
>went to college for classical guitar
Did your parents not love you or something?
>>
>>743330255
Nah all you need is a weed whacker and garbage bags. I've done it.
>>
>>743330255
It's not about "having the skill". I "created the skill". There's a huge difference. Anyone can spend thousands of hours doing something that feels kinda shitty before it feels kinda good and can actually earn some money.

Most people would rather complain though.

And yes, you communist bitch, mowing a lawn is a real business. Buy a 100 dollar lawn mower you lazy fuck. Go mow lawns wtihout judging. You really think you know better than the millions of people who choose to have shitty lawns? Enough better to preach at them and not mow their lawns? Anyway, yeah my friend in my president's club (local business owners alcohol thing) started mowing lawns, now pays people to mow lawns, makes more than some doctors. Not a bad living if you have social skills.
>>
>>743330473
applying online is dumb. Just go in person even if a place isnt hiring.

>>743330512
I was already working so I didnt care about money afterwards and I was doing what I loved. I dont regret it at all, but my dream job is never coming along even though I developed what was necessary.
>>
>>743330678
>applying online is dumb. Just go in person even if a place isnt hiring.

Wasted lots of gas doing that. Seriously dumbass advice. This isn't the 1980s ffs.
>>
File: poor.png (159KB, 896x705px) Image search: [Google]
poor.png
159KB, 896x705px
>>743329475
What's your patreon link?
>>
>>743330473
Hey fellow wendy's anon! I love how unlike mcdonalds who has computerised equipment we have appliances from the 80's that beep constantly.
>>
>>743330473
>>743330425
>>743330423
>>743330329

You all make me sick.

For real.

I'm on the verge of vomiting. The excuses.

You all are excuse machines.

GET A SKILL. THERE ARE LOTS OF SKILLS SOCIETY WILL PAY YOU TO HAVE. IF YOU ARE IQ >95 YOU CAN GET A SKILL AND MAKE 60k+/YR. STOP MAKING EXCUSES.

Get a CPA. Get a nursing degree and make 90k+ a year working locum tenems. GO TO MEDICAL SCHOOL. Get a 2 year degree in X-rays and work for a mobile MRI company, make 60k+/yr. Become a CPA and make 30$/hr. YOU FUCKING WHINY BITCHES.

You all make me sick. Get a skill you fucks. "wahh i don't want to do anything that society wants to pay me for... give me money, i don't want to live with mommy." fucking pathetic.
>>
>>743330678
>go in person
>"apply online"
are you a fucking retard
>>
File: reagan_hippy.jpg (74KB, 407x546px) Image search: [Google]
reagan_hippy.jpg
74KB, 407x546px
>>743317920
Learn to scam people. Not talking the big scams. Just trick people to give money to you. It's easier than it seems.

Just go up to any business and ask if there are any "positions open". If they are a small business they might hand you paperwork. Make sure to dress nice for this part, Otherwise they will think you're a hobo and won't pay attention.

If they're a big business, then they might ask you to send your "resume" (look it up) or fill out an online application.

Once you've done all this, you should be able to scam businesses out of money, no problem. I've gotten away with it so far, and you should be able to as well.
>>
>>743330521
That sounds retarded, I'd rather work my shit fast food position than build a little grass cutting empire. Why would I want that?
>>
>>743330765
Maybe you need a different approach to what you were trying. What ever you did, you probably just didnt sell yourself.

>>743330834
technically what I do is a skill.

>>743330883
wow you read 2 words out of a 4 word sentence.
>>
>>743330963
>applying online is dumb. Just go in person even if a place isnt hiring.
they tell you to apply online
every single place
some just straight up tell you to fuck off
>>
>>743330834
Fucknig pretentious stupid NEET advice. Do you even live in the real world?

I did that shit ad all I got was debt nigger.

Starting a business is the only way to go these days.

>>743330954
So you can make money without working.

>>743330963
Wore a suit and nobody is hiring anything over $12 per hour.
>>
>>743330255
>doesn't feel bad for not doing something more productive with their skill.
What are you saying here?
>>
>>743330834
So what's your trade? I have a trade. That doesn't mean everyone has the opportunities or capability to do so.
Also, "Go to medical school". Yeah just roll up. Not everyone has had a complete education and the ability to get into fucking medical school you idiot
>>
>>743330963
If you have a skill that society values, you will be reimbursed. If you think you know better than ALL OF SOCIETY, you will be punished until you can actually prove you know better. These are the multi-millionaires and billionaires. But most people who think they know better than society are just stupid fucks or lazy fucks or a combination. Most of them just need to shut the fuck up and get a skill that society values or actually try to pursue that thing they think society should value, then either get society's approval or rejection and keep steering from there.

But yeah, a useful skill, you get paid.
>>
>>743331085
Then fuck those places. Try the place next door. Even if you don't want to work there, just walk in to every single store and ask.

>>743331091
Is tarted with 2 part time jobs, 8 and 10 an hour, and where I'm at now its 17 an hour full time at one place. I can make 27 an hour in 4 years.
>>
>>743330834

>somehow manage to develop meaningful skill that will pay enough to not be broke your whole life
>still a mind numb slave wagecuck

Yes, your rage and disgust towards them is totally justified.
>>
>>743330602
>if you have social skills
My irrational hatred in all directions extends beyond my meager social skills, but I will consider my propensity for doing odd jobs. Thank you.
>>
>>743331091
Agreed about starting a business being the best way. Honestly. Not going to argue with you there. But yes, I live in the real work. I work in medicine. Good money. Not own my own business money though. If it was 20 years ago, I would be.

Most people are just whiny. But yes, we seem to agree regarding passive income being ideal, but you should have to earn it. It's not worth anything if you don't have to earn it. A grass cutting bussiness is adding value to society. Most people are too stupid or too lazy to make that work. Thankfully some can, and those that can should be rewarded. The rest should whine on 4chan and eat mcdonalds and get fat and fuck fat bitches or no one at all.
>>
>>743331365
C'mon. If you're working towards not being a wagecuck and getting closer every year, you can say fuck wagecucks but mostly fuck lazyfucks and whinycucks. Just like fat guys who lost weight can righteously be disgusted by fat disgtusing lazy fucks more so than anyone who was raised healthy should ever have the right to do.
>>
>>743331085
I walked into a place (garden center, plants, plant food, etc) and asked one person if they were hiring. They said no. I walked over to their office and knocked on the door and talked to the person in there. Showed my enthusiasm and some knowledge and I was hired. That was a Friday and in was working on Monday, three ddays later.
>>
>>743331348
You are the rare exception buddy.

>>743331521
Once again, that kind of job is the exception. The norm is $10 an hour lifting heavy boxes in a 100 degree warehouse.

>A grass cutting bussiness is adding value to society.

Very stupid outlook. Money =/= Value

Parasitic banking companies that steal elderly people's retirement funds add nothing to society and yet they make a lot more than the grass company down the street.

Your view on the world is childlike and skewed.
>>
>>743330834
Ayy, why don't you take that pretension and shove it up your ass mate?
>>
>>743318241
Productivity and work are not intrinsically linked
>>
>>743331687
so you have to be an annoying faggot to get a job?
>>
>>743331793
Yes that has been my experience to be honest. They want good little enthusiastic Spongebob worker drones who don't question meager pay and long hours.

Start a business.
>>
>>743331718
Childlike and skewed. Thanks for pointing out how. That's like me saying your stupid and a cunt. It's pointless. Use your words you todderbitch.

Money doesn't equal value. I didn't say that. I said a grass cutting business adds value to society. Is that not true? I pay a company to mow my 65 year old mom's lawn. I'm THANKFUL that company exists. I hope the owner of that company is making money, because I'm grateful for his existence. Do you understand?
>>
>>743331091
>So you can make money without working.
Sounds to me more like a way to not make money while working harder than before, but I've never tried it, so I guess I don't actually know. Fuck it!
>>
>>743331900
IM READY
IM READY
IM READY
"ur hired"
>>
>>743325183
The poor and working class have lower life expectancies. The average ia driven up by long living wealthy folks. Poor people do not make 70
>>
>>743332022
It is childlike when you say stupid shit like that.

A roofer working in 90 degree heat shingling a roof provides more value than a Wall Street trust fund parasite, yet their incomes are miles apart.

Nobody is THANKFUL that the mob or drug cartels exists, and yet they make more money than most.

Do you see why your statement was that of a dumbass? Just saying.

>>743332264
Yep pretty much.

>>743332088
Well you make money when you get employees to work for you.
>>
>>743331104
I dunno, I've tried making money with art. Shit is hard, I imagine anyone who can actually make a living off that is *seriously* talented. Maybe that talent is of the kind where it's art or nothing, but probably it's marketing, pr, and skill acquisition, in which case they could probably be making mega bux to donate, or working in advocacy for a non profit or something. idfk.
>>
>>743332367
You draw furry porn? I throw $6 a month to furry artists on Patreon. Not much but something. When I make more I'll drop more cash on that because I like supporting artists.
>>
>>743331238
>pursue that thing they think society should value
I've been doing this and it hurts.
>>
>>743318189
yes, to the point where people would do whatever for a useless paper aka degree.
Oversaturating shit.
>>
>>743332355
My statement was that the grass cutting company owner adds value to society. Fucking christ, you didn't even make a point. You just said my statement was that of a dumbass. Painful. You aren't thinking. Drug cartels kill people. Wall stree trust fund parasites rob people. GRASS MOWING COMPANY OWNERS HELP PEOPLE. Why am I a dumbass again? Why are you not a fucking retard exaggerating whiny communist parasite fuck that should kill himself again? #justsaying.
>>
>>743332510
It's not about value. Ignore that autist. It's about what do the rich people throw their money at?

You will get nowhere catering to the poor. Think about luxury dog services, personal assistant, personal chef, decor advisor, etc.

The tips you get alone will outpace the actual wages of most people. Ignore poor markets. The average is extremely skewed by the few rich WHALES out there, not the sardines.

That is my advice.
>>
>>743332748
Because cartels don't add value to society and make way more than a billion grass cutters ever will. It's a stupid and childlike assumption.
>>
>>743332291
people who lived thousands of years were fucking ancient by the time they reached 40
julius caesar was old as fuck even though he died so young by todays standards
>>
>>743331658
Yeah, except having your business work is more like winning the lottery than applying the algorithm "don't eat too much" and anyway, fat fucks brains have "eat too much" coded in there somewhere, and I don't imagine it's easy to rewrite your brain software.
>>
>>743317920

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lebevGVIbSw
>>
>>743332785
That's another useful strategy. Call me an autist but I'm not broke.

I'm not telling these whiny faggots to go be mcdonald's managers. I'm just saying safe bets. And if they have any balls, yes, yours is better advice. Chase where the money already is.

But these whiny bitches have no balls. Pay attention.
>>
File: Hipster.jpg (114KB, 885x1095px) Image search: [Google]
Hipster.jpg
114KB, 885x1095px
>>743332935
>Never Work Ever

Jesus Christ. That's actually the fucking title of the album.
>>
>>743332869
no one said make money = add value to society you fucking retard. Pay attention.

I said, add value to society = make money.

But make money doesn't necessarily = add value to society. Take a logic class or statistics or anything.

Just add actual value to society, you will make money. But yes, there are ways to make money while actively stealing from society. We agree on that. You're just too fucking stupid and caught up in being "right" in your pathetic leftist victimhood mentality to realize that we don't actually disagree about that shit.
>>
>>743332022
>I hope the owner of that company is making money, because I'm grateful for his existence.
It took me way too long to realize this is why capitalism is great. I still think all the things I saw in my youth that were terrible about capitalism are terrible, but there you go.
>>
File: hipster-record-player.jpg (130KB, 540x719px) Image search: [Google]
hipster-record-player.jpg
130KB, 540x719px
>>743332935
It's like that scene from South Park, when Cartman had to go to San Fransisco
>>
>>743332923
No it's not like winning the lottery. The problem with running a successful business is that it's hard to do if you don't have a good job already. Any moron can turn money into more money. But very few can turn nothing (plus the obligation to work on top of no money) into actual livable money.

If you already work 40 hours a week or more to make $18k a year like a lot of people, then it's akin to trying to swim up a waterfall. There's just not enough stamina to keep working to build something, and if you take hours out of your life-leeching job, you might lose it and then you're fucked.

I can only recommend working on the weekend until something finally takes off for most of you, then only take hours from your job when you:

A) Are refusing customers because you don't have time for the with your current job

B) Don't care about the risk of losing your job

C) Can take advantage of a medical excuse to be off your job for 3 weeks or more, after which period you do not intend to return due to customer flow.

I also HIGHLY recommend Yelp ads. They really helped our business a lot.
>>
>>743333206
>I said, add value to society = make money.

autism

The jobs that make the most money TAKE value from society.
>>
>>743332457
Yeah, patreon is pretty cool imo. I'm mostly targeting my fetish, which is giantess stuff. It's kinda helping me get over having the fucked up fetish in the first place, I think. So that's nice.
>>
>>743318776
what job is this
>>
>>743333679
your fetish is my phobia.Once I took a medication an d went temporally psychotic and was convinced for like 2 weeks that every thing was growing at the same rate.
>>
>>743332785
That's interesting advice, how do you find whales?
>>
>>743333470
How the fuck are you defining the word "value"? That's like bodyweight exercise enthusiasts using the word "functional strength", ambiguous weasel talk.
>>
>>743333679
I don't think that's really that fucked up compared to most stuff out there. I'm personally into feral/beast.

>>743333834
It depends on the industry. You might want to start small. For example, cutting grass is good. But also electronics (careful with those as they lose value FAST so you must sell fast). You can also try personal assistant or chef, since that's mainly for rich people.

>>743334063
As demand. There is no demand for the highest paying jobs out there trust me. Most of it is theft.
>>
>>743333206
p(makes money | adds value to society) = high
p(adds value to society | makes money) = low
>>
>>743333470
Well, at least you admit you have autism. Fucking took you long enough.

I understand shit is confusing given your status and that's fine. But the reality is I'm thankful for the people that run care organizations that are willing to care for people like you. They should have nice things and be rewarded for what they do. Sadly capitalism will also reward some people who take advantage of people like you :(. But, with the good comes the bad. And we will do our best to protect people like you. Sadly this means fighting our current government sometimes, but we can do it through innovation and rewarding those who do good by society... and trying to make sure those who fuck us are punished. Doesn't mean dissolving capitalism you whiny fuck, lol.
>>
>>743333400
Your metaphor is better!
>Yelp ads
Thanks anon
>>
>>743333400
You think these lazy fucks will work on the weekend?

Lol.

Naw. Mcdonalds job, then whine about minimum wage on 4chan on the weekend.
>>
File: 53a.jpg (55KB, 680x425px) Image search: [Google]
53a.jpg
55KB, 680x425px
>asking a bunch of NEETS if working is over rated.
Nah but seriously. I don't think so but OVER working is shitty. Damn stress man, it's killer, literally.
>>
>>743334721
Lazy? Are you fucking retarded? Money has NOTHING to do with how much you work stupid. It mostly has to do with where you are born.
>>
>>743334912
Yup. Keep making excuses. The fat person who got skinny is lucky, it's mostly genetics. The poor person who got rich got lucky, it's mostly where they were born. Whatever you gotta tell yourself to feel okay with yourself. I feel you. Life's shit bro.
Thread posts: 152
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.