[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thanks Baby Boomers

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 284
Thread images: 28

File: boomers.jpg (78KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
boomers.jpg
78KB, 500x500px
Thanks Baby Boomers
>>
you mean Baby Doomers
>>
>>742892729
Those wankers are 2nd class to me, i personally am just awaiting so that AI comes and fucks us all
>>
>>742892729

Yeah it kills me when these fucks talk about minimum wage and salaries and shit.

I work for the biggest snack food company in the world, I'm responsible for selling and maintaining the stock for this company in two grocery stores that average 2.5 million dollars in sales a week, every week like clockwork.

Personally sell in, packout, display on average 25,000 to 35,000+ dollars in product every single week like clock work. If somethings fucked up, I'm responsible for everything. I pack out on average between 750-1500 cases in a week, can't go over 40, not allowed overtime.

I make 15 and a half dollars an hour. If I hit sales numbers I get basically an extra paycheck every 3 months.

I make just under 40,000 for a professional level sales job that would have paid realistically 100+k a year in 1985, and it crushes my soul every day I go to work knowing this.

I like my job, I like my work, but I'm making a third of what I should be.

Fucking boomers.
>>
>>742894194
What you describe is why most households with kids have both parents working. Dad can't support a family on his income alone anymore.
>>
Whine on, faggots.
>>
>>742894410
Hurry up and die already, old leech.
>>
>>742894445
As he types on an imageboard when he should be working and/or looking for additional work.

Pssst...funny memes don't pay mortgages.
>>
>>742894313

My wife has a pretty good job, between the two of us we make almost 100k, but we can't afford children.

We just bought a house and we are barely head above water, but we've essentially decided we don't want children, mostly because the financials of it are impossible.

We're both early 30s, we have a house, not a ton of debt, and we're doing ok, but unlike some shitfuck boomer who only cares about themselves I understand how much better off we are than our peers.

The fact we each only work one job to be where we are is a luxury. I bust my ass and come home beat every night but at least I get to sleep.
>>
>>742894194
Sounds to me like you drive a truck and stock shelves. Nice try though.
>>
File: 08-King-of-Hill-Hank_l.jpg (22KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
08-King-of-Hill-Hank_l.jpg
22KB, 400x300px
>>742894445
Hey now, I'm sure he earned HIS benefits
>>
>>742894410
Seriously, man the fuck up pussies. I agree with this guy. Also, guess what baby boomers didnt have: safe spaces, out of the closest faggots, and definitely no trannies. Blacks knew their place and women still knew how to cook. Stop being such annoying pussy ass faggots.
>>
File: Wolf.jpg (366KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Wolf.jpg
366KB, 1024x768px
>>742894648
>Trannies ruined the economy
>mfw
>>
>>742894582
>earning 40k driving trucks
good one anon
>>
>>742894582

I literally told you the scope of what I do, right down to the financials of it.

If I was paid one case of the product I sell in, and display, per hour I would make 3.5 times what I make now.

Which is basically what I should be making. I guess companies forgot you should be able to buy the products your employees produce.

Boomer garbage in this thread that never worked a day in their life.
>>
>>742894648

I am unclear as to what your point is with the safe spaces, faggots, trannies, blacks, and women comments.

If you're on the side of that you wish it were still that way, that those people "knew their place"... well then you're whining just like the people you're making fun of.

If you think it's good that we've moved passed that... I'm not sure who you're calling pussy ass faggots.

Either way... you're retarded.
>>
>>742894648

All of those things you described happened on Boomer's watch, what the fuck are you talking about.
>>
>>742892729
I hope they are the first to go when the liberal tolerance camps come.
So i can watch and laugh.
>>
File: WV Income Growth.png (14KB, 619x354px) Image search: [Google]
WV Income Growth.png
14KB, 619x354px
This is for WV (Trump-World) but the trend is the same nationally
>>
>>742895022

Well they'll be old, and they're unfit for physical labor, especially since they never fucking did anything, so right after the undesirables they'll be first up.
>>
File: 1503170014276.gif (498KB, 255x235px) Image search: [Google]
1503170014276.gif
498KB, 255x235px
Lol, the problem with this generation is it's debate skills are the blame game. And this OP is the pinnacle of what I mean. Thanks for being my go to example bitch, stay reaching for the stars.
>>
File: 7-16-12IncomeGrowth.jpg (59KB, 450x342px) Image search: [Google]
7-16-12IncomeGrowth.jpg
59KB, 450x342px
Why you can't afford nice things anymore
>>
File: well well.png (157KB, 1125x844px) Image search: [Google]
well well.png
157KB, 1125x844px
>>742892729
we're number wut?
>>
File: IMG_6414.gif (225KB, 219x257px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6414.gif
225KB, 219x257px
>>742894797
We're so focused on being equal and safe everyone has to be paid the same. All these illegal immigrants come into our country and take jobs away from america. So now we have all these people that are poor as fuck we have to adjust prices. We, as a society changed into this equal environment that now basically fucked it for everyone. All those pc courses your businesses spend for meetings and bullshit could be given to you. All those lawsuits and seminars is money spent cause of homos and "pc" culture. Women are bitching about being paid the same so we gotta bring these cunts in.. and now we have to build a third bathroom for dudes that dont like their dicks? You see we are spending a ton of money on bullshit. And your boss will never like u cause you cant openly joke about getting head or banging a chick on a sales call. You cant bully little bitches out of ur company without being sued.

This softy ass society fucked our economy in more ways then one. Now the company outsources most jobs to countries where they dont have to worry about bullshit like this.
>>
>>742894535
>Additional work

I know you're larping, but fuck that mentality. Having to work is already a defiance of human nature. I refuse to give the whole of my time just to survive. I am no machine.
>>
>>742894762
>
You don't seem to understand that waning demand for your skill set. It doesn't require and ivy-league education to sell junk food. This is pretty base stuff. If you were to quit, they'd replace you for the same or less money. This is the reality of the situation in a free-market economy. You are of course free to take counter measures. You could seek alternative employment with better pay and opportunities for advancement. You could seek out a position that might assist in some post-graduate education assistance. Lots of options provided that you don't paint yourself into a corner by accumulating debt or having children. The next move is yours.
>>
>>742895163

There is no debate, the only debate is how an entire generation was born with zero moral compass or national pride and collectively sold out the greatest nation in the world for crack, heroin, and sex with disease ridden hookers.
>>
>>742894762

Yeah, you're a route salesman. You don't do anything other than display product that the chain literally needs to make its sales.

Wait a couple of years til you are making a couple of dollars more and the company suddenly lays your ass off. Then where are you going to go work at the same amount? No, you'll be a homeless fuck, muh unemployment muh welfare, muh millenial status.

Quit blaming the generation before you for your misfortune, you ungrateful fucks. In 20 years the gen "X" ers will be taking it out on your fucked up life.
>>
>>742895299
Perfectly fine. Just don't bitch about not having any money with which to acquire goods and services.
>>
>>742892729
>Drives up the federal defecit
This is mostly due to welfarers, if you pay more tax then you get back you are not the problem

Rest is accurate
>>
>>742895259

If you're the same person that I was responding too...

yep, you're just as whiny a cunt as the people you were calling "pussy ass faggots".

Get a life you fucking loser.
>>
>>742894194
Do you sell hot cheetos faggot
>>
>>742895421
>if you pay more tax then you get back you are not the problem

Just plain wrong.
>>
>>742895259
>Women are bitching about being paid the same

Yep, worked a job where as soon as we hired a trainee woman, she wanted to know why she didn't get paid the same amount as the dude that was there for 30 years, "because she did the same work"
>>
>>742895421
Fun fact, you can't buy anything without paying taxes. Everyone pays more taxes then they are able to take out in a lifetime, some just pay higher amounts.
>>
>>742894194
>responsible

Kek
>>
>>742894194
you asshole little shits wanna blame us for all this shit ??
how about all this shit in collages being safe spaces ? what kind of bullshit is this ??
how about all this gender studies crap and guys turning themselves into bitches ?
abd the god damn queers being celebrated as being special because they suck a cock and everyone telling kids this shit is normal ..
how about women wanted equality but that is just a word they are using for emasculating men, then complaining there are no good men anymore,
how about we gave the blacks every god damned thing and even the presidency and they still failed ..except for an exceptional few

how is this any fault of us ?
>>
>>742895308

There is no waning demand in the market I'm in, in fact it was one of the few markets that survived the recession untouched and has continual growth percentage year after year.

As far as "easily" replaceable, that's not the case. The industry has an incredible turn over rate because its actually one of the most difficult industries to work in. Another company I worked for had a turn over rate of 87%.

Workers here are invaluable, it has the physical demands of a high paced physical labor job, and requires the intelligence for sales, analytics, planning.

I'm not worried about being fired barring punching someone in the face, put it that way.

Wages being 1/3rd of what they should be are not a problem unique to my sector of the economy, it is universal. Its better doing what I do than for some, actually.

But sure, keep talking out of your ass and boot lick your masters.

Also >Post-Grad Education

Because college isn't a house of cards thats due to fall over any minute. If you'd have said something like Commercial Drone Pilot or Medical (to wipe the asses of all the dying boomers) you might have had some kind of point.
>>
>>742894194
>professional level

double kek, doen't understand that he had nothing to do with getting the contract
>>
>>742895840
>"easily" replaceable

Its all a matter of dollars. Remember when Hostess closed their doors because of high labor costs? Nothing is impossible, nothing is too big to fail. How many old people do you see working at what you are doing? Not many, and you won't be one of them either.
>>
>>742892729
In the US more bachelors degree than ever before. It's good but college is more expensive because of it.
>>
>>742896181

You're better off going to trade school and learning to weld than getting a bachelors degree at this point.
>>
>>742895840
Someone skipped Econ 101. If there was such demand, pricing for these position would not have cratered by 66% on the past 30 years (using YOUR figures). That's not how supply and demand works. If your skill set was so valuable, you would be paid more. You see how that works? Prices don't decrease if demand/availability decreases. Company don;t pay "invaluable" employees 66% than they did 30 years ago.
>>
>>742894762
So work for a different company.. Wtf
>>
>>742895601
Exactly what im saying. Its all part of why the jobs dont pay the same.
>>
>>742895259
>All these illegal immigrants come into our country and take jobs away from america.
Uhu, so a worker that has no education, does shit jobs because high profiles get him caught are taking your job?

Maybe your job is just shit and you are easily replaced?
>>
>>742895249
Norway seems to be doing well. I wonder if my relatives didn't move to the US from Norway
>>
>>742896253
Or automotive technician, plumber, autobody technician, etc (seriously)
Decent honest work, decent pay, littleor no college debt
>>
>>742895840
Let me get this straight, you have a post-grad education and stock convenient store shelves with junk food? Did you get your post grad degree on the interweb? If you want more in life, go out and make it on your own. You don't have the balls for that though, so go on an blame they guy that enables you to eat, Bitch!
>>
>>742895163
I haven't seen you post anything brilliant. You have no argument. Doomers are the most narcissistic, selfish, destructive generation this country has ever seen and we'll be better off when they are all dead.
>>
>>742895387
While I'll agree that people should live within their means, the scope of their 'means' has shrunk. Inflation has devoured the dollar and is sopping up the plate with interest rates. People can't afford to go to school, or buy a house and move out, or in a lot of cases even afford a car payment. It becomes a case of "What am I going to neglect to survive?" I make about $1200 a month, and between loan payments, car payment, the rent I pay, an my bills, I have approximately $100 at the end of it all that, while I would love to spend on things I want, has to either go to catchup, or into an emergency fund for the inevitable shit hitting the fan moment. You can scrape by like this, but you'll never get ahead, and I don't like the idea of living here till the place collapses around my ears.

You say 'Get additional work,' but there is no additional work to be had. I live in a small semi-rural city, and everything around here is blue collar as fuck. I have nothing against blue collar, but I don't know a hammer from a hacksaw; I went to college for IT (can't get a job because I can't code my way out of a wet paper sack), and I sure as hell can't afford to gi back when I'm still $60k in the hole and interest rates are going to keep me there till I die. My job is third shift as well, so I don't have time to job hunt or moonlight since I'm on call for the job I have now.

tl;dr: It isn't as easy as 'Just get another job.'
>>
>>742896415
Wish I'd known that pre-college.
>>
>>742895840
>But sure, keep talking out of your ass and boot lick your masters

From a guy who stocks store shelves with Ring Dings! LOLOLOL...You can't even make this up.
>>
>>742894762

>Which is basically what I should be making

See, this is where I have a real problem. There are lots of people under 40 that have the mentality of "what I should be making if evil corporations didn't keep me down".

News flash. Companies have ALWAYS paid workers as little as possible to produce a unit of goods/services. Even in the 1950s. In a capitalist society the labor market is (mostly) a free market. You chose to be a route salesman for a junk food company. You knew when you took the job what it paid. You took it anyway.

You don't get to bitch about the results of choices you willingly made. Especially when the outcome was entirely foreseeable.
>>
>>742896364
Well thats exactly what im saying... these "shit jobs" were for americans, and you couldnt fuck with their pay cause they were legal workers. Now you have these mexicans and illegals coming in and doing jobs for way less money cause its twice what they make in their country. So they just send that shit back to their families while they jam pack one apartment with like 7-8 mexicans while they live here until they are deported. Plus they benefit from governement programs which drains more
Money from americans.
>>
>>742892729

"worst global economy the World has ever seen" ??

When was the "global economy" any better? More people have been lifted out of poverty in the last 30 yrs than all of recorded history prior.

meme magic does not equal truth.
>>
>>742896487
But it is just as easy as "move". There's no good reason that a guy with IT skills makes 1200/month anywhere. That's utterly ridiculous.
>>
>>742896707
Yes, in India, China, Viet Nam...
>>
>>742896624

Like I said, I have a house and no debt, I'm making it, I'm just mad I'm not making as much as I should be. I'm working harder for less.

But I'm doing just fine, I'm much better off than my peers (mainly because I chose a recession proof industry a while ago).

You can think what you want about what I do, but the fact wages haven't gone up since 1975 isn't a myth or whining, its the facts.

I only provided details about what I do to show the absurdity of the current American economy, its not a unique case.

What do you do exactly, for the record?
>>
>>742895818
>how about all this shit in collages being safe spaces ? what kind of bullshit is this ??
These people cannot ruin anything, mostly because nobody hires them for jobs that are important.

We are blaming you because you took the veterans work, turned it to shit by screwing with the Federal reserve, of course because you didn't stop there no. You went further and pushed iran/iraq to a "small" war domino so now we have these unresolvable shitpits in the middle east, while going to vietnam which is why everyone in the world hates america.

Not because what your veterans fought in the WW2
>>
>>742894535
Rekt
>>
>>742895818

Just stop. If you ever post here again, I will fuckin’ choke slam you into a coffee table, with any luck it will be one of those old school
antique coffee tables that was made out of the really good wood from deep in the fucking forest and not that Ikea bitch that explodes like a
fucking stunt table. I will put you right through it, and pull you up by your god damn larynx and then right through the dry wall, my hand would
be disappearing into the wall like I just fisted a fucking horse. Then I’d pull you out, you’d have plaster all over your fucking hair, you’d be
deprived of 3 quarters of your oxygen, and you’d start to cry. Then I’d just whisper into your ear, really calmly, like one of those bad guys
in one of those great 80’s movies with Mel Gibson, or fucking Stallone or whatever, where once the goons would get him tied up and the head
bad guy that’s running bitch would come in all relaxed with his dress shoes and suit and would just come up and put his face like parallel to
the other dude’s face and just come in and whisper in the guy’s ear nice and calmly. That’s what I’d do to you, as you’re struggling to breath,
I’d put my head right next to your ear and just be like “If you ever post in this section again, I will fucking kill you. You understand me? The
only reason you’re not dead right now is because I haven’t figured out how to get away with it yet. If you even come in this section again, I
swear to god, I will grab you by your fucking baby fat and the top of your fucking head and I will throw you upside down through a bay window”
As you sit out there in the rain, picking the glass and the wood shards out of your body, I’m gonna take a tray of hot macaroni and throw it right
on your fucking face. That’s what I’ll do if you ever post here again.
>>
>>742896816

are they not part of the "global economy"?
>>
>>742896701
oh yeah, forgot that you don't have any free uni to further educate yourself because of the baby assholes, sorry
>>
>>742896659
see
>>742896904

For a "Millenial" I would be considered well off, when I tell people I only work one job they are flabbergasted.

I'm basing that statement off what people made in the 80s, not off some form of self deserving entitlement. Do people not know what inflation is?

Everyone in this thread is making less now than their parents made in 1980, this isn't an opinion.
>>
>>742896775
I once more refer you to ”$100/month left over."

First, last month's rent and deposit totals between $1800-$2000 in my nearest metro, so that's almost two years of nothing going wrong in order to relocate, nevermind that doesn't include any furniture, kitchenware, or other necessities.
>>
>>742895197

Everyone wants to act like this is some great social injustice. It's actually a direct result of reproductive trends since the 1960s.

Well educated, career driven, intelligent couples tend to have fewer children. Poor, uneducated, welfare or working class people tend to have more children.

The dumbest among us are reproducing the fastest. And have been for years.

Knowing that, why wouldn't wealth end up concentrated in the hands of the few?

I don't see why my wife and I should pay more taxes to make sure that an unwed mother with 6 kids can buy a house with no money down under a federal loan guarantee program.
>>
>>742896904
I own/operate a high tech recruitment firm.
For those with marketable skill sets wages have increased quite nicely for the past 20 years. If wages in your industry are decreasing it's because the demands of the position can be completed by unskilled labor and/or automation. It really is that straightforward.
>>
>>742896904
>You can think what you want about what I do, but the fact wages haven't gone up since 1975 isn't a myth or whining, its the facts.
This is an absolute myth. The number of persons living in abject poverty in the world has gone down by 2/3. The only people whose wages have not gone up are the unskilled persons in the West who were overpaid when there was no competition.
>>
>>742892729
aww thats sweet. who really care is the millennials suffer.
>>
>>742895308
>be student
>demand for low to moderately skilled labor is low
>try taking the time and woe to become highly skilled
>massive opportunity cost of happiness
>would be happier with that happiness instead of any additional happiness gained with high skill income
>opt for welfare instead

NEET life is good senpai
>>
>>742897264
Ever heard of a 2nd job?
>>
>>742896937
sure kid. go fucking cry in a corner.
>>
>>742894194
sure kid
>>
>>742897355
I work third shift in an on-call position. "Sorry, boss, I can't come in. I'm at my Burger Barn shift" doesn't exactly fly.
>>
>>742894445
you first
>>
>>742897418
>sure kid. go fucking cry in a corner.
Truth hurts doesn't it?
>>
>>742895818
>how about all this shit in collages

Well, you made it past the first sentence without being retarded. I guess that's something.
>>
>>742894571
sad I hope you lose everything
>>
>>742894725
try reading comprehension asshole
>>
>>742894797
not as retarded as you.
>>
>>742897183

It is an opinion, and isn't based in fact. I'm far better off than my parents were in 1980. As are my brother and my sister.

But we got marketable degrees and worked our asses off. We also relocated to areas where wage growth outpaced cost of living increases. You know, the proactive shit that smart people do to get ahead.
>>
>>742895073
sure kid
>>
>>742895197
try working
>>
>>742895299
then enjoy your failure.
>>
>>742897764
Great comeback kid. Really well reasoned.
1/10, got me to reply.
>>
>>742895840
you deserve your shitty life.
>>
>>742896327
It starts to become a problem when the opportunity cost of becoming an "invaluable" employee (which seems necessary these days according to your post) exceeds the downsides of going NEET. Now we have a shitton of NEETS in the young male demographic.
>>
>>742896435
not if we kill you first.
>>
>>742894194
>stock boy is sad he doesnt make a million dollars a year
>IT ALL BABY BOOMIE FAULTIE WALTIE WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
>>
>>742897847
>Failure

So how badly do you hate your life and family that you'd rather always be working?
>>
>>742897355
Might as well go NEET at that point. Quite poor and free >>>>>>>>>> independent and define yourself by the job you're told to do
>>
>>742897150
like you deserve it kid.
>>
>>742894571
Are you living in Commiefornia? That state is so fucked up, I can't understand why anyone would live there.
>>
>>742897508

In the early 80's I made 16 an hour. Took a second job at $5.35 during the holiday season. When I interviewed, the store director grilled me as to why I wanted the job as she only made $14 an hour. Told her I needed the money, etc... Hired on. My main job started working OT which they never did, yet I commited to working the other job. Did I pussy out? No, you make a comitment you keep your word, no woe is me.

You work a third shift on an on-call position. I'd tell that boss, sir, I have bills to pay, I will have to take a second job. Maybe they will pony up and get you more hours.
>>
>>742897563
doesn't hurt me asshole.
>>
>>742898229
I've asked, but they're very demanding in that regard. 'If you can't be available (i.e., able to come in any time with 30 minutes notice), we don't need you.'
>>
>>742897963
ah the condensending answer.
hallmark of a true loser.
try occupying a job kid.
>>
>>742893701
Won't be long.
>>
>>742898182
Would have by now, but it's a point of pride that nobody else is footing my bills.
>>
>>742898168
you would think that you would do more than speculate.
admit it. your posts were lies.
>>
>>742897183

>making less now than their parents made in 1980

But is their standard of living lower? I doubt it.

In 1980 a PC cost about $3000. That's in 1980 dollars. The equivalent of about $9600 today.

In 1980 a 19" color tv cost $600. The equivalent of $11,000 today.

In 1980 a gallon of gas was $1.19. The equivalent of $3.70 today.

In 1980 it cost $.25/min to talk on the phone long distance (which might have only been 20 miles away). The equivalent of $.75/min today.

There were no cell phones, and most people didn't have cable tv. Today even people on welfare have an iPhone with unlimited talk-text, cable/satellite, and likely a pc.

The good old days weren't all that good. You just weren't alive to know it.
>>
File: willy.jpg (4KB, 127x127px) Image search: [Google]
willy.jpg
4KB, 127x127px
>>742896775
Not that anon, BUT IT Field is super saturated these days everyone with an A+ thinksthey are an Admin and unless you live in Silicon Valley the pay is Dog Shit. I gave up on IT even though MSCSE and Novell Certs are curent I was Network Security and could not seem to make more then 45K a year anywhere. Working for a School doing Custodial Maint and while the pay is still low? At least I don't get a call at 2AM because the night shift dl'd ransom ware while viewing porn again.
>>
>>742894571
>1000k
>cant aford children
>barely head above water

the fuck are you doing with your money?
with 40k a year you can have a shitload of children and not a single worry about money
>>
>>742893701
>>742898430
Keep dreaming.
>>
>>742898481
No, really, I have a friend who's of that same mindset. Works 60+ hours a week, has a wife and four kids (all girls, the poor bastard) who he NEVER sees. Sure, he makes decent money, but on his days off all he wants to do is sleep or read. He either hates his family, or thinks that making money is enough. When he dies, they will probably barely know the man. I don't believe that is good for anyone. We shouldn't have to bargain our souls for the prospect of mere survival.
>>
>>742898539
That's just commodities. Please do that comparison for a roughly identical house (% white area, sq ft., area), automobile (whatever seems legit), and Bachelor's degree (average). I'm really looking forward to it!
>>
>>742898363

Shit, I'd start looking for a new job. No offense but "oncall" jobs suck. Start identifiying a new industry or new career field immediately. Ask yourself, what happens if they suddenly lay me off? What would you do? That isn't a job I'd consider a good fit.
>>
>>742898873
>with 40k a year you can have a shitload of children and not a single worry about money
kek, you dont even need that. I could double by NEETbux with just 3 kids
>>
>>742898557
Again...you've illustrated the earlier point about unskilled labor. Of course if your an MCSE/Novell network guy the pay sucks and there are no jobs. There hasn't been a demand for that crap since '97. All those people (who've remained relevant) moved on to more marketable skill sets. They're looking more like "DevOps" these days and when that get's old, they'll pick up something else. This is the part that many Americans seem unable to grasp; Education doesn't end anymore. Not your Sr year in high school or college, not after you get your first real job. If you don't stay current, you don't stay employed. Again, very straightforward.
>>
>>742899062
I have been, but finding a new career at my age is daunting. I've been considering a trade, but like I said before, I don't know a hammer from a hacksaw and I'm not built for getting under houses or into attics.
>>
>>742898363
Back to my original point... the job market is so over flooded with "college educated" dipshits cause weve been taught not to be content with a blue collar job. Youre disposable. Get a trade and man the fuck up like the other dude said.
>>
>>742898972
>(% white area, sq ft., area)
>area
I mean county. So as to prevent some urban/rural cherrypicking
>>
File: 1495386878831.png (296KB, 500x605px) Image search: [Google]
1495386878831.png
296KB, 500x605px
>>742898430
>>
>>742899271
And as I said, I'm already buried under loan debt and don't qualify, and with my job there's no way I can afford trade school.
>>
>>742899242
Damn, glad I went NEET after college then. Not worth the $$$ to spend the time I could be using on 2D
>>
>>742899334
this.
Leave their bodies to the degenerate swine they created (yes it was the boomers who created IdPol, yes they will deny this fact)
>>
>>742895818
Hey OLD FAG, way to fuck up inflation in the 1970s and 1980s and fucking us over
-Also your generation raised this one, so all the gender identy shit going on now is a direct result of how your generation raised their kids
>>
>>742898972

Median house (1980): 67,000
Inflation adjusted 2017 dollars: 209,000
Median house (2017): $259,000

Ford Escort,base model (1980): $5,189
Inflation adjusted: $16,196
2017 Ford Focus, base: $16,775

Keep in mind a 1980 escort has crank windows, am radio, and no ac. A 2017 focus has a touch screen entertainment center in the dash to control the satellite radio.

4 year degree, avg public in state (1980): $2,100
Inflation adjusted: $6,554
4 year degree, avg public in state (2016): $9,650
>>
>>742898946

boomer here, I went to work at an industrial plant out of high school, most workers were from WW2, anon, you should have millions of dollars, (they had all been there and made 4x what I did). How much is your mortgage? 90 a month on a house that cost them $3000 when they bought it in 1950 now worth $600,000. Anon, how much is your rent? $560 a month, etc..

I didn't get angry and blame the previous generation, I saved my money, worked hard. If nothing else, I learned that you earn what you work for. My dad was from the "greatest generation" he worked 60 hours a week and then some, that was probably the greatest inspiration in my life.
>>
>Be 1977 college grad
>work part time jobs to pay for school etc
>have enough money left over to buy a new camero, $5,000.00 in cash

1968 to 1985 US inflation goes from 4% to 20%, eventually drops back to 3-4% but not before fucking over consumer pricing and creating our heavy reliance on the credit and loan industry
>>
>>742899791

In the 80's mortgage rates were 18% which made most houses unaffordable.

Whats the current mortgage rate? 4.5%?
>>
Don't worry, us GenXers will try to fix it at some point.
>>
>>742898539
Overall purchasing power is the main hallmark. Your example of the computer, for example, was the 'early adopter' price, along with higher overall manufacturing costs.

$10/hr in 1980 had the overall purchasing power of a modern $31/hr. An earlier poster's $5.35/hr example of a shit job is equivalent to $16/hr today.

So, your numbers are accurate, but they're not evidence for the point you're trying to make.
>>
>>742898873

Depends on where they're living. For example, 100k/yr isn't enough to get a mortgage in Vancouver, BC, Canada.
>>
>>742899952
so how the fuck are we, the new generation, supposed to buy your old original $30,000 starter home for $600,000?
>>
>>742899791

Per capita personal income (1980): 10,153
Inflation adjusted: 31,690
Per capita personal income (2015): 48,112
>>
>>742899791
Your comparison of median house potentially has a flaw. If the median house in 1980 was 2700 square feet, and the median house in 2017 is 1400 square feet, you don't have a good baseline comparison.
>>
>>742892729
Yeah, literally the worse generation. Miked the country dry and left the kids with the bill. Then basically blame everything on us, while trying to still screw us over any chance they get.
>>
>>742900369
This.
I can't and probably never will afford a house, so my major plan is to at best rent a shared living space with a negro (because that will lower value and thus ependature rate) and at best live with my parents.
I can't afford to move so i'm stuck in cucknida.
>>
>>742899952
I personally don't blame anyone. The economy is rough, but it is the nature of things to change and if anyone is at fault, it's policymakers squeezing as much blood as they can from the stone.

I just want people from prior generations to acknowledge the metrics have changed, and not for the better.
>>
>>742899791
>median adjusted home price (1980) $93,400
>median adjusted home price (2017) $259,000
Where the fuck did you get your 80's number?
>>
>>742899791
>>742900588
>>742900693
lol just be 4x more competitive in a much more competitive and evolving market you lazy millennial. kids these days
>>
>>742895308
>You don't seem to understand that waning demand for your skill set. It doesn't require and ivy-league education to sell junk food.
The depression of minimum wage is what's driven down wages for that job though.
If all jobs paid a better minimum wage his job, being more difficult, would be well above it. (Just like it's twice minimum now -- less than minimum in the 60's adjusted for inflation.)
>>
Most jobs these days suck. You got people with masters degrees answering phones in call centers and doing data entry. Most available jobs pay shit, you don't need a degree and suck. People want slaves, not workers. You basically need to learn a trade to make it anymore.
>>
it doesnt really mattress, in the end we're all properly fucked. (even if some huge discovery or change in human behavior occurs)
>>
>>742900384

That's exactly what I thought in 1980. If you read my original post, all the other workers were making 4x what I was making and taking the piss out of me for not having a million dollars in the bank.

They paid literally like $3000 for a house in 1950, but because of the location, that house in 1980 was valued at $600,000. I never thought I could afford a house. Ended up finding a house in a cheaper city, thats what happens.

I know that a lot of investors and "flippers" like those house flippers and foreign investors are making it impossible to buy property nowdays. Even mobile homes are ridiculous as they have you captive and you can't just get a new space like an apartment.
>>
>>742900693

www.census.gov/const/uspricemon.pdf
>>
>>742893545
ayy
>>
I have a good job, earn about $130k Per Annum, wife earns about $95k P.A. plus bonuses. We are both 35. I bought our house about 10 years ago. We have about $100k equity in our house and owe $240k on it. We are in the top 10% in our country yet my parents still have easier. They get the pension, retired at 55. They have free medical, subsidised power, rates, water etc. Their primary residence is worth over $1mill, they have a $200k caravan towed by a $90k 4wd. They have about $400k in saving and yet my generation is spoilt according to them because we have smartphones and the internet.
>>
>>742900598

You're awful bitter anon. Quit blaming others. Soon others will blame you for the state of the country, you can shrug your shoulders and say, "it was the people before me, not MY fault"
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (81KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
81KB, 1280x720px
>>742900924
>mattress
Nothing really mattress
Anyone can see
Nothing really mattress
Nothing really Mattress to meeeeeeeeeeeee!!
>>
>>742900281

But it does. Real wages have grown very modestly over the past 40 years. See >>742900433

But the purchasing power is greater. You're not spending 10 grand for s computer of 1800 for a 19" tv. The standard of living for the average American is far better today than 40 years ago.
>>
>>742901073
I am in a similar position, will spare the exact details, but my father retired at 62 with a great pension and despite putting 20% of my pay into a 401K there is no way I will ever be able to retire at 62 or even 65. I plan to work until I am unable.
>>
File: 1485284309264.png (175KB, 500x497px) Image search: [Google]
1485284309264.png
175KB, 500x497px
>>742895818
>how about all this shit in collages being safe spaces ? what kind of bullshit is this ??
has nothing to do with the fact that tuition is expensive as fuck compared to when you had the opportunity to go to school (which I'm assuming you didn't take).
>how about all this gender studies crap and guys turning themselves into bitches ?
again, not addressing the real world issues we're talking about with wages, tuition, and safety nets
>abd the god damn queers being celebrated as being special because they suck a cock and everyone telling kids this shit is normal ..
now you're just an old man rambling...
>how about women wanted equality but that is just a word they are using for emasculating men, then complaining there are no good men anymore,
how about women have to leave the house now to find work because families earn less than their parents? You fucking moron, you didn't think about that.
>how about we gave the blacks every god damned thing and even the presidency and they still failed ..except for an exceptional few
I have a feeling you didn't vote for Obama so "we" didn't give blacks the presidency. Additionally, that has nothing to do with stagnant wages, a dismantling of sustainable retirement benefits for long time employees (lel at least i still have my 401k right guise?!).

Basically, we're having an adult conversation and you wandered in from /pol/ to stink up the room with inconsequential bull shit that isn't affecting anything but your feelings. Go die already, you useless fuck.
>>
>>742894410
This, you fucking millenials are enjoying the benefits of the world we fucking paid to create for you whinging bastards.

Shove your whiny entitlement where the sun doesn't shine

Now get back to work wage slaves, I need some fucker to fund my massive state pension that yo won't get :)
>>
>>742900588

Do you honestly believe houses have gotten smaller since 1980?
>>
>>742900369
100k a year is barely enough to buy a condo in most of Vancouver. Housing prices there are fucking insane. A lot of people make really good money there but even still the average person spends half, or more, of their after tax pay on just housing.

As a bonus, a bunch of boomers who bought houses in Vancouver decades ago got to flip them for literally 20x what they paid, or more.
>>
>>742900433
Is there data to do this among young people? Like 18-32 adjusted income in 1980 vs 2015
>>
File: 1498672413281.png (271KB, 456x512px) Image search: [Google]
1498672413281.png
271KB, 456x512px
>>742901493
>This, you fucking millenials are enjoying the benefits of the world...
>Now get back to work wage slaves, I need some fucker to fund my massive state pension that yo won't get :)

The entitlement is strong in this one. I bet you EARNED it all by doing stuff like showing up for work every day and not making the boss mad. What a contribution to society you've made. Suicide is always an option for the elderly!
>>
>>742901738
You could type that last sentence into google...
>>
>>742901100
It's not our fault you ruined the country by creating a huge housing bubble that almost sank the entire nation, while at the same time robbing everyone of their life savings. Then you turn around a elect idiots into office who's only promise is to screw over your kids. Fuck you in the eyes asshole.
>>
>>742901306
Same here. Cost of living is through the roof. My parents seem to believe that they got where they are by saving when it was actually by buying a house for $20k in 1984 and using the equity in it after a few years to buy several more and then sell them when they retired, causing massibe overinflation of the housing prices. They still get the fucking pension on top of it. They worked hard when they were working but lets be honest, it was luck and screwing over future generations that got them where they are now.
>>
>>742901493
You didn't create shit, your parents did and you lived off their success. Don't believe me, ask your parents!
>>
>>742901531
The average place being built is smaller, yeah. Because people can't afford big houses anymore. There are still plenty of large houses, but there are way, way more small ones being built than big ones.
>>
>>742901847
Cry us a river little boy
>>
>>742901561
>flip them for literally 20x

And the boomers were the first to ever do this, right, or are they just the target of your wrath?
>>
>>742892729
It's true. They need to be culled. Possibly by kicking them off healthcare. Shorten that lifespan up nice & tight.

And I know just the president to do it. One of their own shortsighted ingrates.
>>
>>742901738

starting salary for bachelors degree graduates (1980): $18,553
Inflation adjusted: 51,047
Starting salary for bachelors degree graduate (2015): $50,219
>>
File: image.png (349KB, 850x573px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
349KB, 850x573px
>>742894571
Right there with ya, buddy. Ihave a union job. In our last contract, workers at Wal-Mart received, on avaerge, larger raises than we did.

But it's not the Boomer's fault, and most of the autists posting here are overlooking the fact that the boomer generation has been incredibly kind to gen-X and millenials. My mom let me live at home into my 30's because my salary never climbed out of the 30's. When it did, I moved out, found a wife (actually found her first...do you know how incredibly hard it is to find a girl willing to date you when you still live at home.), bought a home, and took a series of shit jobs because it pays my mortgage. I am LUCKY. So are you. So is everybody else bitching in this thread. Count your blessings, faggots. This isn't Communist China, and it never will be. The days from pic related are over because brave people endured them. Walter Reuther had one fucking arm that worked, but when he shook your hand withthe other one...holy shit!
>>
>>742901810
no way youth makes 10x less today than in 1980. My googlefu is weak
>>
>>742892729
I've had this same kind of conversation twice recently. Even if you somehow ignore everything else the hyperinflation ALONE changes the whole game dramatically. Baby boomers are arguably the worst generation of Americans ever. They were handed, literally, the wealth of the entire developed world post ww2 from every other first world nation owing the US out the ass after their own infrastructures were destroyed but now blame millennials after they pissed it and then some all away. The main things keeping Great Depression 2.0 at bay is momentum and America having a disgustingly bloated World Police Force. This house of cards they built looks like it's going to crumble on someone else's watch though and they're smug asses will blame fucking avocados.
>>
>>742901253
Your example of computer and televisions is irrelevant - those are single goods. It ignores the vast number of other services that _have_ inflated well beyond. Hence why we have aggregate measures, such as the Consumer Price Index.

It's like me looking at my one friend who didn't have to take out student loans and say, "Yup - obviously, this means that anyone complaining about needing a loan is full of shit".
>>
>>742902032
No, of course they weren't the first to do this. It's just a little annoying to see people selling houses they bought for $100k for $2m or more when you can't afford an apartment in the same city. This particular thing isn't their fault at all, they just took advantage of their luck as anyone should- it just really highlights how fucked up things are for everyone else there.
>>
>>742902020
Exactly the response I would have expected. Enjoy your older years, because it's going to be hell with the mess you created. Have a pension, a retirement plan? Good luck having that save your ass the next big collapse happens and you got hoards of niggers at the door of your nursing home looking to rape your old ass.
>>
Millenials have all been told too many times by fucking dimwitted parents that theyre the centre of the fucking universe and eventually it started in their minds to become real. Whiny entitled maggots
>>
>>742902111
It aint just America, we are fucked in Australia too unfortunately.
>>
>>742901531
Yeah, absolutely. Old neighborhoods in the city I live in, gigantic houses, gigantic lots. Newer developments, duplexes, quadplexes, townhomes.
>>
>>742897324
>outsourcing
>globalization
>women working
It's not simple supply demand game theory senpai. Lots of things happened to make a similar effort exponentially less rewarded
>just work 4 jobs and get + maintain a useful skill
Nah, NEET time senpai
>>
>>742901984

Again from the US Census Bureau:

Avg SF of new single family construction:

1973 - 1,525 sf
1980 - 1,595 sf
1990 - 1,905 sf
2000 - 2,057 sf
2010 - 2,169 sf
2016 - 2,453 sf
>>
>>742901561
Holy fuck, you can actually find a condo for 100K? I thought minimum buy-in started at 300K for 500 square feet.
>>
>>742902069
You do realize that 4 year degrees are much less valuable today but more common, right?
>>
>>742892729
Oh it's not over yet. They haven't been retiring. Why? Because almost none of them have saved any god damn money. They pissed away all their money, their parents money, and their kids money, on themselves, and so few of them have anything in fucking savings, the amount of them falls under "negligible" (lost in the range of error of the statistics).

They've bankrupted the entire nation, and when that wasn't enough, they damn near bankrupted the world, once in the 80s, and again in 2008, and they're on track to do it again in no time.

When they suddently expect everyone else alive on earth to bend over backwards and fuck themselves to pay for their healthcare, the US economy grinds to a halt.

Boomers have NO fucking business being in charge of anything at this point.
>>
>>742901768
>showing up for work every day and not making the boss mad

This is one skill you don't need a college education to understand. I worked with millenials that would caution me, oh don't clean up, they will expect that out of us everyday. Or the guy that when the production manager, yo anon, put that away, management is on the floor, yeah yeah. Keeps browsing his phone, the manager comes up to him, red faced, young guy holds up his palm, keeps staring at the phone. Okay what do you want?

Both of those guys were fired. How hard is it to show some respect? Yeah, I'll bet they both blame the boomer boss, what an asshole, wouldn't let me browse on the job, why do I have to clean. Another clown they caught sneaking a smoke in one of the machines (was smoking crack!
>>
>>742901984
>>742902296

All of us suffer from cognitive bias...we believe what we see and extrapolate it to the rest of the world. My parents still live in upstate ny where the economy is shit. So they think the economy is shit everywhere. But that isn't necessarily so.

Seeing big old houses in a city center, or feeling like people cant afford big houses because they themselves (and their friends) can't, doesn't mean it is that way everywhere.
>>
>>742902226
Nursing home? nah i'll have 3 or 4 millenials to wipe my backside and fetch me beer, anoy other way I can humiliate then on an hourly basis?
>>
>>742902471
>Both of those guys were fired.
kek
pedro wins again. Ty pedro for doing the jobs we won't do without a raise
>>
>>742897001
>>742902470
No they don't obviously it's a much better idea to put some wetback in charge of everything

pipe down junior
>>
File: brat.jpg (15KB, 635x414px) Image search: [Google]
brat.jpg
15KB, 635x414px
>>
>>742902427

>much less valuable

I'd argue that both the avg starting salary for college grads, and people's willingness to pay more for a degree today than in 1980 refute your statement.
>>
>>742902630
Good lucky hiring them... I see help wanted all over for shitty jobs and no one is taking them. It will probably be some Muslim refuge they bring in to work for dirt cheap any will rape you on a nightly basis. You will be unheard, passed off as crazy and will live out your final years in pain and suffering with only hell to look forward to.
>>
>>742902086
This is true. The economy is shit for people right now largely because of how, increasingly, things are being run by and for the very wealthy, rather than because of any particular generation. Doesn't make the fact that this generation is worse off, economically, than the previous one any more pleasant, but it's not (mostly) the fault of the Boomers.
>>
>>742897271

Here's a question, why do the rest of us subsidize the poor and pay them to have more children? If they're a net drain on the economy, and society, shouldn't we WITHHOLD public money from going to their families? Or is there just no stopping them from reproducing; in which case the success of modern society is doomed to fail because of the massive proliferation of idiots?
>>
>>742902359
I mean making 100k per year is what you need. Yeah there's no way you're getting a condo under 300k unless you go waaaaay out into the boonies. Hell even the shittiest parts of East Van are too expensive for most people now.
>>
>>742902221

DUDE, I started working in 1980 with people that bought their houses in 1950 at 3000 and they were worth well over mid six figures then

I remember looking at a house in 1980 and the mortgage rate was like 18% it was a little flat roof house in a ghetto, 900 sq ft, but was all I could afford at the time. It had a fuse box with TWO screw in fuses for the whole house, because microwaves weren't common.
>>
>>742902842
>starting salary for bachelors degree graduates (1980): $18,553
>Inflation adjusted: 51,047
>Starting salary for bachelors degree graduate (2015): $50,219

>Per capita personal income (1980): 10,153
>Inflation adjusted: 31,690
>Per capita personal income (2015): 48,112

Wat? The % gain decreased massively since then by your own posted data
>>
File: nig.jpg (27KB, 382x322px) Image search: [Google]
nig.jpg
27KB, 382x322px
>>742892729

Keep blaming us, you faggots. That's why you'll never be as fucking EPIC as we are. You're too busy looking for the easy/free way out.

You millennials are all just like a bunch of worthless niggers. On your goddamn phones all day, drinking your $8.00 coffee like a bunch of faggots.

Thank god for the baby boomers or you worthless cum stains would be sucking Osama Bin Ladin's cock right now. And Kim Jong Uns, and that other sand nigger Saddam Hussain.

So fuck the fuck off. Go buy some substandard vinyl and smoke a few more cigarettes you shitbag fucks.
>>
File: image.jpg (414KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
414KB, 960x1440px
>>742902282
You gave us Paul Hogan. YOU started it!
>>
>>742903087

What's up with all the East-Asian investors buying up rental properties? I hear from my relatives there that they've absolutely destroyed the housing market.
>>
>>742902111
>fucking avocados

Yep, its those faggoty assed millenials eating avocado toast. Wah
>>
File: ymn.jpg (34KB, 625x418px) Image search: [Google]
ymn.jpg
34KB, 625x418px
>>742903160
>>
>>742899451
Well looks like ur Chinas new employee... trapped in America by the education system that made you a slave to pay off Americas debts. How does the America Dream feel?
>>
>>742903029

Unfortunately I believe your last statement is correct. And I think it's going to happen sooner than anyone realizes.
>>
File: brat2.jpg (37KB, 650x433px) Image search: [Google]
brat2.jpg
37KB, 650x433px
A butthurt millenial yesterday
>>
>>742894648
And here we see exhibit A of boomers effect on public education. Arguments such as "The Gays/Blacks/Jews/Hippies are ruining muh cuntry" still seem to resonate with those who hold to the ideologies that originated during the boomers mid twenties and thirties. These arguments came to a head in the 1960's and 70's and were soundly defeated in the public domain. The only place where they survived were in populations who already felt comfortable with Dogmatic rhetoric. This seems to have primarily been with the white christian population who's parents fought in world war two. Boomers by definition were the group who were born into the economic and social boom post war. They have never known true economic strife, only oil embargoes and trickle down failures. They have never known true ideological World War, only political posturing in Vietnam, Korea, and the Middle East. They have never known Social equality, only separate but equal.

The boomer generation were the weak men created by good times that their Mothers and Fathers won. They have no context for the culture that is growing around them and can only point the finger and blame others because passing the buck is all they have ever done.

Millennials are the first American generation in 100 years to face global ideological war. They are the first American generation to not be almost entirely christian. They are the first generation in America's history to have a worse economic, social, environmental, and financial world than their parents.

>Hard times create strong men.
>Strong men create good times.
>Good times create weak and complacent men.
>Weak men create hard times.
>tl;dr Boomers done fucked up.

The strong men who fought in World War Two are too old to affect change, or dead. We are at the conclusion of the time of Weak men, and we are the strong men born from the world they have created.
>>
>>742899451

Move to a different country and make the US try to collect on your student loan debt. Renounce your citizenship and become a citizen somewhere else. The US is basically paying you to leave bro.
>>
For parents of millenials everywhere

https://www.everydayfamily.com/blog/my-child-is-a-cry-baby/
>>
>>742894571
I'm 33, between my wife and I we make ~70k. I just payed 15k for a car in cash, I still have 12k in the bank, about 3k in CC debt.

I live like a fucking king and we sock away between 20 and 30k a year.

(also bought a house 2 years ago)
>>
File: 1483170732763.jpg (148KB, 620x931px) Image search: [Google]
1483170732763.jpg
148KB, 620x931px
>>742902471
That has nothing to do with the fact that the wages you earned at their age were higher when adjusted for inflation, and the fact that you had a more stable economy. You could make a living wage on a simple job without a degree. You had it easy but every time someone brings in some real world facts you start spouting off about how rude millenials are or whatever else you want to over-simplify.

Again, please do the country a favor and kill yourself, or at least stop voting.
>>
>>742903302

No. You MY nigga <3
>>
>>742903169
And Steve Irwin! Crikey!
>>
>>742903151

It's two different pools of people. You can't draw conclusions from those together.

Per capita is all workers, including those boomers who haven't yet retired at 70.

Starting salary is only new college educated entrants to the workforce.

The value of a college degree is the same as it was in 1980, because employers are willing to pay roughly the same inflation adjusted salary today as they did in 1980. How that compares to the overall workforce is irrelevant, because the demographics of the overall workforce are completely different today than in 1980.
>>
File: millenial collage.jpg (293KB, 1855x917px) Image search: [Google]
millenial collage.jpg
293KB, 1855x917px
Bet all you fuckers are feateured somewhere
>>
>>742903201

This is true. It started with Japan in the 80's and now its the Chinese. Some places like Vancouver were infested with chinese after they took back Hong Kong.
>>
>>742903536

35 make about 100 between the two of us. Just bought a 17K car in cash have 30K in the bank. Only debt is our mortgage which is at 80k. Home is worth 170K.

No retarded school debt, decent but hard work.

Cry more kiddos.
>>
>>742903348
I didn't sign on for this, so I'll check out. One last burden in finding a spot to bury me, then I'm free.
>>
>>742898384
>condensending
jfc how do you people survive
>>
File: me lighting up.jpg (55KB, 615x345px) Image search: [Google]
me lighting up.jpg
55KB, 615x345px
This was me last week enjoying a cigar
>>
>>742903536

Hispanic?
>>
>>742892729
Have any of you ever seen someone born before 1980 actually look for a job?

My dad always use to give me this shit. "you have to go out and check on your application every day", "you just aren't looking hard enough", "you gotta walk around and look for work, you won't find work sitting in your room".

When he got fired from his job working for Burlington Northern Railroad for getting pissed off at his boss and yelling swears at him, he never found another job. He looked for a while, but never found one, because he hasn't looked for a job in 25 years and didn't realize that times have changed and it's a lot harder to find a career these days than it was when he was a kid.
>>
>>742903464
I won't do that to my family; Fun fact, if they can't collect from you, it passes to next-of-kin. The debt isn't the kind that ends when you die.
>>
File: image.jpg (48KB, 531x411px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 531x411px
>>742903759
Infested with people who work hard and have respect for authority? Because not working hatd or having respect for authority usually meant suffering the same fate as pic related? I hope the midwest becomes "infested" with people like this. Wait...we already have Mexicans, who are close enough!
>>
>>742904062
White. I have a job in the pipe to take 70k myself at 44 right now.
>>
>>742904079
Not harder to find a career. People lack the desire to preform medial tasks. The bottom rung doesn't exist anymore.
>>
>>742904244
>Respect for authority=sucking the boss' dick
>>
File: smack the twat.jpg (610KB, 2175x1447px) Image search: [Google]
smack the twat.jpg
610KB, 2175x1447px
You fucking millenials didn't get enough of this shit when you were brats
>>
>>742903557
Why?

If we stopped voting, there would have been a democrat as president.

You should be thanking us we still save your asses in our old age.
>>
>>742903151
>>742903726

Here's some comparable data:

In 1980, a college educated 25-34 year old earned 19% more than a high school educated 25-34 year old.
*souce: nces.gov/pubs99/1999009.pdf

In 2015 a college educated 25-34 year old earned 64% more than a high school educated 25-34 year old.
*source: nces.gov/programs/cow/indicator_cba.pdf
>>
File: soniamproud.jpg (316KB, 1225x1483px) Image search: [Google]
soniamproud.jpg
316KB, 1225x1483px
My Lil Millennial. Kicking ass and taking names.
>>
>>742903805
I'm hoping to break 100k in the household before years end (interview at a new place which will me a 30k salary bump, IT system admin), then if I get real lucky my wife will find a new job making an additional 20k (she is in HR).
>>
>>742904079

I can tell you that back in the day, you looked in the paper, took your resume to the job site, filled out an application in the office and then, met with the boss. He would scowl at you, but like anything else, if you wanted the job bad enough and worked hard, you earned a job.

Nowdays? With the made up position of HR, you usually speak with a young university educated bimbo, who decides you don't "meet the metrics" of what we are looking for, basically, you're too old. Not to mention you don't speak spanish, so you won't fit in at the plant.

People can't tell what race I am. So I got hired on at a plant that was 90% hispanic. Was there for a couple of years until one guy got pissed at me for not speaking spanish to him. Dude, I'm not spanish.... long pause. Oh, shit, they thought all this time I was spanish????
>>
>>742904469
Hell yeah I was beat. My mother beat me everyday. I'm white but I can't stand interacting with white women beyond a bare minimum now. Luckily, my yellow fever is strong. I just hope my daughters don't look white.
>>
>>742904566
Hope the extra effort pays off. Good luck.
>>
>>742904162
Your "fun fact" isn't a fact at all. Federal student loans are discharged at death. Private student loans depend on when and how the agreement was entered into and the laws where you live, Unless you co-signed for the loan (which means you accept reponsibility if the borrower can't pay, even due to death) or live in a state where debt is considered marital property, this idn't legal. Private lenders attempt illegal things all the time, so learn your rights.

source: https://studentloanhero.com/featured/what-happens-to-student-loans-when-you-die/
>>
>>742904244

No, they also jacked up the home prices, thats what people are crying about in this thread.
>>
>>742904602
I find the HR women are 70-80 year olds who look (and sound) like they smoke parliaments like a fat kid eats candy.

But ya, it is all online now. You can almost never apply in person, and if you call or show up then your resume goes right in the trash.
>>
>>742904510
dead links
>>
My step mother once complained I don't save well enough and thats why I don't have money for a community college... after inflation she was making 14.75 an hour. that's 5 dollars more per hour than me...
>>
>>742904566
Good luck, anon!
>>
Why take student loans in the first place? If you're not smart enough to get scholarships or apply for grants or god forbid enter a trade school then maybe it's simply not for you? In life not everyone gets a trophy. Your parents did you an injustice, you should be mad at them not their peers.
>>
>>742904866

Oops, sorry.

nces.ed.gov

I left out the ed
>>
>>742901171
He ate a po'boy nobody loves him,
He stole a po'boy from a poor family.
>>
>>742904770
The Chinese jacked up home prices? How?

When my parents got their first mortgage, the interest rate was in double digits. My first and only mortgage had a rate that wasn't even 4%.
>>
>>742904327

This is how a millenial interpret it. I worked a job as a young guy that the boss invited me over, "when his wife was out of town", Um....no faggot homie don't play that game.

You have to have respect for yourself. But that doesn't mean you can't be grateful to your job and grab a broom without being told or to make sure that you are always meet or exceed your production goals.
>>
>>742904945
My parents have to live with the shame and burden of housing and feeding my NEET self. I think that's adequate compensation for the evil act of bringing me into this world without a legacy to inherit into.
>>
>>742904542
Good luck to him, sincerely. He has one of the last "good" union jobs available.
>>
>>742905183
Learn to serf, nigga.
>>
>>742905118
HAHA I'm not doing janitorial work! I was hired as premiere, front entrance, seductress.

LOLZ Like I said the bottom rung doesn't exist to these kids. WTF is an internship? You mean meet and hopefully impress future employers FOR FREE?
>>
>>742904503

Hillary was the wrong candidate. I believe that Bernie was sabotaged by the Democratic party. Unfortunately, you fail to see that the Demoncrats seem to pander to people's of other nations and tried to throw American citizens (DEPLORABLES?) under the bus.

you sound like a nigger by the way, thats why Trump didn't look like he stood a chance until he won.
>>
>>742905226
Unions are shit. Once upon a time they had a purpose. Now they're tumors sucking off the worker AND the employe while trying to justify their existence by causing trouble.
>>
>>742905118
You are right. If you don't respect yourself, then nobody will respect you. If you agree to do a shot job for shit wages and never look for better work...then you are not respecting yourself.
>>
>>742904542

Are you his boyfriend?
>>
>>742905226

Yeah he works 2 days on (48 hours at the firehouse) and then has the next 4 days off. It's epic. And he's making nearly 40K at 21 years old. My other 2 boys went to college, one got a degree in Finance/Real Estate and is currently a banker, the other one is in college right now, Pre-med. I deserve a motherfucking medal, tbh. OH and I'm still married to their mother after 29 years.
>>
>>742905404
This is bait right?
>>
>>742905414
His father.
>>
File: 1500744062602.jpg (17KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1500744062602.jpg
17KB, 480x480px
Im looking through this thread and seeing a lot of blame being thrown around in this thread

>ooooh millenials complain too much and demand too much equality

>oooh baby boomers set millenials up for failure

When honestly both sides are right

Baby boomers act as if the younger generation has it so easy yet there are probably around twice as much people in the world compared to when they were young, entry level jobs keep getting automated, and more places are requiring college degrees for entry level jobs, and how are you supposed to afford college when it is super expensive these days.

It isnt impossible but while living is easier these days, making a living is a lot harder.

And to baby boomers, you had a hard life, but it was easier to get a job and get paid cash, and you complain about safe spaces and equal outcomes (which i disagree with) but what generations are coming up with these laws and policies, not fucking 20 year olds.
>>
>>742905254
Where do I begin senpai
>>
>>742905427

And jerking off to tranny donkey porn on /b/. Congrats on your life choices.
>>
>>742904854

The resume part, you can't explain anything on your resume its all taken like its written in stone. I have worked two jobs where they split off parts of the company and it seems like you have had more jobs even though all they do is change your paycheck.

I speak from going to a job club where they brought this HR bimbo in with her quote about only hiring people she enjoyed partying with!
>>
>>742902069
I graduated 2015 in biochemistry. I'm now a lab tech making 28k/yr. Where would I have had to apply to get 50k? The average non STEM+STEM graduate is getting this salary? Fug
>>
>>742905117

GEEZ with that flood that came in after Hong Kong was reclaimed by China they flooded Vancouver and bought everything in sight. All the wealthy left out of HK the situation was bad over there. I went to a Mcdonalds in HK and this local gal came over and wanted to marry me to get a visa, thats how the poor did it.
>>
>>742905860

I hire civil engineers starting at about $55k. If they do well, that goes to about $62k after 2-3 years.
>>
File: 1403109273676.jpg (13KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1403109273676.jpg
13KB, 300x300px
>>742903160
What were you EPIC about? The generation before yours was better, and ours is working on the following:
>making driverless cars that don't use gasoline >national power grid that is decentralized, modernized and requires no fossil fuels to run
>repairing environment on small and global scale
>creating AI systems that will replace most doctors and be better at detecting diseases and developing cures
>putting the US back into a focus on space exploration and scientific advancement

this is the boomers:
>went to moon, that's enough space for us
>afraid of russia forever
>"why do we need all these worker benefits? If we just give it back to the company, they'll make more money and pay us in the short term!"
>"can't afford shit anymore and i have no fallback! fucking taxes are cutting my cock to pieces!"
>vote down taxes
>corporate interest runs entire government
>Glam rock
>Obesity crisis stemming from shift in food choices by the boomers. Surprise, surprise, they went for convenience and what tasted good. What responsible people.
>End up with strongest economy humanity has ever known after cold war
>blow it in 20 years on two major wars after a terrorist attack (nevr 4getti), and deregulating the loan market
>hands this shit show off to millennials
>blames them for the shit show they're holding
>>
>>742905297

This is true.
>>
>>742905414

Oh, sorry, this post started out with the alternative crowd.

Congrats to him, that is a great profession.
>>
>>742896435
Says the guy who has achieved nothing in his life.
>>
>>742894194
100k lol nah. You are a dime a dozen and your job is as a premium grocery stocker. The only reason you get paid more than a normal grocery stockperson is because someone is paying extra money to curate those items on the shelf and make them look nice for greater sales. Your job functions to attract fatass Americans to your display area. 100k my ass.
>>
>>742906017
>blow it in 20 years...
>meant to say 10 years, but you get the point.
>>
>>742896487
You lost me at car payment. You live beyond your means.
>>
>>742905341
Not why I voted for him.

I'm generally against the democratic economic model of "free shit for everyone", which mellenials tend to gravitate towards.

Also, not nigger. Average hard working white guy.
>>
>>742905860
>biochemistry

Why didn't you get a useful degree in robotics automation and make sex dolls
>>
>>742905687
lmao true. But my boys are the shit.
>>
>>742906016
>>742906357
Yeah, I chose the wrong major. It's still not too late to become an eikaiwa (english) teacher in Japan and try to transition that into something, I think. It's better than going NEET, I guess.
>>
>>742906306
Never mind his "bills" the $30 a month lease on his iPhone, not counting the 80 for his bill. The $200 Cable TV package, guac on every sandwhich! any way. You get my point. They are raised with these luxuries and then they think they are requirements. The people you are bitching at provided all these for you. Be grateful not a whiny shit bag.
>>
>>742905860

Did you research what starting salaries were for biochem graduates before choosing that major?
>>
>>742905297
With an unpaid internship, you probably only have time to hold down a part time job. Many of these people are also going to school. How can you not see the financial situation that brings? You're essentially working for a company for free, and they're calling it an internship, when it's really just OJT. It's a loophole that they're getting around because internships are a requirement in a lot of fields that require a bachelors.

What the fuck do you do every day? Go to work, come home, and dick around. What a hard fucking life. Glad you're here to dispense your wisdom to people who work harder than you do.
>>
>>742906654
I was looking at M.D. salaries, actually. Then I burned out
>>
>>742906507

Go to med school.

Or get a Pharm.D. Pharmacists make about 120k, and it would be easy to get a Pharm.D with a biochem degree.
>>
>>742906357
man I have a degree in industrial automation even that doesn't help when 90% of the related job postings want 10+ years of in industry experience + an electricians license for entry level positions
>>
>>742906760
Uhh, I think you responded to sarcasm /b/ro
>>
>>742906950

Where do you live?
>>
File: 1483269752055.gif (2MB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1483269752055.gif
2MB, 600x600px
>>742906540
Those are luxuries... you are arguing that you don't need them but they are buying them because they're raised on them... and then you say to be grateful that you gave it to them. This is the problem with your generation. You don't even see how fucking shitty you were at raising this generation you hate. It's ridiculous. You were the fucking TV watching, put sugar in everything, pollution is my right and responsibility, fuck you as long as i'm happy, pampered latchkey pansies that ruined america.
yes i mad
>>
>>742906900
I hope teaching English in Asia gives me the wake-up call and motivation I need to do something just like that. Thanks.
>>
>>742906760
Did you not work in HS? Did you not save ANY of that? Did you not work in Uni? Even if it's a local school you should be able to pay that in cash.

I worked full time, GASP, for min. wage while attending uni. full time as well. Paid cash for my coursework with MY savings. You can work full time and do an internship.

You're right i'm set. I can afford to dick around on the net half my day. That doesn't explain why your here? Get a job loser LOL
>>
>>742907065
quebec (this is counting jobs in quebec, ontario, and new brunswick )
>>
>>742901171
>>742905076

thank you for playing.
>>
>>742907092
My kids did not get cell's until they paid for them. their cars will be bought by them. How is this my problem?
>>
>>742906540
I make 80k a year and drive a used Ford, that I paid cash for. Making car payments before your making mortgage payments is retarded.
>>
>>742901382
90% of the time that's what these conversations are. Along with the younger ones pulling random facts with out the rest of the work cited to support their argument. My current favorite is the fallacies arguments that everyone is doing.
>>
>>742906507

There's a lot to be said of teaching in Asia, a lot of fun, some never comeback. All expenses paid, food cheap, etc...
>>
>>742898873
>>742894571
what kind if country punishes their kids for how poor their parents are?
>german chuckle in the background
>i know people who legit "lost" their job on purpose because living off the state leaves them more time to school their highly gifted children
>>
>be me
>millennial faggot
> poor beaner spic.
> Make america great again
>Living in united states NOT ILLEGAL. born and raised.
>So poor move back to mexico
>work in usa
>save
>save
>move back to california san diego
>expensive as fuck to live here
>quit bitching faggots.

I worked my ass off to be where i am. I was broke. Moved away. WORKED slaved did what i had to do. I got into community college. Became an emt. Worked over 70 hrs a week to live here. Saved and am now going to school for nursing,
GTFO faggots work for your shit. i made it in one of the most expensive places to live faggots. Fuck you and your safe spaces . I hate my fucking generation pansy faggots. Work hard harder than anybody. I made it from dirt poor to where i am now. Took forever but fuck it 27 and 2 more years for nursing. fuck off crybaby faggots. FUCK ENTITLEMENT. WORK FOR YOUR SHIT. QUIT CRYING. nig nog mayweather said it best. hard work , dedication. btw born 1990
>>
>>742907599
Thanks. If all goes well with teaching, I'll probably just stick with that for the rest of my life without looking into graduate degrees or American financials
Thread posts: 284
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.